Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? (1656 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
‪Is Jesus actually Michael the Archangel? Why do some people believe this?

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Michael-Archangel.html

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Is Jesus actually Michael the Archangel? Why do some people believe this?

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Michael-Archangel.html

Question: "Is Jesus Michael the archangel?"

Answer: Jesus is not Michael the archangel. The Bible nowhere identifies Jesus as Michael (or any other angel, for that matter). Hebrews 1:5-8 draws a clear distinction between Jesus and the angels: “For to which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my Son; today I have become your Father’? Or again, ‘I will be His Father, and He will be my Son’? And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says, ‘Let all God’s angels worship Him.’ In speaking of the angels He says, ‘He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire.’ But about the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The hierarchy of heavenly beings is made clear in this passage—angels worship Jesus who, as God, is alone worthy of worship. No angel is ever worshipped in Scripture; therefore, Jesus (worthy of worship) cannot be Michael or any other angel (not worthy of worship). The angels are called sons of God (Genesis 6:2-4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7), but Jesus is THE Son of God (Hebrews 1:8; Matthew 4:3-6).

Michael the archangel is perhaps the highest of all the angels. Michael is the only angel in the Bible who is designated “the archangel” (Jude verse 9). Michael the archangel, though, is only an angel. He is not God. The clear distinction in the power and authority of Michael and Jesus can be seen in comparing Matthew 4:10 where Jesus rebukes Satan, and Jude verse 9, where Michael the archangel “dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy” against Satan and calls on the Lord to rebuke him. Jesus is God incarnate (John 1:1, 14). Michael the archangel is a powerful angel, but still only an angel.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Michael-Archangel.html#ixzz3FOuO7Coy
Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2023
No, Michael the Archangel is not really Jesus.

Learn more at: https://carm.org/about-jesus/is-michael-the-archangel-really-jesus/

#michael
#archangei
#jehovahswitnesses
#seventhdayadventists
#apologetics
#mattslick
#carm

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Jokerman(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2023
Only an unwise person will say Jesus is Archangel Michael

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
Jesus is God in flesh, but Michael the Archangel is an angel, which is a created being. They are not the same.

See more at: https://carm.org/about-jesus/are-jesus-and-michael-the-archangel-the-same/

#Jesus
#God
#archangel
#cults
#apologetics
#mattslick
#carmorg

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2023
Jokerman:

Prove you're wiser than those who said so by presenting the worshipers of your own God so we can compare how much they know about the doing of God's will! Matthew 7:21-23

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by gameova(m): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Prove you're wiser than those who said so by presenting the worshipers of your own God so we can compare how much they know about the doing of God's will! Matthew 7:21-23
You made no sense

5 Likes

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
gameova:
You made no sense
And of course you've made so much sense without a single evidence! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Janosky: 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2023
Jokerman:
gameova:
You made no sense

You are wiser than Martin Luther & Charles Spurgeon?

Your "oly ghost" taught them Jesus Christ is Archangel Michael.

Oga,dey play.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2023
Janosky:

Oga,dey play.

grin grin

Do you believe in Martin Luther & Charles Spurgeon? undecided

3 Likes

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by johnw47: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2023
Janosky:
Oga,dey play.
grin grin

all that Christians say is not necessarily from The Holy Spirit Who you false jw's love to blaspheme

just as when you false jw's give different dates and false prophecies etc. it isn't from The Holy Spirit,
but you will always love to blaspheme Him, the devil will see to that

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorn bushes under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

fraud jw janosky

you of course being lost, love to forever mock and blaspheme The Holy Spirit:

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32  And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

Rev_20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

3 Likes

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:14am On Dec 03, 2023
Janosky:

Oga,dey play.

grin grin

They're all confused yet to Jehovah's Witnesses who are supposed to TEACH them they have refuse to listen, won't you be surprised that there are some of them now that are against their own Hellfire doctrines?

gameova:
Try placing your hand in a burning gas cooker fire for just 10 seconds, imagine the pain? Worse still, remember the Aluu 4 boys that where burnt to death in 2012, remember their agony? Now we are meant to believe that a loving God will place his priced creation in a place of everlasting fire burning for all eternity with no form of escape because of finite transgressions and not believing in the death of his son? Even Hitler or the worse human in all history doesn't deserve such punishment.

Christians please make it make sense. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/7928985/hell-fire-not-logical

Yet he jumped in here to argue in support of Hellfire teacher like Kumuyi!

