Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga (2953 Views)

Mobil-1 5w20 And 5w-30 Oil / Have You Used Milemaster 5w-30 Oil Before? / Why You Should Use 5w-20 , 5w-30 Engine Oils For Cars Between 2000-2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by anneki(m): 6:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Hello All,

I just noticed that MileMaster Oils are now being sold for N6000 on Konga.

Seems nearly all their service packs have also been adjusted price wise.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by talk2odim: 8:45am On Oct 02, 2014
anneki: Hello All,

I just noticed that MileMaster Oils are now being sold for N6000 on Konga.

Seems nearly all their service packs have also been adjusted price wise.

Yeah noticed it too...wondering why though!
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by anneki(m): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Konga has reduced what it charges as commission. So sellers / vendors have adjusted their prices accordingly. I also noticed that konga now delivers for N500 within Lagos and N1000 outside Lagos.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by Bossmd: 10:40am On Oct 02, 2014
anneki: Konga has reduced what it charges as commission. So sellers / vendors have adjusted their prices accordingly. I also noticed that konga now delivers for N500 within Lagos and N1000 outside Lagos.

Good Business for Konga.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by talk2odim: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2014
anneki: Konga has reduced what it charges as commission. So sellers / vendors have adjusted their prices accordingly. I also noticed that konga now delivers for N500 within Lagos and N1000 outside Lagos.

That used to be free. The delivery charges is not enticing when the total cost of products being ordered is on a relatively low side....
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by anneki(m): 4:16am On Oct 31, 2014
Konga uses third party courier companies who charge so they must pass this on.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by talk2odim: 10:00am On Oct 31, 2014
anneki:
Konga uses third party courier companies who charge so they must pass this on.
I found out the reduction in cost is actually as a result of competition by other brand sellers of semi synthetic oils which was beginning to take over market share. My ponder however is, if it could be sold for N6,000 before when then the initially high price. This my beloved country self......
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by anneki(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
I remember they started selling for N6100 when it came out. It moved to N7100 when konga started charging 15% commission and now has moved to the present price because konga now charges less than 5% commission. Their prices on jumia are higher. I learnt jumia charges 20% commission.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by talk2odim: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
anneki:
I remember they started selling for N6100 when it came out. It moved to N7100 when konga started charging 15% commission and now has moved to the present price because konga now charges less than 5% commission. Their prices on jumia are higher. I learnt jumia charges 20% commission.

well i guess there could be more than one reason, i met with the major distributor directly...my source of info.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by anneki(m): 11:59am On Nov 04, 2014
MileMaster Rep in Nigeria is based in Yaba, Lagos. I have also spoken with him. Their wholesale prices to their dealers has never changed. The only dealer that has maintained the N6000 RRP is one guy in Ikeja. All other dealers sell above that price. Konga has only aligned its prices back to where they started from.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by talk2odim: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
anneki:
MileMaster Rep in Nigeria is based in Yaba, Lagos. I have also spoken with him. Their wholesale prices to their dealers has never changed. The only dealer that has maintained the N6000 RRP is one guy in Ikeja. All other dealers sell above that price. Konga has only aligned its prices back to where they started from.
Yep i know they are at Yaba cos i buy directly from them and not Konga. When last they delivered to me he said it was cos of Costal semi-synthetic oil to be precise that they had to adjust their price so as not to loose out due to competition.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by 3ace(m): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
anneki:
Please, where exactly are they in Yaba? You could also leave their mobile number here. Thanks.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Please....anyone with their office addres and phone numbers....?
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by Milemaster: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hello Everyone.

Please allow us to chip in.

Coastal Oils blended by Warren and distributed by Autoselect have been in the country longer than MileMaster. Our formulations are different. Coastal uses Group 2 base stocks while we use Group 3 base oil stocks. MileMaster simply can't compete based on price alone and we are focusing on winning consumers who are presently dissatisfied with the present crop of conventional and synthetic oils in Nigeria.

We are continuously in deep talks with our local distributor - Solutions Plus Ltd- based in Lagos and they are doing everything possible to create the necessary awareness about 5w20 and 5w30 oil viscosities to ensure that the Nigerian motoring public receives the very best motor oil at a price point that makes sense while adding value.

Solutions Plus Ltd has its address at 297 Borno Way, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria and their numbers are 08035559999, 08095559999, and 07085559999. They will be able to answer all your enquires.

Thank you.
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by TCD: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Milemaster:
Hello Everyone.

Coastal Oils blended by Warren and distributed by Autoselect have been in the country longer than MileMaster. Our formulations are different. Coastal uses Group 2 base stocks while we use Group 3 base oil stocks. MileMaster simply can't compete based on price alone and we are focusing on winning consumers who are presently dissatisfied with the present crop of conventional and synthetic oils in Nigeria.

We are continuously in deep talks with our local distributor - Solutions Plus Ltd- based in Lagos and they are doing everything possible to create the necessary awareness about 5w20 and 5w30 oil viscosities to ensure that the Nigerian motoring public receives the very best motor oil at a price point that makes sense while adding value.

Solutions Plus Ltd has its address at 297 Borno Way, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria and their numbers are 08035559999, 08095559999, and 07085559999. They will be able to answer all your enquires.

Thank you.
Mr Milemaster, your solutionsltd website says you sell toyota type IV ATF. how much is it? and why is It not sold on Konga by you?
Re: Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga by dokilolo: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
Milemaster:
Hello Everyone.

Thank you.

do u guys have d fully synthetic 5w- 30 ?
if no, whats d percentage of synthetic oil in your 5w- 30 synthetic blend oils?

(1) (Reply)

My Toyota Corolla Was Stolen This Morning In Surulere / Please Help, Honda Accord EOD Acceleration Problem.i Need Solution / Why Will This Happen To A Mazda Car ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.