Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria (38089 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
I love my country.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Pennywise(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
ProfCorruption: Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.

And he is a thief too.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Philadelphia: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
Please can someone tell me the manufacturer of this vehicle? Or can any of the 22 manufacturers manufacturer the 2016 model of it? I mean the full option o. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by clem305D(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
This is what am talking about...Nigeria will be there soon; I know that for sure just a matter of time
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kERMR42uUmg

[size=15pt] 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria[/size]

Volkswagen is in talks with the Nigerian government to establish an auto-assembly plant in Nigeria in December. At least 22 vehicle companies are discussing setting up operations in Africa’s largest economy. This comes after Nigeria introduced an automotive policy which increases duties on imported vehicles. Eleni Giokos speaks to the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hat are the specifics? Will they get import waivers on production materials or will they source locally. My guess is as good as anybody's..they will simply be assembly plants. They get tax breaks, employ cheap labour and export for the international market because it makes economical sense since they cannot gain all the cost of production benefits and turn around to squander it on cheap unprofitable local sales. Where are the local manufacturers. I hear innosson is quite the competition... BEANS!!! grin
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Sopino: 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!
. We have upto that figure in vehicle/automotive industry's. Its d popular ones in Nigeria that u know.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by deeobserver209(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
ITbomb: We need most importantly a viable steel industry and plastics / rubber industry.

Most car manufacturers rely on other small companies as none produce all the components by themselves
Exactly.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by bengoodcreature: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
I know that with time an Egg will walk
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
I'm still pondering on the effects all these foreign manufacturing firms will have on our indigenous firms like innoson. the federal government should not dance in the euphoria of foreign investments in the country at the detriment of our local firms
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by deeobserver209(m): 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
gatiano: Just when innoson rose up to making our own cars, the white gathered up in secret determined to undermine the growth of the nigerian made car. and agaga and group went behind to collect feed back from their masters in citi group against his own father's development. i think it is best that we should begin to do black first then others later.
I share your concern. In as much as its good news to know that foreign auto companies are willing to set up car plants in the country, the Nigerian government must thread carefully to avoid foreign domination of our Automobile Manufacturing sector.

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
he has being lying since the moment he was concieved
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by shady26(m): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
ELECTION cAMPAIGN sTUNTS
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by rhames(m): 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2014

of all the liars in the world,Olusegun Aganga is the greatest of them all. He means goodnite when he says good morning. grin
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
I wonder how many car manufacturers there are world wide sef undecided

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by LeoSanchez(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
uhuuu.. Need for speed naija edition. Fleet of fast n crazy cars in Nigeria...
Mustang
viper
lamborgini
Audi r8 to mention a few.
Umm buh na for which road dem wan dey?
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Ekugbeh(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ok no probz. Im settin up mine sha. #Team keke
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by damola57: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Until when we c o. grin
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
slap1: 22 different vehicle manufacturers or 22 assembly plants? Good news, either way.

Vehicle manufacturers set up assembly plants to produce their vehicles. What are you talking about? A car assembly plant IS the EXACT SAME THING as a ''car manufacturing plant''. You people should stop spreading IGNORANCE with your DUMB, NON EXISTENT distinction between 'car manufacturing' and 'car assembly'.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
sexylogan:

It's not enough for them to want to build factories in Nigeria.
Let's learn from countries like India. When these car companies wanted to set up in their country, their governments insisted that a percentage of the staff must be indigenous thus creating thousands of jobs.

How do you know Nigeria does not have indigenous representation stipulated in a clause, in agreements governing these developments? You people just open your mouth gboa gboa to criticize blindly with zero research. You think you know more than people like Olusegun Aganga, Okonjo-Iweala and co? Those are top dogs in international business with vast experience. The least you could do is RESEARCH what they're doing before criticizing blindly. shocked

