Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? (1672 Views)

Pastor Turns Woman’s Hair Into ‘Delicious Food’ And Worshippers Eat It (Photos) / Where Do Black People Come From If Adam And Eve Were White...? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Come to think of it,If Adam and Eve were obedient and didn't eat the fruit, one day one of their children or grandchildren would definitely eat it and there is no way a whole population would avoid a tree and not try to taste it one day. undecided

This brings about another question.
God knows the fallible nature of man,why would he plant such tree at the garden. Even If Adam and Eve showed their love to God by not eating the fruit,WOULD THAT STOP ANY OF THEIR DESCENDANTS FROM EATING IT?

SO What's now the purpose of the tree? Is it a filter for God to separate those who love him from those who don't.

It seems like an ordinary story to me,because that tree doesn't seem to make any sense to me. undecided

If it makes any sense to you please tell me.

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by klem93(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
they wont have children, cause is when they ate adam realise eve has been naked since.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by henrychubayo: 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
The tree make a sense to me. Atleast if not for any reason, God wanted them to obey him as their creator. Remember that he did not create Adam and Eve as robots, but he give them a free will. What these means is that God wanted to know if without any influence Adam and Eve can Obey and love him just like he did to them. How can u show u love God, nothing more than to obey him and keep his commands. The children of Adam may not take the fruit from the tree to eat if their parents did not. Remember that they would have been perfect, they won't act on mistake but on choice. But the example of their parents would have help them obey as well. Remember that for the love of God, he may not have keep they law for so long. If Adam and eve to an extent did display obedience, he would have seen their love for him and ask them to start eaten everything. The tree in itself is not bad but God wanted to use it to test their loyalty to him.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by EagleNest(m): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Well, when simple instruction is not adhered to, it often lead to disaster.
God lost nothing per se but Adam (and rest of mankind) simply lost dominion of the earth.
It was a palace coup and Satan has taken dominion and since then has been the ruler of this present world.
John 14:30 'I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me'.
Jesus Christ came and laid the foundation to salvation and restoration of the kingdom but only to those who believes His gospel 'which is yet another simple instruction' like the one OP mentioned in Genesis.
Jesus will come again for the harvest and final restoration of kingdom after the present ruler is dethroned and taken off the scene by Christ.
John 12:31 'Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out'[b][/b]
Does it make sense to you now?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
henrychubayo: The tree make a sense to me. Atleast if not for any reason, God wanted them to obey him as their creator. Remember that he did not create Adam and Eve as robots, but he give them a free will. What these means is that God wanted to know if without any influence Adam and Eve can Obey and love him just like he did to them. How can u show u love God, nothing more than to obey him and keep his commands. The children of Adam may not take the fruit from the tree to eat if their parents did not. Remember that they would have been perfect, they won't act on mistake but on choice. But the example of their parents would have help them obey as well. Remember that for the love of God, he may not have keep they law for so long. If Adam and eve to an extent did display obedience, he would have seen their love for him and ask them to start eaten everything. The tree in itself is not bad but God wanted to use it to test their loyalty to him.

Hey Mr I don't believe What you said about children doing something because their parents are doing it. My parents have some certain beliefs that I don't, like giving out something with the left hand,They believe It's a bad habit But I don't believe there is anything wrong with giving out something with the left hand and I do it a lot without realizing it.

So the argument that Adam and Eve would have set an example for the children is a false argument, there would surely be curious children who would conspire to eat that fruit one day.

And how long did you think it took before the serpent tempted Eve ? How do you know God would change his mind and decide that They should eat everything? Remember God is not man that he would change, So the chances that God would change his mind due to their obedience is zero,capital ZERO!
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
EagleNest: Well, when simple instruction is not adhered to, it often lead to disaster.
God lost nothing per se but Adam (and rest of mankind) simply lost dominion of the earth.
It was a palace coup and Satan has taken dominion and since then has been the ruler of this present world.
John 14:30 'I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me'.
Jesus Christ came and laid the foundation to salvation and restoration of the kingdom but only to those who believes His gospel 'which is yet another simple instruction' like the one OP mentioned in Genesis.
Jesus will come again for the harvest and final restoration of kingdom after the present ruler is dethroned and taken off the scene by Christ.
John 12:31 'Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out'[b][/b]
Does it make sense to you now?

