Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill (1130 Views)

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / ''thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Graven Image'' And The Church / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
Help me out here Those soldiers killing members of the boko haram sect are killers too.... Is there a place for killers in heaven
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
I'm confused HEEEEEELLLLP a brother out
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Does God commanding it make it ok
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by oluwalfa: 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
yes
no
i don't know
ask google
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by iamsegsy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
God didn't order any soldiers to kill cuz he was not the one who caused the war rather we are the one who caused the war......God does not cherish the death of sinners,he wants them to come to repentance.
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
iamsegsy post=/post/26760161:
God didn't order any soldiers to kill cuz he was not the one who caused the war rather we are the one who caused the war......God does not cherish the death of sinners,he wants them to come to repentance.
Have you read the Old Testament shocked
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
The ten commandments, from which your question was derived is intended to guide the conduct of men not God. God is our creator and reserves the right to do whatever He wills with His creatures.

The law against killing is only restricted to murder. Not every killing done by soldiers is murder.
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Liveair: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
striktlymi: The ten commandments, from which your question was derived is intended to guide the conduct of men not God. God is our creator and reserves the right to do whatever He wills with His creatures.

The law against killing is only restricted to murder. Not every killing done by soldiers is murder.

Very very useless post.
So your God can't even lead by example!

1 Like

Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Weah96: 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
striktlymi: The ten commandments, from which your question was derived is intended to guide the conduct of men not God. God is our creator and reserves the right to do whatever He wills with His creatures.

You're treading in dangerous waters here Sir, Boko Haram territory.

God is invisible. He only speaks through OTHER HUMAN beings.

If God is above the law, and orders a man to slaughter a family, that man should be granted an automatic immunity from prosecution.

Do you want to go down that road?
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Weah96:

You're treading in dangerous waters here Sir, Boko Haram territory.

God is invisible. He only speaks through OTHER HUMAN beings.

If God is above the law, and orders a man to slaughter a family, that man should be granted an automatic immunity from prosecution.

Do you want to go down that road?

undecided
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by macof(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2014

Such dumb statement.

ur God has no power of speech, can't show himself to make his will known
All that is known about ur god is what men say
So a man comes on rapes your sister and kills your father and says God told him to do so, he should be left unprosecuted on that ground?
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by finofaya: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2014

Would you say that God is good?

1 Like

Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
finofaya:

Would you say that God is good?

What is 'good'?
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by finofaya: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
striktlymi:
What is 'good'?

If you do not agree with my idea of good, you would have to provide yours. But since you have one, why not just use it to answer the question? We can try to decide what good is afterwards.
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by onetrack(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
If God didn't like death then why would he make humans in such a way that they are guaranteed to die?
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Joagbaje(m): 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
IamTitanium: Help me out here Those soldiers killing members of the boko haram sect are killers too.... Is there a place for killers in heaven

The Nigerian law says nit to kill also but the law sentences one to death. If you want a honest answer. It's simple. There's difference between murder and execution. One is a crime the other is justice.

1 Like

Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 04, 2014
How about those he told to kill in the bible......I can cite examples if u want
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 04, 2014
finofaya:

If you do not agree with my idea of good, you would have to provide yours. But since you have one, why not just use it to answer the question? We can try to decide what good is afterwards.

If I do not agree with your idea of good? undecided

How can I agree or disagree with what I do not know?
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 04, 2014

God bless u
Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Weah96: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
onetrack:
If God didn't like death then why would he make humans in such a way that they are guaranteed to die?

Maybe he didn't make anything. If he had, then I believe that he would have told you and me without sending verbal messages through illiterate human beings.

God doesn't speak. He speaks only through human oracles, who then use their own voices to relay the message. They don't even have the decency to trick you with a ventriloquist device or something.

1 Like

Re: God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill by Weah96: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Joagbaje:

The Nigerian law says nit to kill also but the law sentences one to death. If you want a honest answer. It's simple. There's difference between murder and execution. One is a crime the other is justice.

I don't mean to get off track, but of what use is Nigerian law if you know that God exists?

Maybe you're not sure, because to know that God is a real person, and yet submit yourself to laws that could potentially disagree with biblical teachings is treachery.

That's why Muslims have sharia law and Muslim countries often impose it. They really believe that Allah is real, so his laws are their laws. Makes sense to me.

Of course, they have shown no more evidence for Allah than Christians have for Jesus, but I'm just saying.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Turns Born Again: Deeper Life Church Member Confesses Sins / Why Did God Save My Soul But He Did Not To Others? / Pls I Need The Title And Artist Of This Gospel Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.