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 50pseamer(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Day Dreamers, How Many people can afford new vehicles in Nigeria?, How many peoples salary is robust enough to accommodate car loan deductions?, how much does a level 8 officer in federal service earn?, how many units of cars will each of the automakers make to be competitive?, Im afraid our leaders are only deceiving the people and hardly know the implication of ill thought out policies they make, i would have preferred that they focus on ending petrol imports which is draining our national pocket, and provide stable electricity, let the economy grow which will happen when there is stable electricity, and this companies will come on their own will. I can assure you that the manufactured cars will be a rip off to Nigerian, the volume that will drive large scale automation that will bring down production cost is absent, and most component parts also have to be imported.
its a stupid policy.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
50pseamer: Day Dreamers, How Many people can afford new vehicles in Nigeria?, How many peoples salary is robust enough to accommodate car loan deductions?, how much does a level 8 officer in federal service earn?, how many units of cars will each of the automakers make to be competitive?, Im afraid our leaders are only deceiving the people and hardly know the implication of ill thought out policies they make, i would have preferred that they focus on ending petrol imports which is draining our national pocket, and provide stable electricity, let the economy grow which will happen when there is stable electricity, and this companies will come on their own will. I can assure you that the manufactured cars will be a rip off to Nigerian, the volume that will drive large scale automation that will bring down production cost is absent, and most component parts also have to be imported.
its a stupid policy.

POPPYCOCK.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by kipesco(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!

When will u stop childish behaviour and atleast appreciate what has been done.
I won't be surprised that u after eating your mother's food will tell ur mother to her face her food is not sweet.
When Amaechi started teachers' recruitment many people did not enroll thinking its a scam but today young graduates are earning at least 70k.
Learn to appreciate and stop to discriminate less u regret in future.

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by slap1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Vehicle manufacturers set up assembly plants to produce their vehicles. What are you talking about? A car assembly plant IS the EXACT SAME THING as a ''car manufacturing plant''. You people should stop spreading IGNORANCE with your DUMB, NON EXISTENT distinction between 'car manufacturing' and 'car assembly'.
Albert Einstein, Peugeot can establish 10 assembly plants in Nigeria. Would that equal ONE because it's owned by a company? Read my post closely and observe where I put 'different'.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 50pseamer(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

POPPYCOCK.
call me anything you want , it only shows your level of maturity, ive worked in auto manufacturing to be specific, daimler mercedes, and i know what it takes.
Time will tell
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by manutdadex(m): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
shoprite:

He said "credible manufacturers" . . . now look at that your list again from wikipedia and sincerely tell me how many vehicles from the listed manufacturers you find on our roads . . .or on the other hand, which of those vehicles will you be very comfortable to own?
jst because they are nt on our road doesnt mean they are nt credible...we knw Nigerian and there carve for *brands* like Toyota...and if they are not most of these cars wud nt b sold..
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
manutdadex: jst because they are nt on our road doesnt mean they are nt credible...we knw Nigerian and there carve for *brands* like Toyota...and if they are not most of these cars wud nt b sold..

What is this one saying?
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am dancing Azonto now! Good! I want to see more companies in Nigeria to create more jobs for teeming youths. One thing, the people of Nigeria must cut down on producing more kids so that the country can move forward. Too many nuisances out there destroying the image of the country.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
If we are to move developed we need to get organized first and then civilized the people. They are two important ingredients any developed nation can not do without. Nigeria must move forward!
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 1:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Jonathan will come here and tell us now that Nigeria is developing , Shekau dead really / and then 22 automanufacturers want to have plans in Nigeria , E easy /
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by ddeola: 3:26am On Oct 03, 2014
It's a good thing but these people are not true with themselves. They are NOT making our economy competitive enough though we have the resources and market. Imagine what will happen if the president of Ghana talk to the same people, will they choose Ghana or Nigeria?

So ogas at the top should wake up and do something !
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by calabardick(m): 6:55am On Oct 03, 2014
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kERMR42uUmg

[size=15pt] 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria[/size]

Volkswagen is in talks with the Nigerian government to establish an auto-assembly plant in Nigeria in December. At least 22 vehicle companies are discussing setting up operations in Africa’s largest economy. This comes after Nigeria introduced an automotive policy which increases duties on imported vehicles. Eleni Giokos speaks to the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga.

all these criminals, when election is near the corner, they'll always fabricate lies that will sustain them in office.

i refuse to belief in nigeria, it's just a comedy show directed by head comedian nathan the fisherman. vuck satan
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by nathdim: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2014
while apc is times 10 a liar than aganga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Ferrari 288 GTO Worth $2 Million Stolen By Would-be Buyer During Test Drive / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.