Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria (38082 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Xplicitonu: 9:07am On Oct 02, 2014
ProfCorruption: Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.
well, from recent happenings I think d only person dat lie for a living liar (lie) mohammed n he's been very quiet dis days... So any public release these days r truth.

4 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 9:08am On Oct 02, 2014
We need most importantly a viable steel industry and plastics / rubber industry.

Most car manufacturers rely on other small companies as none produce all the components by themselves

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:09am On Oct 02, 2014
luvinhubby:
And you the lie detector sitting behind your desktop there without any proof.?
How possible does this sound, 22 companies coming to Nigeria? I blame the admin for pushing this to the front page with just because the minister said it as being its source.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by samseen02(m): 9:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Good one
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Ahmeduana(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!
LET ME USE MYSELF AS EXAMPLE, I DON'T DELVE INTO TOPICS OR TREAD WHICH I KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT TO SAVE MYSELF FROM EMBARRASSMENT, but sometimes i may read just to update my knowledge and also to eradicate my ignorance. HENCEFORTH KNOW THAT SILENCE CAN BE GOLDEN! IF NOT YOUR PONTIFICATION MAY EARNS YOU DIRTY SLAP mrknowitall

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by UnknownT: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2014
anonimi:

Talk to your state governors and LGA chairmen who control 83% of Nigerian roads and receive billions monthly allocation from Abuja plus humongous IGR
You must have seen where i said 'most govt' n not FG
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 02, 2014
FlyboyZee: Which Ghana?
The one wey still dey owe Nigeria electricity bill?
Abi the one wey dey beg us make we no off the electricity?
the one that will soon export electricity to you.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by nigerianvenom(m): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2014
ProfCorruption: Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.

i can understand ur pains,u are used to lies,hence u hardly know the truth when it comes,sorry.

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 02, 2014
If this will make brand new cars less expensive and more affordable, then we cud start seeing our roads filled with less Carbon monoxide emitting, environment polluting Vehicles.

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by mainheart(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2014
Eldavido1:

Five companies have already set up plants and are into full operation presently.
pls can u give me their location if true
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by ekea2001: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Many of our skilled workers constantly eyeing a return home are on the move already.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 100Cents: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

How many vehicle manufacturers exist then ?

Smh...
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Eldavido1: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2014
RebelLeader15: Bros at where, pls can you mention the states in which they set up the plants?

Read my subsequent comments:
Nissan lagos:
Nissan Patrol Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), Nissan Almera
(Sunny) saloon car and the Nissan NP 300 pick-up. All produce in nigeria.

Innoson Enugu: IVM models, hummer bus, trucks and recently cars

Hyundai lagos: hyundai i10, grand and elantra

peougeot kaduna: Peugeot 301, 508 and 308 models

Anamco Anambra: yet to commence full production

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by anonimi: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2014
UnknownT: You must have seen where i said 'most govt' n not FG

I noticed that and must acknowledge that you are one of our few fellow countrymen who understand that the federal government alone is not responsible for all our roads.
However, given the fact that 83% of our roads are under the constitutional responsibility of our do-little-or-NOTHING states and LGAs, I hope you will also understand my emphasis on their ABANDONED role.

Can you imagine how many youths- unskilled labourers, technicians, engineers, administrators, accountants etc- will be employed directly if these two INDEPENDENT tiers of government lived up to their RESPONSIBILITY in just this sector by constructing new roads and regularly MAINTAINING existing ones Not to mention the spin-off multiplier effect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Eldavido1: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2014
mainheart: pls can u give me their location if true
Nissan lagos:

Innoson Nnewi: IVM models, hummer bus, trucks and recently cars

4 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 100Cents: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2014
mikeansy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

sorry sir you are talking based on what you know!

He doesn't even know anything.

He has not visited exhaustive car sites to see for himself.

Ask him how many cars he has driven all his life. Maybe none..

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 100Cents: 9:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Eldavido1:
Nissan lagos:

Innoson Enugu: IVM models, hummer bus, trucks and recently cars

Is IVM car plant in Emene, Enugu, Or Nnewi Anambra state ?

People are confusing something..

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Sibrah: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2014
mikeansy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

sorry sir you are talking based on what you know!
Don't forget tokumbo cars don't need assembly plants. The report is likely an exargerated one.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by OLADD: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2014
paramedic: There is still HOPE in this our Nigeria
[color=#006600][/color]

You are right. We just needy to be optimistic, patriotic, constructive and prayerful. Nigeria has potentials for greatness, all that is required is honesty from both the leaders and the led.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2014

Bros u lie!! Even forbes says there are too many car manufacturing companies in the world. that was as of 2008
www.forbes.com/2008/12/17/gm-chrysler-bailout-leadership-cx_mm_1217autos.html

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Eldavido1: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2014
100Cents:

Is IVM car plant in Emene, Enugu, Or Nnewi Anambra state ?

People are confusing something..

Thanks for the correction, I think it's Nnewi anambra state
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2014
If we are still battling with power, I don't see how feasible that is goin to be. 22 plants! Hmmm
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by seyopsy1(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2014
This is good o...at least the companies will employ nigerians to work for them...the govt should make sure they employ nigerians o and not foreigners,at least unemployment rate will reduce a bit

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Mars88(m): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2014
They best deal with Electricity real quick cos epileptic power in Nigeria is disgraceful @ 2014/54years
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
It is all good, but until we are generating at least 80,000MW and Ajaokuta is back on stream....what happened in the 1980's will happen again.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Emekus999(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2014
gej till 2019...his administration has dix significance...no mate

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by livingstoneony(m): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2014
They want to cripple our indigenous Innoson... sad

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by obua: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
Go to http://www.nac.org.ng/
We are actually at the treshhold of an industrial revolution
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 10:44am On Oct 02, 2014
20pounds: Time to buy that Rolls Royce.
sorry bro but they're not coming grin
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Melinde: 10:47am On Oct 02, 2014
publicenemy: in search of cheap labour and bribe-able government officials.
you lack sense of development
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by gabicon: 10:47am On Oct 02, 2014
I won't blame anyone for not believing cos they sold us something similar in 2011 as regards the modular refineries 4 in number with prospective locations, and as we can all see they are available. Nigeria has transcended into the era of seeing is believing, promises are not always kept and if we as Nigerians haven't learnt anything we ought to have learnt that. Kudos to the government for the vehicle plants running but as for d 22 manufacturers wen we see d vehicles on our streets we will den acknowledge their efforts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Ferrari 288 GTO Worth $2 Million Stolen By Would-be Buyer During Test Drive / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.