So he wants to eat his cake and still have it by condemning Hellfire doctrine like JWs but against Michael being Jesus at the same time!grin

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Expanse2020(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

They're all confused yet to Jehovah's Witnesses who are supposed to TEACH them they have refuse to listen, won't you be surprised that there are some of them now that are against their own Hellfire doctrines?

https://www.nairaland.com/7928985/hell-fire-not-logical

Yet he jumped in here to argue in support of Hellfire teacher like Kumuyi!

So be wants to eat his cake and still have it by condemning Hellfire doctrine like JWs but against Michael being Jesus at the same time!grin

Can please share more light on the topic.
I like it when you state your view it somehow more genuine.
Thanks
Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Dec 03, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
No, Michael the Archangel is not really Jesus.

Learn more at: https://carm.org/about-jesus/is-michael-the-archangel-really-jesus/

#michael
#archangei
#jehovahswitnesses
#seventhdayadventists
#apologetics
#mattslick
#carm

Is Michael the Archangel really Jesus?
by Matt Slick | Jun 12, 2017 | Jesus, Questions

No, Michael the Archangel is not really Jesus. The non-Christian cult known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses teaches that they are the same. The Seventh Day Adventists teach the same; but Michael the Archangel is just that–an Archangel, and Jesus is not a created angel. There are three archangels named in the Bible: Michael (the warrior Angel), Gabriel (the messenger Angel), and Lucifer (who became the devil).
Michael the Archangel is mentioned in different passages.

Daniel 10:13, “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia.”

Daniel 10:21, “However, I will tell you what is inscribed in the writing of truth. Yet there is no one who stands firmly with me against these forces except Michael your prince.”

Daniel 12:1, “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.”

Jude 9, “But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

Rev. 12:7, “And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. And the dragon and his angels waged war.”

Perhaps the best proof text to demonstrate that Michael the Archangel and Jesus are not the same people is found in Jude 9. The Lord Jesus would not have to call on the name of anyone else in order to rebuke the devil because the Lord Jesus is God in flesh. However, we see that Michael the Archangel said, “The Lord rebuke you,” thereby demonstrating that he is not the Lord.

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

Can please share more light on the topic.
I like it when you state your view it somehow more genuine. Thanks

*Jesus is the Son of God SENT to the world. John 3:16

*Angels are God's Sons SENT on errands.

*Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. Colossians 1:15

*Angels are the first creatures God created. Job 38:7

*Jesus is the commander in chief of all heavenly armies {Matthew 25:31} just as Michael is the head of all the angels! Revelations 12:7

*Jesus always stand for the salvation of God's people {John 3:16-17} the same thing Michael always do! Daniel 12:1

*Jesus is the only person who orders Satan (another powerful angel) around {Matthew 4:10} exactly what only Michael could do! Jude 9 compare to Revelations 12:7-9

So most Bible scholars checked all these and kicked against the TRINITY doctrine but trinitarians insisted that Jesus is God Almighty instead of the son SENT by GOD! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

*Jesus is the commander in chief of all heavenly armies {Matthew 25:31} just as Michael is the head of all the angels! Revelations 12:7

*Jesus always stand for the salvation of God's people {John 3:16-17} the same thing Michael always do! Daniel 12:1

*Jesus is the only person who orders Satan (another powerful angel) around {Matthew 4:10} exactly what only Michael could do! Jude 9 compare to Revelations 12:7-9

So most Bible scholars checked all these and kicked against the TRINITY doctrine but trinitarians insisted that Jesus is God Almighty instead of the son SENT by GOD! :
)

Jude 9, “But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you.”

Why couldn’t Michael, the arch angel directly rebuke lucifer (who used to be an arch angel before he became satan) without appealing to The Lord? undecided

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Expanse2020(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So most Bible scholars checked all these and kicked against the TRINITY doctrine but trinitarians insisted that Jesus is God Almighty instead of the son SENT by GOD! smiley
I like that
Wow Wow Wow
Wait you don't believe in Trinity
And who are the trinitarians in Christianity
Then can you proof from bible that Jesus doesn't support trinity.. I just like fact as you always quotes
Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I like the way everything leads to another
And you added verses
Welldone sir

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

I like that
Wow Wow Wow
Wait you don't believe in Trinity
And who are the trinitarians in Christianity
Then can you proof from bible that Jesus doesn't support trinity.. I just like fact as you always quotes

I was a Muslim like you it's Jehovah's Witnesses that taught me and pray for God's Holy Spirit to help me in preaching and teaching effectively so my friend welcome a free home Bible study from them and you will become better than me in teaching of God's word! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

