Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times (31848 Views)

EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus / Ebolafacts.com Launched To Help West Africa To Contain Ebola Virus / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Sunshinelady(f): 11:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Though you case is forgiveable because your opinion was based on obfuscation of facts by contributors on the said thread

I suppose its Obiagelli's signature thread assuming my memory kept track of the debate.

www.nairaland.com/1851308/gejs-incompetence-kill-us-all
u sabi speak English o shocked
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by red101(f): 12:00am On Oct 02, 2014
I saw the article at work today. I hope we don't jinx the Ebola-free status before the outbreak is over.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Deepfreezer(m): 12:14am On Oct 02, 2014
God actually fought the disease for us.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by logica(m): 12:14am On Oct 02, 2014
LOL. I can definitely sense the disbelief and disappointment in this article. Apparently it doesn't sound too good when Africans are containing epidemics by themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Deepfreezer(m): 12:15am On Oct 02, 2014
God actually fought the disease for us..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by samseen02(m): 12:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi: I heard Barack Obama has called Goodluck Jonathan at least 12 times today for guidance on preventing an Ebola Outbreak in the USA........... and Goodluck was like : I am busy at the parade ground cheesy
lol, no be for here oo
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by red101(f): 12:18am On Oct 02, 2014
logica: LOL. I can definitely sense the disbelief and disappointment in this article. Apparently it doesn't sound too good when Africans are containing epidemics by themselves.

What annoyed me the most about the article was that half the time they were crediting the success to Bill Gates, CDC, and whatever americans they could fit into the article, however far-fetched. I guess we can credit bill gates for his part in donating money for a useless polio facility that was turned into an ebola patient quarantine ward by resourceful nigerians tongue. But it's the NYTimes not the LagosTimes afterall. what can one expect?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by samseen02(m): 12:21am On Oct 02, 2014
thewarrior72: Many holes & deviations in that report. Instead of giving honour & respect to Nigeria the keep twisting the fact...smh
I thought i was d only one dat saw it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Deepfreezer(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Richiy: If we don't have anything to celebrate today being independence, we can at least celebrate this feat.
you can say that again
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Valfrankie(m): 12:54am On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil:
BASTARRRRD! EVEN IN A BILLION YEARS NIGERIA CAN NEVER EVER BECOME THE SOLE POWER OF AFRICA TALKLESS OF THE FVCK STATEMENT U JUST UTTERED. SACRILEDGE! SO because NIGERIA MANAGED TO TACKLE EBOLA, THEN GBASK!, IT IS NOW A GREAT COUNTRY. THIS IS THE NARCISSISM I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.
The insults were unnecessary. Have a good night

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by sexzskil(f): 1:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Valfrankie: The insults were unnecessary. Have a good night
I was trying to tell him fact.

Goodnight, sleep well brogrin
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Werehkpe: 1:05am On Oct 02, 2014
See these people. They want to claim their helped us wit that Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation thing.

Well, make them handle their own ebola case make we see

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Werehkpe: 1:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Valfrankie: Nigeria has the potential to become world power next to America and Russia, if only there was any form of motivation from the Government, the world would 've been amazed at what we could 've achieved. GOD isn't an AMERICAN as erroneously being speculated, HE IS A NIGERIA, BORN AND BRED SOMEWHERE IN ANAMBRA STATE!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

I dont care which part God is born oooo. As long as na Naija dem born am lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 1:09am On Oct 02, 2014
groovie:

But bros ehn, I don't understand all these things u re saying. The reason for creating State govt, and local govt, is to bring the govt closer to the people. So that been said, the lasg min of health did their job, the federal ministry of health did their job. Every one was on point here. Lets stop politicizing this issue abeg

States and local governments are not at the airports screening incoming passengers for ebola, that's the job of the federal government and they failed Nigerians in that regard.

States and local governments didn't lie to Nigerians that Nigeria was ready for ebola and that they have ebola vaccine back in april, the federal government did.

Lagos state basically cleaned up their mess and incompetence...

Ebola showed up in July, but the clueless and worthless FG released funds in September After Fashola declared victory and welcomed survivors with love and support.

Questioning your government's actions and inaction is your civic responsibility and obligation and that's if you really love your country..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 1:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Arsenate: keep ranting. the more you rant the more I hate your stuupid divisive APC, the more PDP are assured of my vote.
I can see through you.

“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

― George Bernard Shaw
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 02, 2014
arresa: [s]

1. Back in April, the FG of Nigeria lied to Nigerians and the world that Nigeria was ready to tackle Ebola and that we have vaccines that doesn't exist.

2. Their incompetence and lack of care threatened Nigerians by not only failing to put in place Ebola policy measures and Ebola fighting tools and equipment, but also trained folks at our point of entries that should have detected and prevented the Liberian man from entering the country especially with the virus ragging in parts of West Africa.

3. We managed to tackle the virus in Nigeria because sensible and dedicated people like Fashola did everything in their power not only to fight the virus, but also gave support and comfort to the sick and survivors.

4. When the FG minister was giving daily press conference, the Lagos state government was building isolation units, staffing and equipping their hospitals to rut tests and detect virus and monitoring contacts .

5. After the not so Ebola outbreak, we still have to move forward with other proactive measures to prevent similar situations and also integrate the survivors back into the society with love and support.

6. I posted pics of Fashola setting up special isolation units in Lagos that curtailed the virus which the usual ignorant characters and bigots on NL trashed endlessly.

7. The Lagos state government and legislature made available funds to fight the disease while your FG was making fake promises about funds that didn't show up. Thank God the state government didn't wait and sit around for some fake funds from ABuja.

