Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help (1176 Views)

Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!! / My Cv....please Help / Help! Part Qualified Or Acca Finalist In My Cv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by enesty(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please I have been applying for jobs for sometime now and not even a interview have I been called for.please I need the good people and cv gurus of this thrend to help me look into my cv and rewrite it please,I beg in Gods name,thanks
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by enesty(m): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
haba 32 views and no reply,I know there are cv gurus here.pls I need ur help guys
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
enesty: haba 32 views and no reply,I know there are cv gurus here.pls I need ur help guys
Google JarusHub and contact them !
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by Acegoals: 1:37am On Oct 02, 2014
enesty: Please I have been applying for jobs for sometime now and not even a interview have I been called for.please I need the good people and cv gurus of this thrend to help me look into my cv and rewrite it please,I beg in Gods name,thanks

Hello, you can also send your CV to us (admin@acegoals.com) and let us give it a makeover (rewrite or appraise). We are here to help. You should also know that your CV may not only be the problem. The problem could be that:

1) You do not apply early for jobs.
You either wait for an email alert or you start checking jobs websites by 10.am everyday when the sharp guys are already up and searching by 7.am and once the employer calls the first 10 qualified persons for interview and gets his candidate, he ignores thousands of others

2) Your CV lacks keywords
Do you know that HR managers are now massively utilising technology for recruitment because of the workload in manually going through thousands of CVs at once? They have various indigenously developed applications/software that filters CVs. They just enter a keyword or ket phrase in the search box and it brings out every CV that has that phrase or keyword in it. E.G 'Sales Executive' is entered into the box and if you've done anything sales and is not written on your CV, you are lost in the crowd. Another example could be that they want someone with a particular software knowledge or professional affiliation or particular language or even someone who has volunteered or interned or someone with a product knowledge. Just make sure your CV has all the words as related to your field and they necessary embodiments of the job descriptions. One way you can test this yourself is using the search box on you PC to search your whole documents using some keywords to know how high your CV will rank

3) The same CV for all Jobs
You may also be probably using one static CV for every job you apply for. Know something, your CV should be as brief as possible with 2 pages and 3 maximum (for really experienced persons). It is not all your experience that should enter your CV. Why do you think some job descriptions states that you must have so so 'relevant' experience for the position advertised for? It is not all your experience that are relevant to the position and some some editing is needed before you apply for some particular jobs. You may have managed several facebook pages (even if it was not official or paid for) and the position of a Social Media Executive with 1-3 or 0-2 years' experience comes up, then is the time to fit in those 'unofficial' experiences. Also editing of CV is needed for inclusion of keywords. Some people make the mistake of overlooking some requirements. When a job says you must know how to speak one Nigerian language, how do you expect the employer to know that you can speak such language when its not in your CV? IT WILL BE FILTERED OFF!

4) You fail PROFILING!
Profiling is the way recruiters are going now for serious candidates who take time to build a profile for themselves part time. 50% of the jobs available now are not advertised. Instead recruiters go back end to get their candidates. Profiling is putting yourself out publicly to recruiters so that you can be found. LinkedIn is a perfect example a place for you to have a profile. In Nigeria we have job boards like Jobbe.rman, NgCareers and shortlist Nigeria (Philips consulting) that you can have a well polished profile on. In as mush as you scout for jobs with a good CV, also have a profile that employers can see and then call on you even before they see your CV.

I think that's all for now. Do the above points and with a good CV, you should clinch that job you've always wanted. Go and win! Happy Independence Celebrations!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by enesty(m): 7:49am On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=donroxy]Google JarusHub and contact them ![/quote
Pls if u can help me let me know cox I don't have money to pay at jarushub]
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by CrazyMan(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
enesty: Please I have been applying for jobs for sometime now and not even a interview have I been called for.please I need the good people and cv gurus of this thrend to help me look into my cv and rewrite it please,I beg in Gods name,thanks
Hello bro...

There are so many reasons as to why you were never called for an interview despite the fact that you've been submitting your CV.

I will try to explain some of the possible reasons.

1. COMPETITION: With the high rate of unemployment in the country, and the very limited jobs on ground, there is a lot of competition for every job opening. So when you come across an advert on the paper, bill-boards, television...etc, not everyone who applies can be invited in for a face-to-face interview. That means that only those job seekers that the prospective employer feels have the best qualifications will get the call. It’s simply a matter of supply and demand.

2. You lack the necessary skill to execute the job: Most job applicant apply for jobs simply because they don't want to be jobless. Most feel they have the necessary skill, unfortunately, they don't.

It’s the difference between feeling like you can do the job (with a little training) versus actually having the specifically requested work experience and skills. The candidate who falls in the category of the latter would definitely be invited for an interview.

3. Wrong CV syndrome: If I may ask, how many CVs do you have? If your answer is one, then you need to rethink your job search strategy.

The all-purpose CV which majority of job seekers make use of when applying for a job is a thing of the past. The best way to find a job is to create a CV to match each job posting.

This should increase your chances of getting invited for an interview cos you would be able to describe your skills which would be of great importance to the particular job you're applying for.

4. Poorly designed CV: The worse thing that can ever happen to a job seeker is to submit an unprofessional looking CV that has been poorly formatted, is filled with typos or has poorly constructed sentences. This would portray you as an unserious candidate unfit for the job.

