Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. (3480 Views)

Say The Truth: Do You Conduct Soil Test B4 Farming? / Best And Stress Free Soil Testing / 'KING HUMUS PLUS' Is A Soil Conditioner And Plant Growth Stimulant For All Crops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by phaat(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Childhood best friends muniruand ambali are teaching farmers a technique that may sound like the stuff of science fiction — growing crops without the use of soil and making a tidy sum out of it.

After a series of boring jobs and failed businesses the 26-year old college of agric,mokwa niger states tried to rear pigs early last year but the venture proved too expensive for the fresh graduates.

“We just wanted to keep a few pigs and see how it goes,” says' ambali“but our biggest problem was the cost of feeding them. That was when my best friend Sam suggested that we grow our own fodder using a rare technology known as hydroponics”.

Hydroponics is the process of growing crops without the use of soil.

The technique avoids soil to speed up growth while avoiding plant diseases.

“What grows normally on soil for 21 days can take only six days if grown using the hydroponics technology,” says Mbugua.

You can grow pretty much anything using this soil-less method, but ambali decided to grow livestock fodder because it not only saves space and time, but it is also cost-effective in production process

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
so what is hydroponics tech?
Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by Pavore9: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
mercylicious: so what is hydroponics tech?
View a short video of it at http://koboideas..com/
Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by baba11(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2014
following...
Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by baba11(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Pavore9: View a short video of it at http://koboideas..com/
I have gone through your blog and I found it very worthy to be visiting,why can't you provide social media links and update it regularly?
Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by Pavore9: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
baba11: I have gone through your blog and I found it very worthy to be visiting,why can't you provide social media links and update it regularly?
Thanks for visiting the blog. l will make time to update it regularly, it is just that am busy moving around the East African region but thanks for the comment.
Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by baba11(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Pavore9: Thanks for visiting the blog. l will make time to update it regularly, it is just that am busy moving around the East African region but thanks for the comment.
You are welcome
Re: How To Make Money With Soil-less Farming. by rareman(m): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
@pavore9 please what are the technique used to grow the fodder, I washed the video but I to know the fertiliser used on those fodder thank you

(1) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria And Their Owners. / Battery Cage A Prerequisite For Modern Poultry Farming / Do You Know This Plant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.