Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola (31431 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 1:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Jonathan, PDP can’t claim credit for defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola

[b]Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said that the true heroes behind Nigeria’s success in curtailing the spread of Ebola Virus Disease are not those campaigning across the country.

In his Independence Day address in Lagos, Wednesday, Mr. Fashola said that credit should not be taken away from the health workers who helped curtailed the virus.

At various rallies across Nigeria, ruling party politicians have continued to cite Nigeria’s success on the virus as among the achievements of President Goodluck Jonathan and the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party.
“I have heard some stories emanating from campaign podiums with claims of conquering Ebola,” said Mr. Fashola.
“The question we must ask is whether those who make these claims saw Ebola?
“It is women like Stella Ameyo Adedevoh to whom such a claim rightly belongs.
“It is young Nigerians like Dr. Morris Ibeawuchi, who first made contact with the index case patient and continued to treat him who saw and conquered Ebola.

“He got infected, from doing his job, got sick, survived and is back to his job.
“It is first responders from the Lagos State Ministry of Health like Dr. Jide Idris, Dr. Yewande Adesina, Dr. Wale Ahmed, Dr. Kayode Oguntimehin who saw Ebola.

“They responded to the call from First Consultant Hospital. They spent 12 (Twelve) hours daily in the early days supervising the construction of Ebola containment facility when the epidemic broke.
“The Lagos State Infectious Disease Hospital which later became the epicenter of Ebola management used to house tuberculosis patients and patients with infectious diseases.
“Those patients vented their anger on these people when they had to be moved to create room for the Ebola centre. I know they spat at Dr. Adesina for doing her job.

“Dr. Abdul-Salam Nasidi of the National Disease Control Centre in Abuja saw and conquered Ebola. He helped in no small way to co-ordinate the containment.
“Dr. David Brett-Mayor of the World Health Organization saw and conquered Ebola. He single handedly started the Ebola isolation ward having cleared and cleaned the room. He admitted and cared for the patients before any Nigerian doctor joined him.
“Professor S. A. Omilabu, the dedicated virologist at LUTH, saw Ebola and conquered it. He coordinated the fault free testing for Ebola and managed all the samples professionally.

“Peter Adewuyi saw Ebola and conquered it. He led the contact tracing team of many dedicated officers for the first 2 (two) weeks.
“Mrs. Funmi Lagbokun, Mrs. Modupe Aiyedun Davies, Mrs. Basirat Adeoye, Ms F. O. Bamgboye, Mrs. K. O. Oshisanya, Mrs. Kazeem Abioye, Mrs. Abiola Lasaki and Mrs. K. Adeshina all saw and conquered Ebola.

“They were the dedicated team of nurses, nursing aid, care giver, health assistant and hygienist who commenced work voluntarily in the Ebola containment ward without any demand other than the sense of duty.
“Yemi Gbadegesin and Abdulsalam saw and conquered Ebola.
“They coordinated the de-contamination, removal and burial of the index case and other cases, and it is because of them that First Consultant can re-open for business.
“Dear Lagosians, these were the people who saw and defeated Ebola. Let no person tell you otherwise.
“These men and women, who showed courage, who risked their lives are our true champions and heroes.
“They showed the spirit of service, the spirit of Lagos and the spirit of our “good old days”.
“Nobody should take this credit away from them.

“They are not celebrating because they know that the work is not finished. They are already working with our people and planning to volunteer to go and give help in Sierra Leone and Liberia.
“Their reward for hard work will be more work and they tell me that they are ready,” Mr. Fashola added.
In what was his last Independence Day participation as the governor, Mr. Fashola urged Lagosians and Nigerians to return to those values that made Nigeria great in the past.

“How can you serve your country? I say, take the spirit of Lagos everywhere you go,” Mr. Fashola said.
“From Badagry to Bayelsa; from Shomolu to Sokoto; from Epe to Ebonyi; Alimosho to Adamawa; from Lekki to Lafia; From Ikeja to Ijebu-Ode, all of us, Nigerians all should serve our country by changing our thinking and striving to give our best for collective benefit.
“By making a conscious determination to changing the way we act. We can serve our country by doing something good and positive in our homes, in our schools and in our communities.

