Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity (1850 Views)

For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity / Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
Recently a lot of Nollywood famous stars have dumped Christianity for Islam. Each one of them had his/her own reason to do so.

1. Liz Da Silva

Liz Da Silva

This Nollywood actress was dating Christian, MC Oluomo, but later she left him for a younger Muslim man Olaoye. They got married and have a baby boy.

Because of son, who was named Roheem, she changed her religion. She converted to Islam and adopted the Muslim name Aishat.

2. Laide Bakare

Laide Bakare

After this Nollywood star divorced her Christian husband, she met a rich man from Lagos. His name is Alhaji Tunde Orilowo aka ATM. Because of the union, she converted to Islam and joined his fleet of wives.

READ MORE: “Why I Converted To Islam” – Former Nollywood Actress Speaks Out
www.naij.com/55023.html

3. Moji Olaiya

Moji Olaiya

She has Christian parents, her father is a famous Nigerian singer Victor Olaiya. But due to family troubles, she left her husband and three children and then converted into Islam. She states that Islam gives her more power and inner calm. She commented about the decision in one of her interviews:

“Honestly, Islam is a peaceful religion. The aspect I love most is that you don’t need any pastor to get closer to God. You don’t really need anybody to pray for you. You can always pray on your own and Almighty Allah will answer your prayer without any intermediary. I have been doing that since I became a Muslim and it has always worked for me.”

4. Lizzy Anjorin

Lizzy Anjorin

Lizzy is a popular Yoruba actress. She was born in a Christian family. Soon after she traveled to Mecca for Hajj, she insisted to critics that she has always been a Muslim because her mother is a Muslim as well.

However, rumors claimed that her conversion was made because of her new date, an Alhaji – a big boss from Lagos.

READ MORE: Why I Converted To Islam – Actress, Liz Anjorin
www.naij.com/52728.html

She said on her conversion:
“Actually, my conversion to Islam is not new, it’s only that people were not aware. I have been a Muslim for long. I even have pictures to support that. Although my name is Elizabeth, which is the Christian name my dad gave me because he was a Christian.

“Then, I also have a Muslim name, Aishat, given to me by my mother, who was a Muslim. Also, some from my mother’s family members also named me Sekinat. Even my daughter’s name is Rufaidat. So, I grew with the two religions. And being the only child of my parents, I was given so many names,
including Egandogo, Omosolape, Akanke. My Badagry name is Yenukunmun, meaning Isoju ota ni nse maa se rere (I will excel in the presence of my enemies).”

5. Vivian Metchie aka Fareedah

Vivian Metchie

This gorgeous Nollywood star was born to Catholic father and a Deeper Life Mother. Then she married a man who was a member of the Redeemed Church.

Due to religious confusion, Vivian left Christianity and converted to Islam.
She has once confessed: “It is a personal decision. I understand the Koran more than the Bible… I was probably looking for peace. Yeah! That was what I was looking for and I found it in the Koran.”
www.naij.com/298419-5-nollywood-stars-rejected-jesus-christ.html?pk_campaign=star_jesus

Welcome on Board.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by rawpadgin(m): 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
who care
they ain't even popular

5 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
rawpadgin: who care
they ain't even popular

Oh you are more popular than them dude? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by AbdH: 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
More people are actually leaving Christianity but a chunk of those people become atheists because Christianity makes them lose their belief in a divine being.
The other fraction become Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Macelliot(m): 1:04am On Oct 02, 2014
AlBaqir:
Rilwayne001 Empiree Lanrexlan
AbdH: More people are actually leaving Christianity but a chunk of those people become atheists because Christianity makes them lose their belief in a divine being.
Take a Look at this thread created by a Satanists..
Another name for Satan in the Bible is Lucifer...
If Christianity is fake, why do Satanists hate the religion so much?
This thread will actually make you realise that satanists hates Christians so much... They hate the Christian God. Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.... Mocking Christians and Jesus Christ, calling them the followers of a dead Jewish Man.
I also recommends the post of the Only brave muslim woman who showed up on the thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1911126/dedicate-yourself-satan

Don't go through the creeds of the satanist, if you don't have the Holy Spirit to resist the enchanment....
Satanists are seriously at war with Christians.....
I posted this to make u guys know that Christians aren't fake or a fake religion created by Paul. Christianity is Real. Satanists are trying to make it look bad...
Don't recite the creeds in the first post if you guys are really strong enough to battle the Spiritual wars Christians are battling with Satanists....

