Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? (2472 Views)

Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / Ihedioha Allegedly Pays Secret Visit To Okorocha; Pleads For Soft Landing (pic) / 'Leave Abia State Alone'- Abia Special Adviser To Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
The recent discovery by residents of Imo State that the much acclaimed 365 prototype schools being built across the state by the Owelle Rochas Okorocha government have Universal Basic Education, UBE inscription on them has raised uproar and doubt about the earlier statements of the governor concerning the Rescue Mission project.
Governor Okorocha has not ceased to publicly announce and inform Imolites that the privatization of state-owned down stream sector and multi million naira Adapalm oil settlement to an Irish company named Roche has yielded enormous dividends to the state. According to Okorocha who spoke during several addresses to the people especially annual budget presentations reportedly claimed that Imo state government realized the sum of N3bn from concession of Adapalm
Further details however from the verbal claims of the governor indicated that the amount was being used for the construction of Roche-type of classroom blocks in each of the 306 INEC wards in Imo state. The fashionable Roche-type of Classroom is a pre-cast building government sited on roads for public eyes. Even as the process of selling Adapalm public firm was shrouded in secrecy with suspected under-the-table-practices, until Gov Okorocha opened up.
While Roche undertook the building of the classy city schools on Whetheral Road formerly known as Township Primary School, other school projects started across the state still remain unfinished. However, midway the Roche-type precast school blocks stopped and gave way to normal building handled by private contractors. The change of guard in handling of the projects and differences sent alarming signals about the sincerely of the Okorocha’s Rescue Government. As residents of the state were confused about the change of guard handling the school projects, indications that state governments’ claim of building the school blocks from Roche payment through leasing Adapalm could be a ruse manifested when UBE inscriptions appeared on the walls of the pre-cast buildings scattered across the state.
Our correspondents who engaged in monitoring of the projects noted the trademark of UBE on the walls thereby doubting the earlier claims of governor Okorocha who told Imolites that the cost of the building was borne by the money realized from allowing Roche cater for Adapalm.
Trumpeta learnt that the UBE trademark has to be stamped by the state government to avoid sanctions from the federal government education body who threatened to withdraw from related fundings the state had enjoyed earlier. It was even gathered that agents of the government responsible for handling the project were at the verge of being arrested by anti-graft bodies over mismanagement of UBEC funds made available to the state since Okorocha came into power.
The outgoing Commissioner of Finance of Imo state, Deacon Chike Okafor who has been a regular visitor to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC office, Abuja to explain issues concerning Imo financial situation once told newsman that part of the monies the Ohakim administration left in office was channeled into free education. It would be recalled that Ohakim had publicly disclosed that he left not less than N3bn in the state’s UBEC treasurer.
The recent discovery that the acclaimed Roche-type pre cast project is UBEC money from federal government and not proceeds from the privatization has elicited reaction from the general public.
A teacher in one of the public primary schools who refused to disclose his identity observed that the latest development is in contrast with the claims of the governor adding that Okorocha should publicly tell Imolites where the money he claimed to have been realized from Adapalm sale went to when UBEC, a federal government agency has claimed ownership.

CONTINUES BELOW.
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Majority of Imolites who spoke to Trumpeta especially civil servants at the state secretariat on Port Harcourt road opined that the inscription of UBE on the Roche-type school projects has rubbished Okorocha’s claim of using Adapalm money to finance the projects. The workers demanded for further explanation on how much was realized and how it was spent if the governor deserves moral right to speak to Ndi Imo on his most cherished free education. They however added that Ohakim’s claim of leaving billions of naira in office which Okorocha government inherited is a fact after all.
Imo workers expressed regret that while there are deductions from their monthly salaries to prosecute the free education, the governor keeps claiming that the sale of Adapalm to Roche for a number of years yielded dividend used in bankrolling free education including the remnants of the Bond Ohakim said he left in Imo Coffers.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=12848
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Longeria(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
Always be careful of an arrogant giver, I know that the so called free education in Imo state is a serious fraud. How do expect a civil servant state like Imo to get money to sustain a 100% free education, something richer states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers state and Lagos States can't afford.

