Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:10 PM

REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku (2451 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala Dancing To Psquare's 'Chop My Money' - Video / Late Emir Of Borgu Is Survived By 4 Wives And Over 30 Children - NTA / Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Everfrank(m): 12:13am On Oct 02, 2014
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has revealed how he made his money and also built a house for his mother at the age of 15.

Atiku, who is one of the presidential aspirants in the All Progressives Congress, in his new book titled ‘My Life’, which he authored, said he bought a mud house for her mother in Ganye, Adamawa State.

He gave the explanation under chapter six of the book, entitled ‘Making Money’.

He said he recognised very early in life that he had a good nose for business and this made him to apply for and obtained a Federal Housing loan.

The loan, he said, which amounted to N31,000, was the equivalent of his salary for five years as a customs officer.

He said, “I was granted a plot of land by the Gongola State Government at Yola Government Reserved Area. I hired a foreman and began building my first house.

“With close personal supervision, the bungalow was completed on time and to my taste. I rented it out immediately.

“The rent I collected in advance on the house was substantial enough for me to purchase a second plot. I built my second house and rented it out.

“I continued to plow back the rent into the building of new houses and within a few years, I had built eight houses in choice areas of Yola. I also built a new house for my mother and rebuilt the old mud house I bought for her in Ganye when I was a 15-year-old student.”

The former Vice President said property investment could be rewarding, because, according to him, returns on it could also be high depending on the location.

Kaduna, for instance, he added, was a good place to invest in property before the emergence of Abuja.

He explained that he built his first house in Kaduna with the rent he made from other property and that later, he bought six more plots and built residential houses and rented them out to individuals and institutions.

Atiku also added that of all the businesses into which he would venture, he listed what he described as a small oil services company as the most successful and most lucrative.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/10/revealed-how-i-made-my-money-fathered.html?m=1
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by redsun(m): 12:17am On Oct 02, 2014
Ole. From mud house to a billionaire in an arid area where people can barely feed.

11 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Story for the gods. . .

One thing about Customs officers' corruption is that it often has no paper trail, since it is mostly cash and carry (rather than direct treasury looting or contract inflation) ...which makes the money easy to launder and justify with cöck and bull stories like this.

Virtually all top Customs officers are billionaires anyway, so Atiku matter no be today.

15 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Com'on guys, clap for Atiku, he's such a hardworking man cheesy

I believe you Mr Atiku. So, any other lies? undecided

13 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Zakkyoz: 1:10am On Oct 02, 2014
We know how you made your money as a sharp man during the regime of OBJ. Don't bother bother to explain.

3 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Romantic entrepreneurship! 30 children!

5 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by delishpot: 1:35am On Oct 02, 2014
Chei, men greedy sha. Just imagine if him p.rick settle down use condom and him marry one woman come born onky 4 or highest 6 kids.chei enjoyment galore for those kids. But 30? Abegi that man no go fit enjoy his money to the fullest jare family wahala go dey down dey swallow every stollen million.
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmmm He made money and fathered 30 children? That's cool cool. No wonder he wants to be in government by all means. The kids need to be taken care of.

Each time Atiku tries to sound smart, he ends up disgracing himself. He mortgaged his salary for 5 years to build a house? What was he living on before tenants started paying?

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by ratiken(m): 1:57am On Oct 02, 2014
How low can this fool go? Its not ok to loot us dry..... he had to rub it in with these tales by moonlight.
Can someone remind me when Intels was a small servicing company? Atiku had to indirectly fund the insurgency at the peak of ND militancy which made his Intels facilities inevitable for the IOCs. Atiku single handedly influenced the customs rates of at his jetty which makes it uneconomic for non-oil and gas businesses.
These old criminals should just shut up and pray for death.
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Obynobyl(m): 2:16am On Oct 02, 2014
30 kids! Only God knows how much the budget for feeding at the presidential villa will be if this man becomes president.

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by ROCKJ1(m): 2:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Why is this man making us look like fools?

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by ofala(m): 2:39am On Oct 02, 2014
I think APC should try and persuade this Atiku to drop his Presidential ambition ....
There is this 'something' about him that doesn't just sound right.

And another question is: " can he be trusted?" "Will he decamp back to PDP after the Primaries?"

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 02, 2014
It is easy to tell stories of little beginning when you are wealthy and also easy to boast of fallen fortune when u r poor.

My point, Ex Vp atiku should save me the sermon and enjoy his emanced wealth.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Lucasbalo(m): 4:48am On Oct 02, 2014
A guy up to his neck in corruption when he was a custom officer and vice president is now mocking Nigerians now. Only in nigeria can all this treasure looters boast of looting without any consequences. God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 02, 2014
It is a shame that Atiku think all of us fools.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by otokx(m): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Atiku just lost my vote with this tales by moon light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Idumose(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2014
I will look for his book and buy.It will make an interesting read.
How many Nigerian billionaires have written a book on how they made
it from grass to grace? Obasanjo we all know is a billionaire,can he tell us
how he made those money? Tinubu is also a billionaire but he will never
tell us how he made those money.

Kudos to Atiku to have braved it to write a book on how he made it in life.

There is something to learn from it.The only area i do not support him is in
his harem of children.Haba!where is family planning for heaven's sake.