“It doesn’t matter how little it is. Together it makes a whole. We can serve our country by pledging in our hearts to restore, share and protect our communities, our States and our nation,” Mr. Fashola said.
“In the weeks and months ahead, we will begin to celebrate ordinary Nigerians doing extra-ordinary things. And on a dedicated day in the near future we will come together to celebrate and honour our heroes, and hold them up as shining examples. Heroes recognised and chosen by you and I for the things they are doing for the benefit of others and the society at large without expectation of reward.
“Let the arm bands you are wearing be a constant reminder to change your thinking. We will distribute wrist bands all over Lagos and beyond. Wear them with pride but more importantly, let them remind you to act with integrity.

“As I have said before, I know that the temptation to focus on our failures and lament our national deficiencies is great. I know that the temptation to compare our achievements with our potentials and conclude that we could have done much better is perhaps inevitable. But I say to you the Nigerian youth, choose to take on a more positive attitude. It is a choice and that choice is yours,” he added.[/b]

Premium Times..

368 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by lakpalakpa: 2:05am On Oct 02, 2014
It will be very unfair and a great loss to Nigerians if Fashola doesn't rule as President. He shows in very clear terms how well he understands the basics of good governance.

Eko ONI baje oooo!!!!

cool

424 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by FastShipping: 2:05am On Oct 02, 2014
Well said Governor............

It is a disgrace for anyone (Jonathan and PDP faithfuls) to claim credit for the success against the spread of Ebola in Nigeria. Ebola came to Lagos and was curtailed in Lagos. Good job by the Governor, commissioner for Health in Lagos and the medical team in Lagos.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 2:08am On Oct 02, 2014
To start with, these worthless and incompetent losers let Ebola into Nigeria after lying to Nigerians that they have Ebola vaccine that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth and even did little or nothing to fight the virus in Nigeria, now the crude, crass and incompetent clowns are taking credit when in fact the credit belongs to the brave medical doctors, first responders and the rest of the folks on the ground endangering their lives to keep us safe.

How low can these worthless scumbags sink?

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Obynobyl(m): 2:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Although I support pdp and this current president, I will gladly vote for Fashola if APC gives him the ticket, but if its the same crop of recycled leaders presonified in Atiku and co, I'll rather remain with GEJ.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by FastShipping: 2:13am On Oct 02, 2014
Obynobyl: Although I support pdp and this current president, I will gladly vote for Fashola if APC gives him the ticket, but if its the same crop of recycled leaders presonified in Atiku and co, I'll rather remain with GEJ.

Are you satisfied with what we've got from PDP since 1999 at the national level?

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ROCKJ1(m): 2:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Lagos state tried, the federal ministry of health also tried. It's a collective effort. The most important thing is that Ebola is gone.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Obynobyl(m): 2:24am On Oct 02, 2014
FastShipping:

Are you satisfied with what we've got from PDP since 1999 at the national level?
I'm certainly not satisfied but APC is not better than PDP, its just the same set of politicians running around from one party to another, as I said earlier if an aspirant better than GEJ comes into the fray, He will have my vote.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Obynobyl(m): 2:24am On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by taharqa: 2:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Fashola shld keep his fucckin mouth SHUT. WTH!!! I kinda like Fash but I just find frivilous peeps disgusting! If d ebola outbreak had become an epidermic, wud Fash not hv been amongst d loudmouths callin Jona's name and askin for his head. Wait! Weren't dis same Fash and Co already blamin him for 'allowin' Sawyer tru d 'national' airport wen they thought it might get outa hand.... Who provided the facilities and personnels at d National Disease Control Centre, d very body in charge of coordinating the onslaught against ebola? Who provided d framework for d tracing of suspected 'contact' persons? Who servd as d link bw critical international bodies like d CDC, World bank and Doctorswithoutborders? Who provided continuous and effective screening at our Airports, Seaports and border crossings? Who provided d protective gears, drugs and oda equipments to most states centres across d country? Who coordinated Info dissemination during d period, a very critical part of disease control anywhere? Who fucckin gave both Lagos and Rivers state #200m each to fight d disease? Who in their read senses wud even questn d central role of a national Govt in any sort of disease control sef??

