Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. (54889 Views)

Oluchi, Iman, And Naomi Campbell In Rare Pose! / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroZA:
true that comrade...majority of south Africans don't support his ideal that's why only few voted for him in the 2014 genaral elections,ironically he is now working hand in hand with white people in parliament to oppose the ruling party ...

Lol.. Attributes of a failure.. They will result to deception and propaganda. I wish south africa the best but the black groups need to come out and make something for themselves .stop the finger pointing. Nobody is going to give free food.. I do know a number of south african blacks that are making waves
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by fireforfire: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
pussyaddict:

This is so emotional. Especially in those days when there was no phone.

I'm a nigga but I can't stand my wife crying in such a condition.

ds ur profile name eh.. lipsrsealed
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by simplicity7: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Magnificient
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by suyamasta(m): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
wow very deep and insightful
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by jotfas(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
tmed1: The Nigeria back then was more structured and organized than the Nigeria we have today. Now, the government are clueless. It's a pity the British didn't teach the early leaders how to rule before leaving.
bro God bless u. Dat s d word. clueless nd no proper orientation
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by fireforfire: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamord:

Oga! Go and sleep

Btw

Happy independence day nigeria!

u must b a ghanian
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Unemployment rate....you are dreaming
poverty.....you are dreaming
HIV...you got a point but note that you country with rural areas omitted is closely behind SA

abdulwastecx:

This is dumbest comments ever.

soith Africans black population are worse than Nigeria in terms of poverty rate, HIV rate, unemployment rate etc. imagined yourself living in a country for over 200years where your dad, grand dad, great grand dad were segregated, no right to own land, cannot vot and be voted for, treated like animal and live in slum for having a darker skin for some pale looking monkeys.

Nigeria was never great under British colonialism, it was consider a colony of people of savage where raw material can be gotten and where british good can be dump.

the railway system we have at 1960 was put in place to transport stolen agricultural material from the interland of south west, Northern Nigeria and eastern Nigeria.

at 1960, Nigeria has only onr university for 55million people, less than 10% of her population have access to electricity, water supply etc.

Nigeria was a messy British colony because nothing good comes from shapeless pale skinny pig aka white
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
fireforfire:

u must b a ghanian

Yeah! I am..
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by DobleO7: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Really memorable
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Superstar007: Samuel Ajayi crowther was a slave who later became the first ordained bishop from west africa and leader of the Aglican church. I think he also help translate the bible to yoruba

Samuel Ajayi Crowther died on 31/12/1891 and therefore can not be the Ajayi here, so who is this Ajayi?
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by prowlG: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
#300 for 250mb
#600 for 500mb
#900 for 750mb
#1200 for 1gb
https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulwastecx(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroZA: Unemployment rate....you are dreaming
poverty.....you are dreaming
HIV...you got a point but note that you country with rural areas omitted is closely behind SA

any SA children still cry themselves to sleep
because they are hungry, Child Gauge 2012
shows, with about 60 percent living in poverty.
They live in households with a monthly income
of less than R575 a person.
And the gap between rich and poor, black and
white is growing.
The poorest 10 percent of South Africans
receive less than 1 percent of the national
income, but the richest 10 percent get 57
percent. This while 67 percent of black children
live below the poverty line compared to 2
percent of white children.
On Wednesday, the Children’s Institute at UCT
released the gauge, an annual review of the
living conditions and challenges facing SA’s
children.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Venchy: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Very educating , life were very peaceful then and there was enough food but were are we today....pastors and involving money laundering and some are exploiting the poor neighbourhood to buy Private Jet while leaders are totally consumed by materials things.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by macof(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Akalia: While starring at the 1914 amalgamation pic, I thought to myself if that day can be reversed.

By the Gods, That amalgamation would be destroyed soon.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
batiatus: im feeling emotional. where did we go wrong....sigh
2011 election
Re-election of PDP grin
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulwastecx(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Venchy: Very educating , life were very peaceful then and there was enough food but were are we today....pastors and involving money laundering and some are exploiting the poor neighbourhood to buy Private Jet while leaders are totally consumed by materials things.

Life was not peaceful then.... tell that to about 2million igbos that died during biafra war...

Plenty food my ass... so many Nigerians were poor despite having a smaller population.

