Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,202 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/14 (472 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/15 / Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional. 27/10/14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/14 by dallyemmy: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2014
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..
DATE : Wednesday 1 October 2014

THEME : BEWARE OF THIS ENEMY: PROCRASTINATION

Memorise:
Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
Proverbs 27:1

Read: Luke 9:59-62
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 1 SAMUEL 10:17-13:7 and PROVERBS 4:20-5:6

One of the worst enemies of progress in life, business and ministry is procrastination. To procrastinate is to put off a currently required action until a future time. It means to defer or to postpone. Procrastination is an attitudinal problem. It is a character flaw that affects millions of people in every walk of life. While it is regarded as normal for people to procrastinate, it can become a problem that hinders progress in life. It affects critical decisions such as accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and many other important things. It is dangerous for a Christian to procrastinate because procrastination can result in loss of fellowship and opportunities. It can also cause loss of souls which should have been won. The dangerous effect of procrastination is lamented in Jeremiah 8:20:
“The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.”

There are many reasons why people procrastinate. First is because of their personal convenience (Acts 24:25). This is a major reason many people fail in life, education, business, family and ministry. It is also the reason many do not give their lives to Christ immediately they hear the word of God. Laziness is another reason for procrastination (Proverbs 26:13-16). Many people put off indefinitely what they could have done presently as a result of indolence. A slothful man has many flimsy excuses for procrastinating. These range from imaginary fear to complaints that he or she lacks encouragement. Another reason for procrastination is worldly entanglements (Genesis 19:16, Matthew 19:20-22). Consideration of family pressure at the expense of God’s business could also lead to procrastination of God’s business. A reader of this devotional, who has the call of God upon his life, finds it difficult to surrender his all to God and go into full-time ministry because of family pressure. God should be topmost on your scale of preference at all times. Family pressure, as serious as it could be, should not be considered at the expense of God’s business. Learn a lesson from Elisha. As soon as the mantle fell on him, he ran after Elijah, turning his back on his family business (1 Kings 19:19-20). Another cause of procrastination is environmental distractions. Procrastination can be solved through proper planning and constant reminders (Luke 14:28). Priorities should be set right. Self-discipline could also help against procrastination when applied in areas such as eating, talking, watching TV or movies, use of telephones and other sources of distractions. It is always better to seize the moment and maximize every given opportunity to complete tasks and achieve goals.

Key Point:
The best way to do things is to do them at the proper time. Stop procrastinating.

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

(1) (Reply)

Come And Close This Thread / Open Heaven Daily Devotional / Open Heaven Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.