Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 (746 Views)

Six Categories Of Jambite That Gains Admission Into A Public University... / Muslim Students Denied Admission At Oyedepo’s Covenant University / Phd At Noun? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by fineyemi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ex-Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo will today formally enrol as a graduate student at the headquarters of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, in Lagos.
He is returning to the classroom for a higher
degree in Christian Theology. Having obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in 2009,
the Owu-born high chief will now be working
towards a doctorate degree, beginning first with a Masters degree.
According to Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, He is going back to school because it was important for him to make some commitments towards achieving his aspirations in life. In his own words, “I’m going back to school because I need something to aspire to in every endeavour of life”, he explained “I always aspire to something new in my farm. I do that in my international activities. I do it in my writing. I do it in the improvement of my academic
work which helps to sharpen my brain and
strengthen my faith.” On combining his studies with his tight international engagements, the former Nigerian
leader said he would take advantage of the
flexibility of the Open University’s system.
“Fortunately, the Open University is flexible
enough and I will definitely be able to cope. I was able to cope when I did the Post Graduate. I was also busy during the period”, he said. The National Open University was initially established in 1983 but was suspended by the then military government in 1984. Obasanjo resuscitated it in 2001.
In November 2006, a few months to the end of his eight-year tenure, the then president enrolled for a post graduate diploma in Christian Theology at the university. nigerianuniversitynews.com/2014/09/ex-president-obasanjo-gains-admission-at-noun.html
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Good for him.
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by erutoria: 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ok o
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by hatux: 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lol cheesy.. Is this a joke or what?
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by Joy83(m): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
I love that... I believe baba can still become a professor of theology after his PHD. Wishing you the best sir.
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by tochilastborn(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Has price of Agege bread change??.

No.
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by fineyemi(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2014
Joy83: I love that... I believe baba can still become a professor of theology after his PHD. Wishing you the best sir.
@ his age. He should b preparin to leave dis world.
Re: Ex-president Obasanjo Gains Admission At NOUN September 30, 2014 by Joy83(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2014
fineyemi: @ his age. He should b preparin to leave dis world.
Wait and see... More to come!
Support the vision so that it won't happen at your but in your existence...lol

(1) (Reply)

Uniben 39th/40th Convocation Programme Of Events / 25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa! / Gurus In The House Someone Needs You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.