Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:21 AM

Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University (76834 Views)

Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job / 12 Things Successful Nigerians Never Reveal About Themselves / How To Start A University Lecturing Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Mention(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
donstevico: exactly the educated successful entrepreneurs are even more than the un educated ones.
Undisputed FACT
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
hmmm, that they didn't go to the university doesn't mean that they're illiterates. Illiterates don't even know the route to school talk of school itself. At least, most of them finished collage, they are educated enough. So pls, know the difference between Illiterates and educated people.

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
is the reason of this thread to mock the importance of education ?

#justasking

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
You forgot Seun Osewa, he made without a degree

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Don jazzy cant make music without some software developer
Coscharis cant sell cars without the engineerw who made the cars
Famfa oil can do business without the oil engineers
Mercy Johnson cant have Big braests without Dr 90210 tongue tongue

etc etc etc

I will rather go to school

I am a software developer and I am not schooled

The engineers who made the cars didnt go to school...use wikipedia

The oil engineers, I mean the inventors gangan didnt learn that from school

Video camera was invented by Thomas Edison who only had four years of schooling...He stopped going to school at about ten or eleven years old.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Joshuadon: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

etc etc etc

this is how people fail exams ..........................for crying out loud nobody said u shdnt go to cambridge,but rather going to university is not a pre-requisite for success.....................................pls read between the lines.........

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by obisage(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Your point is taken...but even then, there are still a lot of things you learn at school.
I agree with u. but honestly, if our youths can pay the level of attention and enthusiasm they pay to university education to vocational training, believe me, we won't have the level of unemployment we have in Nigeria today. very few of them go to school to study what they have passion for. everybody goes to school to have good certificate to get a job.

JOB CREATED BY WHO
by the so called "uneducated" people, when they were busy wasting time in the university.

6 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
so the op trying to say that having a little formal education isn't a yardstick to be educated.my question is what happened to 6-3-3-4 educational system that we copied from our colonial master?, an individual that stop or finished Senior Secondary Certificate and he/she venture into one business or the other can't regraded educated even when he can communicate fluently better than our so called graduate?. or been educated is when you go to the university. please throw some light on this
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Rapzino: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Ghost01(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Following.*
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Rastamann: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Are you using this forum to discourage people from getting a good education?
Yes not all those that got education makes i in life, what proportion of those with education make it in life compared to the proportion that had no education.

Guys, get the education and wait for the opportunity....Abraham Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
searay: Op you dey jealous abi? What do you mean by being succesful?
Having Money is not what I call being successful

I concur...So, lets have your own defination of success *I bet you are scratching your head now*
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by perfectcrush(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Education is not and will neva be a guarantee to success...
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
How this one take reach fp? Nawa o, university go do back door admission, nairaland go do backdoor transfer to fp. angry
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by happykidArotiba(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
The list is not complete.

Add Dangote. grin
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
chamboy: Na only Igbo no dey go skool dey dey succesful

Folorunsho Alakija....Yoruba

Razaq Okoya....Yoruba

Both of them are mentioned in this post
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
okeyscrib: Orji Uzo Kalu did not finish University?? How the hell did he become governor?

You need at least school cert to be a gov in naija.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Ichel: 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
The OP must be one of the Jamb f.........ed people try'na cheer himself up.
Keep deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
sorom4: This Op may have been expelled 4m the University or may have failed JAMB severally. EDUCATION shapes your thinking and prepares you for life. Bn UNEDUCATED is a cankerworm

Education doesnt necessarily mean schooling..There are many schooled illiterates. I am not schooled, but I am educated.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by omonla555: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
I refuse to envy them
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by nigerianvenom(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
ARES: for every rich uneducated there are a million poor uneducated..... ur logic doesnt hold

same way we have poor educated ones seeking for job always,e.g the immigration nightmare.

hardly will u see a guy that learnt a trade walking around,seeking for jobs with with papers.