Weta isi bia were isi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by ikweremilitant: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Majority of Imolites who spoke to Trumpeta especially civil servants at the state secretariat on Port Harcourt road opined that the inscription of UBE on the Roche-type school projects has rubbished Okorocha’s claim of using Adapalm money to finance the projects. The workers demanded for further explanation on how much was realized and how it was spent if the governor deserves moral right to speak to Ndi Imo on his most cherished free education. They however added that Ohakim’s claim of leaving billions of naira in office which Okorocha government inherited is a fact after all.
Imo workers expressed regret that while there are deductions from their monthly salaries to prosecute the free education, the governor keeps claiming that the sale of Adapalm to Roche for a number of years yielded dividend used in bankrolling free education including the remnants of the Bond Ohakim said he left in Imo Coffers.

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=12848
rochas aaaa, rochas aaa, rochas will kill imo state o,rochas wil kill imo state ooo... Rochas diris God o, diris God o,diris God ooo

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by mperoakeem(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
*in gej tone* no money is missing.,
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
ikweremilitant: rochas aaaa, rochas aaa, rochas will kill imo state o,rochas wil kill imo state ooo... Rochas diris God o, diris God o,diris God ooo
The situation is terrible, it may interest you to know that only Imo State under Okorocha is the only state banned by Central Bank of nigeria not to take further loan. In fact, it will take Imo people 30 years repay the loans he has already. Even though I hate Sanusi, I hail him for saving stealing hands of Okorocha.

3 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
mperoakeem: *in gej tone* no money is missing.,
This is not a matter of missing money, but a stolen money. How can a governor take credit for federal government projects just to cover his loot.
What a progressive looting.

4 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by valicious1(m): 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
I de come
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Rochas must go their is no place for him to hide
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 12:38am On Oct 01, 2014
dazey: Rochas must go their is no place for him to hide
Let him bring out the 3 billion naira first.
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 01, 2014
PhockPhockMan: The recent discovery by residents of Imo State that the much acclaimed 365 prototype schools being built across the state by the Owelle Rochas Okorocha government have Universal Basic Education, UBE inscription on them has raised uproar and doubt about the earlier statements of the governor concerning the Rescue Mission project.
Governor Okorocha has not ceased to publicly announce and inform Imolites that the privatization of state-owned down stream sector and multi million naira Adapalm oil settlement to an Irish company named Roche has yielded enormous dividends to the state. According to Okorocha who spoke during several addresses to the people especially annual budget presentations reportedly claimed that Imo state government realized the sum of N3bn from concession of Adapalm
Further details however from the verbal claims of the governor indicated that the amount was being used for the construction of Roche-type of classroom blocks in each of the 306 INEC wards in Imo state. The fashionable Roche-type of Classroom is a pre-cast building government sited on roads for public eyes. Even as the process of selling Adapalm public firm was shrouded in secrecy with suspected under-the-table-practices, until Gov Okorocha opened up.
While Roche undertook the building of the classy city schools on Whetheral Road formerly known as Township Primary School, other school projects started across the state still remain unfinished. However, midway the Roche-type precast school blocks stopped and gave way to normal building handled by private contractors. The change of guard in handling of the projects and differences sent alarming signals about the sincerely of the Okorocha’s Rescue Government. As residents of the state were confused about the change of guard handling the school projects, indications that state governments’ claim of building the school blocks from Roche payment through leasing Adapalm could be a ruse manifested when UBE inscriptions appeared on the walls of the pre-cast buildings scattered across the state.
Our correspondents who engaged in monitoring of the projects noted the trademark of UBE on the walls thereby doubting the earlier claims of governor Okorocha who told Imolites that the cost of the building was borne by the money realized from allowing Roche cater for Adapalm.
Trumpeta learnt that the UBE trademark has to be stamped by the state government to avoid sanctions from the federal government education body who threatened to withdraw from related fundings the state had enjoyed earlier. It was even gathered that agents of the government responsible for handling the project were at the verge of being arrested by anti-graft bodies over mismanagement of UBEC funds made available to the state since Okorocha came into power.
The outgoing Commissioner of Finance of Imo state, Deacon Chike Okafor who has been a regular visitor to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC office, Abuja to explain issues concerning Imo financial situation once told newsman that part of the monies the Ohakim administration left in office was channeled into free education. It would be recalled that Ohakim had publicly disclosed that he left not less than N3bn in the state’s UBEC treasurer.
The recent discovery that the acclaimed Roche-type pre cast project is UBEC money from federal government and not proceeds from the privatization has elicited reaction from the general public.
A teacher in one of the public primary schools who refused to disclose his identity observed that the latest development is in contrast with the claims of the governor adding that Okorocha should publicly tell Imolites where the money he claimed to have been realized from Adapalm sale went to when UBEC, a federal government agency has claimed ownership.

