Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,069 members, 7,807,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Happy Independence From Dare-word! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Happy Independence From Dare-word! (449 Views)

Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!! / Nigeria @ 54! Happy Independence!!! / Happy Independence Day Anniversary To All My Sweethearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Independence From Dare-word! by HoluwadareY(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence from dare-word!
29th of september ,2014 is a remarkable day in d history of Nigeria and in d lives of 313 worthy citizens of this great nation of ours.The president Dr.Goodluck Jonathan deemed it fit to reward some Nigerians who distinguised themselves in their own areas of specialization _from all walks of life. In my article "making impact in your world", i stated clearly that "u dont have to b a particular person or be in a particular profession before your impact can be felt". It might seem abstract before but now it is very evident from what happened on the said day.people from different professions ranging from politics,academic,entertaiment,sport,military,industry,art,science and the likes were recognised for their immenced impact in their field. As i was watching the program on NTA network something very amazing caught my focused attention.the president is ready to deliver his speech,i was surprised when he called out three men and one additional man,these men were hardly recognised during the award giving ceremony by people coz they are not from those highly rated professions like politics,industry or academics . They are just common Nigerians doing their common thing in an uncommon way,these men later turned out to be the most recognised. As Apostle paul said that "obeying your parents is the only commandment with a promise" so also these men's award were the only award with gifts attached out of the 313 elites! and that is what i called DISTINGUISHING YOURSELF AMONG THE ELITES.wow! So you dont have to join politics before u create impact?, you dont have to be a prof.?, you dont have to be a doctor or an engineer? You dont have to be those things, you can make impact in your field no matter where you find yourself;you can stand tall and be recognised with that thing you enjoy doing. You dont have to force yourself to be something you are not just because you want to be noticed.Let me conclude this writeup by quoting the speech of my amiable leader,a woman activist and a great patriot of India ,Indira Gandhi: "...some people think that only by taking up very high jobs you are doing something important or you are doing a national service. But we all know that the most complex machinery will be ineffective if one small screw is not working as it should and THAT SCREW IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS ANY BIG PART.It is the same in national service,there is no job that is too small,there is no person who is too small;everyone has something to do and if s/he does it well then the country will run well". HAPPY NEW MONTH& HAPPY INDEPENDENCE FROM DARE-WORD ,GOD BLESS NIGERIA .I remain Folorunsho Samuel Oluwadare, culled from: www.dare-word..com

(1) (Reply)

10 Signs Your Lover Is Lying To You / Leave Prince William And Catherine Alone / Watch That Shows Your Death Date Invented

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.