Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] (47790 Views)

Google Shows Supports For Nigeria With Election Day Doodle [photo] / Google Celebrates Nigeria’s 54th Independence Anniversary With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by decode55(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sagamite:

Another product of a failed education system.

you need to get your head checked ASAP

I don't think you have grey matter in that box you call a cranium undecided
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Decryptor(m): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Look at the dresses of the human figures...

Analysis: The Danfo represents the SE and SS, the okada..The Hausas, the Keke..Yorubas.

Last Note: Thunder fire anybody that will quote me and say rubbish
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
prezelThomas: ?where u expecting Lamborghini? sori mam..buh he didn't mean any harm
Nigeria isn't the only country that uses keke and all that they put! can't they use something that's unique ! something that shows this is Nigeria.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by prowlG: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
#300 for 250mb
#600 for 500mb
#900 for 750mb
#1200 for 1gb
https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroticAngelina: Nigeria isn't the only country that uses keke and all that they put! can't they use something that's unique ! something that shows this is Nigeria.
Give an example of such a unique thing

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by StealthyMe(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
tuffgongjo: This cracked me up like kilode

lol..Have A Wonderful Independence day celeb sir grin
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by sofnana(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Nice artistic work with a conceptual message
Hausa man and his wife on a bike in the front
Igbo man and his wife in a danfo bus
And coming from behind is a Yoruba man and his wife
Had fact about the graphics
Hausa on a bike means they are the ones use to clear the road (boko haram killings in the north is for a purpose )
Igbo is a bigger bus meaning they currently take the larger share
Yoruba coming from behind means the are not at the top but they enjoy more than the Hausa who is been used

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Okeikpu(m): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria is the biggest Google user in Africa. Igbo pple is the biggest tribe that use Google..... in Africa tongue It's abt time Google recognize us as well cool onye ona ewuta, ya gaa makua transformer undecided in case u don't understand some of the stuff i wrote.... try Google translate.... kiss ;-)
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
NA waoo see as we are all salivating over it. Google is your typical capitalist entrepreneur just as @seun osewa is.. keep the natives happy and watch the money roll in. what is the reality on ground 55 years after we took over our own destiny. a handful of useful billionaires, a fast growing economy with impoverished citizens, a pool of religious and ethnic hatred and a large drove of predatory people with means to exploit the unfortunate. think again. what are you really celebrating? Reality or a story made up for your benefit.

Happy independence to the world's most happiest people.. one day the codeine will run out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Darima(m): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
it all symbolises lagos.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by ifoundmyperfect: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is only "Google.com.ng" celebrating it. "Google.com" isn't.

All na still "google" na..

BTW... Is dat President GEJ sitted in front?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Lumidee007(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Me I'm seeing mockery in this caricature by google....

P.jona in d middle with danfo, shinning teeth liike that
A Woman driving d danfo(weeker vessel)
Housa dey lead...(2015 election)
Yorubas inside keke...too slow

Can yu dig it
No mind ma chicckken bbrain
grin
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
freecharles: This is good...it feels good to know that Nigeria is recognized. How many countries get this on their independence day.

GREAT PEOPLE

i can imagine the look on oga jona face..

it feels good to be recognised...we are not d only celebrants of today.....proudly 9ja
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by firetrap(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
sofnana: [b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Nice artistic work with a conceptual message
Hausa man and his wife on a bike in the front
Igbo man and his wife in a danfo bus
And coming from behind is a Yoruba man and his wife
Had fact about the graphics
Hausa on a bike means they are the ones use to clear the road (boko haram killings in the north is for a purpose )
Igbo is a bigger bus meaning they currently take the larger share
Yoruba coming from behind means the are not at the top but they enjoy more than the Hausa who is been used

This is the most stupid thing I've ever read on Nairaland and it goes to show how deeply rooted ethnicity is in this country. until we begin to see beyond our ethnic group we will not move forward as a nation

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by QEFRAN6: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
When our government empower her children( youth empowerment) with only motor cycles, keke and molues,what else do we expect to be celebrated with?

Happy celebration great Nigerians.
God bless you all.
God bless our leaders.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Its more or less like a slap on d face sad smh
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
decode55:

you need to get your head checked ASAP

I don't think you have grey matter in that box you call a cranium undecided

You are a cretinous person!

A microcell from my head is more intelligent than your whole lineage.

person!

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Amosiye: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
niaraland Doodle for naija 54th independence

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Richardjemedafe(m): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Oga driver Na only u waka Come Hmmmm DIARIS GODOO.......

JUst PASsing.....

Abeg who Help me see my I??

If u help me see am HIT LiKE and wiN 1 National moi-moi.......

HAPPY INDIPENDENCE TO ALL NAIRALANDERS...