Now, who's out there showing love and support? Who is welcoming, hugging and laughing with the survivors?

We got lucky because of the hard working, sensible, proactive and dedicated folks in Lagos state including the first responders and medical doctors including the brave ones that paid the ultimate price for keeping us safe..

Back to last April again..

This lying and incompetent FG left us exposed and vulnerable with their lies that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola and that they have Ebola vaccines that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth.

We remain in danger because the same ignorant, uneducated and incompetent people are still running the country.[/s]..

Very shameless post! I know you are Yoruba; as expected your views are biased. A huge chunk of the praise should be accorded to the Minister of Health. This guy handled the Ebola epidemic with great deal of excellence and professionalism. Fashola this, Fashola that. Go and ask him who was giving him directives. This was a national security crisis. All directives, medications and funds are from Federal government. Except that Lagos State like to make noise and give glory to Fashola. Let's for once give a big thanks to the functioning Minister of Health!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Wristler: 2:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Whoever takes America seriously anymore? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 02, 2014
I place my right hand on my chest and I say.......... I'm proud to be a Nigerian smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by hollypagan: 2:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Goldmind1: yeye country!
Fools, your time is past already.
who is this goat
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by lagcity(m): 2:10am On Oct 02, 2014
Deepfreezer: God actually fought the disease for us..

ma nigga, dont let me punch u. please i'm begging u. angry
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by tokjohn: 2:50am On Oct 02, 2014
See how someone bought some shoes costing about $2 Million shocked shocked .

Nick Cannon $2 Million Diamond Shoes HD
Please like and share! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEpLhuYXUmE
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by deept(m): 2:52am On Oct 02, 2014
chulla12: I guess it was time to start publishing Nigeria's so called success story to ease the growing panic about the first bonafide ebola case in the US.

"If those Africans could do it, we shouldn't have any worries since we are 100% more organized than they are!"

Yeah I can see through NY Time's bullsh*t. grin

"Remember this is not west africa, but a sophisticated city" - tx official
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by amanikondo: 2:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Goldmind1: yeye country!
Fools, your time is past already.
You are the fool.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 02, 2014
berem: ok seen!

Happy independence to you!
@Ngwakwe, berem, aresa & co., enjoy ur funding for this Nairaland of a thing. I hope ur sponsors find beta jobs for u beyond 2015.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by arresa: 3:15am On Oct 02, 2014
[s]
new2020:

Very shameless post! I know you are Yoruba; as expected your views are biased. A huge chunk of the praise should be give to the Minister of Health. This guy handled the Ebola epidemic with great deal of excellence and professionalism. Fashola this, Fashola that. Go and ask him who was giving him directives. This was a national security crisis. All directives, medications and funds are from Federal government. Except that Lagos State like to make noise and give glory to Fashola. Let's for once give a big thanks to the functioning minister of Health!
[/s]

The usual unintelligent garbage..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by kabba7(m): 4:02am On Oct 02, 2014
berem: Ngwakwe, ole mgbe m kwuru otu ahu?

Whatever you are saying is yours
However one good fact no one can dispute is that the Lagos state government took the intial right step that spur the federal and other states into actions that eventually gave the nation the victory over Ebola .one can imagine if prompt action was taken at the start of killings in Maiduguri at the start of book haram
Bottom line eadership has always been the problem with Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by wallex1983(m): 4:03am On Oct 02, 2014
We Thank God
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by slap1(m): 4:10am On Oct 02, 2014
A big plus for GEJ's administration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 02, 2014
sexzskil:
BASTARRRRD! EVEN IN A BILLION YEARS NIGERIA CAN NEVER EVER BECOME THE SOLE POWER OF AFRICA TALKLESS OF THE FVCK STATEMENT U JUST UTTERED. SACRILEDGE! SO because NIGERIA MANAGED TO TACKLE EBOLA, THEN GBASK!, IT IS NOW A GREAT COUNTRY. THIS IS THE NARCISSISM I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

you never still die?
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by ezeagu(m): 4:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Reads like they're trying their hardest to give all the credit to American organisations, but that's a minor point.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by BetaThings: 5:12am On Oct 02, 2014
Ngwakwe: It worked in Nigeria because everybody was United and nobody took pleasure in this National Catastrophe/epidemics unlike our battle to defeat Boko Jihadists which challenges have turned to campaign slogan for political neophytes who resort in demonizing our Military and Security Establishments for political purposes.

I remember the day Berem and Obiagelli, my kin sisters and NgeneUkwenu alias Cleverly my dear brother called for Prof Onyebuchi's summary dismissal for no just cause than opportunism.

Blind Social Critics and self-acclaimed political analysts deceiving innocent and gullible Nigerians over time.

But was he right to have approved the repartriation of Sawyer's corpse to Liberia
We know it was CDC that stopped that eventually

How long did it take Prof Chukwu to call a meeting of all commissioners of health in Nigeria - 3 weeks
By that time Lagos State had already completed a new isolation facility

Did Prof Chukwu return to Nigeria immediately from his foreign trip? No
But Commissioner of Health Lagos who was out of the country at the same time came back immediately

We also know that Gov-elect Fayose recently refused to allow his entourage to be screened
Will criticising that also amount to blind criticism?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by pbmaise(m): 5:15am On Oct 02, 2014
ArcelorMittal the worlds largest steel maker with an iron ore mine in Liberia.

That is who Patrick Sawyer worked.

Mining Weekly says they can now buy more iron ore mines at 90% discount because of Ebola.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor / Physically Challenged Man Constructs Wheelchair Pickup Van For His Business / Fallen Tree Kills Woman, Injures 10 Others In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.