CONTINUES BELOW.
ol at rochas being the first governor in nigeria
to be hated for doing too much. I'm glad the
best governor in Nigeria is in my state. I've
heard nothing but positive reviews from people
on the ground

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 01, 2014
PhockPhockMan: The situation is terrible, it may interest you to know that only Imo State under Okorocha is the only state banned by Central Bank of nigeria not to take further loan. In fact, it will take Imo people 30 years repay the loans he has already. Even though I hate Sanusi, I hail him for saving stealing hands of Okorocha.
^^^It's a pity Rochas doesn't have the kind of
budget the likes of Amaechi and Akpabio have
to work with. I'm sure if he did, his
achievements would have been much more
than we are presently seeing.
Borrowing is not necessarily a bad thing
provided the money is used for its main
purpose, and positions the state on a sound
industrial and socio-economic footing. The
future revenue from such projects and the
multiplier effect of having a happy, contented,
employed and prosperous people means the
loan would have been worthwhile after it's
finally paid off.
Another good thing about a loan that is
properly serviced and repaid on time is that it
improves the credit rating of the state/country
concerned.
I'm aware Ohakim borrowed money, but can
anyone point to any completed/world-class
project said money was used for (elitist projects
like the Gov't House etc, don't count i'm afraid).

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 2:25am On Oct 01, 2014
profjustine458:
finally paid off.
concerned.
Your signature suggest you're not at home, so no need arguing with you.

4 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Roachas is a fraud to the imolites..
I'm sure he's not worried abt running again..
He's destroyed his political career..

3 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by eaglechild: 4:45am On Oct 01, 2014
profjustine458:
finally paid off.
concerned.
Hmmm!
You are not in tune with the present ongoings in the state.

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Plshavmercyamen: 6:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Trumpeta as your source? Ohakim left 3bn? Where did he leave the 3bn? And why is there no pix of the schools with UBEC stamps in the article abi report? The truth of the matter is that the wicked propaganda being peddled online and by some sponsored print media against Rochas and my state is in sharp contrast from what is on ground. Thank God the real voters are in Imo state and objective Imolites will come bk for xmas to see for themselves the good work going on in Imo state. Rochas I know! Udo diri unu

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by chimerase2: 7:08am On Oct 01, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Aegon(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2014
Plshavmercyamen: Trumpeta as your source? Ohakim left 3bn? Where did he leave the 3bn? And why is there no pix of the schools with UBEC stamps in the article abi report? The truth of the matter is that the wicked propaganda being peddled online and by some sponsored print media against Rochas and my state is in sharp contrast from what is on ground. Thank God the real voters are in Imo state and objective Imolites will come bk for xmas to see for themselves the good work going on in Imo state. Rochas I know! Udo diri unu
They will come back to see the UBEC stamps on all the 'free education projects' and please provide the pix to substantiate your claim to the contrary.

Mind you the the real voters are the people living in IMO right now.

2 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2014
Plshavmercyamen: Trumpeta as your source? Ohakim left 3bn? Where did he leave the 3bn? And why is there no pix of the schools with UBEC stamps in the article abi report? The truth of the matter is that the wicked propaganda being peddled online and by some sponsored print media against Rochas and my state is in sharp contrast from what is on ground. Thank God the real voters are in Imo state and objective Imolites will come bk for xmas to see for themselves the good work going on in Imo state. Rochas I know! Udo diri unu
Thanks my bro! don't mind enemies of progress in dis forum.

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 01, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: Roachas is a fraud to the imolites..
I'm sure he's not worried abt running again..
He's destroyed his political career..
The PDP has blocked all your senses that you
cannot reason logically

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by dridowu: 8:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Longeria: Always be careful of an arrogant giver, I know that the so called free education in Imo state is a serious fraud. How do expect a civil servant state like Imo to get money to sustain a 100% free education, something richer states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers state and Lagos States can't afford.

Weta isi bia were isi.
I don't know how corruption free is Imo state but i believe that the poorest state in Nigeria can sustain free education in all levels IF they are 100% corruption free.

