Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times (31847 Views)

EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus / Ebolafacts.com Launched To Help West Africa To Contain Ebola Virus / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Venchy: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi: I heard Barack Obama has called Goodluck Jonathan at least 12 times today for guidance on preventing an Ebola Outbreak in the USA........... and Goodluck was like : I am busy at the parade ground cheesy

Don't be fooled, Nigerian leaders are well aware of the consequences if they refuse to act as they did.

Very unusual of Nigerian Government, perhaps we should be grateful for been Colonised by the british even though vast majority of NIGERIANS couldn't see the standards left behind, which some eminent people such as AWOLOWO, FELA ANIKULAPO'S mum, ANTHONY ENAHORO ,AZIKIWE and many more have built on.

I hope God will continue to give Nigeria great leaders and not Looters.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by DobleO7: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
arresa:

1. Back in April, the FG of Nigeria lied to Nigerians and the world that Nigeria was ready to tackle Ebola and that we have vaccines that doesn't exist.

2. Their incompetence and lack of care threatened Nigerians by not only failing to put in place Ebola policy measures and Ebola fighting tools and equipment, but also trained folks at our point of entries that should have detected and prevented the Liberian man from entering the country especially with the virus ragging in parts of West Africa.

3. We managed to tackle the virus in Nigeria because sensible and dedicated people like Fashola did everything in their power not only to fight the virus, but also gave support and comfort to the sick and survivors.

4. When the FG minister was giving daily press conference, the Lagos state government was building isolation units, staffing and equipping their hospitals to rut tests and detect virus and monitoring contacts .

5. After the not so Ebola outbreak, we still have to move forward with other proactive measures to prevent similar situations and also integrate the survivors back into the society with love and support.

6. I posted pics of Fashola setting up special isolation units in Lagos that curtailed the virus which the usual ignorant characters and bigots on NL trashed endlessly.

7. The Lagos state government and legislature made available funds to fight the disease while your FG was making fake promises about funds that didn't show up. Thank God the state government didn't wait and sit around for some fake funds from ABuja.

Now, who's out there showing love and support? Who is welcoming, hugging and laughing with the survivors?

We got lucky because of the hard working, sensible, proactive and dedicated folks in Lagos state including the first responders and medical doctors including the brave ones that paid the ultimate price for keeping us safe..

Back to last April again..

This lying and incompetent FG left us exposed and vulnerable with their lies that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola and that they have Ebola vaccines that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth.

We remain in danger because the same ignorant, uneducated and incompetent people are still running the country...

Is Lagos not part of Nigeria? and what about the case in Port Harcourt?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Worksunlimited: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Valfrankie: you 've been noticed, now go get something doing!

Smiles... Funny guy!!
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by daey118(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
And so everybody's talking about FG. And Fashola and we've all forgotten about the Lagosians who risked their lives and joined the emergency team of caretakers when there wasn't enough doctors for the job.. Funny how people forget good deeds easily.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Eaugusta(f): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
arresa:

1. Back in April, the FG of Nigeria lied to Nigerians and the world that Nigeria was ready to tackle Ebola and that we have vaccines that doesn't exist.

2. Their incompetence and lack of care threatened Nigerians by not only failing to put in place Ebola policy measures and Ebola fighting tools and equipment, but also trained folks at our point of entries that should have detected and prevented the Liberian man from entering the country especially with the virus ragging in parts of West Africa.

3. We managed to tackle the virus in Nigeria because sensible and dedicated people like Fashola did everything in their power not only to fight the virus, but also gave support and comfort to the sick and survivors.

4. When the FG minister was giving daily press conference, the Lagos state government was building isolation units, staffing and equipping their hospitals to rut tests and detect virus and monitoring contacts .

5. After the not so Ebola outbreak, we still have to move forward with other proactive measures to prevent similar situations and also integrate the survivors back into the society with love and support.

6. I posted pics of Fashola setting up special isolation units in Lagos that curtailed the virus which the usual ignorant characters and bigots on NL trashed endlessly.

7. The Lagos state government and legislature made available funds to fight the disease while your FG was making fake promises about funds that didn't show up. Thank God the state government didn't wait and sit around for some fake funds from ABuja.

Now, who's out there showing love and support? Who is welcoming, hugging and laughing with the survivors?

We got lucky because of the hard working, sensible, proactive and dedicated folks in Lagos state including the first responders and medical doctors including the brave ones that paid the ultimate price for keeping us safe..

