Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting On The Day Of Arafat (498 Views)

Reasons Why The First Day Of The Week, Sunday Is Important To Christians. / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / I Am Very Happy To See This Great Day Of My Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat by cavatte(f): 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
" Fasting on Arafat if it coincides with FridayExplained by Shaykh ibn Baz
Question: The day of Arafat came on Friday, and I fasted on Friday which was theday of Arafat, but I did not fast on Thursday; so is there any sin upon me?

Shaykh bin Baz: We hope there is no sin upon you. This is because you did notintend to single out this day for fasting; rather you only fasted this day because itwas the day of Arafat. But if you would have fasted Thursday along with it, it would have been safer and less doubtful. 

This is because the Messenger  prohibited singling out Friday for fasting as it relates to the one observing and optional fast. And you wereobserving an optional fast. Therefore if you would have fasted Thursday along with it, with would have been safer and less doubtful even if your intention was to fast because it was Arafat. But for the believer to investigate so he can be in agreement with the commands of the Prophet  is safer and less
doubtful. As for fasting (Friday) intending to do so because it is a virtuous day,then this is not permissible because the Messenger prohibited that. But if you fast this day because it is the day of Arafat then we hope there will be nothing upon you. But if the person takes precaution and fast on Thursday along with Friday,this will be safer. 

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee
http://mtws.posthaven.com/fasting-on-arafat-if-it-coincides-with-friday-explained-by-shaykh-ibn-baz "

(1) (Reply)

Wake Up Call To SLEEPING Christians / What Is Love As Defined By The Bible? / /.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.