Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (26211 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by bennygreat1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
If and ONLY if you find the right Woman OR Man... Then get Married,don't be scared..

The Right One matters in the life of every individual.

That's Y the scripture says: He who finds a Wife/husband finds a GOOD tin..

Ciao.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Me sef day follow fear d tin sha, how I want take help u na?

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
obongproff: Me sef day follow fear d tin sha, how I want take help u na?
cool cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by uglyogre(f): 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
First define what is paramount to you and stick by it. Is it respect, love,compatibility, wealth, faithfulness,mutual understanding, patience,etc? what might be a deal to you might make no sense to another. it all boils down to what is important to you and not what others think
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by legendsilver(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
MissJennifer(f)
I can and I do face challenges but relationships are jus not for me,at least not now unless there's a miracle.
(
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
Am just so so scared of marriage
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Obynozidane(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
If you are not scared a bit about marriage, then u haven't met the wrong girl/guy once. But being afraid won't solve anything. Just marry who you love.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by gabriel212: 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
I will like to gain from the experiance of the married one.
In my own case, she gave me list of live i had to adopt in marriage like
1. no friends in my house
2. me not going to c friends
3. no watching of football match
and all this are must for me which had made me withdraw and back to the street

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by jaybee3(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
It's hard work but the key is getting married to your friend that understands you, willing to accommodate you and and your undeniable excess and above all loves you unconditionally.

Key Pointers
You have to be ready to listen
You have to be inclusive
You have to be supportive
Show feelings
Learn how to say sorry as of when found wanting
Learn how to appreciate even the bare little things
Don't be afraid to admit your wrongs
Be determined

bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by chamboy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
GUYS DON'T JUST MAKE THE MISTAKE OF MARRYING AN OLOSHO

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by repogirl(f): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage isn't easy, that's for sure....all I can say is be sure your intended spouse is one whom you can stick with through thick or thin and who has your interest and development at heart and vice versa

also, marriage is consistent work, if u slack, it will crash, finally let your spouse not only be God fearing but God adhering also, most decisions we make are of our own wisdom and most times turn out wrong, one needs the wisdom of God and His word to make the best of decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by emmanuelogbe(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
Go do church wedding, then u no go Fit divorce. If u do church wedding, u go stick to marriage come rain come shine. Those that are divorced never did church wedding. Abeg am not referring to Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okotie o.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
In as much as marraige is scary and seems boring waking up everyday to see just this one woman all the rest of your life.. its scarier to grow old alone, with no one to really call own - no one to depend on when you are too old to feed your self, wipe your ass and utterly dependent on people, friends are good but they cant leave thier family to take care of you, it's 'only' the family you own that will stay with you regardless when you need someone to lean on.

Faimily is everything - not the one your are from - but the one you create, Family begins with "MARRAIGE"

5 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Abduletudaye(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage makes one responsible but one should thread carefully as it is not something you can rush into. A married person has to have a lot of patience and a lot of understand. Although some spouses might not have all the qualities needed, it now falls on the other spouse to make them realise that both parties are in it together.. There you go. Another quality of marriage, Togetherness.

Am not married and presently am scared of ladies. sad

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by berrystunn(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
your age will advice you....
take a closer look at yourself.
don't forget age is just a number... some guys are 41y old , both still think like 31y or 26...

by advice is get a girl that is over ready ... not just ready but over ready and serious for marriage
she will be of help to make it work out for you.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage use to scare the life out of me until ........I'm no longer scared.

Although marriage is not a child's play, marriage nor be joke o.

Marriage on my mind sha. smiley

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yes, one advice, become a nun or priest.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Are people actually scared of getting married?

Anyway:-
1) I don't feel tied down...I got married to a man I love. that's why it's necessary to marry not just someone you love but a Friend. The truth is @ a point- marriage could get boring -especially when the kids start coming.
That's where friendship comes to play, you guys have to put your heads together and look for that 'spark'...

