Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] (47779 Views)

Google Shows Supports For Nigeria With Election Day Doodle [photo] / Google Celebrates Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Idrismusty97(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2014
cupid4ig: don't be deceived. U are seeing that on Google.com because u are using Nigerian ip address. Try change Ur ip to that of us or Germany u won't see that again.
You may be right. They are other countries worth celebrating on October 1st too. Maybe those countries will see their own achievement using their IP. This are the lists of Doodles for today.

http://www.google.com/doodles/nigeria-independence-day-2014

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by ceejayluv(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA:

Check again. http://Google.com is infact celebrating it too.
When you click it, it diverts to google.com.ng depending on the IP address.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Amya(f): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2014
How can people really not see through this! we are really ignorant. See people getting happy being mocked.

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by IYANGBALI: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Wey the dodo now?me I no see any dodo inside the foto o
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by focus7: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2014
These disgusts is what Fashola saw that made him come up with the idea of a mega city but it seems many lack the same foresight.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by uzolexis(f): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2014
freecharles: This is good...it feels good to know that Nigeria is recognized. How many countries get this on their independence day.

GREAT PEOPLE

Google celebrates almost every country it is used in when they av something special n it's only 4 d pple in dat country. This is only on google.com.ng n not google worldwide
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by bosunjohns(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2014
We deserve something better.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by firetrap(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2014
timilehing: What a caricature!! Keke NAPEP, Danfo & Okada undecided

thought I was the only one who saw this as an insult. if you look closely at the man with the flag in the passenger side of the danfo you'll notice that he has a certain resemblance to president Jonathan.

They always look for a way to subtly insult us with every chance they get

4 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Revolva(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Wetin una want make google use before?? I beg dats d best way to caricature naija

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by kennosklint(m): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2014
Dats gud
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: Wey the dodo now?me I no see any dodo inside the foto o
. Thank God u re not the Moses in the bible......Israel for still dey Egypt

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2014
clitlicker: Why yoruba go carry last na sad
u funny ehn!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2014
bosunjohns: We deserve something better.
like what?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by richol(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2014
My sp@ce
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by nickxtra(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.
Haba! Whether Google 'don't' com or Google com, all na Google.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA: Today, October 1, 2014 is Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary Day and Google has a new doodle to celebrate with Nigerians on Google.com and Google.com.ng

The Animated doodle features the three major tribes in Nigeria on the three most notable means of transportation.

Nigeria gained independence on the 1st of October, 1960. This is the THIRD doodle for Nigeria’s Independence Anniversary to be released by Google since October 2010.

View it in real time here - http://google.com OR http://google.com.ng

Source: https://www.facebook.com/calmnigeria

I think that's only in Nigeria. My google app is normal

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by johnstin(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2014
Quite pedestrian from google. I feel we deserve better.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by miqos02(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2014
nice one
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by SeverusSnape(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2014
not bad tho... I love the concept!... on behalf of me and my family, I wish all Nairalanders HAPPY NEW MONTH AND HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by chidimmaaa(f): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2014
Abeg, make them covert am to moni share for us. Owu ite dey naija
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by In2systemsTech(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Haha... Nigeria IP, I guess
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by piagetskinner(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2014
NIGERIA,well described
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by xreal: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Proudly Nigerian.

Thanks Google.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2014
StealthyMe: Those three modes of transport grin explains lots in details without saying a thing!

Google definitely have to celebrate Nigeria; we keep them in business ( with questions like 'the new cooker wey Mama Nkechi just buy,abeg how much e cost ; i know say na lie she been dey lie') ...lol grin
Proudly Nigerian...
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by nerodenero: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2014
tolugar: Heeeee

Chie

At 54 na like this we go dey?

Hausa with okada

Yoruba with danfo

Igbos with keke.

All smoking hot.

Heeeee

My chewing stick don fall
Yorubas dont wear hat and If the Man represents Jonathan,the occasion isnt about him.It isnt bad sha!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by dani3(m): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Am new in dis NL anybeta 4 me?lols
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Google is really gaining from Nigerians
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 01, 2014
It appears it detects your IP Address before displaying the Doodle on http://google.com

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by starlike(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2014
The fact that Google recognised Nigeria is laudable, but the caricature dose not go down well with me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1927945/why-did-google
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by declaro(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa: Good of google for not including Igbos in that photo. They know we are not nigerians.

Please stop this we have passed this stage already. Igbos are Nigerians not anything you may call yourselves. We Igbos are pure Nigerians. We are ONE NIGERIA and NIGERIA is ONE.

5 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by bishoppapi: 10:43am On Oct 01, 2014
2ndOGA:

Check again. http://Google.com is infact celebrating it too.
lie lie...it's only google.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / What They Won't Tell You About The New Minimum Wage (Screenshot) / Sunday Igboho: I Can Fight Boko Haram Without Government Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.