Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) (28093 Views)

List Of Nigerian Senate Presidents Till Date. / Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) / Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by zizazizu: 7:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Senator David Mark jus use alum gum that seat! Heard he wants to contest as a senator again. GEJ till 2019, Mark till 2019...when will we that are called young ever going to be in those seats? Leaders of tomorrow...how many tomorrows remain before we become leaders of today?
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by titoetal(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2014
David Mark's presidency has brought stability. Mark and his team are not doing bad so if their constituency returns them, zoning maintained, I want them to continue. In legislative business, there's need for experienced law makers to remain in the business as long as they are strong.

Long Live Fed Rep of Nigeria
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by naturally: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2014
See their faces
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2014
IdiAmin1: Ken Nnamani is the most resounding of all. I miss him in Naija politics. Okadigbo is the most vibrant of all too. Wagbara is a disgrace. Abeg, someone should remind Mark that Naija senate is not his village, it's time to rest, he has equally tried to stabilze the senate anyway undecided
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2014
montestic: is that how Ohaneze Ndigbo wants to rule Nigeria?

Just check out how instability rocked the senate leadership when they produced d senate President during the early stage of the 4th republic.

Enwerem was indicted in corrupt charges, and was impeached

Okadigbo was impeached too

Wagbara too was indicted in monetary embezzlement scandal and he was forced to resign to avoid been disgraced out of office.

My Igbo brothers, r u sure we can rule Nigeria?

Those men disgraced us. Tufiakwa!!
YOU SAID IT ALL,OUR YORUBA PEOPLE ARE SO IN(CORRUPT)AND GENEROUS. I REMEMBER HOW(DIS) HONOURABLE PATRICIA ETTEH LED THE HOUSE FOR A CENTURY BEFORE SHE HANDED OVER TO SAINT BANK(OLE) WHO SHOWED NIGERIANS THE MEANING OF CORRUPTION BEFORE APOSTLE TINUBU GENEROUSLY GAVE THE POSITION TO THE NORTH. WE ARE TOO MUCH.
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by EagleNest(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Chuba Okadigbo is the best so far, followed by Anyim Pius Anyim and Ken Nnamani.
Nwabara was simply a disgrace though he helped kill/finish-off OBJ 3rd term when the opportunity called.
David Mark - is simply toothless and a lackey to the executive.
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:52am On Oct 01, 2014

Just check out how instability rocked the senate leadership when they produced d senate President during the early stage of the 4th republic.

Wagbara too was indicted in monetary embezzlement scandal and he was forced to resign to avoid been disgraced out of office.

THAT IS A GOOD OBSERVATION , I REMEMBER HOW DIS(HONOURABLE) PATRICIA ETTEH LED THE HOUSE FOR MORE THAN A CENTURY BEFORE HANDING OVER TO SAINT BANK(OLE) WITHOUT IMPEACHMENT. WE ALL SEE IN(CORRUPT) BANK(OLE) IS ESPECIALLY DURING N10B SAGA. AS IF IT IS NOT ENOUGH WE IN(CORRUPT) AND IN(CONSISTENT) SOPHISTICATED YORUBAS SOLD THE POSITION THE NORTH THROUGH SAINT TINUBU.
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by UnknownT: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2014
If not for Nnamani's presidency, Two things would have happened: 1. OBJ would still be the President now(cos he will definitely seek for 4th term) 2. Military may have struck to overthrow OBJ. And someone said he was a Mediocre Senate President, it takes more than mediocrity to go against OBJ then knowing the kind of power he wielded in EFCC, the same power he used to beat Peter Odili to line b4 d PDP presidential primaries in 2007
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by nwaobitex: 11:12am On Oct 01, 2014
i dey
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by EldaTimba(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2014
So no Yoruba man has ever been Senate president. Later some tribe will say they want to rule by all cost.
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by daveP(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
lalasticlala:

I think so too. Abi he don finally monopolized d seat?
me thinks this post is politicized somehow. No yoruba on senate, no igbo on presidency, no hausa on reps(i hope im wrong)

happy independence Nigeria!! How far?
Re: Nigerian Senate Presidents From Independence, 1960 Till Date ( Photos ) by bustyhelen(f): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2014

Nawa oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Mocks President Buhari Over Mama Taraba (Video) / Lavish Lifestyle: Which Christopher Brambaifa Are They Talking About? / Unknown Gunmen Attack Umulokpa Divisional Police HQ Enugu, Cops Missing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.