Good luck.
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by Acegoals: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2014
Nice one CrazyMan. I totally agree as well. I also think many people should know about all the points listed here. Some job seekers miss a lot of points and they do not land an interview with their dream firms.
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by enesty(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Acegoals post=/post/26791087:

Thanks a lot,I have sent in my cv.expectin ur feedbak soon

Hello, you can also send your CV to us (admin@acegoals.com) and let us give it a makeover (rewrite or appraise). We are here to help. You should also know that your CV may not only be the problem. The problem could be that:

1) You do not apply early for jobs.
You either wait for an email alert or you start checking jobs websites by 10.am everyday when the sharp guys are already up and searching by 7.am and once the employer calls the first 10 qualified persons for interview and gets his candidate, he ignores thousands of others

2) Your CV lacks keywords
Do you know that HR managers are now massively utilising technology for recruitment because of the workload in manually going through thousands of CVs at once? They have various indigenously developed applications/software that filters CVs. They just enter a keyword or ket phrase in the search box and it brings out every CV that has that phrase or keyword in it. E.G 'Sales Executive' is entered into the box and if you've done anything sales and is not written on your CV, you are lost in the crowd. Another example could be that they want someone with a particular software knowledge or professional affiliation or particular language or even someone who has volunteered or interned or someone with a product knowledge. Just make sure your CV has all the words as related to your field and they necessary embodiments of the job descriptions. One way you can test this yourself is using the search box on you PC to search your whole documents using some keywords to know how high your CV will rank

3) The same CV for all Jobs
You may also be probably using one static CV for every job you apply for. Know something, your CV should be as brief as possible with 2 pages and 3 maximum (for really experienced persons). It is not all your experience that should enter your CV. Why do you think some job descriptions states that you must have so so 'relevant' experience for the position advertised for? It is not all your experience that are relevant to the position and some some editing is needed before you apply for some particular jobs. You may have managed several facebook pages (even if it was not official or paid for) and the position of a Social Media Executive with 1-3 or 0-2 years' experience comes up, then is the time to fit in those 'unofficial' experiences. Also editing of CV is needed for inclusion of keywords. Some people make the mistake of overlooking some requirements. When a job says you must know how to speak one Nigerian language, how do you expect the employer to know that you can speak such language when its not in your CV? IT WILL BE FILTERED OFF!

4) You fail PROFILING!
Profiling is the way recruiters are going now for serious candidates who take time to build a profile for themselves part time. 50% of the jobs available now are not advertised. Instead recruiters go back end to get their candidates. Profiling is putting yourself out publicly to recruiters so that you can be found. LinkedIn is a perfect example a place for you to have a profile. In Nigeria we have job boards like Jobbe.rman, NgCareers and shortlist Nigeria (Philips consulting) that you can have a well polished profile on. In as mush as you scout for jobs with a good CV, also have a profile that employers can see and then call on you even before they see your CV.

I think that's all for now. Do the above points and with a good CV, you should clinch that job you've always wanted. Go and win! Happy Independence Celebrations!!! smiley
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by enesty(m): 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
CrazyMan post=/post/26816114:

Hello bro...
Ok thanks for the post but can u assist me on my cv
There are so many reasons as to why you were never called for an interview despite the fact that you've been submitting your CV.

I will try to explain some of the possible reasons.

1. COMPETITION: With the high rate of unemployment in the country, and the very limited jobs on ground, there is a lot of competition for every job opening. So when you come across an advert on the paper, bill-boards, television...etc, not everyone who applies can be invited in for a face-to-face interview. That means that only those job seekers that the prospective employer feels have the best qualifications will get the call. It’s simply a matter of supply and demand.

2. You lack the necessary skill to execute the job: Most job applicant apply for jobs simply because they don't want to be jobless. Most feel they have the necessary skill, unfortunately, they don't.

It’s the difference between feeling like you can do the job (with a little training) versus actually having the specifically requested work experience and skills. The candidate who falls in the category of the latter would definitely be invited for an interview.

3. Wrong CV syndrome: If I may ask, how many CVs do you have? If your answer is one, then you need to rethink your job search strategy.

The all-purpose CV which majority of job seekers make use of when applying for a job is a thing of the past. The best way to find a job is to create a CV to match each job posting.

This should increase your chances of getting invited for an interview cos you would be able to describe your skills which would be of great importance to the particular job you're applying for.

4. Poorly designed CV: The worse thing that can ever happen to a job seeker is to submit an unprofessional looking CV that has been poorly formatted, is filled with typos or has poorly constructed sentences. This would portray you as an unserious candidate unfit for the job.

Good luck.
Re: Could It Be My Cv,please I Need Help by kponkedenge(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
enesty:
Please I have been applying for jobs for sometime now and not even a interview have I been called for.please I need the good people and cv gurus of this thrend to help me look into my cv and rewrite it please,I beg in Gods name,thanks
Go and re-edit ur cv

(1) (Reply)

USMLE & PLAB Which One Has The Best Chances Of Getting Employed? / 4 Everyday Activities That Will Actually Strengthen Your Brain. / Buhari Please Pay Federal Workers November Salary...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.