Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) (1919 Views)

Man's Car Falls From Bridge, Survives Fatal Accident After (Photos) / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) by logicboy01: 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
It is bad enough that my fellow atheist, Seun Osewa is silent on the atheist discrimination that goes on on the religion section (to be fair, it has now died down) but now, we have Seun Osewa supporting abuse and religious bigotry.

One thing that is dividing islam and christianity is sectarianism. Different denominations or sects of a religion fighting each other.

I just went to my shared posts and found out that Seun shared this post;

Ayinba1: You have been outed. OR you only see what your eyes choose to see.
Someone murders an innocent being and says it is Islam. You go dig up Hadiths to support the murderers claim when the Quran is very clear about this crime. You are a preacher of violence and you will not succeed in your quest to mislead others
https://www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station/29#26747149

This shared comment is a reply to Usermane. The comment is accusing Usermane of being a preacher of violence and supporting terrorists (ISIL).

To put more nuance and context into this issue, one has to understand that Usermane is a liberal muslim who doesnt take some sunni interpretations while Ayinba1 and many other muslims on the section are conservative muslims. They have been branding Usermane as a fake muslim or a heretic for sometime.....which is very wrong. Sectarianism- "your interpretation of islam is wrong and mine is right".

Furthermore, if you follow the line of argument in the thread, the argument was about "who is responsible for isis and prophecy about isis". Usermane was only saying that
1) Islam (violent interpretations) and the west both are responsible for ISIL
2) That there was no prophecy in the holy books about ISIL.

Yet, we have fellow muslims calling Usermane a preacher of violence. This has been a constant trend of mockery and abuse of Usermane as a "heretic".

For Seun to support this abuse is shameful. Rule number 2.

Also, there is no atheist, christian or pagan here that will describe usermane as violent. Usermane always uses peaceful language, doesnt insult and is very liberal and openminded. In my village, the old men say that "a great man is one whose enemies still praise".

tags; usermane, ayinba1, maclatunji, mukina2, mynd44,
Re: When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) by logicboy01: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
[size=3pt]Please, let no tool come and try to derail this thread by either claiming that I am usermane or that I have not put up evidence for what I have said[/size]
Re: When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) by Seun(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
I just misunderstood what they were saying. Nothing to see here.
Re: When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) by logicboy01: 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Seun: I just misunderstood what they were saying. Nothing to see here.

And you shared it?
Re: When You Fellow Atheist Falls Your Hand (seun Osewa) by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

And you shared it?

Yes, that is what led to the sharing.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1)

A Layer Or A Broiler / It Hurt My Spirit When I See Christains Celebrating Christmas. / Miracle Marriage & Divine Favour Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.