Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. (2770 Views)

How To Use Your Flash Drive As Ram [speed Up Your Slow Computer] / How To Use Your USB Flash As RAM On Window XP / Use Ur Flashdrive As Ram And Make Ur Pc Fly: Like Mad Xp Version! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by siezemm: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2008
How can i use my flash as RAM in my window XP. Pls help i use vista but want to downgrade to XP. But i use my flash on vista as ram. I need to be sure i can do it on xp before i can downgrade. Pls help.
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by siezemm: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2008
Markomio,
Thanks for your advise, there is nothing that is impossible in IT, do you ever know that you can use ur flash in place of RAM but you learnt it, i also want to learn this from the public.

Thank you.
siezemm
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by ojesymsym: 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2008
nothing is impossible in I.T
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by FiremanJr(m): 10:36am On Nov 13, 2008
Its interesting to know how you use it as ram on vista in the first place
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by xprofile: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
IT IS FUCKING POSSIBLE TO DO THAT, IN XP
JUST GET A SOFTWARE CALLED READY BOOST FOR IT,
BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT IS FOR 4HRS TRIAL,

AND I DONT THINK I CAN GIVE OUT ANY OF MY FULL VERSION SOFTWARE OUT TO THE HOUSE AGAIN COS SO MANY PEOPLE ARE UNGRATEFUL AND LIKE STEALING PEOPLE'S IDEA AND THAT IS Y I DONT SACRIFICE MY TIME COMING TO THIS NAIRALAND , angry

INSTEAD I KEEP MY IDEAS TO MY SELF,

I DID D WHOLE TIN AND IT WORKS

c u around guys, lipsrsealed
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by Seun(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2008
Instead of trying to use your flash as RAM, why don't you just buy more RAM and use your flash as flash?
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by mygee33(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2008
Seun:

Instead of trying to use your flash as RAM, why don't you just buy more RAM and use your flash as flash?

It will save you a lot of strees and even cost
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by DoubleN(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2008
Maybe he has his reasons for wanting to use his flash as RAM but if it is for speed,just go ahead and buy the RAM
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by lekside44(m): 4:38pm On May 15, 2009
flash and other storage devices sucah as hard disk diskette can be use as memory. this is what is reffered toa s virtual memory in computing
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 15, 2009
kai!

in windows vista there is a feature called readyboost that enables one to use flash memory to speed up a system. it is a cheap alternative to ram. it does not exist in windows xp. you can use either a flash drive or a memory card to run the feature.

end of story

the whole idea of a new O is new feature etal. you cannot expect the new treats in xp to be in 2000, the new stuff in vista to be in xp, or the new stuff in 7 to be in vista. some things can be ported, but vey few.

simply dual boot xp. end of story.
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by olamath(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2009
@Xprofile
[
color=#006600]AND I DONT THINK I CAN GIVE OUT ANY OF MY FULL VERSION SOFTWARE OUT TO THE HOUSE AGAIN COS SO MANY PEOPLE ARE UNGRATEFUL AND LIKE STEALING PEOPLE'S IDEA AND THAT IS Y I DONT SACRIFICE MY TIME COMING TO THIS NAIRALAND
[/color][color=Black][/color]

Though you may have ur reasons, but remember we are not the same, holding back on a forum like this is selfishness, we can share and learn from each other.

Typing in all caps  amount to shouting use small letters.
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by moonraker(m): 2:47am On May 16, 2009
thats feature is a windows vista only feature,

why are peeps making things up.

@ Seun

thank you very much. pls tell him,
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by sameolg616(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2009
point of correction,
ready boost is to vista
while
eboostr is to XP
download it from www.eboostr.com/download/
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by blackweaver(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2009
it will still be signiificantly slower than conventional ram; besides i hope you are not
talking about usb flash 'cos i've booted an os from usb flash i can confidently assure
you that booting from conventional hard disk is faster. My point, if you want more memory
and don't want to buy more ram, you are better off increasing the size of your virtual
memory instead - unless you are short on hard disk space too
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by sameolg616(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2009
it aint slower, just that it has to be original flash and to get desired results,make sure thats the only thing u want to use it for and make sure its nothing less than 1gig
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by netotse(m): 7:04pm On May 17, 2009
saw in a pcworld edition that using the readyboost feature isn't even all that as in the advantage gained is not worth it! i'm with increasing the pagefile size
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by Seun(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2009
It's a complete waste of time. The types of flash that are cheap enough to make this worthwhile are very slow, and the good ones are not much cheaper than RAM. Just get more RAM and stop wasting your time.
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by lekside44(m): 8:18pm On May 17, 2009
why do we need a flash memory? we have not even used half of the power of currently available memory
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by blackweaver(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2009
sameolg616:

it aint slower, just that it has to be original flash and to get desired results,make sure thats the only thing u want to use it for and make sure its nothing less than 1gig

believe me when i say this; it IS slower; the usb bus is even slower than your ide bus talkless of the ram which is the
second fastest kind of memory tyou have on a typical pc (after the cache memory). Yes technically flash storage is faster than your
normal magnetic disks - as long as they are on the same kind of bus but when it is usb,
but then again you say you use it on vista; i knew there was a reason why i didn't like that OS but then again
i don't really use it

this is a link where they did some analysis on performance:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/analysis-vista-ready-boost,1891.html
Re: How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. by sameolg616(m): 11:10pm On May 17, 2009
pls dont get me wrong, i wasnt advocating for readyboost/vista,
i was simply talking abouy eboostr/xp, of course,with all that 32 bit/64 bit graphics that comes with vista, i expect it to be slow,

(1) (Reply)

Can I Remove A Virus Without Antivirus Software? / Help ! My Computer Cannot See My Dvd Driver. / Hp PROBOOK 4520s For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.