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Macelliot(m): 1:08am On Oct 02, 2014
AbdH: More people are actually leaving Christianity but a chunk of those people become atheists because Christianity makes them lose their belief in a divine being.
Not Christianity makes them lose their faith. It's the satan.
Satan hates Christians more than Muslims because of Jesus Christ.
Satan hates all the childrens(Christians & Muslims) of God. God Almighty will save us all from the snares of the Evil ones. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Empiree: 4:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot:
Satan hates Christians more than Muslims
because of Jesus Christ.
Why is that?
Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Empiree: 4:57am On Oct 02, 2014
In addition, you forgot to add 'Sound Sultan''s wife Chichi Morah who was a Christian and who is from the Igbo ethnic group. She has since converted to Islam after getting married and adopted the Islamic name “Farida”.
http://naijagists.com/photo-sound-sultan-wife-mark-5th-wedding-anniversary/

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Rilwayne001: 6:03am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot:

Take a Look at this thread created by a Satanists..
Another name for Satan in the Bible is Lucifer...
If Christianity is fake, why do Satanists hate the religion so much?
This thread will actually make you realise that satanists hates Christians so much... They hate the Christian God. Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.... Mocking Christians and Jesus Christ, calling them the followers of a dead Jewish Man.
I also recommends the post of the Only brave muslim woman who showed up on the thread...

Don't go through the creeds of the satanist, if you don't have the Holy Spirit to resist the enchanment....
Satanists are seriously at war with Christians.....
I posted this to make u guys know that Christians aren't fake or a fake religion created by Paul. Christianity is Real. Satanists are trying to make it look bad...

Don't recite the creeds in the first post if you guys are really strong enough to battle the Spiritual wars Christians are battling with Satanists....

If that is your point to prove xtianity as a true religion, then what will you say of islam?

upon all these gruesome acts of ISIs, Bh and other radical
muslims. Do you even know that America created alqaeda?
Do you know that America empower ISIS to the stage they are today?

everyone knows that the west are hell bent in deatabilizing islam. Why that? If to you and the west islam is fake, why dont you leave them and stop painting them black?

For centuries there is noting like muslim terrorist until US created Alqaeda.

You dont seem to know what you say atimes

3 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Rilwayne001: 7:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot:
Satan hates Christians more than Muslims because of Jesus Christ.

What you don't seem to understand is that, the bible is the basis of which rhe atheist ans satanists attack you xtian everytime. No sane person will read the bible and accept all that is inside it as word of God almighty.

Only honest xtian will admit that it is full of contradictions and lies. Take a look at NL core xtian members like francistny and frossbel, they admit the bible is not the infalliable word of God since it contain comtradiction and lies.

Most of those atheist we have today are once a xtian, but reading the bible changed there view of God, for example:

Richard Dawkins
It's a horrible idea that God, this paragon of wisdom and knowledge, power, couldn't think of a better way to forgive us our sins than to come down to Earth in his alter ego as his son and have himself hideously tortured and executed so that he
could forgive himself.

Christopher Hitchens
The worthless idea that someone, an ignorant at that can be sacrificed on my behalf, without my consent, to atone for some made up "sin" which I had no part in committing and for which I was "condemned" without my side of the story before I was born, is utterly repugnant to me.

an so on like that, no sane person will read that someone was killed for a sin you did'nt commit. No sane person will accept that God cannot forgive you without coming down to be killed.

As far as the bible is concerned atheist will continue to win on the your section.. because dere is no explanation you can give to explain the above 2points.

Thank God francis and frossbel said the truth https://www.nairaland.com/1839178/problems-biblical-inerrancy
Other gullible xtians like you would lie that without holy spirit you can't understand the bible.
What holy spirit are we talking about?

Back then when i argue a lot with francis he would say i dont have the holy spirit therefore i cant understand the bible.
I wonder where the said holy spirit is

Let me tell you the truth if i was born a xtian, i would have turn atheist with the way those atheist bash you and your bible. Not that they are anti-christ but they are saying the truth.

have a nice day grin grin

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Macelliot(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:

What you don't seem to understand is that, the bible is the basis of which rhe atheist ans satanists attack you xtian everytime. No sane person will read the bible and accept all that is inside it as word of God almighty.

Only honest xtian will admit that it is full of contradictions and lies. Take a look at NL core xtian members like francistny and frossbel, they admit the bible is not the infalliable word of God since it contain comtradiction and lies.

Most of those atheist we have today are once a xtian, but reading the bible changed there view of God, for example:

Richard Dawkins
It's a horrible idea that God, this paragon of wisdom and knowledge, power, couldn't think of a better way to forgive us our sins than to come down to Earth in his alter ego as his son and have himself hideously tortured and executed so that he
could forgive himself.

