Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:16 AM

Tribite To Our Motherland - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tribite To Our Motherland (484 Views)

The poem of renassance for the motherland "ECHOES OF DREAMS" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribite To Our Motherland by alanjack: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2014
She's been bruised and battered, raped and abused by those she trusted the most, those she thought she could always lean on in times of difficulty. Neglected by the same ones she burnt her fingers to nurture. In spite of all she's been through, she bears no grudge against her transgressors, for their infidelity she's been faithful. Behind the lovely smile she has on her face you can tell that she's indeed been through a lot. If you listen to the sound of her voice you'll know she's carrying a broken heart. Looking at the scars on her body, you can't help but marvel at how she's still goes on. Yet, against expectations, she has defied the odds,weathered so many storms and confounded the prophets of doom and skeptics who gave no her chance of surviving half of the things she's already. been through-rape, injustice, abuse, discrimination,rejection, just name it. To be honest, there were times I equally wrote her off myself. She's hundred now & the last fifty-four years of doing things on her own have been pretty tough, but looking back on the things she's been through & how far she's come, I know she's no ordinary woman. Dear woman, this cowboy just stopped by to wish you a happy anniversary. Don't let your heart fail you now for your best days are just ahead of you.

(1) (Reply)

Magazine Or Blog Partnership / Http://diwali2014dp.com/happy-diwali-2014-short-messages-140-words-twitter.html / Opening A Bookstore How Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.