Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? (4063 Views)

Medical School In Unizik And Unn, Which Do U Prefer? / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. / Oau Or Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
I'm presently at a point where I'm at sea on which of these two Institutions offer the best in the study of Law and I sincerely need suggestions from all...Which of these two would you choose if you were to study law,which is more competent?
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by christejames(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
If you want to attend any of those schools base on achievement i think UNN has an edge over OAU. UNN has produced prolific lawyers/barristers since ages (her law faculty is the first in the country). I'm not trying to write off the OAU though. Just go and start preparing for jamb cause the two schools are very competitive in terms of admission. Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Unn is good

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Unn all the way

2 Likes

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Law is a professional course and it's not about the school attended but what you got to offer.

Whether you attended Absu, Lasu, Eksu, Delsu etc. It's all about your boldness in the court of Law.

Atleast, na same Law school una go attend and na same textbook una use.smiley

3 Likes

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
UNN....case closed!

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Like FrancisTony said,Law is not about the school you attended....Law is about what you have to offer,and how smart and intelligent you are!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by papindinho(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Just three schools, OAU, UNN and U.I be the steel you wish to melt..... Tough schools but possible ones. Any choice is good... All the best.

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by nuelzy: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
UNN is inconsequential and can be unprecedented in raising a less pusillanimous legal practioner...oooooh #in olu jacob's voice# and OAU has mentally deracinated psychos as lecturers in d law faculty...couldnt have thought u could make matches dis bad..why not try MASU... "mgboli akposu university" @ umuara izaah north...u are gonna top ur game dere..trust me

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
nuelzy:
UNN is inconsequential and can be unprecedented in raising a less pusillanimous legal practioner...oooooh #in olu jacob's voice# and OAU has mentally deracinated psychos as lecturers in d law faculty...couldnt have thought u could make matches dis bad..why not try MASU... "mgboli akposu university" @ umuara izaah north...u are gonna top ur game dere..trust me
Abeg,shey you dey okay?
Na question I ask.
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by davidchuks89(m): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
CALL Mr. DAVID ON; 08162558764 IF YOU NEED HELP FOR YOUR ADMISSION PROCESSING.
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by nuelzy: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Odilafta:

Abeg,shey you dey okay?
Na question I ask.
when last did ur generation buried an elder??..jez a question
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
nuelzy:
when last did ur generation buried an elder??..jez a question
Take your pills but not on my thread.
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by nuelzy: 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
Odilafta:

Take your pills but not on my thread.
and now he calls this a thread...i only see an undecisive bloke seeking for a free tuition..now who needs a pill?..flush abeg
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
nuelzy:
and now he calls this a thread...i only see an undecisive bloke seeking for a free tuition..now who needs a pill?..flush abeg
Swerve angry
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by smallJagaban: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
IN NIGERIA TODAY, OAU, UNILAG ARE THE UNIVERSITIES WITH BEST FACULTY OF LAW.

PRESENTLY, OAU FACULTY OF LAW IS REPRESENTING THE WHOLE OF AFRICA (UNIVERSITIES ) IN CANADA...

IN JUST RECENTLY CONCLUDED COMPETITION AMONG THE FACULTIES OF LAW IN NIGERIA

UNILAG CAME 1ST WITH 84 POINTS

OAU CAME 2ND WITH 83 POINTS.

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL AND CHECK THE RECORD OF THE GRADUATES OF BOTH UNIVERSITIES

#UNN IS BELOW THE BELT

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
smallJagaban:

PRESENTLY, OAU FACULTY OF LAW IS REPRESENTING THE WHOLE OF AFRICA (UNIVERSITIES ) IN CANADA...

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL AND CHECK THE RECORD OF THE GRADUATES OF BOTH UNIVERSITIES

#UNN IS BELOW THE BELT
The same OAU law faculty who were defeated by UI law faculty durin the Moot and Mock Competition held in honour of Bamidele Aturu?WoooooW
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
smallJagaban:

#UNN IS BELOW THE BELT

how does this competition prevent unn from being a great citadel for law?