Christopher Hitchens
The worthless idea that someone, an ignorant at that can be sacrificed on my behalf, without my consent, to atone for some made up "sin" which I had no part in committing and for which I was "condemned" without my side of the story before I was born, is utterly repugnant to me.

an so on like that, no sane person will read that someone was killed for a sin you did'nt commit. No sane person will accept that God cannot forgive you without coming down to be killed.

As far as the bible is concerned atheist will continue to win on the your section.. because dere is no explanation you can give to explain the above 2points.

Thank God francis and frossbel said the truth https://www.nairaland.com/1839178/problems-biblical-inerrancy
Other gullible xtians like you would lie that without holy spirit you can't understand the bible.

Back then when i argue a lot with francis he would say i dont have the holy spirit therefore i cant understand the bible.

Let me tell you the truth if i was born a xtian, i would have turn atheist with the way those atheist bash you and your bible. Not that they are anti-christ but they are saying the truth.

have a nice day grin grin
You are totally gullible....
You used Frosbel as reference... Frosbel denied the existence of Hell... Pls, do ur Quran denies the existence....
@bolded.
I say it again, You are totally gullible.
What a fallacy!
Not that they are anti-christ but they are saying the truth.
so Atheists are saying the truth by denying the existence of God Almighty?
Denying the existence of Paradise(afterlife)...

So they are telling the truth by terming Muhammad as a "paedophile."
I never knew the meaning of this word until I kept seeing the word being used continuously when reffering to Prophet Muhammad....
May God help you. You need medication....

2 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Macelliot(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:

If that is your point to prove xtianity as a true religion, then what will you say of islam?

upon all these gruesome acts of ISIs, Bh and other radical
muslims. Do you even know that America created alqaeda?
Do you know that America empower ISIS to the stage they are today?

everyone knows that the west are hell bent in deatabilizing islam. Why that? If to you and the west islam is fake, why dont you leave them and stop painting them black?

For centuries there is noting like muslim terrorist until US created Alqaeda.

You dont seem to know what you say atimes
What of the Othoman empire?
America created Al-qaeda, but Al-qaeda killed 2996 americans at 9/11 attack....
Al-qaeda leader, Osama was an Arab, born into a wealthy family in Saudi, studied at King Abdul azeez University. Influenced by a Pakistanian named Abdulmumeen. With the goal to fight the enemies of Islam...
I wonder why muslims never blames themselves for what they did, rather they either blames the west or Christians....
When US killed Osama bin laden, Why did saudi Arabians Citizen started protesting and burning American Flag?
Why did ur Ignoramus, Gullible brothers in Kano started, attacking and burning down Churches and also killing Christians when they were Protesting.
With this type of ur Sentiment. Islam is will still be an Umbrella for Terrorism, inhumane acts and Violence...
Shallom!!!

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Macelliot(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Empiree: Why is that?
Satanist like to interfere in Christians affairs more than Muslims....
Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Rilwayne001: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot:
You are totally gullible....
You used Frosbel as reference... Frosbel denied the existence of Hell... Pls, do ur Quran denies the existence....
LOL

Is'nt frosbel a christian again?

Didnt he claim that he is been directed by holy spirit?

Macelliot: @bolded.
[s] I say it again, You are totally gullible. [/s]
What a fallacy!
Not that they are anti-christ but they are saying the truth.
so Atheists are saying the truth by denying the existence of God Almighty?
Denying the existence of Paradise(afterlife)...

So they are telling the truth by terming Muhammad as a "paedophile."
I never knew the meaning of this word until I kept seeing the word being used continuously when reffering to Prophet Muhammad....
May God help you. You need medication....

Shut up!

You are sick in the head for quoting me out of context undecided
I never said they are saying the truth for bashing God and his prophets, what i said is that they are saying the truth about the absurdity in the bible and your fallacious claim.

Rilwayne001: Let me tell you the truth if i was born a xtian, i would have turn atheist with the way those atheist bash you and your bible . Not that they are anti-christ but they are saying the truth.

again here are atheist that are once a christian.

Richard Dawkins
It's a horrible idea that God, this paragon of wisdom and knowledge, power, couldn't think of a better way to forgive us our sins than to come down to Earth in his alter ego as his son and have himself hideously tortured and executed so that he could forgive himself.

Christopher Hitchens

Did'nt you believe in the above ^^ truly?