2)the most common sin any couple can commit is adultery and I can forgive my husband if he does that. As long as he isn't a serial adulterer and he shows remorse for the one he did.

3)The only advice I can give, is marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday.
-if he gets crippled - can you still tolerate him...the answer should be yes. if it's No- don't put head.

So far, my marriage is just like when we were dating. I look @ my husband and I see my 'boyfriend'...someone I can play with non-stop.
Never take it too serious...'freestyle'...let it flow. above all be responsible/prayerful.

6 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am scared of 2 things:

1. Running out of air freshener in the bathroom, I need a woman that can guarantee me that there will always be air-freshener in the bathroom. Please always use it when you finish with your business.

2. My wife getting fat, I once had a nightmare that I got married and she just started expanding from the first day till she swallowed me. The wife I marry must make a commitment like I have made to never put on unnecessary pounds, that's why gyms were created.

6 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
My advice is that you should not think of marring(if you are a man.) Marriage is a prison designed by our ancestors to imprison men and make women feel important. You can have all the sex and children without having to cope with a woman that grows fatter and fatter by the day, yells at you at the slightest provocation.
Don't marry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a prison that deters you from having as many women at any fucken time. Nothing is as bad as eating rice everyday. Even the bible tells us its good to be single. As a man, there is nothing as sweet as being free. Nothing as good as being independent. Pls don't marry, if you don't have the patience of Christ, you're gonna regret it. Divert the huge bride price and the other gigantic costs to judicious use. Pls don't marry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its bondage. To be forewarned is to be forearmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by ITbomb(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
amaprincess: One thing i like about this section is, there are so many matured minds here.
Matured minds ke, too late, it is already on the front page so the floor is open for all

One thing I have observed in Nigeria is that divorce cases are mostly from celebrity and over rich peeps who obviously married for the wrong reasons. From my dealing around me, I can't count up to 3 divorces for every 100 married people though sadly most preferred to remain in the marriage in spite of disappointments than divorce.

However, I don't see marriage are just two different people of different background stuck with each other for forever rather the motto that denotes a successful marriage is, 'PARTNERSHIP THAT WORKS'.

Being afraid of marriage just because you fear being stuck up with a different fellow from a different background is like saying you would not do business with anyone cos they are from a different background.

^^^don't mind the guy above me, we took crack together this afternoon, but obviously he has outdone himself this time. He was even the one that pointed this topic to me

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Bryan12(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
DGKN: Yea .. They need deliverance!! That's all!!

www..net
I don't know but I think mod needs to do something about this guy.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by tsharp(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
If you are scared, you are not ready. One day the fear goes away, then you know you are ready.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: [b]Advice for those too chicken to get married..

To be Honest, marriage is not rocket science. The difference between marriage and dating is that piece of paper that allows you both to conjugate legally. There is no right age per se or time per se to be married, just the right person. There are days when you will feel trapped, there are days when your ex looks like she/he should have been the one, there are days when you will feel like maybe I should have waited a bit longer, there are days when you would wish to take a months leave from marriage and go enjoy life a bit and then return, there are days when you will miss the single life, there are days when you just want to kill your partner and get the life insurance money and then run off to a tropical Island and live happily ever after in a house full of vixens grin. But all these still does not make marriage any less fun.

All you need is the right person and the right attitude.. Someone you are emotionally, psychologically, domestically, physically, financially and intellectually in sync with and above all Comfortable with. Someone who makes you comfortable and puts your troubled mind at ease. A person who is both friend, confidant, therapist, Pastor, parent, etc to you. Someone you respect and trust.

Now like with everything in life, mistakes do happen where we choose the wrong person for what we thought then to be the right reasons, etc.. and it's okay to make such mistakes, that is why divorce is an available option for couples in distressed marriages. Feel free to break up from a bad and irredeemable marriage and start again as I don't agree that all marriages are for life or that a person should be forced to be in an unhappy marriage no matter what. But this still shouldn't discourage a person from getting married. The number of divorce still isn't higher than those of long lasting marriages. It's just that you hear more about divorces than marriage anniversaries as bad news spreads faster.