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by smallJagaban: 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Taylor184:
The same OAU law faculty who were defeated by UI law faculty durin the Moot and Mock Competition held in honour of Bamidele Aturu?WoooooW

UI FACULTY OF LAW IS NOTHING TO OAU FACULTY OF LAW. WHEN IT COMES TO MEDICINE, THAT'S WHERE UI CAN HAVE A TALK OR LEAD. IN THIS JUST CONCLUDED COMPETITION , OAU DEFEATED UI, UNN ,UNILAG (AT THE GROUP STAGE ). OAU EASILY OUTRAN UNN WITH EASE. LUCK ON UNILAG SIDE MET OAU IN THE FINAL AND UNILAG WON OAU WITH A POINT. IN THE COMPETITION ONE OF OAU REPRESENTATIVES WASN'T ALLOWED TO ROLL OUT HER POINT...............

PRESENTLY, OAU FACULTY OF LAW REPRESNTATIVES ARE IN CANADA REPRESENTING THE WHOLE OF AFRICA ..

BEST FACULTY OF LAW IN NIGERIA :
UNILAG, OAU.......

#UNILAG AND OAU FACULTY OF LAW DO SHARE /USE THE SAME LECTURERS. SOME LECTURERS THAT ARE PRODUCT OF OAU/HAVE LECTURED IN OAU, ARE PRESENTLY LECTURING IN UNILAG
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by smallJagaban: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

how does this competition prevent unn from being a great citadel for law?

UNN IS NOTHING IN COMPARISON WITH OAU. UNN IS TOTALLY BELOW THE BELT IRRESPECTIVE OF COMPETITION.
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
smallJagaban:

UNN IS NOTHING IN COMPARISON WITH OAU. UNN IS TOTALLY BELOW THE BELT IRRESPECTIVE OF COMPETITION.

Keep dreaming.
As if there is any school that has produced more technocrats than unn

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
smallJagaban:

UI FACULTY OF LAW IS NOTHING TO OAU FACULTY OF LAW. WHEN IT COMES TO MEDICINE, THAT'S WHERE UI CAN HAVE A TALK OR LEAD. IN THIS JUST CONCLUDED COMPETITION , OAU DEFEATED UI, UNN ,UNILAG (AT THE GROUP STAGE ). OAU EASILY OUTRAN UNN WITH EASE. LUCK ON UNILAG SIDE MET OAU IN THE FINAL AND UNILAG WON OAU WITH A POINT. IN THE COMPETITION ONE OF OAU REPRESENTATIVES WASN'T ALLOWED TO ROLL OUT HER POINT...............

PRESENTLY, OAU FACULTY OF LAW REPRESNTATIVES ARE IN CANADA REPRESENTING THE WHOLE OF AFRICA ..

BEST FACULTY OF LAW IN NIGERIA :
UNILAG, OAU.......

#UNILAG AND OAU FACULTY OF LAW DO SHARE /USE THE SAME LECTURERS. SOME LECTURERS THAT ARE PRODUCT OF OAU/HAVE LECTURED IN OAU, ARE PRESENTLY LECTURING IN UNILAG
Bro,i didnt ask for a story...And if OAU is representing the whole of Africa(which according to you means OAU is the best),my question is,UI was not supposed to defeat them,so what happend?
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by PrinceMario(m): 12:03am On Oct 05, 2014
See comparison. OAU faculty of law is second to none in Nigeria. Don't dare it if u can't read though. They go to law school each year to outshine students from other schools. I will advice u choose Unilag if u Don't dim OAU fit. Admission is damn competitive in OAU.
in the field of law,know Nigeria university have produced notable lawyer (human right activist ) than great ife. Even the late Bamidele Aturu is a great ife.
Law has alot to do with the school one attend.
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by smallJagaban: 12:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Taylor184:
Bro,i didnt ask for a story...And if OAU is representing the whole of Africa(which according to you means OAU is the best),my question is,UI was not supposed to defeat them,so what happend?

NOT ALL COMPETITION MEANT TO BE WON. NOBODY IS A STRONGHOLD FOR KNOWLEDGE.