Can you clearly explain them to us here?

am waiting Mr. gulliible undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Rilwayne001: 11:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Macelliot: [s]
What of the Othoman empire?
America created Al-qaeda, but Al-qaeda killed 2996 americans at 9/11 attack....
Al-qaeda leader, Osama was an Arab, born into a wealthy family in Saudi, studied at King Abdul azeez University. Influenced by a Pakistanian named Abdulmumeen. With the goal to fight the enemies of Islam...
I wonder why muslims never blames themselves for what they did, rather they either blames the west or Christians....
When US killed Osama bin laden, Why did saudi Arabians Citizen started protesting and burning American Flag?
Why did ur Ignoramus, Gullible brothers in Kano started, attacking and burning down Churches and also killing Christians when they were Protesting.
With this type of ur Sentiment. Islam is will still be an Umbrella for Terrorism, inhumane acts and Violence...
Shallom!!! [/s]

You are a waste of time undecided
Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by mustang44: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Who cares if they are now muslims? How is this making the world a better place? Muslim countries should remove apostasy law and see what will happens.

2 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Empiree: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2014
mustang44: Who cares if they are now muslims? How is this making the world a better place? Muslim countries should remove apostasy law and see what will happen.
Nothing will happen except what is best for Islam and Muslims. It's fallacy to say Muslims remain Muslims because of such law. That is utterly rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by AbdH: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2014
mustang44: Who cares if they are now muslims? How is this making the world a better place? Muslim countries should remove apostasy law and see what will happen.

Brother, Christianity has reached its peak and it cannot go further. Atheism is taking members away from the church because people have stopped believing in contradictions.
Islam will endure but not Christianity for falsehood has a weak foundation. Just so you know, Satan has been dealing a great blow on your religion since the compilation of the Bible but the result of that is more visible now. As the world goes more materialistic, Christianity goes more on a decline and no abolished law on Muslims can change that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by rhemakid1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=Rilwayne001]

What you don't seem to understand is that, the bible is the basis of which rhe atheist ans satanists attack you xtian everytime. No sane person will read the bible and accept all that is inside it as word of God almighty. [\quote]

***Only honest xtian will admit that it is full of contradictions and lies. Take a look at NL core xtian members like francistny and frossbel, they admit the bible is not the infalliable word of God since it contain comtradiction and lies.***

##it baffles me how u would term some people core Christians, we don't have anything like that in Christianity , but well, you r free to call them bible scholars.. that would have been preferable##

Richard Dawkins
could forgive himself.

Christopher Hitchens
The worthless idea that someone, an ignorant at that can be sacrificed on my behalf, without my consent, ***to atone for some made up "sin" which I had no part in committing and for which I was "condemned" without my side of the story before I was born, is utterly repugnant to me. ***
##are u kidding me, a sin u didn't commit? its either u dont no what that term 'forgiveness of sin* means or u just shying away from it under some well calculated speech ..well fyi the sin Jesus died for was for both ur past present and future sin, so u cant say a sin u didn't commit.##

***an so on like that, no sane person will read that someone was killed for a sin you did'nt commit. No sane person will accept that God cannot forgive you without coming down to be killed.***
## GOD GAVE MAN Sovereign will to pick between either good or bad. yet after that God out of His Love intervened by sacrificing a man to take away the sins of the world, both past present and forever.##

***Let me tell you the truth if i was born a xtian, i would have turn atheist with the way those atheist bash you and your bible. Not that they are anti-christ but they are saying the truth.***
#that is because the word of God is a stumbling block to those who wont accept it#

have a nice day grin ;

##permit my poor quoting ..me just new to NL##
Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by rhemakid1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
don't get it wrong. these people where not Christ-ians , they were just church goers following a religion called Christianity ..so them leaving or staying makes no difference..

Christianity is not a religion.

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by Rosarie(f): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
is it not obvious dey re prostitutes following money and not aftr religion:dey re aftr d pocket just to gain fame.if to say u nor kall deir name i dnt evn kno deir names sef.husslers

2 Likes

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by baba11(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2014
AlBaqir:

rofl grin
Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by baba11(m): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2014
rawpadgin:
who care
they ain't even popular
really?
Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by CyberTerrorist: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Islam = terrorism

1 Like

Re: Top-5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity by waxingmoon: 9:58am On Oct 12, 2014
CyberTerrorist:
Islam = terrorism
And christianity is .........MANIFEST ERROR

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is Mohamed Really The Last Prophet / Muslims Are Not Supposed To Have Problem With Christians. / Subhana Llah, Why Do This Still Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.