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroticAngelina: are u insane? angry all I'm saying is that they could have used a better picture! every country has something..u knw ... local. they wouldn't like it if that's what Google uses! they are better ways. listen Mr whatever Ur name is, if you don't understand what someone is saying, I'd suggest u tame that Lil finger of urz that's itching to press 'quote' to quote the person o.k.a.y?? angry

What could they have used better?

Something that misrepresents the actual reality in Nigeria, so you can moronically go about the world beating your chest about greatness while you have not had 12 hours of straight light in the last 8 months?

person, the picture is adequately representative of Nigeria. Those are iconic images of the main city in the country. Shut the fck up and don't be hoping someone helps praise the cesspit you have as a country.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by stiles009(m): 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Brilliant gesture by Google. Though It's a shame ,
despite the billions of naira our thief-turn-leader have invested in acquiring exotic jet and their likes, @54 we are still been identified with the like of 'molue' and 'keke'... On a world platform. Hopefully @ 100, we won't be identified with d like of wooden canoe and steam trains...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: it is still viewable only to Nigerians or those using Nigerian IP. The world wouldn't see it.

U are absolutely correct.
I can't see it from where I am.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Amosiye: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
This is truly how naija looks @ 54

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by toygod2: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Very soon....
You will LAND in HOLLAND,
You will begin to SHINE in CHINA,
You will become DON in LONDON,
In SPAIN their will be no PAIN but full of GAIN,
You will BURST forth into success in BOSTON,
You will FLOURISH in FLORIDA,
In CANADA you will obtain your divine
CALENDA,
You shall not be CANED in CANAAN nor
PARALYZE in your PARADIZE, You will send
TEXT in TEXAS, Count DOLLARS in
DALLAS,
You will have NEIGHBORHOOD in
HOLLYWOOD,
You will break YOKE in NEW YORK,
Enough TURKEY awaits you in TURKEY,
You will not always RUSH like RUSSIA & shall
never JAM in JAMAICA,
They will SING your name in SINGAPORE,
And the Lord shall PACKAGE you in
PAKISTAN,
So that in
SYRIA you shall be SEEN as a
Blessing to others,
In the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
people will
UNITE to praise GOD just because of you. can i
see your hands type amen ?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Amosiye: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Amen oh. Wetin we go do for ireland
toygod2: Very soon....
You will LAND in HOLLAND,
You will begin to SHINE in CHINA,
You will become DON in LONDON,
In SPAIN their will be no PAIN but full of GAIN,
You will BURST forth into success in BOSTON,
You will FLOURISH in FLORIDA,
In CANADA you will obtain your divine
CALENDA,
You shall not be CANED in CANAAN nor
PARALYZE in your PARADIZE, You will send
TEXT in TEXAS, Count DOLLARS in
DALLAS,
You will have NEIGHBORHOOD in
HOLLYWOOD,
You will break YOKE in NEW YORK,
Enough TURKEY awaits you in TURKEY,
You will not always RUSH like RUSSIA & shall
never JAM in JAMAICA,
They will SING your name in SINGAPORE,
And the Lord shall PACKAGE you in
PAKISTAN,
So that in
SYRIA you shall be SEEN as a
Blessing to others,
In the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
people will
UNITE to praise GOD just because of you. can i
see your hands type amen ?
no mind nigerian leaders make we leave them they

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sagamite:

What could they have used better?

Something that misrepresents the actual reality in Nigeria, so you can moronically go about the world beating your chest about greatness while you have not had 12 hours of straight light in the last 8 months?

person, the picture is adequately representative of Nigeria. Those are iconic images of the main city in the country. Shut the fck up and don't be hoping someone helps praise the cesspit you have as a country.
FVCK YOU!! useless orphan. don't quote me again, coz I can see that your brain is fvcked up. and u are mentally unstable!!! black goat angry
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Amosiye: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Its obvoius that you both are frustrated nigerian youths
EroticAngelina: FVCK YOU!! useless orphan. don't quote me again, coz I can see that your brain is fvcked up. and u are mentally unstable!!! black goat angry
don't worry he go better. (Since 1965)

3 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroticAngelina: FVCK YOU!! useless orphan. don't quote me again, coz I can see that your brain is fvcked up. and u are mentally unstable!!! black goat angry

Next time use your brain toe think before talking. It is actually a tool that can be used for such a function.

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by zomoears(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
teecuzy: Make person help me ask google, 'why is the woman driving the danfo and the man smiling sheepishly?'...hmm hehehehehe

You bad gaaan!
Thought I was d only one reading between d lines!

You sharp! One botul of "orijin" for u

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Enouwem(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
prezelThomas: Give an example of such a unique thing
like cultural dresses or tourism places!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / Security Aide Of Governor Amosun - "Robot" Killed On His Way Back From Work.PICS / NYSC Corp Members Collecting Their INEC Training Allowance (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.