Are you sure u read the OP? My point is that If assuming Adam and Eve obeyed throughout their lives in the garden, a day would come some curious descendants of Adam would want to taste from the mysterious tree that their forefathers avoided,So What's now the point of having the tree there? Since there is every chance that one day any of Adam's descendants would be curious and eat the fruit. undecided
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by asalimpo(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Either Hell was part of d plan all along. Or man wudve been brought to a level where he wouldnt sin.
God was training adam in the garden but Adam also had free will.
There were other trees there like the tree of Life which wud imbue the eater with eternal life.
And the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil.
By sayg don't touch - Adam was to learn reverence and respect.
Remember adam had no parents or ancestors or previous experiences to draw from. He had to learn it first hand.
"This belongs to Daddy, dont touch it".
If he had learnt the lesson,he'd have been promoted - mayb to eating it. But not b4 the time.
E.g adam got a wife after He learnt to work .
I think God's plan was to train man thru stages until man was mature then at maturity in d process man wud b too grown up to sin . Then mans children wud b mature too. Sin wudnt b an issue just advancing in God. Just like some students arent thinking of failing an exam but how to get the highest marks possible.
Again, sin or satan wasnt the issue.
But maturity. Being a fully manifested Son of God.
Jesus manifested this when He came as a man, lived a lifetime without sinning.
Kicked satan's azz like there is no tomorrow and went back to heaven.
Looking at Jesus on earth, you see certain things. He excelled @ everything. He handled all life's challenges masterfully.
His words were so on point he could b quoted . Nothing like "this one is off the camera/record".
Jesus wasnt thinkg of if he'll b strong enuff to resist slapping one of them pesky pharisees.
You know those guys really got under his skin.
Or pocketg money from the synagogue collection.
When the soldiers mocked him he did'nt threaten them , "dyu know who you're talkg to?"
Try slapping ur state gov and see hell break loose.

I think its more of two than one.

Sin wasn't d issue like how to survive isnt d goal of a billionaire.
But full actualization. Greater glory. Becomng Sons of God.
Walkg on water. Stilling storms.
Raising deads . Creating life by merely speakg etc
I cud b wrong though. This is my take.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by oluwalfa: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Africans
SMDH
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
asalimpo: Either Hell was part of d plan all along. Or man wudve been brought to a level where he wouldnt sin.
God was training adam in the garden but Adam also had free will.
There were other trees there like the tree of Life which wud imbue the eater with eternal life.
And the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil.
By sayg don't touch - Adam was to learn reverence and respect.
Remember adam had no parents or ancestors or previous experiences to draw from. He had to learn it first hand.
"This belongs to Daddy, dont touch it".
If he had learnt the lesson,he'd have been promoted - mayb to eating it. But not b4 the time.
E.g adam got a wife after He learnt to work .
I think God's plan was to train man thru stages until man was mature then at maturity in d process man wud b too grown up to sin . Then mans children wud b mature too. Sin wudnt b an issue just advancing in God. Just like some students arent thinking of failing an exam but how to get the highest marks possible.
Again, sin or satan wasnt the issue.
But maturity. Being a fully manifested Son of God.
Jesus manifested this when He came as a man, lived a lifetime without sinning.
Kicked satan's azz like there is no tomorrow and went back to heaven.
Looking at Jesus on earth, you see certain things. He excelled @ everything. He handled all life's challenges masterfully.
His words were so on point he could b quoted . Nothing like "this one is off the camera/record".
Jesus wasnt thinkg of if he'll b strong enuff to resist slapping one of them pesky pharisees.
You know those guys really got under his skin.
Or pocketg money from the synagogue collection.
When the soldiers mocked him he did'nt threaten them , "dyu know who you're talkg to?"
Try slapping ur state gov and see hell break loose.

I think its more of two than one.

Sin wasn't d issue like how to survive isnt d goal of a billionaire.
But full actualization. Greater glory. Becomng Sons of God.
Walkg on water. Stilling storms.
Raising deads . Creating life by merely speakg etc
I cud b wrong though. This is my take.

Haha, you guys are clowns. Adam got a wife after he worked and pleased God?

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
klem93: they wont have children, cause is when they ate adam realise eve has been naked since.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank God for the fruit, if not by now we for still dey follow women play ten-ten. On the other hand, if we hadn't eaten the fruit, girls for still dey use bare-chest waka (even though we for no appreciate dem)
What an irony, b4 eating the fruit Eve was nak'ed but Adam wasn't 'equipped' to enjoy it, when he now ate the fruit and became wise, God went and made clothes for Eve.
Thus the quandary is; would you rather have something valuable and be unaware of its worth, or be deprived of something, being fully aware of its value?
Philosophers dem, wey una? grin
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackStallion:
Thank God for the fruit, if not by now we for still dey follow women play ten-ten. On the other hand, if we hadn't eaten the fruit, girls for still dey use bare-chest waka (even though we for no appreciate dem)
What an irony, b4 eating the fruit Eve was nak'ed but Adam wasn't 'equipped' to enjoy it, when he now ate the fruit and became wise, God went and made clothes for Eve.
Thus the quandary is; would you rather have something valuable and be unaware of its worth, or be deprived of something, being fully aware of its value?