260 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Wristler: 2:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Fashola has always proved how intelligent and better he is a leader.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 2:37am On Oct 02, 2014
[s]
taharqa: Fashola shld keep his fucckin mouth SHUT. WTH!!! I kinda like Fash but I just find frivilous peeps disgusting! If d ebola outbreak had become an epidermic, wud Fash not hv been amongst d loudmouths callin Jona's name and askin for his head. Wait! Weren't dis same Fash and Co already blamin him for 'allowin' Sawyer tru d 'national' airport wen they thought it might get outa hand.... Who provided the facilities and personnels at d National Disease Control Centre, d very body in charge of coordinating the onslaught against ebola? Who provided d framework for d tracing of suspected 'contact' persons? Who servd as d link bw critical international bodies like d CDC, World bank and Doctorswithoutborders? Who provided continuous and effective screening at our Airports, Seaports and border crossings? Who provided d protective gears, drugs and oda equipments to most states centres across d country? Who coordinated Info dissemination during d period, a very critical part of disease control anywhere? Who fucckin gave both Lagos and Rivers state #200m each to fight d disease? Who in their read senses wud even questn d central role of a national Govt in any sort of disease control sef??
[/s]

Who let Ebola into Nigeria and exposed us to Ebola?

Who to Nigerians that Nigeria was ready for ebola with vaccines?

The same scumbags claiming credit for what they didn't do...

178 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 2:38am On Oct 02, 2014

The Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, has come under scathing criticism for telling a lie to Nigerians on the availability of medicines and vaccines for the fast killing Ebola Virus Disease, months before Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer, brought it into Nigeria.

Maku had on April 2, 2014, almost four months before Sawyer came into Nigeria, after the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting, told Nigerians that the country was prepared for any exigency in case the virus creeps into Nigeria.
The FEC had discussed the issue that day based on the fear, that eventually came to pass, that the Ebola Virus Disease, though not in the country then, could be contracted by Nigerians from fellow Africans visiting the country.

Maku, along side the Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, at the usually briefing of State House correspondents after the meeting on April 2, 2014, said: “Nigeria is ready because the Ministry (Ministry of Health) has taken every precaution, including getting the vaccines and medicines in case there was any incident in Nigeria.

Useless and untrustworthy people...

121 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by niggereyez(f): 2:41am On Oct 02, 2014
just wat i've been waiting to hear...
not the cra.p FG and minister for health hav been
spewing. .. mtcheeew.

u don't contain ebola by sitting in ur air
conditioned office and daily dishing out
number of confirmed cases, quarantined
cases, surveillance cases... (yea protocol
demands)... but credit shld first be given to
these brave men and women who did the
ground/real work.

61 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 2:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Dear Lagosians, these were the people who saw and defeated Ebola. Let no person tell you otherwise.
“These men and women, who showed courage, who risked their lives are our true champions and heroes.
“They showed the spirit of service, the spirit of Lagos and the spirit of our “good old days”.
“Nobody should take this credit away from them.

They are not celebrating because they know that the work is not finished. They are already working with our people and planning to volunteer to go and give help in Sierra Leone and Liberia.

“Their reward for hard work will be more work and they tell me that they are ready,” Mr. Fashola added.

Well said...

75 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 2:55am On Oct 02, 2014
In the weeks and months ahead, we will begin to celebrate ordinary Nigerians doing extra-ordinary things. And on a dedicated day in the near future we will come together to celebrate and honour our heroes, and hold them up as shining examples. Heroes recognised and chosen by you and I for the things they are doing for the benefit of others and the society at large without expectation of reward.

“Let the arm bands you are wearing be a constant reminder to change your thinking. We will distribute wrist bands all over Lagos and beyond. Wear them with pride but more importantly, let them remind you to act with integrity.

Very refreshing unlike the corrupt and incompetent people giving themselves honors and awards in Abuja for looting and incompetence.

71 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Waspy(m): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Wristler: Fashola has always proved how intelligent and better he is a leader.
True talk, he is way classy and responsible, especially with his calculated responses and political decorum

37 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 02, 2014
Don't give credit to fg for Ebola containment? Yes but blame the fg for missing chibok girls.
When it is failure blame the fg but when it is success deny them. Childish state governors.

156 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by rusher14: 3:10am On Oct 02, 2014
As difficult as it is to field Fashola as presidential candidate (for the obvious tribal elements), there has to be way, a compromise that has him somewhere, providing his leadership, stewardship and vision.

It is a dream, but Nigeria isn't ready for a renaissance.

