Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,410 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:01 PM

Former Head Of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Wants To Run For Presidency Again In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Head Of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Wants To Run For Presidency Again In (414 Views)

Throwback: Head Of State Gen. Gowon And Late Shehu Of Borno In Maiduguri(c.1971) / Military Head Of State Gen. Buhari's Maiden Speech 1st Jan. 1984 / Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Head Of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Wants To Run For Presidency Again In by kolaj4sure: 2:21am On Oct 01, 2014
Former Head of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari wants to run for presidency again in 2015, but he has Atiku Abubakar, Adams Oshiomole and President Goodluck Jonathan as some of the aspirants he needs to contend with.

With overzealous support usually known for attacking other aspirants in situations like this, Buhari has warned his supporters not to insult anyone on his behalf.
“I must warn all my supporters, volunteers and other well-wishers within the party or even out of it, not to insult or be rude to any other aspirant or party leader on my behalf,” said Buhari, who spoke to his 66 support groups, who gathered under the aegis of the Buhari Support Centre in Abuja.
“My supporters must not engage in any kind of behaviour or conduct that will tarnish the image of any leader or promote division and rancour within the ranks of the party.
“Whoever does that should know that he or she is working for the enemy,” he said.
He however advised his supporters to be vigilant during and after elections and should not resut to violence even when elections are rigged.
“In particular, you must learn to be vigilant especially just before, during and immediately after elections, whether elections are rigged or not,” Buhari said, noting that sponsored hoodlums must not be given a chance to perpetrate their evil acts.
“Not only must you not take the law into your hands no matter the level of provocation, you must be able to expose those planning to do so before the act,” he said.
Buhari also asked his supporters to put the interest of the party first, before personal interests as nothing makes it certain that he will become the flag bearer of the APC in the 2015 presidential election.
“You must at all times remember that the APC is a party with several qualified people for each and all the positions that will be contested, including that of the president.
“It is the primaries that will determine who will eventually represent the party and in which capacity.
“If I get the nomination, I will expect you to redouble your effort and commitment until we clinch the presidency.
“In the event that it happens to be one of the other aspirants who win, I will expect you, as good party men, to extend to him your total support.
“We are a united party and united we shall remain because our strength lies in our unity,” Buhari said.
Buhari is expected to declare his presidential ambition on October 8 at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

http://naijaonlinegist.com/2014/10/2015-buhari-wa…onathan-others/

Re: Former Head Of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Wants To Run For Presidency Again In by kolaj4sure: 2:24am On Oct 01, 2014
God help us

(1) (Reply)

Pics:- From The 54th Independence Anniversary Interdenominational Service / Quote Of The Day / Okupe: Jonathan’s Tenure ‘the Best Since 1960′

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.