I agree with the pastor stuff sha.

in summery, Nigeria has always been very poeple with plenty resources. The ao called founding fathers were bunch of clueless Nigro occupied by sentimental politics based on ethnicity and religion
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
mickyarams: I admire the beauty and how organised the buildings were. I don't know where it all went wrong for Nigeria.
2011 election
Re-election of PDP grin
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulwastecx(m): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof:

By the Gods, That amalgamation would be destroyed soon.

you don't need God to divide Nigeria....
All the citizen residing in all the artificial regions can take to the street demanding fir separation. .. I bet you, if the pretest continuee for one month, Nigeria will be divided
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by VINDYLOMO(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks for this memorable and lovable picture. Please kindly send me a copy to dayomoladele@yahoo.com. Regards.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Burger01(m): 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
There was once a country called 'Nigeria'...

sad
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by macof(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
abdulwastecx:

you don't need God to divide Nigeria....
All the citizen residing in all the artificial regions can take to the street demanding fir separation. .. I bet you, if the pretest continuee for one month, Nigeria will be divided

Yh you absolutely right about that
Humans need to take their destiny in their own hands
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
child grant for 2 kids exceed that R575 you are mentioning,let me give you a picture of how the so called poor people live in SA...the government build houses with free pure tap water and free electricity for them,they receive monthly social grants,R300 for a child under 18 ,R1200 for the persons above 60 years,R1200 for people with disabilities and mental sicknesses,R1000 for the orphans, SA is an industrilized country,kids get free meals at schools,a person who works as a cleaner in SA earns better than a person working as a teacher in Nigeria(make a research) ...why don't you tell us about e well known stats released by the world bank ...

abdulwastecx:

any SA children still cry themselves to sleep
because they are hungry, Child Gauge 2012
shows, with about 60 percent living in poverty.
They live in households with a monthly income
of less than R575 a person.
And the gap between rich and poor, black and
white is growing.
The poorest 10 percent of South Africans
receive less than 1 percent of the national
income, but the richest 10 percent get 57
percent. This while 67 percent of black children
live below the poverty line compared to 2
percent of white children.
On Wednesday, the Children’s Institute at UCT
released the gauge, an annual review of the
living conditions and challenges facing SA’s
children.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by simdam500(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
even if i'm not born then.... the history speaks much better even till now...

kudos to the man the took the pictures and weldone to the OP...

#wehavealongwaytogo
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by tracyfemmmm: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamord:

The plain sad truth is that black people are intellectually inferior!
not really its just that they let greed push them to make stupid decisions
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Nigeria Airways.

Nigeria has fallen; Big time.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
tracyfemmmm:
not really its just that they let greed push them to make stupid decisions

They are not the only ones that are greedy.. Infact western powers can be greedy than we africans.. If they have intellectual maturity they won't do that.. Let me give you an instance Let's take a look at two men Adolf hitler and Idi amin.. They were very powerful iron fisted men .. They are known to have committed human rights abuses, political repression, ethnic persecution, extra judicial killings,nepotism, corruption and exercised a great level of control. But what was their vision a goal.. Hitler had a vision of making germans the super race and they will rule the world to a thousand years..among other visions ..this molded him to become what he became and achieve such great feat.. On the other hand we have idi amin.. That his vision was to see his people and western leaders bow to him..not economically, or by displaying military powers.. But by bowing at his feet .. fulfill his immature childhood fantasies . Driving, eating and Bleep.ing what ever he liked ..I doubt he had a plan to make ugandans the most powerful black people.. U could see his outcome.. now contrast for yourself.. In the midst of his power and influence he is intellectually inferior to his german counterparts cos he is not a deep thinker ..if he was he will be more disciplined
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulwastecx(m): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamord:

They are not the only ones that are greedy.. Infact western powers can be greedy than we africans.. If they have intellectual maturity they won't do that.. Let me give you an instance Let's take a look at two men Adolf hitler and Idi amin.. They were very powerful iron fisted men .. They are known to have committed human rights abuses, political repression, ethnic persecution, extra judicial killings,nepotism, corruption and exercised a great level of control. But what was their vision a goal.. Hitler had a vision of making germans the super race and they will rule the world to a thousand years..among other visions ..this molded him to become what he became and achieve such great feat.. On the other hand we have idi amin.. That his vision was to see his people and western leaders bow to him..not economically, or by displaying military powers.. But by bowing at his feet .. fulfill his immature childhood fantasies . Driving, eating and Bleep.ing what ever he liked ..I doubt he had a plan to make ugandans the most powerful black people.. U could see his outcome.. now contrast for yourself.. In the midst of his power and influence he is intellectually inferior to his german counterparts cos he is not a deep thinker ..if he was he will be more disciplined
!
Africans are not intellectually to say pale skin (white) or yellow (Asians). Africans are just pre occupied with religion and ethnicity instead of building a strong national values, development oriented ideology, togetherness and national unity.

