Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? (2477 Views)

How Do I Stop This Without Hurting Them / Can One End A Relationship Without Hurting Anyone? / How To Break Up With A Girl/guy Without Hurting Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Mindependent(f): 12:52am On Oct 02, 2014
If someone you loved was to inevitably break up with you and if you had the choice before hand, how would you like it to be done? I was discussing with my friend as she is currently dating someone but started seeing a new man recently and she was thinking of breaking up with her bf without hurting him, my opinion was for her to be honest with him but she said she would rather not tell him the true reasons so as not to hurt him further. What are your thoughts? undecided
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by cocoberry(f): 12:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Brb
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Girls can be so wicked, sorry she didn't love the guy

Chai make I love one, make she con dey fall 4 a new guy, girls are the causes of their own problem

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by freshbear(m): 1:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Mindependent: If someone you loved was to inevitably break up with you and if you had the choice before hand, how would you like it to be done? I was discussing with my friend as she is currently dating someone but started seeing a new man recently and she was thinking of breaking up with her bf without hurting him, my opinion was for her to be honest with him but she said she would rather not tell him the true reasons so as not to hurt him further. What are your thoughts? undecided
tell dat ur friend what goes around surely comes around.

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Odunharry(m): 1:23am On Oct 02, 2014
He doesnt deserve his current bf walahi....imagine wickedness in high place..
I knw if it a guy that want to do otherwise we for don hear all guys are d same,guys r wicked..

Chaii,many gals aint loyal

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by naijaboiy: 1:31am On Oct 02, 2014
The Op asked for advice and not the bashing of her friend undecided

@topic
I don't think there is anyway she can call off the relationship without hurting the bf in question...except they weren't madly in love.

So let her keep it real smiley
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Swot26(m): 1:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Truely her cup will be full oneday,just advice her to continuuuu

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:48am On Oct 02, 2014
In all respect, i don't think she loves d guy.
She'll only be deceiving herself if she claim she loves d guy and she is seeing another guy.
Haba!

It'll be good and the best way from my perspective, is for the girl to talk one-on-one with the guy. Tell him the real reason why you are breaking up with him.

That would be good.
Cos the truth will surely surface one day, and by then the terms might not be favourable.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Wristler: 2:42am On Oct 02, 2014
Lovepeddlers everywhere undecided ....No two ways to this. Op, tell your twisted friend she can make an omelette without breaking an egg.
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by StealthyMe(m): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Without hurting him/her? Only happens if they weren't truely in love... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 02, 2014
StealthyMe: Without hurting him/her? Only happens if they weren't truely in love... undecided
You took those words right out of my brains.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Mindependent: What are your thoughts? undecided
It is so simple ... She should just turned the table around and make him to dump her ...... i.e you will stop satisfying the relationship under one guise ,excuses or the other while still playing the love card ..... Take up some unworthy character that can put him off while playing the emotional cards ..... he will be scared and in no time .... he will be pushed to getting bored and stepping-off thinking he's doing himself some good by dumping her for good while you will be achieving your goals of making him dump you without qualms !!

Just make him do the dumping and he won't get hurt .......... Each party will get what they want in no time of within a year !!
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by StealthyMe(m): 3:54am On Oct 02, 2014
glitest:
You took those words right out of my brains.

Huh...I read minds cheesy
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Jarchi(m): 4:04am On Oct 02, 2014
We all wanna upgrade,naw I see why the divorce syndrome is waxing in strength,if she not gonna marry the guy why not tell the guy and move to the right man,wats the shit of dating someone we won't marry.
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by boboLIL(m): 5:42am On Oct 02, 2014
gals and materialism.. If she qot heartbroken, she wil start sayin all guys ar d same..( d most stupid comment i av eva cm acros)

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by infantrydoctor(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2014
Mindependent: If someone you loved was to inevitably break up with you and if you had the choice before hand, how would you like it to be done? I was discussing with my friend as she is currently dating someone but started seeing a new man recently and she was thinking of breaking up with her bf without hurting him, my opinion was for her to be honest with him but she said she would rather not tell him the true reasons so as not to hurt him further. What are your thoughts? undecided

Breaking up with him will hurt him, that is if he loves her. Hurt is hurt, l believe. So, l think she should just be frank with him and tell him what she didnt like about him. It may be hurting but it will help the guy in his future relationship. Afterall they never married in the first place, so she deserves the best. If she feels the new guy is better, so be it. He should develop himself and get a better girl too. However, permit me to say this......my girl cannot just leave me for another guy. That is my hardwork. Am always proving am the best. Simple. So all guys should work hard to attain that level when your girl cannot just even imagine leaving.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Greyworld: 6:07am On Oct 02, 2014
donroxy: It is so simple ... She should just turned the table around and make him to dump her ......

Just make him do the dumping and he won't get hurt .......... Each party will get what they want in no time of within a year !!

See hw yu dey plan guy man relationship funeral. Wu knws wat sm dude is sayin 2 yur galfrnd's frnd ryt nw. Just kiddin
Min while @ op won't advise yur frnd 2 b in a R/ship wer ha hrt belongs smwer else bt its beta she tells d guy honestly n believe mi he won't remain hurt 4 Eva.... Bt if he discovers on his own abt d new guy, d luv dey shared (if der was any) is ruind. Ma opinion sha.
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2014
It.Will hurt but life goes on.
She shouldn't tell him, allow him to figure it out on his own by her actions.
Stop replying his texts
Stop picking his calls
And stop visiting him.

But just incase she still likes him, she should keep him as the "side guy". The new guy might disappoint so I won't advice her to put all her eggs in one basket.
Sisterly advice
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
She should tell him.
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by Mindependent(f): 2:32am On Oct 03, 2014
From what I understood from her, I don't think she is being wicked or went out of her way to hurt anyone; it just so happened that she loves this new guy more and he provides for her in more ways than her boyfriend and I'm not talking about money wink I'll try to convince her to open up to him and tell him but I know this would be very hard cos according to her, she doesn't think he'll take it well. Also, speaking for her, I don't think karma is relevant in this scenario as some suggested because sometimes, you can't help who you fall in love with. It wasn't planned by her. Thanks for the contributions so far smiley
Re: Best Way To Break Up With Someone You Love Without Hurting Them? by stinggy(m): 4:04am On Oct 03, 2014
andromida: She should tell him.
No, she should just leave him hanging. Who knows, feelings might grow back one day

(1) (Reply)

Your Boo Or 15 Million Naira? / Am So Tired Of Being Single / Photo: Do You Love Twins ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.