Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness (793 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / 7 Interesting Ways Nigerians Celebrate Independence Day / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by kenny1st(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2014
No matter what the problem is, Nigerians dont have any reason to celebrate independent in total darkness. i dont understand so many things about this country, why we been deprived of our basic needs by our own government. is it about lack of fund or what ? because i know that many countries that are not bigger or richer than us are not suffering the way Nigerians are. I mean come what may, this day in Nigeria should have been made as National day of stable power, at least let Nigerians feel that its possible to experience 24hrs of stable power and make them proud of that single day. Our govt has failed us and we do not have any reason to celebrate them...promises upon promises yet there is nothing to show for it. for the past 3 weeks i have not seen light in my area here in Abuja, FCT for that matter Now my question, do you have stable light in your area and what is that single thing what celebrate about Nigeria @ 54 ?

1 Like

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by otalenu(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Oshi
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by lordizak(m): 9:28am On Oct 01, 2014
whether you think he's wrong or not pls, he's saying d truth.

1 Like

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Blakjewelry(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2014
omo we get light since yesterday oo

5 Likes

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Its Blackout tinz over here....

True, our government is a joke.
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Day Naija. May this day unite you as a country & give you a loud enough voice when you speak up so all your grievances can be heard.

All the best.
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Op we are celebrating "independence" not "independent"
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2014
BrownKnight: Its Blackout tinz over here....

True, our government is a joke.

Do you guys ever march up to your govt offices & demand to be heard?
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

yup we do but we are never heard
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2014
BrownKnight:
yup we do but we are never heard

Aww, that's sad. I don't know what to say. Hope things improve though. Vote wisely.

How many political parties?
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by kenny1st(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2014
@sunnybobo, stay there and be monitoring people's write up for mistakes while they are progressing, yet you never create any meaningful topic...you have attittude problems.

2 Likes

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by philantoxx(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2014
depends on your location.its has improved in most areas.

3 Likes

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by talktimi(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

many people are more comfortable hollering online meanwhile the electricity distribution company offices are always open for complaints and suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by ITbomb(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2014
OP, Please can you check whether the next street is having light?
If yes, direct your complaint to the local distribution company, not the government.
However, if the whole community is without light, you can approach the LG council for support especially if the area is considered 'a low revenue generating unit' by the disco.

Federal Government is handling transmission and partly generation and is making progress building and expanding generating capacity and and transmitted capacity, your state and local governments should complement by providing transfomers, cables and poles to communities.

What is your LG chairman doing with N150m a month allocation?

1 Like

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
talktimi: many people are more comfortable hollering online meanwhile the electricity distribution company offices are always open for complaints and suggestions.

Sigh.
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Sijo01(f): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerians celebrating Independence in total darkness since 1960.
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 01, 2014
My guy, calm down. We've been having light here in new GRA, Enugu since yesterday..no interruption. So..no, we have the right to celebrate today

2 Likes

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Trut(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2014
@OP,

We have full current light in my area since last week. The light just dey waste lol

1 Like

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by luvlyoracle(m): 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
liberty300: My guy, calm down. We've been having light here in new GRA, Enugu since yesterday..no interruption. So..no, we have the right to celebrate today
I have original 16gb memory card for you. grin
Wasap=08083549458
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Faun(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
It means we are independent of electricity.
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by ycmdng(m): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Op: guess its your neighborhood or distribution company. I've being enjoying electricity like fresh air here in Ifaki-Ijaye sometimes a whole week uninterrupted. Our last prolonged off was during NNPC or NUPENG strike.
Happy new month and independence gbogbo ile.

1 Like

Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by VoteOutPDPJona: 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA: Happy Independence Day Naija. May this day unite you as a country & give you a loud enough voice when you speak up so all your grievances can be heard.

All the best.

AMEN
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Kayceo2010: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
We get light o.. Since morning. Rep Enugu #042
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by kenny1st(m): 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
I have carefully reviewed everyone's comment in this regard and i am of the opinion that majority of replies i got are people who support jonathan government and i dont havr problem with that. Where i am comcern is that some Nigerians are so used to sufferness that when they taste a bit of temporal comfort they think or believe its all well... Just as if i knew it, i was listening to news today and heard that Ghana is set to supply My COUNTRY power angryI have carefully reviewed everyone's comment in this regard and i am of the opinion that majority of replies i got are people who support jonathan government and i dont have problem with that. Where i am comcern is that some Nigerians are so used to sufferness that when they taste a bit of temporal comfort they think or believe its all well... Just as if i knew it, i was listening to news today and heard that Ghana is set to supply My COUNTRY power, i was so schoked and its saddened to hear this kind of news.

Now back to my NLanders comments., some pple said I SHOULD GO AND COMPLAIN in the distribution center or my Local Government, i am wondering why i need to go complain for what i am being charged for and what is monitorable. How come their official know each houses even in gettos when they are circulating their bills ? there is no way the PHCN official would not know where there is power outage. When will talk of government its also made up of all goverment instituions PHCN inclusive... is it that the offices are too wide that the government can not monitor and regulate their activities? If its a government of integrity then it should have been able to curtail some of these excesses and mismanagement in its administration because i still dont see any reason why any Nigerians should be living in darkness at this time.

This is not about power alone, sometimes i wonder what smoothly works in this country without itches along the line. The whole country is like a jungle, powerful people behave irrationally as they are above the law. The other day it was an issue of alleged boko haram sponsor who was ought to be locked for questioning and investigation, rather he was flying up and down with the president. Another one is the case of millions of dollars found in oritsejafor's private jet...these are the babaric incidences that happen frequently in this great nation and no one is detained or jailed for it. Well, i think we the masses should keep praying and act to let these government know that he has failed us and we are displeased with its government. WE NEED TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD.
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
talktimi: many people are more comfortable hollering online meanwhile the electricity distribution company offices are always open for complaints and suggestions.

I can't believe I just read this!

Dude! What are you saying? Open for suggestions?

We have only 4,000MW in the whole freaking country dude!
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by ITbomb(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
kenny1st: I have carefully reviewed everyone's comment in this regard and i am of the opinion that majority of replies i got are people who support jonathan government and i dont havr problem with that. Where i am comcern is that some Nigerians are so used to sufferness that when they taste a bit of temporal comfort they think or believe its all well... Just as if i knew it, i was listening to news today and heard that Ghana is set to supply My COUNTRY power .

Lol, it didn't go as you planned, sorry dear, some people just don't have that deep seated hatred that blinds them to improvements around them.
You even acknowledged the temporary comfort that President Jonathan is bringing us, let's pray it is sustained and improve upon.
As for Ghana supplying power, you should know that Lagos alone consumes more electricity than the whole of Ghana so if they are generating excess that they cannot use due to the relatively low economic activities compared to Nigeria then, we would gladly buy it.

For the records, Nigeria currently generates more electricity than Ghana but demand is much higher
Re: Shame As Nigerians Celebrate Independent In Darkness by musaibnabdul(m): 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
They call it transformation, TAN #PDPout

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Airports Bandied Around By TAN Ambassadors? / Peter Obi Finally Joins The Pdp!!! / Spiritual Dimension Of Linda Ikeji's Downfall- Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.