Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Funny Things Only Nigerians Do - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny Things Only Nigerians Do (34227 Views)

10 Things Most Nigerians Do Not Know About Slavery / FACT: Only Nigerians Can Have Full Conversations With Just QUESTIONS. / Life Growing Up As A Kid In Nigeria:- Funny Things You Did, Lets Hear Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by ikevin(m): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by April07: 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
akpanikpe: No. 5 so true, Watching N1500 movie in a cinema wen u can get it for N100 in alaba the next day.

How does this even make sense.?? undecided
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by akpanikpe(m): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
No. 5 so true, Watching N1500 movie in a cinema wen u can get it for N100 in alaba the next day. And buy popcorn and coke wit N100. @ mama sikira shop. grin
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by maynation(f): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Proudly 9ja tongue
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by wiringdpt(m): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
I do not agree with this

Nigerians prefer to rent a house while building another house rather buying a house on mortgage while building another then they wonder why real properties belong only to rich people
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by ugoezeik(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
dis post is one of d best I av eva read for nairaland. so on point
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by ikevin(m): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
No be small thingy o
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by RFella(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
A typical 9ja man will use a question to answer ur own question.....

A typical 9ja man will see u having breakfast and will still ask "bros, are u eating?"

A typical 9ja person will still count the money the atm ejects for him, cos they don't trust machines

A typical 9ja person nor fit carry last for abroad oh...at all at all, na draw match...

#proudly9ja

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hehehe cheesy op must be really embarrassed to be a nigerian right now, the post is not bad tho
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by youngwarlocks: 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by ireneony(f): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
not funny try again later.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by born2boink(m): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeria be like our like "Kiss my dirty nyash with a poo" Oyinbo say" digesting black monkey nyansh"nigeria be like" idiot white banana, I'm gonna eat you..

Nigeria be like OP dey mad

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by MrWhoKnows(m): 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
@ op, i think u hv a point.
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by jvera(f): 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
true tlk
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by tsolz400: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
And this crap made front page? undecided

*spits on the mods face*

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by loifez(f): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
Truth is we need a mind orientation....We won't even realise this until this kinda posts jerk us up from our slumber! Thumbs up OP!!!
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Donsheddy: 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
Booked
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by 360command: 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
agohmamuda: op pls permit me to have this on my blog. Tnks in advance.
sure but make sure you put nairaland as the source and the user who wrote it.
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Decryptor(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
13. Nigerians change the power switch before switching on their gen sets which makes the power go straight to their appliances once the gen comes on and when that damages their appliances or the gen set itself, they begin to blame the witches in their village.

14. Nigerians are the only ones who press "eject" while trying to stop a disc playing on their DVD set rather than pressing "stop" then safely ejecting it.

15. Nigerians are the only ones who while talking to someone over the phone with a handset and the other person is not hearing them properly, they resort to speaking directly to the earpiece of the phone INSTEAD of the mouthpiece. undecided

More to come....

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by buskie13(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
nice one
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Vince77(m): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Number 11
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
I wont comment on this thread
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
TrishaP: I tried to figure out what's funny about all that. #StraightFace

What's this?

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Dejmax(m): 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
op u're xoxo on point cool
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by debosola(f): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nigerians would count money paid to them by the ATM but fail to verify the amount given to them by the cashier at the counter. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by kushfc(m): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
nothing but the truth my man
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by mrmagoo(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
thenairama:

Op is running for president see killer moral for the ending
cheesy yinmu mr president oya go preach your gospel for people sqeezed inside commercial buses in naija's gangsta traffic
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by killzone(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Up Naija
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by Eapps(f): 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
severee: Fela sef talk am say "if you suffer for world na your fault be that” cheesy observe the mentality of a Nigerian

1. When a Nigerian buys a newspaper he goes through the first few pages which cover terrorist attacks,political mayhem and poverty but when he gets to the IPOs and business ads he rips the paper up and wipe his a*ss with it

2. Nigerians use their upfront salary to buy a car ,rent an expensive flat and get married then when money finish, they go Nigerian standard of living sucks

3. When it comes to mingling in Nigeria Yorubas hate igbos ,igbos hate yorubas while Hausas hate them both then later they give the suffer head speech to succeed in Nigeria its who you know

4. Nigerians prefer to rent a house while building another house rather buying a house on mortgage while building another then they wonder why real properties belong only to rich people

5. Nigerians be like I can only take nollywood seriously when their movies start becoming more creative and competitive then half of a yellow sun and October 1st come out and then Nigerians be like mtchew I go come watch Nigerian film for cinema when alaba dey there

6. Nigerians be like Nigerians consume more than they produce Nigeria cant move forward if we import more than we produce then MINDA phones come out and d’banj brings out koko garri and Nigerians be like yeah right like I will risk MINDA phone exploding in my ear and d’banj dey sell garri when e mates dey win grammy

7. Nigerians be like security in the country is very poor what is government doing bla bla but when security announcements or programmes are on tv they be like f*ck this sh*t I’m watching a telemundo

8.Nigerians grumble about how we suck at soccer but then when NPL is on Nigerians be like mtchew EPL wannabe I don’t watch such

9. Nigerians be like I’m tired of the hardship in this country and the solution is to forge account papers and travel papers ,get out of the country then go assume a dead persons identity or contract a bride to fool authorities into granting me citizenship,after all that they begin to wonder why the nation is so corrupt

10. Nigerians be like 70% of Nigerians live in poverty and deprivation how many people can boast of eating three square meals then NGOs/charity organizations come up and Nigerians be like tongue SCAM!

11. Nigerians complain of how dirty and disgusting Nigerian environment looks then they slam dunk a plastic bottle in the middle of the road then take a piss in a nearby gutter and sleep during sanitation days

12. World bank calls Nigerian economy the largest in Africa and Nigerians be like mtchew largest economy where the people survive on less than $5 a day bla bla then they wonder why foreigners(who took advantage of the opportunity) boss them around in their own country

Moral of the story: do your part and appreciate progress even though as you say they are mediocre, sometimes in life it’s the little things that pack the biggest punch.

Happy independence day

long post pretty meaningless though whats your point?
Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by jibbish(m): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Please Friends I need Ur advice.. I am very Hungry right now.. & my sister just finished cooking jollof rice and served me a full plate of the jollof rice, now my problem is that I don't knw if I should Use spoon or fork to eat the rice, I'm confused... Please friends advise me b4
I die of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Only Nigerians Do by ayanbaba2(m): 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
jibbish: Please Friends I need Ur advice.. I am very Hungry right now.. & my sister just finished cooking jollof rice and served me a full plate of the jollof rice, now my problem is that I don't knw if I should Use spoon or fork to eat the rice, I'm confused... Please friends advise me b4
I die of hunger.
...question_4the_witches_and_white_wizards...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State / Kegites Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.