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2014
okoroacha is a great deciever of d masses.we all know that

3 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by clem305D(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2014
ala dilikwalu gi...mumu. People like you sleep while your home is on fire.
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by clem305D(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2014
and the 'no party syndrome' has so beclouded your reasoning that you are so blind to see that its a case of 'weta isi bia welu isi'...our money is going n you are there shouting free education.
profjustine458: The PDP has blocked all your senses that you
cannot reason logically
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by FrankC3: 8:56am On Oct 01, 2014
dridowu: I don't know how corruption free is Imo state but i believe that the poorest state in Nigeria can sustain free education in all levels IF they are 100% corruption free.

I am tempted to ask at the expense of what? Actually, not many states in Nigeria can afford free education up to tertiary level even without corruption without experiencing huge fiscal dislocation. That dislocation means that some other programs will be impacted, that's why I ask at the expense of what.

Education could be subsidized at primary level as it is done in other serious countries, but not made free. For tertiary education, folks should be able to access loans that they will pay back. It think they call it student loans in some countries. I personally do not believe that any thing is free. Even on our streets, free drink is not really free. Only uncreayive and lazy government leadership talks about free primary to tertiary education, sef even add free feeding to the package.

3 Likes

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by clem305D(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2014
One thing I know is that you should be very careful with very loud people...People like Rochas could be very deadly..njo offense tho; but I just despise people who show off a lot and Rochas has proved to be one of such. Riding a bicycle on his birthday, roasting corn by the road side, stopping by the road to carry children...in heavens name, who does that in reality. Common "my people my people" shine your eyes before 'our money our money' goes into 'his pocket his pocket'
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by dan55: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Onyegecha(f): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2014

You are the one that is not on ground. It's either you are a paid agent or one of the hypnotized Imolites who have been charmed by the man's sweet talks into believing without seeing anything on ground. We now know better and Rochas is history in Imo politics.
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by abagoro(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Longeria: Always be careful of an arrogant giver, I know that the so called free education in Imo state is a serious fraud. How do expect a civil servant state like Imo to get money to sustain a 100% free education, something richer states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers state and Lagos States can't afford.

Weta isi bia were isi.

That is why I insist Okorocha is by far the best Governor. Nobody comes close. Apart from free education which when calculated consumes a large chunk from State's allocation, he is constructing so many roads at the same time and bringing innovations to governance like never before. The people on ground in Imo State are ready to fight to death to retain him in 2015 while some paid puppets are busy lying and showing fake pictures as well as sharing false information because they believe what Okorocha has done is a miracle.

As for that "unintelligent" original poster, he should divide 3billion by 305 and realize that more of State's allocation is needed to complete the 305 schools. Owerri city school alone should gulp more than 500million, what about the other 304?

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Longeria(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
abagoro:

That is why I insist Okorocha is by far the best Governor. Nobody comes close. Apart from free education which when calculated consumes a large chunk from State's allocation, he is constructing so many roads at the same time and bringing innovations to governance like never before. The people on ground in Imo State are ready to fight to death to retain him in 2015 while some paid puppets are busy lying and showing fake pictures as well as sharing false information because they believe what Okorocha has done is a miracle.

As for that "unintelligent" original poster, he should divide 3billion by 305 and realize that more of State's allocation is needed to complete the 305 schools. Owerri city school alone should gulp more than 500million, what about the other 304?
Crap as usual, where did the OP go wrong? Did he manufacture the story? Was there no link? The news is how he fooled Imolites that the so called precast school blocks you're boasting of is actually a federal government UBE Projects, which indicated the high level criminality under the watchful eye of Okorocha.
To bad.

1 Like

Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by Longeria(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2014
It's unfortunate that you decided to act blind, is there no source in this thread?
Go there you will see the photo of the Okorocha’s school with UBE inscriptions. Udo diri gi.
Re: IMOLITES TO OKOROCHA ; Where Is 3 Billion Naira Roche Paid For Adapalm? by PhockPhockMan: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
eaglechild:
Hmmm!
You are not in tune with the present ongoings in the state.
Don't mind her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Surprising Things A Flight Attendant Can't Do For You / Terrorism: Blame the EXTREMISTS not RELIGION - (My research and Opinion) / Why Do Nigerians Think That Nigeria Is A Rich Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.