Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,387 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? (632 Views)

Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? / What Is The Cost Of A Masters Degree Programme At Unilag? / How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? by YourCrush: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nowadays, some if not most of our graduates after their Bachelors degree will advance to securing a Masters degree. A brief chat with some will make you realize that atleast 2/3 of graduates going for a masters degree programme really dont know why they are taking it.
Some felt is just necessary (i.e without having personal reasons).
Some only want to add it to their list of acquired certificates. (i.e without asking its relevance to their dream job).
Some see it as just moving with the trend.
You will be shocked that some graduates (atleast 30%) are running a masters degree programme because they have not gotten a job. They will tell you to apply than sitting at home. Just to stay busy. Lol.
Now, share your view on this
Re: What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? by miidae(f): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
[img][/img]
Re: What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? by YourCrush: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
miidae: [img][/img]
Ok i undastand. U r new here. Stil learning hw 2 use nairaland
Re: What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? by miidae(f): 11:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
YourCrush:
Ok i undastand. U r new here. Stil learning hw 2 use nairaland
mtcheeew
Re: What Is/was Your Reason/s For Taking A Masters Degree? by itstpia8: 2:40am On Mar 04, 2015
YourCrush:
Nowadays, some if not most of our graduates after their Bachelors degree will advance to securing a Masters degree. A brief chat with some will make you realize that atleast 2/3 of graduates going for a masters degree programme really dont know why they are taking it.
Some felt is just necessary (i.e without having personal reasons).
Some only want to add it to their list of acquired certificates. (i.e without asking its relevance to their dream job).
Some see it as just moving with the trend.
You will be shocked that some graduates (atleast 30%) are running a masters degree programme because they have not gotten a job. They will tell you to apply than sitting at home. Just to stay busy. Lol.
Now, share your view on this

are they disturbing you?

(1) (Reply)

Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Would You Prefer To Study Abroad For 1 Year Or Do An Internship In Nigeria? / Oshiomhole Renames Edo Varsity After Tayo Akpata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.