Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? (2996 Views)

7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday / Mimiko, Fayose, Others Absent At PDP Govs Meeting With Jonathan / Buhari Absent At APC Rally In London- Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by chronique(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
I like your sacarsm...
cocoberry: Like seriously! Do u know him dis well? My opinion, I think he is just a shy guy.

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Trailblazer1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
This act of disregard to national duties by Aminu Tambuwal deserves impeachment.

Who does he even think he is?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Symphony007: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
He owes nobody any explanation for not attending the never ending jamborees that the executive puts together, nigeria is the only country I have seen where the entire federal government meets probably every month for one nonsense or the other, one, it is very dangerous, if a terrorist attack materializes in one of this venues we're gonna have a constitutional crisis, second, the blurs the line between the three arms of government, imagine the chief judge of the federation attending jonathan's two years in office forum, what is her buisness there? The entire u.s govt only meets once in a year and that's during the state of the union address. Aminu tambuwal does his job as speaker of the house and has never failed to attend a council of state meeting, that is what he was elected for so he owes no one an apology or explanation.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by beejaay: 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Symphony007: He owes nobody any explanation for not attending the never ending jamborees that the executive puts together, nigeria is the only country I have seen where the entire federal government meets probably every month for one nonsense or the other, one, it is very dangerous, if a terrorist attack materializes in one of this venues we're gonna have a constitutional crisis, second, the blurs the line between the three arms of government, imagine the chief judge of the federation attending jonathan's two years in office forum, what is her buisness there? The entire u.s govt only meets once in a year and that's during the state of the union address. Aminu tambuwal does his job as speaker of the house and has never failed to attend a council of state meeting, that is what he was elected for so he owes no one an apology or explanation.

you really got me thinking in another viable direction and i concur with you. god for bid a terrorist attack materialize at such a function, it will be too disastrous for the country, the country will be thrown into leadership crisis which we aint prepared for.

I think attendance should be limited to those concerned only
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Joy83(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Symphony007: He owes nobody any explanation for not attending the never ending jamborees that the executive puts together, nigeria is the only country I have seen where the entire federal government meets probably every month for one nonsense or the other, one, it is very dangerous, if a terrorist attack materializes in one of this venues we're gonna have a constitutional crisis, second, the blurs the line between the three arms of government, imagine the chief judge of the federation attending jonathan's two years in office forum, what is her buisness there? The entire u.s govt only meets once in a year and that's during the state of the union address. Aminu tambuwal does his job as speaker of the house and has never failed to attend a council of state meeting, that is what he was elected for so he owes no one an apology or explanation.
You have just said nothing in relation to the topic. Try to put sentiment apart and address issue accordingly. In fact, you are somehow outdated.
If you are conversant with what is going on at the house of rep, he is not always punctual, being represented by his deputy always every time in a recent.
As a number citizen of a country, there are some occasions that he will need to respect the wishes of the people to elect by attending functions that concern Nigeria. Even if it is just to see his face only, that people can say, that is my speaker.

That's why I always like Sen David Mark, despite his accomplishment(served as military governor and more than 8 years as senator, compare to newcomer Aminu Tambuwal), David Mark will always be present in issues concerning Nigerians. During Doctors strike, ASUU strike, national award ceremony, and the like, he was always there to represent Nigeria even with smiling face as if all is well.
Maybe, maturity and sense of responsibility is affecting Tambuwal sha.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by chacoonder(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
APContherun:
No dem no dey mark register there but people dey take attendance with dem eyes and brain.
Tell me what is patroitic with constantly dodging national functions orgaised by a govt of which you are a high ranking member. He may have issues with some other members but should he allow that to affect his relationship with national functions?
...because he knows that majority of those functions are politically motivated and not done in the interest of the people.Hence,his absence.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by homesteady(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
sometimes I even mistake Emeka Ihedioha as the speaker! Almost every time that they show the house of reps, it is Emeka that is presiding over the sitting!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by vicmela(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
He traveled to where nobody knows
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Joy83(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
chacoonder: ...because he knows that majority of those functions are politically motivated and not done in the interest of the people.Hence,his absence.
See yourself the kind of comment you are making. If those functions are politically motivated, is he not a politician again elected by people He should stop occupying a position without function... That's deception from him to his people. He claims to be representing them, whereas he is just there collecting his allowance, and thereafter performing no duty he is paying for.
If he can't do it as a politician again, let him resign and give another person chance to act. You can't claim not to be part of them and still enjoying the honours and financial benefit of being part of them.

