Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA (834 Views)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Pro-jonathan Come Let Us Pray / Security: Let Us Pray — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by coolestboy(m): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dear Father in Heaven,

I pray for my country Nigeria. We all know looking around there's not much to celebrate, to rejoice about, but I understand You don't want us to question Your infinite Wisdom when you placed us in Nigeria.
Father, I pray for Your wisdom, exactly what we need to move this country from the backwaters of backwardness. Forgive our people who want to eat the good of the land yet still curse the land, we want the best yet we wish the worst on ourselves.
Lord, we are blind, open our eyes that we may see that cursing our leaders doesn't solve the problem, killing our brothers and sisters, molesting our children and claiming tribal superiority is just evidence of our own wickedness. Yet we blame our leaders for the things we do. We have become very good at the latest and most popular game in Nigeria, the game called IT IS NOT MY FAULT.
Father, help us understand our leaders are very flawed human beings and not gods. Help us see that like us they make mistakes and mess things up. Help us understand that the solution doesn't come in looking for political heroes. But in looking up to you, in trusting you to work things out for our good.
Lord, it is hard for me to wish my country a happy birthday. Because I haven't gotten much out of it. But I am going to do it all the same because I know that's what You want. You want me to believe the best about my nation even if I am seeing Her at Her worst. You want me to be like Jesus, to condemn less and love more.
Yes, so many things have failed and are failing in this country, but I am going to just trust that there is nothing impossible for You to do.
Father I thank You for how far we have come, I know it's only by Your grace that we are still together as a nation, despite our growing differences. Forgive those who work to divide and visit with judgement those who try to destabilize and destroy this country (d exact way u did to Patrick Sawyer who made an attempt). Protect our women and children from monsters and animals on two feet and strengthen our men to work hard and honest for peace, for progress and prosperity. Help them fight the fight in smarter ways than butchery, looting and killing.....
Lord, help us grow.
On behalf of my people,
Your son,
Coolestboy

Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by Mannylex(m): 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hmm
Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by lonelydora: 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
So help us God
Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
SORRY BUT THE LAST THING NIGERIA NEEDS IS PRAYERS.THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA HAVE BEEN PRAYING SINCE 1960 AND SO FAR NOTHING HAS CHANGEDundecided

NATIONS DEVELOP BY ACTIONS NOT PRAYERSwinkIF PRAYERS COULD SOLVE NAIJA'S PROBLEMS NIGERIA SHOULD BE PARADISE BY NOW cool

ANYWAYS,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BELOVED NAIJA cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by coolestboy(m): 12:02am On Oct 01, 2014
dhammyg: SORRY BUT THE LAST THING NIGERIA NEEDS IS PRAYERS.THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA HAVE BEEN PRAYING SINCE 1960 AND SO FAR NOTHING HAS CHANGEDundecided

NATIONS DEVELOP BY ACTIONS NOT PRAYERSwinkIF PRAYERS COULD SOLVE NAIJA'S PROBLEMS NIGERIA SHOULD BE PARADISE BY NOW cool

U're right ma'am... But am sure u must av heard abt d phrase 'WORK AND PRAY' ?
Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by Wizpa(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2014
In case it makeS FP, I ws here!!!
Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by Waspy(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2014
dhammyg: SORRY BUT THE LAST THING NIGERIA NEEDS IS PRAYERS.THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA HAVE BEEN PRAYING SINCE 1960 AND SO FAR NOTHING HAS CHANGEDundecided

I beg to agree with you Dammy.... In the case of Nigeria, we need more of faith and works, just as Paul prescribed than none
Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Lord let your peace reign in every nook and cranny of this Nation.

Purge us of every corrupt and selfish leader(s).

Give us selfless and passionate patroits as leaders. Whose sole drive will be to take this nation to greater heights.

Above all, bless the sons and daughters of this land, you gave us.. And that we call ours.

Happy National Celebrations.

2 Likes

Re: LET US PRAY FOR NIGERIA by Idrismusty97(m): 2:16am On Oct 01, 2014
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish."

Happy independence BTW.

(1) (Reply)

Kwakwanso Blasts Jonathan For Seized $15m / Nigeria Can’t Extradite Me To UK – Ex-nspmc Boss / PDP Govs Meeting With Muazu Ends In Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.