So we would continue in our sluggish movement which sometimes takes us four paces behind our present position.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 3:10am On Oct 02, 2014
Fashola is saying trash, in my opinion, and should quit saying it. Since when has 'we' become 'I'!? undecided Those involved in the fight to ensure Ebola didn't escalate are Nigerians and did it selflessly for love of job and country. So, I don't think it is out of place for any one who to say we conquered Ebola (even though he wasn't directly involved) to mean that he is taking the credit to himself. When GEJ addressed the UN few days ago about Ebola he didn't say 'I conquered...' But 'we conquered...' So did the minister of health when he addressed the press. Because which ever which way you look at it, we all contributed to the success. I think what Fashola is trying to say, indirectly, is that the credit should go to him and not GEJ. Period! angry So, let him come out in black and white and say it instead of trying to argue about who should and shouldn't be credited angry

Had it been Lagosians and indeed Nigerians were careless and didn't follow the laid down precautionary steps to forestall the spread, do you think Fashola and his Lagos would have been able to contain it? The answer is 'No', and Fashola won't be saying this gibberish. Had it been the FG didn't swing into action to assist financially, materially and otherwise, what do you think would have happened? If Fashola knew his government could single handedly fight the disease why then was he making so much noise about not haven gotten Ebola funds from FG? Why did he eventually take the money from the FG? It's not about Lagos alone...it's about Nigeria and Nigerians fought and conquered Ebola. In a nutshell, therefore, credit goes to Nigeria, ultimately, because was a collective effort and nobody was a super star. So, Fashola, please keep quiet!

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by 2cato: 3:15am On Oct 02, 2014
lakpalakpa: It will be very unfair and a great loss to Nigerians if Fashola doesn't rule as President. He shows in very clear terms how well he understands the basics of good governance.

Eko ONI baje oooo!!!!

cool
trash as usual which is only fit for dusbing.
Without the facilities of the FG (medical compound yaba near railway market) would he have conqured it? Dont forget most of those people quarantine were done in a federal govt facilities and most of the doctors mention are of the federal level. What about the N200million given to him, oh may be it is for him to keep in his personal account.
Politics of hatred, pulling down and jelousy will do us no good.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 3:15am On Oct 02, 2014
niggereyez: just wat i've been waiting to hear...
spewing. .. mtcheeew.

ground/real work.

@ the bolded. And who said credit was not given to them?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ayindejimmy(m): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2014
Obynobyl: I'm certainly not satisfied but APC is not better than PDP, its just the same set of politicians running around from one party to another, as I said earlier if an aspirant better than GEJ comes into the fray, He will have my vote.
even if fasola did not fly is party's flag in the presidential election, having someone like him in APC means a ray of hope. at least he can become a Vice President or play an integral part in an APC led govtWith that we know someone that knows what he's doing is in power. thats enough reason for me to vote APC

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by 2cato: 3:16am On Oct 02, 2014
arresa: To start with, these worthless and incompetent losers let Ebola into Nigeria after lying to Nigerians that they have Ebola vaccine that doesn't exist anywhere on the surface of the earth and even did little or nothing to fight the virus in Nigeria, now the crude, crass and incompetent clowns are taking credit when in fact the credit belongs to the brave medical doctors, first responders and the rest of the folks on the ground endangering their lives to keep us safe.

How low can these worthless scumbags sink?
Without the facilities of the FG (medical compound yaba near railway market) would he have conqured it? Dont forget most of those people quarantine were done in a federal govt facilities and most of the doctors mention are of the federal level. What about the N200million given to him, oh may be it is for him to keep in his personal account.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by 2cato: 3:19am On Oct 02, 2014
niggereyez: just wat i've been waiting to hear...
spewing. .. mtcheeew.

ground/real work.
crap crap crap.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ochilikoko(m): 3:27am On Oct 02, 2014
ROCKJ1: Lagos state tried, the federal ministry of health also tried. It's a collective effort. The most important thing is that Ebola is gone.
you deserve a handshake for this audible reasoning

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 3:43am On Oct 02, 2014
davo3286:

So, I don't think it is out of place for any one who to say we conquered Ebola

Political parties shouldn't be taking credit and campaigning with ebola at the expense of the brave men and women that sacrificed their lives by paying the ultimate price.. That was thoughtless, mindless, crude, irresponsible and crass..