THE REASON FOR ME STORY IS THAT UNIVERSITIES WITH BEST FACULTY OF LAW IS UNILAG / OAU

1 Like

Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 05, 2014
smallJagaban:

NOT ALL COMPETITION MEANT TO BE WON. NOBODY IS A STRONGHOLD FOR KNOWLEDGE.

THE REASON FOR ME STORY IS THAT UNIVERSITIES WITH BEST FACULTY OF LAW IS UNILAG / OAU
Alright...
Now,my former Dean Prof Bamigbose got her LLB from Great Ife,Im not disputin the fact that OAU has a very sound faculty of law,however my question again is,can you produce any evidence to back up your claim that OAU and UNILAG are the best in Nigeria,probably a ranking by a recognised authority!!!Evidence annuls argument

And btw,are you a law student bro?
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2014
PrinceMario:
See comparison. OAU faculty of law is second to none in Nigeria. Don't dare it if u can't read though. They go to law school each year to outshine students from other schools. I will advice u choose Unilag if u Don't dim OAU fit. Admission is damn competitive in OAU.
in the field of law,know Nigeria university have produced notable lawyer (human right activist ) than great ife. Even the late Bamidele Aturu is a great ife.
Law has alot to do with the school one attend.
What a myopic way of thinking!!!Law has alot more to do with your personal development and hardwork.The fact that someone graduated from OAU,UI,UNILAG,UNIBEN etc does not make them a better lawyer than someone who graduated from a less recognised University in Nigeria...
Bamidele Aturu(RIP),graduated from OAU,but he moved beyond the frontiers of the legal profession,and that was what mainly helped him,not the fact that he studied in OAU...

All the same,I love OAU to the core grin grin
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by smallJagaban: 7:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Taylor184:
Alright...
Now,my former Dean Prof Bamigbose got her LLB from Great Ife,Im not disputin the fact that OAU has a very sound faculty of law,however my question again is,can you produce any evidence to back up your claim that OAU and UNILAG are the best in Nigeria,probably a ranking by a recognised authority!!!Evidence annuls argument

And btw,are you a law student bro?

I HAVE EVIDENCE BUT I CAN'T GO MUCH DEEPER........I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO. GO TO NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL AND ASK ABOUT THE UNIVERSITIES THAT ARE ALWAYS PERFORM EXCELLENTLY YEAR IN ,YEAR OUT.

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE ENQUIRY FROM YOUR SENIOR LEARNED IN..............

#I AM A LAW STUDENT
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
smallJagaban:

I HAVE EVIDENCE BUT I CAN'T GO MUCH DEEPER........I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO. GO TO NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL AND ASK ABOUT THE UNIVERSITIES THAT ARE ALWAYS PERFORM EXCELLENTLY YEAR IN ,YEAR OUT.

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE ENQUIRY FROM YOUR SENIOR LEARNED IN..............

#I AM A LAW STUDENT
ok...

Alright bro
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by PrinceMario(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Taylor184:
What a myopic way of thinking!!!Law has alot more to do with your personal development and hardwork.The fact that someone graduated from OAU,UI,UNILAG,UNIBEN etc does not make them a better lawyer than someone who graduated from a less recognised University in Nigeria...
Bamidele Aturu(RIP),graduated from OAU,but he moved beyond the frontiers of the legal profession,and that was what mainly helped him,not the fact that he studied in OAU...

All the same,I love OAU to the core grin grin
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 18, 2014
AAU number one in africa
Re: OAU Or UNN,which Is The Best For Law? by Odunukwe30: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Law students lend me your ears. A good project, thesis material is hard to get in this law faculty
just saw this with good cases citations and other lots
Law students in the house; whether undergraduate or postgraduate this is fashioned for your view. Non law students it is time to get learned.
Political Parties and the Right to Choose Candidates -the Nigerian Experience
click..
http://uniprojectsearch.com/political-part…ian-experience/

(1) (Reply)

Cultists Behead Students, Use Heads As Goalposts / Top 10 Lucrative Courses In Nigeria / JAMB CAPS Admission Status Guidelines:meaning Of Accepted, Not Admitted And REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.