I read one of Atiku's interviews where he gave reasons for having many children.

He said his mother had two children viz himself and his senior sister.He said he didn't
have anybody to play with except his sister.Most of the times he always felt lonely,therefore,
he vowed his own children will not suffer the same fate.He started producing and breeding children
front right and centre.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by aljharem(m): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Hahahahahaha Atiku of APC, we believe you

We are waiting for Tinubu's version. I guess he went into Oil and Gas at the age of 2 and built an empire. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by ola6: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2014
aljharem: Hahahahahaha Atiku of APC, we believe you

We are waiting for Tinubu's version. I guess he went into Oil and Gas at the age of 2 and built an empire. wink
Laff wan kill me for hia! grin
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by zendy: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2014
I remember reading somewhere during the time Atiku was VP that the government allocated over 200 security personnel to guard and protect just his family and I wondered why his family needed that amount of security for. 30 children?!! Now I know why! I don't buy the story he told about building other properties from "rent money". Did his tenants pay him 30 years advance? Any Nigerian who has ever been to Apapa wharf knows how Atiku and his fellow Custom officers made their money.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Lilimax(f): 9:24am On Oct 02, 2014
He fathered 30 Children? shocked
...when he's not a dog undecided

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Holywizard: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2014
How many innocent souls did he take?
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2014
30 children That is a great investment ??

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by chamboy(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2014

tinubu's Family is wealthy, His elder brother Father of Wale Tinubu sef is a Billionaire with Lagos Loot..... Tinubu started from Million to Billion if not trillion

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by luvinhubby(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2014

grin grin
LWKMD

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Oga we hear,at 15,you have built a house.

Tell us something else,this aint selling.

At 15,where most youth don't even know their right from left,yet you have built a house,maybe sand house sha.
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2014
zendy: Any Nigerian who has ever been to Apapa wharf knows how Atiku and his fellow Custom officers made their money.
I know a LOT about that, but no need for details. Suffice it to say that some of the top dogs in Apapa and other 'juicy' Customs area commands make millions in cash DAILY. The main ogas there are probably as rich as some governors, believe it or not. Atiku was certainly a billionaire long before he became VP. . . .courtesy of the Nigerian Customs Service. He was the Comptroller of Apapa Wharf Area Command as far back as 1982. To put things in perspective, Apapa Wharf always generates more money quarterly than most states receive as annual allocations. That tells you all you need to know.

I read an old foreign newspaper article sometime ago about Atiku's turbanning as Turaki Adamawa in 1982, and how the Yola Airport was overrun with private jets and chartered planes by dignitaries attending the ceremony. Pity I can't find that article anymore. No be today the man begin thief money.
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by tyson99(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2014
pro01:
I know a LOT about that, but no need for details. Suffice it to say that some of the top dogs in Apapa and other 'juicy' Customs area commands make millions in cash DAILY. The main ogas there are probably as rich as some governors, believe it or not. Atiku was certainly a billionaire long before he became VP. . . .courtesy of the Nigerian Customs Service. He was the Comptroller of Apapa Wharf Area Command as far back as 1982. To put things in perspective, Apapa Wharf always generates more money quarterly than most states receive as annual allocations. That tells you all you need to know.

I read an old foreign newspaper article sometime ago about Atiku's turbanning as Turaki Adamawa in 1982, and how the Yola Airport was overrun with private jets and chartered planes by dignitaries attending the ceremony. Pity I can't find that article anymore. No be today the man begin thief money.

Story for the gods,if na ur papa dey there u go say make he no chop am abi Who no like better thing abi se na only salary jona dey spend
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2014
Zakkyoz: We know how you made your money as a sharp man during the regime of OBJ. Don't bother bother to explain.
Obj Ke? He made his money during his days as a custom officer before he became vp.

I like him sha because He is the only Thief cum Politician that invested heavily in Nigeria unlike other polithiefcians that launder our money in foreign banks.
He has several Businesses scattered all over Nigeria which includes
Adamaplast (plastic company)
Faro water and juice
Abti American university/pry/secondary sch
Printing press
Gotel TV and radio station
Highest investor at Onne port
Processed tomato company
Etc... Atiku was a Thief with class.
Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by GovWahala: 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
This Old thieving foolish fool should just shut his dirty mouth. He even has the audacity to pen this rubbish down. Bastard! Useless thief!

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by abbakacici: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
30 children that 30 votes guaranteed, he build his first house with 31000 and build a second house with the rent. i don't know how that is possible because from the little experience i have for property investment. average rent is 5%-15% of the price of the house thus the rent will not be more than 4000, assuming interest of 2% on the loan and 30 years payment plan thus he will be paying the government more 3000 every year so did expect us to believed that he build the second house with less than 1k

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku by dustydee: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
20pounds: Hmmmm He made money and fathered 30 children? That's cool cool. No wonder he wants to be in government by all means. The kids need to be taken care of.

Each time Atiku tries to sound smart, he ends up disgracing himself. He mortgaged his salary for 5 years to build a house? What was he living on before tenants started paying?
Sir, do you know the meaning of mortgage? It means he has to pay back part of the loan monthly for a specified number of years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will President Jonathan Tell Lagosians If He Campaigns In Lagos / GMB Has More Supporters On Nairaland Than GEJ(observation) / List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.