God bless Nigeria/Nigerians!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Joy83(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
homesteady: sometimes I even mistake Emeka Ihedioha as the speaker! Almost every time that they show the house of reps, it is Emeka that is presiding over the sitting!
That's just the fact... Imagine, apart from other functions necessary, at the house of rep sittings, mostly represented by the deputy speaker Emeka Ihedioha. I like Emeka as well, just be smiling small small.
You are mostly absent and yet enjoying all the benefits Number 4 citizen as the speaker suppose to get... That's unfair!!!
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by gymer(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Trailblazer1: This act of disregard to national duties by Aminu Tambuwal deserves impeachment.

Who does he even think he is?

Even our progressive lawyers such as Falana should sue this guy for his constant boycott of National duties while enjoying the pecks of the office. He is a coward to hold on to the speakership position when his mind is actually with the opposition.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Symphony007: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joy83:
You have just said nothing in relation to the topic. Try to put sentiment apart and address issue accordingly. In fact, you are somehow outdated.
If you are conversant with what is going on at the house of rep, he is not always punctual, being represented by his deputy always every time in a recent.
As a number citizen of a country, there are some occasions that he will need to respect the wishes of the people to elect by attending functions that concern Nigeria. Even if it is just to see his face only, that people can say, that is my speaker.

That's why I always like Sen David Mark, despite his accomplishment(served as military governor and more than 8 years as senator, compare to newcomer Aminu Tambuwal), David Mark will always be present in issues concerning Nigerians. During Doctors strike, ASUU strike, national award ceremony, and the like, he was always there to represent Nigeria even with smiling face as if all is well.
very funny!! Go check national assembly records, david mark has been away from his job much longer than tambuwal, at times a full month. Tambuwal has no explanation for not being at any event the executive organises, so far as it does not negate his duties. For christ sake david mark is a partisan hack, he goes around the country campaigning with jonathan and bashing the party of a minority of the members of the house he presides over, funny enough, he was even at the kano campaign a day after the bombings which jonathan was criticised for! Once again tambuwal does his job as house speaker, has never missed a council of state meeting and attends state get togethers when he can, e.g nigeria centenary dinner and award night when he can't attend others, it's no one's buisness.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
The question that comes to mind is:

Is it compulsory that he attends those functions.
If he doesn't attend any, is that against the constitution of the country.
We should all stop been sentimental about issues and face the facts according to the dictates of the constitution.
If he has not been performing his duties effectively then we can start talking. Or is attending those functions part of his duties.

The fact is that, no matter how you cry or shout, since he's a public officer, you can only question him for not doing what's constitutionally right.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joy83:

So, because David mark attends functions, you now like him more abi.

Come to think of it, is attending a function by the government a compulsory duty that the speaker must partake in.

If not, to hell with your liking of David Mark or not.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by homesteady(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
Symphony007: very funny!! Go check national assembly records, david mark has been away from his job much longer than tambuwal, at times a full month. Tambuwal has no explanation for not being at any event the executive organises, so far as it does not negate his duties. For christ sake david mark is a partisan hack, he goes around the country campaigning with jonathan and bashing the party of a minority of the members of the house he presides over, funny enough, he was even at the kano campaign a day after the bombings which jonathan was criticised for! Once again tambuwal does his job as house speaker, has never missed a council of state meeting and attends state get togethers when he can, e.g nigeria centenary dinner and award night when he can't attend others, it's no one's buisness.
is presiding over the reps meetings not his main job? why is he always absent?
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by homesteady(m): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
ShehuAba:

So, because David mark attends functions, you now like him more abi.

Come to think of it, is attending a function by the government a compulsory duty that the speaker must partake in.

If not, to hell with your liking of David Mark or not.
if your sibling is celebrating something like marriage, is it compulsory for you to attend?
but is it not morally right for you to attend?
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Ayomi088(m): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
no be by force na
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Symphony007: 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
homesteady:
is presiding over the reps meetings not his main job? why is he always absent?
he is not always absent, he is absent at times just like every human on earth who holds an official position, that's why we have a deputy speaker,deputy senate president, vice president,etc...
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by homesteady(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Symphony007: he is not always absent, he is absent at times just like every human on earth who holds an official position, that's why we have a deputy speaker,deputy senate president, vice president,etc...

