Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee (18385 Views)

Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. / Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by HisMajesty1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
just heard on Cool Fm Lagos evening news that House of Rep suspends payment of #4000 for call up letters.

30 Sep 2014
Font Size: a / A

N’Assembly Complex
... As NFIC Bill Passes Third Reading

By Muhammad Bello

The House of Representatives Tuesday directed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to suspend forthwith its policy requiring prospective corps members to pay N4,000 as registration fee before accessing their call-up letters.

Prompted by a motion sponsored by Hon. Hassan Saleh (PDP, Benue), it also instituted a probe into the alleged fee

This is as the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Centre (NFIC) bill passed third reading on the floor of the House.

According to Saleh (PDP, Benue), the "recent advertorials in some national newspapers that with effect from 2015, corps members will be required to register online with a fee of N4,000 to be able to access their call-up letters as an alternative to their having to go to their various schools to collect the letters."

He said "as laudable as the idea of sending call-up letters though the internet may be, the decision requiring fresh graduates to cough out N4,000 to access letters appears insensitive and exploitative."

Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha, upon a petition by Hon. Uzo Azubuike (PDP, Abia) that the public petitions' committee he chairs was already working on the matter, ruled that committee on youth development and the sponsor of the motion be invited to be part of the panel that will conduct a session on the matter.

Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/house-suspends-nysc-n4000-fee/190251/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by yokiti: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
They want to collect their own share of it and nothing more. When the NYSC officials settle them, you will begin to hear another story from our dishonourable legislooters.
What has happened to the suspension of FRSC number plate and drivers' license acquisition fee?
What has happened Minister for Interior; Abba Moro after the ill- fated Nigeria Immigration service recruitment probe? Instead He was allowed to add another medium of swindling the populace through international passport application address verification fee.
What about the " #2000 Address Verification" fee paid by applicants for Nigerian international passport?
Somebody should please wake me up when they are ready to make their latent intention about this fee's suspension manifest.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by suyamasta(m): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
haaaaaaaaaa Thank God i didnt pay!

4 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by israeltob(m): 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yes, i read something pertaining to it on twitter now. Can op just put this on fp, so pple can know and comment. Plsssssssssss oooooooooooooooi

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by dania30(f): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
I dunno if this should be good or bad news grin grin grin
I guess it's bad news for peeps who paid undecided angry
For their mind dem be like 'who send me message'

2 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by computerboy: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Another money made for Ogas at the top just like immigration money.
Thank God I never planned paying.

3 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
i see
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Akerry(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lol lol lol
dania30: I dunno if this should be good or bad news grin grin grin
I guess it's bad news for peeps who paid undecided angry
For their mind dem be like 'who send me message'
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by bright007(f): 3:49am On Oct 01, 2014
hmm
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Sunnycliff(m): 3:51am On Oct 01, 2014
What of those Who has paid, will there money be reimbursed?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by bennieman: 3:54am On Oct 01, 2014
So what happens to those who have already paid because some intending corps members for the next batch have paid.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Ademat7(m): 3:59am On Oct 01, 2014
This is exactly what I have been waiting for,d bible says "no soldier goes to war at his own expense". Hw can u ask us to pay for calling us? Na we call our self? By the way I dnt c APC leading any protest on this issue which is not good enough.this are issue that should spread like #bringbackourgirls campaign. FP tinz; what a way to start a new month

9 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by negbenebor(f): 4:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Thank God oooo,its a very silly decision by nysc officials...instead of dem to increase allowee

6 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Samiceman: 4:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Ademat7: Hi
hello?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by begwong: 4:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Good news.
For those that have paid,a bill shall be passed for a refund may be after 2015 elections.

7 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 4:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Mtshewww...

Like I care
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Tmex(m): 4:17am On Oct 01, 2014
IT'S GOOD HERE!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Bokoharam: 4:20am On Oct 01, 2014
Nothing to worry, NYSC. There are many ways to kill a rat. Just take it from their monthly Allawee and amortise it over the 11 months of service. N400 per month (amounting N4,000) would do. LOL.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Bokoharam: 4:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Ademat7: This is exactly what I have been waiting for,d bible says "no soldier goes to war at his own expense". Hw can u ask us to pay for calling us? Na we call our self? By the way I dnt c APC leading any protest on this issue which is not good enough.this are issue that should spread like #bringbackourgirls campaign. FP tinz; what a way to start a new month

Post this to Tinubu's website and receive N1,000,000 instantly. Be sure you would be conscripted into BH, for BH currently lacks foot soldiers now due to near-annihilation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by LMAyedun(m): 4:26am On Oct 01, 2014
A very good development.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Ademat7(m): 4:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Samiceman: hello?
what's up?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by yousee(m): 4:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Scrap the scheme, or reduce the age for service to 23yrs. If the NYSC wants to take 4000 from Corp members, it's not rocket science. Like someone said, alawee dey.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by bisi16(m): 4:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Good
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by OLAplusONE(m): 4:38am On Oct 01, 2014
FRSC number plate comes to mind... A country whr laws are not abided..

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by ugoezeik(m): 4:39am On Oct 01, 2014
yokiti: They want to collect their own share of it and nothing more. When the NYSC officials settle them, you will begin to hear another story from our dishonourable legislooters.
What has happened to the suspension of FRSC number plate and drivers license acquisition fee?
What has happened Minister of Interior Abba Moro after the ill- fated Nigeria Immigration service recruitment probe? Instead He was allowed to add another medium of swindling the populace through international passport application address verification fee.
The about the " #2000 Address Verification" fee paid by applicants for Nigerian international passport?
Somebody should please wake me up when they are ready to make their latent intention about this fee suspension manifest.
bro u spk d truth but pls I dnt need to sleep because nobody go fit wake u oooo, as for me? am going to mama nkechi shop
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Samiceman: 4:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Ademat7: what's up?
am good, u? What can u say abt the topic?
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by ugoezeik(m): 4:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Sunnycliff: What of those Who has paid, will there money be reimbursed?
I dnt think so Bro. just see it as d money u gave Cynthia

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Saheed69(m): 5:05am On Oct 01, 2014
God Bless Nigeria

My dear country
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by humphrey1356(m): 5:09am On Oct 01, 2014
buh seriously,....sometimes these lawmakers do save us frm some preposterous policies some awkwardly greedy Nigerians do bring up....
jxt lyk dey did in Sanusi's 5000 naira note...
Kudos 2 dem and
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 YU ALL...!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerians and their penny wise, pounds foolish mentality. I guess it is easier to travel to ones school to collect call up letter than to pay N4,000 online from the comfort of ones home? I thought people should have pushed for reduction in the fee rather than outright suspension or cancellation.

5 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by cashcity: 5:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Thnk GOD i didnt pay. for dos dat paid, pls just put it in prayer or take it as money u normal give to smalli

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' / NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Dead Corpers / Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.