And you added verses. Welldone sir

You guys taught me! smiley

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Expanse2020(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I was a Muslim like you it's Jehovah's Witnesses that taught me and pray for God's Holy Spirit to help me in preaching and teaching effectively so my friend welcome a free home Bible study from them and you will become better than me in teaching of God's word! smiley
Yeah
I always like fact but you never proof that trinity but one pastor have made the point on the trinity can you dispute.
That why I like Jehovah witnesses people they speak truth
Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by achorladey: 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
Aemmyjah:

And you added verses
Welldone sir

We know the madness and insanities peddling of yours leading and connecting madness and insanities peddling of MaxInDHouse originate from the lies and manipulations packed into your brains by your GODS captured below....

While there is no statement in the Bible that categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus, there is one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel.” (Awake 2002 February 8 p. 17

Now concentrate on

1. No statement categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus

2. one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel...... office of archangel not Jesus is an archangel grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by achorladey: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

Yeah
I always like fact but you never proof that trinity but one pastor have made the point on the trinity can you dispute.

What he will not come out and tell you is the below captured in their magazines given to the public

While there is no statement in the Bible that categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus, there is one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel.” (Awake 2002 February 8 p. 17

Now concentrate on

2. one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel...... office of archangel not Jesus is an archangel grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Expanse2020(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2023
achorladey:

What he will come out and tell you is the below captured in their magazines given to the public

Now concentrate on

But he has clearly stated that before that they are different entities with proof in the Bible

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by achorladey: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

But he has clearly stated that before that they are different entities with proof in the Bible

Let me get you correctly and clearly that he MaxInDHouse said...

Jesus and Angel Michael are different entities.

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by achorladey: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2023
The reason you have to be careful with the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses regarding Archangel Michael = Jesus. They are always based on speculations, assumptions drawing implications and inference not explicitly stated anywhere....

The archangel, Michael, is the chief angel in terms of power and authority. The Scriptures clearly indicate that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ.​—1 Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 9...... Wp 17 No. 5 pg 3

2. While there is no statement in the Bible that categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus, there is one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel...... Awake February 8, 2002

The question from 1 and 2 is, how will you synchronise.......

1. The Scriptures clearly indicate that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ.​

2. there is no statement in the Bible that categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus

How come did there is no statement in the Bible becomes having two scriptures with statements stating clearly indicate that Michael is another name for Jesus?

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

Yeah

TRINITY is a pagan doctrine that was accepted towards the end of second century as most people around the Mediterranean sea worship triune gods so the churches used the trinity to woo those pagans that's why the word TRINITY can't be found anywhere in the Bible! smiley

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

You're responding to a disguised atheist that's why i always ignore him.
Ask him to tell you the name of his church and the doctrine he subscribe to! smiley

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Emusan(m): 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2023
Expanse2020:

You agreed that, he clearly stated that "They (Micheal & Jesus) are different ENTITIES with proof in the Bible"

Then, you don't know what he believes and trying to confuse you with those Bible verses, is that both Michael and Jesus Christ are the same ENTITY.

Definitely, two of you aren't on the same page.

2 Likes

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by Emusan(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ask him to tell you the name of his church and the doctrine he subscribe to! smiley

So you agree with him that, what you proof from the Bible is that THEY(Michael and Jesus Christ) are different ENTITIES? cheesy grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by achorladey: 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

My words dey threaten your madness and insanities peddling here abi? grin grin grin grin

You're responding to a disguised atheist

Today Achorladey is a disguised atheist. Tomorrow Achorladey will be disguised apostate grin grin grin grin

Expanse2020 said you have proof that Jesus and Archangel Michael are different entities? I will get my clarification whether you like it or not grin grin grin grin
I want to see more madness and insanities peddling from your brains.

that's why i always ignore him.

Expanse2020 can choose to follow your path or ignore it. He will exercise his freedom

Ask him to tell you the name of his church and the doctrine he subscribe to

The name of my church is what will correct your madness and insanities peddling about Jesus is Archangel Michael or not or show that Archangel Michael and Jesus are different entities grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‪Is Jesus Actually Michael The Archangel? by achorladey: 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2023
Emusan:

So you agree with him that, what you proof from the Bible is that THEY(Michael and Jesus Christ) are different ENTITIES? cheesy grin grin cheesy

I am waiting for clarification too from Expanse2020 grin grin grin

This will be interesting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Does God Lives Before Creation / From Christ Hating Atheist/writer For Atheist Website To Christ Follower / MMM From The Kingdom Of Darkness?- Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.