The Bible is a silly book.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
sonOfLucifer: The Bible is a silly book.
But it's a good read yeah? All those accounts of men ripping lions in half and bringing down pillars with their bare hands. Fascinating.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackStallion:
But it's a good read yeah? All those accounts of men ripping lions in half and bringing down pillars with their bare hands. Fascinating.
Harry Potter is a better read. The good guy wins in the end and no one gets sent to an everlasting fire.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
klem93: they wont have children, cause is when they ate adam realise eve has been naked since.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ahahahahahahhahaha *falls down from palm tree* guy you bad o choi!!!!!
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by asalimpo(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
silly. God commanded man to b fruitful and populate the earth. From the beginning.
In otherwords ppl like u say, if adam ddnt sin by eating d forbidden fruit, he wouldnt hav copulated with his wife and had children!
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Harry Potter is a better read. The good guy wins in the end and no one gets sent to an everlasting fire.
But i hear hell isn't all that bad once you can get past the heat, and at least this way lucifer gets to be king of the mountain. I think it's a win-win situation all round
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by asalimpo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackStallion:

adam bcame self conscious.
He and Eve also bcame afraid .
Adam and eve had a different perception of things after sin than they had bf sin.
Adam and eve also bcame ruled by their intellect independent of God. As seen by the solution to their nudity problem (sew figs to cover up). Man's solution was inferior (God made cloth out of animal skin for them).
Man became his own solution provider.
Y did man operate in this state because he was no more in God.
Before man cud look at d nud.ity of d opposite s.ex without impure desire but not anymore (wel.com p.or.n,adultery and so on).
All this was lost.

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by asalimpo(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
hifaif:

Haha, you guys are clowns. Adam got a wife after he worked and pleased God?

exactly. Adam got a wife wen he wash mature enuff to handle tht gift (and responsibility) . And the road to qualification was by learng how to do d 9 to 5.
The wife was a gift and a promotion.
Even in todays world, marraige is for adults . Income earning men.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by davien(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
"adam and eve" are jewish mythologies.....
you've got to be ignorant of biology to believe two individuals can populate a species....
Irrespective of that i doubt you understand that
"everything god made,god saw to be good" therefore an "evil tree" of no-good is illogical....
Also did "adam" swim and hold his breathe to name a sea anenome or spider-crab?
Also of what good is "man" on earth when "man" was supposedly meant to be in "gods image"...."god" supposedly lives in heaven so why should its "image" be any different?
Also please explain what the rest of the billions of stars...billions of galaxies....billions of planets,moons,asteroids are for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Kei144(m): 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ex. 3:18 “The elders of Israel will listen to you. Then you and the elders are to go to the king of Egypt and say to him, ‘The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. Let us take a three-day journey into the desert to offer sacrifices to the LORD our God.’

From the moment that God breathed into Adam the breath of life (Gen 2:7), it would have taken a period of three years for him (and Eve) to be filled with all the fulness of God. They would have reached the glorified state in which Jesus Christ is today. They would have born their children after they entered glory; so, it would have been impossible for Satan to tempt them and their children.

He. 10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;
He. 10:6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased.
He. 10:7 Then I said, `Here I am — it is written about me in the scroll — I have come to do your will, O God.’“

God formed a new man (Adam) in the womb of Virgin Mary and overshadowed him by His Spirit. God later breathed into him His Spirit, during baptism in River Jordan. Satan immediately went into action, because from this point onwards the new son of God will begin to grow in divine nature and mature into fullness of God within a period of three years. Satan tempted and tempted the new man to follow the way of Satan, but the new man (Jesus Christ) rebuffed Satan's temptations. At the close of the three years, the new man had to fulfill the purpose for which God brought him into the world. God did not bring the new man into the world to replace the old man, but rather to recover the old man. And the way to carry out this recovery was to offer himself as a sacrifice of atonement for the old man's deliberate acceptance of the spirit of Satan. The new man willingly laid down his life out of love and thereby created a way for the old man to get back to God and be saved from the spirit of Satan.

https://www.nairaland.com/1925864/time-overcome-him
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by pesty100(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
henrychubayo: , he would have seen their love for him and ask them to start eaten everything. The tree in itself is not bad but God wanted to use it to test their loyalty to him.
you re the one saying so not the bilble
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by asalimpo(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackStallion:
it's either a silly book of illogical fantasies or a book about illogically awesome but true happenings.
If it is a silly book then stupidity shud line its core like a vein.
But this isnt so.
The principles espoused in this ancient book hav not yet been irrelevant in any human society.
Call that silly!
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
davien: "adam and eve" are jewish mythologies.....
you've got to be ignorant of biology to believe two individuals can populate a species....
Irrespective of that i doubt you understand that
"everything god made,god saw to be good" therefore an "evil tree" of no-good is illogical....
Also did "adam" swim and hold his breathe to name a sea anenome or spider-crab?
Also of what good is "man" on earth when "man" was supposedly meant to be in "gods image"...."god" supposedly lives in heaven so why should its "image" be any different?
Also please explain what the rest of the billions of stars...billions of galaxies....billions of planets,moons,asteroids are for

