Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

The Importance of the Day Of Arafat - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Importance of the Day Of Arafat (17314 Views)

Fasting On The Day Of Arafat: Sins Forgiven For Two Years / Nairalander At Arafat ( Hajj) With His Dad. / The Day Of Arafat: Muslims Encouraged to Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Allahu akbar
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by udatso: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
Brothers and sisters, let's not forget to read الله أكبر الله أكبر لا إله إلا الله و الله أكبر ولله الحمد
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Larow(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmmm! How I wish there is a serious bomb explosion at this gathering this year. One that will claim lives of at least half of the pilgrims so that mohammed himself will regret his own legacy!
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by gistmelove(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Larow: Hmmmm! How I wish there is a serious bomb explosion at this gathering this year. One that will claim lives of at least half of the pilgrims so that mohammed himself will regret his own legacy!

hmmmm terrorist.. Allah will not grate ur wish insall Allah....

May Almighty Allah forgive u

Amin

2 Likes

Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Larow(m): 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
gistmelove:

hmmmm terrorist.. Allah will not grate ur wish insall Allah....

May Almighty Allah forgive u

Amin
Gistmelove! Let me ask you a question? In the name of who are the terrorists carrying out their evil? Let his followers also deal with him now, or must the bombings be in churches alone? Do you even know who a terrorist is?
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by gistmelove(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Larow: Gistmelove! Let me ask you a question? In the name of who are the terrorists carrying out their evil? Let his followers also deal with him now, or must the bombings be in churches alone? Do you even know who a terrorist is?

keep ur question ok... May Almighty Allah forgive u

1 Like

Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Revolva(m): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2014
How arafat importance wan take feed me
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by seguntijan(m): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2014
englishmart:
Boko haram, should take a break and celebrate their sallah day. No killings no fightings.

whether or not shekau was killed, Islamists must learn to be peaceful. At least for once.
Yeah they will be peace if Oritshejafor the president of CAN and Jonathan stop importing arms for them and ask them to disguise as a muslim. Please go back to your church and tell your pastor to stop sponsering terror attack for political gain.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Freelancer00(m): 12:17am On Oct 05, 2014
Heyliesha:
Whatever
Must u comment? U could have ignored, u know?
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Freelancer00(m): 12:18am On Oct 05, 2014
englishmart:
Boko haram, should take a break and celebrate their sallah day. No killings no fightings.

whether or not shekau was killed, Islamists must learn to be peaceful. At least for once.
Don't let the action of one silly group crowd ur judgement Sir. Its just like the rotten part is spoiling the good part. Who said Muslims aren't peaceful?

1 Like

Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by Freelancer00(m): 12:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Larow:
Hmmmm! How I wish there is a serious bomb explosion at this gathering this year. One that will claim lives of at least half of the pilgrims so that mohammed himself will regret his own legacy!
Really? If u could do it, u would have abi? Later u'll say its all in the name of peace.
Re: The Importance of the Day Of Arafat by HRana: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2017
The ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah is your Day of 'Arafah since it is on this Day that the pilgrims gather at the mountain plain of 'Arafah, praying and supplicating to their Lord. In fact, one hadith says that 'Hajj is Arafah' (Abu Dawud). This means Arafah is the sum and substance of Hajj. The day of Arafah is also significant because this amazing ayah was revealed on this day: "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have accepted for you Islam as religion." (Surah al Maa'idah 5:3) Arafah was the Day on which Allah perfected His religion, completed His favors upon His beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and accepted Islam as a way of life! Imam Ibn Kathir in his tafsir says: "Imam Ahmad recorded that Tariq bin Shihab said, "A Jewish man said to 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, 'O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have obtained that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' The Jew replied: "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion." I know when and where this verse had been revealed to Allah's Messenger. It was the evening on the Day of 'Arafah on a Friday." The day of Arafah is also significant because Allah swore by this Day in Surah al Burooj. It is known that Allah swears by nothing but that which is great and mighty! Hence the Day of Arafah is great significant: "From the skies containing great celebrities. And [by] the Promised Day. And [by] the witness and what is witnessed" (85: 1-3) It was reported by Abu Hurayrah (ra) that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "The promised day is the Day of Resurrection, the witnessed day is the Day of 'Arafaah, and the witnessing day is Friday." (Tirmidhi) It is a recommended Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) for people who are not pilgrims to fast on this day since the Prophet (PBUH) was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, so he said: "It expiates the sins of yesteryear and the coming season." (Muslim) The Prophet (PBUH) also said: "There is not any day on which Allaah frees individuals from the Fire more so than to the day of 'Arafah. He comes close to people (individuals standing on 'Arafah), and he then shows before His Angels saying, 'What are these people seeking." (Muslim)
Things to Do on the Day of Arafah
1. [I]Fasting on the Day of Arafah[/I]: Fasting is highly encouraged and recommended for people not going on hajj. "Fasting on the Day of Arafah expiates the sins of yesteryear and the coming year." (Muslim)
2.) [I]DU'AA OF ARAFAH: Saying this du'aa quite frequently[/I]: The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: "The very excellent dua is your dua on the Day of Arafah, and also the best of what I and also the prophets before me have said, is "There is nothing that deserves to be worshiped in fact except Allaah, He is Alone and has no partner, to Him belongs the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is All-Powerful over all things.'" (Muwatta) لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له ، له الملك ، وله الحمد ، وهو على كل شيء قدير.

3. [I]Making Tahleel, Takbeer, Tahmeed, and Tasbeeh[/I]: It is a Sunnah[color=#990000][/colour] of our Prophet (PBUH) to recite the Tahleel, Takbeer, and Tahmeed as many times as possible on the day of Arafah, and also on the days of Tashreeq (11, 12 and 13th of Dhul Hijjah) Tahleel is to say "Laa ilaaha il-lal-laah" Takbeer is to say "Allahu Akbar" Tahmeed is to say "Alhamdulillah" Tasbeeh is to state "Subhanallaah". 4. [I]Seek forgiveness from Almighty Allah[/I]: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "On this day, Allah, the most Exalted, descends to the nearest heaven, and He is proud of His servants on the earth and says to people in heavens, look at My servants, they have come from near and far, with hair disheveled and faces covered with dust, to seek my Mercy. Even if their sins are as much the sand or the froth of the sea, then I shall forgive them."
https://www.holdinn.com/en/forum/detail/what-is-the-importance-of-the-day-of-arafat-1501

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" / Eid-adha 2022: Post The Prices Of Animals At Your Location Here / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.