I thought I was the only one who noticed it recently, until I saw this thread today!
for like 2 months now, anytime they show the house of reps session, Emeka is always heading the meeting!
it came to my full notice especially during the session where the reps where talking about the $20,000 bribe shared to PDP reps to cover up the $9 billion issue!

then the reps held another session and Emeka still led the meeting!
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by chronique(m): 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Your dp reminds me of someone I used to know. She goes by the name Dupe.
cocoberry: Like seriously! Do u know him dis well? My opinion, I think he is just a shy guy.

Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
homesteady:
if your sibling is celebrating something like marriage, is it compulsory for you to attend?
but is it not morally right for you to attend?

That's my sibling and I will be judged by what is morally right first, in fact I can be punished in that regards, for going against that.

But as a public official, I can only be judged/ penalized for what's constitutionally right. If the president or any other person is celebrating and I didn't go there. No one CAN punish/ penalize me for that.

So, let's judge Tambuwal by what's constitutionally right and not otherwise.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Joy83(m): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Another live program is on now, "Special Independence Anniversary Celebration Dinner", where dignitaries ranging from president, vice president, senate president, deputy speaker house of rep, and many more.
Unfortunately, Speaker Tambuwal is absent again!!!
What is really going on. There can't be any reasonable justification for his absence.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joy83: Another live program is on now, "Special Independence Anniversary Celebration Dinner", where dignitaries ranging from president, vice president, senate president, deputy speaker house of rep, and many more.
Unfortunately, Speaker Tambuwal is absent again!!!
What is really going on. There can't be any reasonable justification for his absence.

Mr man, stop been sentimental and face the facts. Is it compulsory for him as a speaker to be there constitutionally. If not, to hell with GEJ, and his wasteful celebrations.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by manck2: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
because all of them can not be there at the same time for security reason. If they shoot the other.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Kingspin(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Sometimes, i laugh at what some politicians sees as maturity.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Joy83(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
ShehuAba:

Mr man, stop been sentimental and face the facts. Is it compulsory for him as a speaker to be there constitutionally. If not, to hell with GEJ, and his wasteful celebrations.
Okay... It is well with Nigeria!
I wish you know the interpretation of this nationally and internationally,
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Rockyheight: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
The Speaker is APC, he can't be going to PDP organised functions, National or otherwise. But he doesn't want to openly declear for APC just yet because if he does he will lose all the perks of office.APC is a. Minority in the house and a minority can not present the speaker. The selfish guy is stalling he will soon declear his ambition to contest as gov in sokoto under APC by then he will have no choice than to leave his present office. PDP is patiently waiting for him to make his move.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joy83:
God bless Nigeria!

What interpretation is it nationally or internationally except the one you're giving to it.
You're making it seem as though, if he's not there Nigeria won't progress.

You didn't even give him, the benefit of the doubt maybe he's not in town or some other important excuses.

What if he has informed the President aforehand, and let him know why he won't be there.

You just came to a conclusion that, he's not doing this or that bla bla bla.

Sometimes, we let sentiment guide us and we discuss matters that can't add/subtract from Nigeria's development.

Whether Tambuwal attends functions or not, it's none of anybody's business in as much as he's not going against the constitution.
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joy83:
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Joy83(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
ShehuAba:

Sometimes, we let sentiment guide us and we discuss matters that can't add/subtract from Nigeria's development.

Whether Tambuwal attends functions or not, it's none of anybody's business in as much as he's not going against the constitution.
Okay..... Noted! Tambuwal loyalist
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 02, 2014
Its no secret he is in APC already. If je defects now, he loses his seat as speaker. He is only waiting to see if APC decides to give him the presidential ticket. Else, he will run for Governor in Sokoto still under APC.

He knows he will lose his relevance if he joins APC at this time. But he will join them closer to the elections
Re: Why Is The Speaker Of The House Of Reps Always Absent At National Functions? by ShehuAba(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Joy83:
Okay..... Noted! Tambuwal loyalist

Oga, it's not about loyalist or not. I don't have any affiliation whatsoever with him, and even if he declares for presidency, I don't see me supporting him.

But, Truth must be told at all times, no matter what, who, and how.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Are ONLY Two Sets Of People Who Hate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) / Governor Akpabio Named In Shady Possession Of St-kitts And Nevis Passport / Buhari Is Weak: He Will Not Change His Attitude. - IBB.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.