Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Agriculture Grants Thread - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture Grants Thread (25842 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / Grants For Nigerian Farmers / How I Became Very Comfortable Investing Into Agriculture within 4months!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello...
Let's inform one another as regards where farmers can get loans, grants or support funds for their business.
I know about Bank of Agriculture and can educate you on that if you require.
Let's make this trend!

6 Likes

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by lif2uz(m): 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
How can one obtain loan from BOA, I'm interested please do help with more info thanks!
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Oo
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by godsamist: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Very much interested in the Agriculture Grant,full details required pls or send:godsonsam2005@yahoo.com
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by kay29000(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
I am also interested o! I was doing MSc in Agric Geography for a while, but couldn't complete it. I love Agric. I think I read somewhere that you must have started your little farm to an extent to qualify for the loan. Not so sure sha, but I know I read something like that earlier this year.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by roxell120(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
t

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by FarmTech(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
If you want to get loan from bank of agric, open an account with them and make a deposit of 3k minimum. Run the account for 6mnths and you can apply for loan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by amarawa: 1:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Bank of Agric loans requires u to operate account for 3 months. You can also benefit thru a cooperative. The maximum for each person N250,000.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by FarmTech(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
amarawa: Bank of Agric loans requires u to operate account for 3 months. You can also benefit thru a cooperative. The maximum for each person N250,000.
3 months? I can't remember who told me 6 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by 1stUnique(m): 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
FarmTech:
3 months? I can't remember who told me 6 months.

i av also thinks its 6mnth.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by 1stUnique(m): 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Information is a powerful tools. Nice thread
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by amarawa: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
BOA requires 3 months, with good Biz plan and proof, you can get their loan. I go there regularly. they just approved my High Quality Cassava Flour loan, but this requires u to belong to the Nigerian Cassava Growers Association.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sorry I have not been able to participate, I've been quite busy.
Bank Of Agriculture grants loans to farmers and wanna be farmers all over Nigeria(especially in the northern part).
The loans are divided into three categories;

-Micro Fund: within the range of N1,000,000 downwards. Requires no business plan, and no Collateral but you must have a guarantor.

-Medium Fund: N1,000,000 - N10,000,000. Requires a business plan. May/may not require collateral but also expects you to have a guarantor.

-Macro Fund: N10,000,000 and above. This requires Business plan and collateral.

To have an access to their loan you need to open and run an account with them for only three months.
it simple and has lots of benefits
first you can secure the capital for ur bussiness from this source through loan services which they render
you get 6months free non payment till after six months
am in the process of securing mine currently
and once more they need no collateral for loans below 1million
all it takes is to keep ur account active with them
open with two thousand naira.
ur five passports
means of identification
if you need atm card an extra one thousand naira
interest varies but below 8%
after six months you start paying everything in installment

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
I hope my information was helpful? Please guys, let's share what we already know with tose who don't. You could be a hero for that.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Willas04: 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
This is an interesting write-up. But is it only in the North that they grant these loans. Again, are they particular about any form of farming or is it for any farming?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by FarmTech(m): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Now with no colateral, what happens if you can't pay back the loan?
In an event of disaster in your farm - pest, disease etc, how do they consider that?
The interest rate, is it annually?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
FarmTech:
Now with no colateral, what happens if you can't pay back the loan?
In an event of disaster in your farm - pest, disease etc, how do they consider that?
The interest rate, is it annually?
If you don't pay, your guarantor bears the brunt. So you won't want to be heartless.
The interest rate is standard.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by FarmTech(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2014
DadaStephen1:

If you don't pay, your guarantor bears the brunt. So you won't want to be heartless.
The interest rate is standard.
What about disaster?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by makinde3: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2014
FarmTech:

What about disaster?

You should have insurance to cover disater

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by FarmTech(m): 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
makinde3:

You should have insurance to cover disater
Thanks.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by jaydee87(m): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
pls where is the bank of agriculture. need to know thanks.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by amarawa: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2014
they are in
jaydee87:
pls where is the bank of agriculture. need to know thanks.
they are in every state depending on where u are
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 3:00am On Oct 06, 2014
Willas04:
This is an interesting write-up. But is it only in the North that they grant these loans. Again, are they particular about any form of farming or is it for any farming?
Bank of Agriculture is a government owned bank with money pumped in from CBN. It's branches are in every state capital of Nigeria.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by jaydee87(m): 7:04am On Oct 06, 2014
amarawa:
they are inthey are in every state depending on where u are
thanks your responds was very helpful but pls where in Lagos is the bank situated....
thanks...
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by rareman(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2014
DadaStephen1:
I hope my information was helpful? Please guys, let's share what we already know with tose who don't. You could be a hero for that.

Thanks, it's really helpful to me, please where are you located, am presently in lagos am looking for BOA locations too. Please can you help?
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Kalusam(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2014
rareman:

Thanks, it's really helpful to me, please where are you located, am presently in lagos am looking for BOA locations too. Please can you help?

http://www.bankofagricultureng.com/BranchLocation.aspx?id=37 You can also see the full list from an article i wrote on my blog last year here: http://kalusam./2013/09/18/nigeria-locate-the-bank-of-agriculture-nearest-to-you/
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2014
rareman:

Visit www.bankofagricultureng.com
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by DadaStephen1(m): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2014
rareman:

When you get to the website, you will see branch locator, click your current state and you will get it. I currently live and work in Kaduna.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by amarawa: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am based in Abuja. I was told that if you bank with BOA in any state and you have another project in another state for BOA to fund, your branch will just introduce you to the other state and u can still access facilities there.
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by SlimSkipper(m): 12:43am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by lilprinze: 12:44am On Oct 07, 2014
booked
Re: Agriculture Grants Thread by Anielka(m): 12:45am On Oct 07, 2014
That is good oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Hosts Chris Tucker At His Ota Farm (2011 Video) / A Nairalander 's Mustard Seeds Farm And His Harvest / Cheap Ways Of Raising Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.