This lying and incompetent FG left us exposed and vulnerable with their lies that Nigeria was ready to fight Ebola and that they have Ebola vaccines that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth.

We remain in danger because the same ignorant, uneducated and incompetent people are still running the country...

God bless Fashola, he deserves an award
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by kunlesehan(m): 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi: I heard Barack Obama has called Goodluck Jonathan at least 12 times today for guidance on preventing an Ebola Outbreak in the USA........... and Goodluck was like : I am busy at the parade ground cheesy
hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by okych16(m): 10:29am On Oct 03, 2014
arresa:

this is the spirit of APC talking...bt finaly lagos state governor real did a great job...only him can make me nt to vote GEJ
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by zanga420: 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:
I heard Barack Obama has called Goodluck Jonathan at least 12 times today for guidance on preventing an Ebola Outbreak in the USA........... and Goodluck was like : I am busy at the parade ground cheesy
lol, that reminds me what zuby77 said sometime ago 'create what works for you, let others emulate you'. So what happened to their zmapp n jmapp? Kudos to Gej, the health minister, health ministries(federal n state), health workers n others. God bless nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by jpphilips(m): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ngwakwe:
It worked in Nigeria because everybody was United and nobody took pleasure in this National Catastrophe/epidemics unlike our battle to defeat Boko Jihadists which challenges have turned to campaign slogan for political neophytes who resort in demonizing our Military and Security Establishments for political purposes.

I remember the day Berem and Obiagelli, my kin sisters and NgeneUkwenu alias Cleverly my dear brother called for Prof Onyebuchi's summary dismissal for no just cause than opportunism.

Blind Social Critics and self-acclaimed political analysts deceiving innocent and gullible Nigerians over time.

In sane countries Prof Onyebuchi chukwu would be jobless, if you needed a Berem to tell you that, then you know nothing about competence,
This quote of yours

The chief of the command center, Dr. Faisal Shuaib, gave credit to a coordinated effort by the Health Ministry, the C.D.C., the World Health Organization, Unicef, Doctors Without Borders and the International Committee for the Red Cross.

The Ministry of health that was mentioned was actually the Lagos state Ministry of health not the Federal, I hope you know the difference.
On several Occasions, the Lagos state health commissioner debunked several of the Minister's press statements, from then we knew who was actually working, most of you guys lack the ability to think!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by jpphilips(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
fr3do:
Lagos with Teeming slums?
Very typical of them, they cant sneeze without masturbatting about the percieved poverty and suffering in Africa.

Call me a broken record, I won't stop trumpeting about the need for west Africans and other Africans to tell their own stories from a healthy perspective and hear their own stories from indigenous progressive mouths.

Living in denial is still your right
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Ngwakwe: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
jpphilips:

[s]

In sane countries Prof Onyebuchi chukwu would be jobless, if you needed a Berem to tell you that, then you know nothing about competence,
This quote of yours

The Ministry of health that was mentioned was actually the Lagos state Ministry of health not the Federal, I hope you know the difference.
On several Occasions, the Lagos state health commissioner debunked several of the Minister's press statements, from then we knew who was actually working, most of you guys lack the ability to think!!

[/s]

We are not on campaign ground for you to feed your oh' yes followers with this deadly misconception.

It's quite unfortunate that only you hold this revised opinion and your attempt to juxtapose facts with personal impression is ridiculous and holds no water.
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by jpphilips(m): 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ngwakwe:

We are not on campaign ground for you to feed your oh' yes followers with this deadly misconception.

It's quite unfortunate that only you hold this revised opinion and your attempt to juxtapose facts with personal impression is ridiculous and holds no water.

It is not the design of your brain to view events beyond the mustache of your daily bread, Yes I may be the only one with that opinion, but have you bothered to find out what it takes to have an opinion like that?
Re: Nigeria’s Actions Seem To Contain Ebola Outbreak -New York Times by Pataki: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
jpphilips:

It is not the design of your brain to view events beyond the mustache of your daily bread, Yes I may be the only one with that opinion, but have you bothered to find out what it takes to have an opinion like that?

Hahaha.....how dare you address our 'Mr. Fallen Angel' in such a derogatory manner! I have long since stopped taking that dude serious. His case is a disgrace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor / Physically Challenged Man Constructs Wheelchair Pickup Van For His Business / Fallen Tree Kills Woman, Injures 10 Others In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.