You have said it all. What about the animals yet to be discovered, God revealed those animals to Adam in his dream for a naming ceremony that no other person knows of. Lol

Each time I read the Bible I get more convinced that the stories are fabrications.
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by seankay(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
I trust dat Cain guy, he would have finished all the fruits on the tree of life

1 Like

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
asalimpo:
it's either a silly book of illogical fantasies or a book about illogically awesome but true happenings.
If it is a silly book then stupidity shud line its core like a vein.
But this isnt so.
The principles espoused in this ancient book hav not yet been irrelevant in any human society.
Call that silly!
Hmm, I think we should learn to live and let live. I've come across some 'holy' writings from other religions, and though I don't consider them factual, I do recognise the rights of anyone who wishes to live by their edicts, to do so in peace. You may consider the bible to be fictitious, but that doesn't give you the right to ridicule its precepts to the hearing of its adherents, just as you have no right to walk up to a stranger on the road and inform him/her they're as ugly as sin. Some opinions ought to remain unspoken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackStallion:
Hmm, I think we should learn to live and let live. I've come across some 'holy' writings from other religions, and though I don't consider them factual, I do recognise the rights of anyone who wishes to live by their edicts, to do so in peace. You may consider the bible to be fictitious, but that doesn't give you the right to ridicule its precepts to the hearing of its adherents, just as you have no right to walk up to a stranger on the road and inform him/her they're as ugly as sin. Some opinions ought to remain unspoken.
Went over your head that one, didn't it?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Went over your head that one, didn't it?
you believe in the existence of God, Jesus and lucifer right? If Jesus really existed, then I see no reason why the bible should be considered a fantasy. If lucifer has power, then by inference God the father and God the son also have power. What went over my head is the fact that you seem to support the claim that lucifer is a myth.
Let's settle this issue once and for all, does lucifer exist, and if he does, does he have any power?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Akinife(m): 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackStallion:
you believe in the existence of God, Jesus and lucifer right? If Jesus really existed, then I see no reason why the bible should be considered a fantasy. If lucifer has power, then by inference God the father and God the son also have power. What went over my head is the fact that you seem to support the claim that lucifer is a myth.
Let's settle this issue once and for all, does lucifer exist, and if he does, does he have any power?

yes he does exist and does have power.... is dat all?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Akinife: Yes he does exist and does have power.... is dat all?
Are you a satanist? If you are, I think this should act as a source of motivation to all Christians. A satanist admits the existence of Jesus Christ, if that doesn't encourage you, nothing will
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by BodyKiss(m): 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
The only sensible explanation to "Adam and fruit of knowledge of good and evil" story is that Adam was setup right from the onset, or, to make up an exuse for God why humans die. In doing that, no explaination was given why animals die. According to the story, God only cursed the serpent, Eve and Adam.

Now check this out.

Before they ate the forbidden fruit

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

@bold right there was the setup. He placed the tree in the midst of the gerden without any guard to fend off Adam or Eve (whom had no knowledge of good and evil) from it.

After they ate the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, below was what happened.

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Then he guarded the tree of life with flaming sword flashing back and forth.

Why wasn't the fruit of knowledge of good and evil guarded from Adam and Evil?
Is the supposed punishment not too much for first offense, given they didn't know what they were doing?
Re: If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It? by CANTICLES: 5:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Consider how life will be in Nigeria if there is no Law ... Thousands will be killed everyday, properties will be stolen all day ! Peace will be distorted , but the presence of law instill fear isnt it ? Constitution is supreme, isnt it? Dat Law is to help man realize he has an higher and supreme authority!!... So whats special dat God made a law to guide man in d beginning and instill fear in him! , and lets assume any of their children ate it apart from the parent, the principle that applies is " the soul that sin - it itself shall die" Eze 18:4,20 ! Only such person suffers the consequence of law ..wich is death sentence!!! Point Of Corection: God has decreed that they will have children many years before dey sin ( Gen 1:27:28) ! So eatin it or not dey will eventually be fruitful and multiply! You guyz need to sit down and think: can u explain y humans speak different languages and dialects ?? Language diversity sud let u realize there is a SUPREME BEING Above

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come In For Your Spiritual Consultation With A Sage / COULD JESUS HAVE PLANNED MY DOWNFALL MY STORY URGENT ADVISE NEEDED / The Mystery Of Mechizedek Solved!...who Is He?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.