Japan was an over crowded island in the 18th century before contact with Europeans. They learn and borrow from GERMAN, Dutch and British. japan rise to become a leading industrialized and technological advanced nation. Nigeria can become a great nation, if people stop worrying about ethnicity and religion
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Origin(f): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerians will never take ownership for Nigeria.
Criticism is so easy. Anybody who wants to be enslaved we dash you to the white man.
Who drops dirts on the streets of Lagos.
When last did you do sanitation( if not for ebola)
All of you waka come Lagos- putting strain on limited resources ( imagine Lagos with 5m people and lagos with 35m people and still counting)
People live in sheds use the streets as latrines and blame the government when they are prohibited from such.
Is it the government that builds collapsed building or convert one Storey to five because of greed?
How much taxes have you paid and when last did you pay ( nothing good comes cheap)
Lagos is not dirty, the people in Lagos are dirty
Nigeria is not a thief, some people are deliberately stealing and spoiling their own names. (Can you absolutely vouch for yourself)
Change your thinking.
Be responsible for Nigeria
I hail the people that have done their best through actions for Nigeria and Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulwastecx(m): 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
EroZA:
child grant for 2 kids exceed that R575 you are mentioning,let me give you a picture of how the so called poor people live in SA...the government build houses with free pure tap water and free electricity for them,they receive monthly social grants,R300 for a child under 18 ,R1200 for the person above 60 years,R1200 for people with disabilities and mental sicknesses,R1000 for the orphans, SA is an industrilized country,kids get free meals at schools,a person who works as a cleaner in SA earns better than a person working as a teacher in Nigeria(make a research) ...why don't you tell us about e well known stats released by the world bank ...

Nothing is special about south Africa.
This is country that started mining iron ore, gold, coal for more than 100years before Nigeria gain her independent.

south Africa gain her independent in 1910 when most Africans ( except for Ethiopia and Liberia) were under colonization yet can only generate 40k megawat when south Korea is generating 120k.

south Africa is a third world country a little bit better than Nigeria in infrastructure because of longer year of political stability and democracy.

since 1999 when Nigeria return to democracy. Nigeria has posed better growth outlook.

Gdp figures 1999 : Nigeria ( 70 billion)
south Africa( 250billion)

2014: Nigeria(525billion)
south Africa (320billion)
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by abdulwastecx(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Origin: Nigerians will never take ownership for Nigeria.
Criticism is so easy. Anybody who wants to be enslaved we dash you to the white man.
Who drops dirts on the streets of Lagos.
When last did you do sanitation( if not for ebola)
All of you waka come Lagos- putting strain on limited resources ( imagine Lagos with 5m people and lagos with 35m people and still counting)
People live in sheds use the streets as latrines and blame the government when they are prohibited from such.
Is it the government that builds collapsed building or convert one Storey to five because of greed?
How much taxes have you paid and when last did you pay ( nothing good comes cheap)
Lagos is not dirty, the people in Lagos are dirty
Nigeria is not a thief, some people are deliberately stealing and spoiling their own names. (Can you absolutely vouch for yourself)
Change your thinking.
Be responsible for Nigeria
I hail the people that have done their best through actions for Nigeria and Nigerians.

sister what are you talking about?

1. if agriculture is developed, cottage industries are developed and agro allied industries are put inplace through encouragement of private and foreign investment. when these are put in place rural to urban area migration will stop and your lagos will not be over populated. who's responsibility is it to provide the aforementioned facilities?

government put inplace law reinforcement to fight indiscipline, enforce town planning laws and force people to disposed off their refuse. it is not the function of an average Nigerians.

gov't in every country design the tax system not the individual, since Nigeria gov't are ok with eassy oil money what do u want Nigerians to do?
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by sunico(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
memorable pictures
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by IMMUNO1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
From these pictures, we all can see that Ibos were never part of this scam. They only showed Zik's campaign and the next is slaughtered IBO sons and daughters. Yet, they wanted to continue on their own existence but with the help of the western world, they were never allowed to be. Now, we all are dancing to British skelewu. Sorry!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe: "Lanry Gentry Beats Me Constantly, I Still Cough Blood, He Cheated" / Celebrities At Banky W And Adesua Etomi's Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Toke Makinwa Shows Off Her Bum Bum After Some Hard Squatting Exercise (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.