I think what Fashola is trying to say, indirectly, is that the credit should go to him and not GEJ. Period!

It is women like Stella Ameyo Adedevoh to whom such a claim rightly belongs. - Fashola.

Dear Lagosians, these were the people who saw and defeated Ebola. Let no person tell you otherwise.
These men and women, who showed courage, who risked their lives are our true champions and heroes.
They showed the spirit of service, the spirit of Lagos and the spirit of our “good old days”.
Nobody should take this credit away from them. - Fashola

Had it been Lagosians and indeed Nigerians were careless and didn't follow the laid down precautionary steps to forestall the spread

What are these precautionary steps? Speeches and news conference. Abeg list them including the one that let ebola into Nigeria in the first place and the ebola vaccine they lied about...

Had it been the FG didn't swing into action to assist financially, materially and otherwise, what do you think would have happened?

Do you people read news or follow current affairs? What financial and material was provided. The Lagos state government and legislature released funds to fight ebola while your FG lied about releasing funds which they didn't do till victory was declared in Lagos and when the governor welcomed the survivors.

If Fashola knew his government could single handedly fight the disease why then was he making so much noise about not haven gotten Ebola funds from FG? Why did he eventually take the money from the FG?

Lagos state money fought Ebola, your FG change showed up after the fact when it was all over... It was medicine after death..

credit goes to Nigeria, ultimately, because it's a collective effort and nobody was a super star. So, Fashola, please keep quiet

Like Fashola said, credit goes to the men and women on the ground fighting ebola including the ones that sacrificed their lives...

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 3:48am On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: crap crap crap.
Without the facilities of the FG (medical compound yaba near railway market) [/b]would he have conqured it? Dont forget most of those people quarantine were done in a federal govt facilities and most of the doctors mention are of the federal level. What about the N200million given to him, oh may be it is for him to keep in his personal account.

[b]Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1610829_img_153498046288193_jpeg_jpege82ce53261a917fe9ef501eb79175948

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1610828_img_153479333851144_jpeg_jpeg1da10beb566f7ae0d4327cb622bd78d4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1610826_img_153469637345728_jpeg_jpeg9635540b9d330444bfa2ee64db55a9c5

https://www.nairaland.com/1849471/fashola-inspects-isolation-unit-ebola

Btw, your FG funds showed up in September after the fight when Fasola was welcoming and supporting the survivors..

59 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Amanwulu1(m): 3:57am On Oct 02, 2014
ok bt if d other way they go blame am.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Sibabasibaba1: 3:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Fashola, to my mind, is the one playing politics here. The President talked about how united Nigerians were in tackling ebola, eschewing party politics. Fashola is here trying to score cheap political points. He talked about LUTH and National Centre for Disease Control, Abuja. Are those Lagos State owned institutions? The daily briefings of the Minister of Health on ebola helped in reassuring Nigerians. Coordinated timely information provision in times of emergency is one of the ways epidemics are contained and the Minister did well in that.

It was the FG that traced the nurse who escaped to Enugu, it was also the FG that moved to PH to help contain the virus there.

Noone person can take the glory of containing ebola. It was contained through concerted efforts. And I dont think the FG has claimed it contained Ebola without other heroes.

For Fashola to begin to insinuate that smacks of gross irresponsibility

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 4:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Sibabasibaba1: Fashola, to my mind, is the one playing politics here. The President talked about how united Nigerians were in tackling ebola, eschewing party politics. Fashola is here trying to score cheap political points. He talked about LUTH and National Centre for Disease Control, Abuja. Are those Lagos State owned institutions? The daily briefings of the Minister of Health on ebola helped in reassuring Nigerians. Coordinated timely information provision in times of emergency is one of the ways epidemics are contained and the Minister did well in that.

It was the FG that traced the nurse who escaped to Enugu, it was also the FG that moved to PH to help contain the virus there.

Noone person can take the glory of containing ebola. It was contained through concerted efforts. And I dont think the FG has claimed it contained Ebola without other heroes.

For Fashola to begin to insinuate that smacks of gross irresponsibility

Ko deni dafun e!

40 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senate Will Reconvene To Consider Ministerial List — Saraki / "Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu Dedicate Son, Aragorn At COZA Church,Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.