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by koning: 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
A university education guarantees you nothing. A secondary school cert is however very neccessary. Basic schooling in needed. After that you can choose to become a Jay jay Okocha, Innocent Chukwuma, Don Jazzy or Dangote.

Once you can read and write, you can educate yourself on any field. On the job training is much more important.

3 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Orji Uzo Kalu used to be a student of University of Maiduguri. He was suspended, but refused to come back when reinstated.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Michdear(f): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Justice629: Education is considered by many Nigerians to be the gateway to success and the passport to a better life. Debunking this myth that one cannot be successful without a formal education are these successful Nigerians who have been able to survive life’s challenges and cross the hurdle of a formal education to become who they are today. Take a look at some of Nigeria’s most successful individuals who didn’t have formal education or complete schooling experiences.

Mercy Johnson
Mercy Johnson, is a Nigerian actress who made her acting debut in the movie, “The Maid” in which she played the role of a possessed house help. Her performance in the movie shot her into the limelight and has acted in other major movies ever since. Mercy reveals she got into the Nigerian movie industry (Nollywood) because she failed her Jamb exam. Johnson has appeared in over 60 movies.

Cosmos-Maduka:
If you are a lover of cars then you are certain to have heard of the name Cosmos Maduka. He is the founder of Coscharis Group, which is the sole distributor of BMW vehicles in West Africa. He dropped out of elementary school and became an apprentice at a tender age of seven. Today he sits atop one of the biggest conglomerates that Nigeria can boast of.

Vincent Obianobo:
The name Vincent Obianobo might not sound familiar but you can’t help but to have heard of his transportation company “The Young Shall Grow Motors.” He is also the owner of Rockview hotels and his transport company is supposedly the largest in Nigeria. This astute businessman had humble beginnings and not much education but today, he is one of Nigeria’s most successful businessmen.

Folorunsho Alakija:
Ranked not only as Nigeria’s richest woman, according to Forbes ratings, Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija is Africa’s richest woman. The wealthy billionaire who as at 2012 is estimated to be worth $2.5 billion revealed recently that she never attended a university. She made this revelation at the United Nations International Youth Day held at the University of Lagos.

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2014/09/meet-8-very-successful-nigerians-who.html?m=1
you didn't meantion king sunny ade,even though he end up as a visiting lecturer @ oau
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
chai...

Igbobi College be raising Patrons since the days of John the Baptist grin
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by NwaAnambra(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Op, those are the ones you know. Come to Onitsha and Aba and you will marvel. You will see one haggard looking man and you will look down on him but by the time he tells you the number of high rise buildings he owns, you go cut liver. But that doesn't mean education is all about University. Sometimes you find out they have a better command of English language than you that attended the University.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by sexyjob(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=]have u counted d number of people who never went to the university and are wretched out in d streets??

[/quote]
Well done brother
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by otokx(m): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Some of those people are just fronts for corrupt politicians.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by chamboy(m): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
didadavid:

Folorunsho Alakija....Yoruba

Razaq Okoya....Yoruba

Both of them are mentioned in this post
Am yoruba tho, but dey r more igbos on this line

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2014

etc etc etc

A tree cannot make a forest bro. Being Educated or "going to school" does not mean you will do it all alone.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by niggereyez(f): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Op. .. you wrote concerning don jazzy... "he didnt need education to attain greatness"...

I dont quite agree wit u.. the primary, secondary and part tertiary education he had contributed majorly to building a solid foundation for his achievements. .. and so applies to all of 'em.

if the article is anything to go by, then I really dont expect you to send ur children to school at all..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by nigerianvenom(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
i have an inlaw who never went to tertiary institution but he is a millionaire,diversifying his businesses everyday and investing more.i also have an uncle who is a graduate but was relieved of his duty few yrs ago,he is so poor and doesnt even want to do any "meager" job cos of his educationally attainment.
education is highly over rated,but an educational entrepreneur/industrialist is always a standout.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.