When you are in a good marriage, you never or rather rarely ever feel trapped..

Secondly.. There is no such thing as an unforgivable sin in marriage.. What's unforgivable is repetition. So say he slaps you once, it's nothing. But when it becomes a habit that is recurrent, then it's abusive and that relationship is toxic.

My advice for those who want to get married is simple... If you are convinced in your heart and in your head that you have met the right person, please go ahead and get married. Should it later become apparent that you have made a mistake by marrying your partner, get a divorce immediately. [/b]
All these coming from you

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
gabriel212: I will like to gain from the experiance of the married one.
In my own case, she gave me list of live i had to adopt in marriage like
1. no friends in my house
2. me not going to c friends
3. no watching of football match
and all this are must for me which had made me withdraw and back to the street
For wetin na?
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by mrcooller: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage is sweet, but am always scared of getting married to the wrong person. However am single and searching! Ladies PM me if interested a in cool guy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by adelolaa(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
XarmZoft..com app released... Download yours .. And don't forget to click on the ads to support me... Thank you all and God bless
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by wonderiyke(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
iiichidodo: The only aspect of marriage that seems scary in our book is THE WEDDING....We hate weddings..

SECONDED!!!
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by uglyogre(f): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie: [i

the most common sin any couple can commit is adultery and I can forgive my husband if he does that. As long as he isn't a serial adulterer

exactly what i'm saying, i know a couple(real life) who are in an open marriage. they both agreed to use protection with other partners, and their marriage is working out beautifully. meanwhile, some couple would never condone adultery and some men would want to have the monopoly of cheating on their spouses.different strokes for different folks
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by DMilanista: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: [b]Advice for those too chicken to get married..

To be Honest, marriage is not rocket science. The difference between marriage and dating is that piece of paper that allows you both to conjugate legally. There is no right age per se or time per se to be married, just the right person. There are days when you will feel trapped, there are days when your ex looks like she/he should have been the one, there are days when you will feel like maybe I should have waited a bit longer, there are days when you would wish to take a months leave from marriage and go enjoy life a bit and then return, there are days when you will miss the single life, there are days when you just want to kill your partner and get the life insurance money and then run off to a tropical Island and live happily ever after in a house full of vixens grin. But all these still does not make marriage any less fun.

All you need is the right person and the right attitude.. Someone you are emotionally, psychologically, domestically, physically, financially and intellectually in sync with and above all Comfortable with. Someone who makes you comfortable and puts your troubled mind at ease. A person who is both friend, confidant, therapist, Pastor, parent, etc to you. Someone you respect and trust.

Now like with everything in life, mistakes do happen where we choose the wrong person for what we thought then to be the right reasons, etc.. and it's okay to make such mistakes, that is why divorce is an available option for couples in distressed marriages. Feel free to break up from a bad and irredeemable marriage and start again as I don't agree that all marriages are for life or that a person should be forced to be in an unhappy marriage no matter what. But this still shouldn't discourage a person from getting married. The number of divorce still isn't higher than those of long lasting marriages. It's just that you hear more about divorces than marriage anniversaries as bad news spreads faster.

When you are in a good marriage, you never or rather rarely ever feel trapped..

Secondly.. There is no such thing as an unforgivable sin in marriage.. What's unforgivable is repetition. So say he slaps you once, it's nothing. But when it becomes a habit that is recurrent, then it's abusive and that relationship is toxic.

My advice for those who want to get married is simple... If you are convinced in your heart and in your head that you have met the right person, please go ahead and get married. Should it later become apparent that you have made a mistake by marrying your partner, get a divorce immediately. [/b]
MadCow1 always killing it since the days of John the Baptist grin I dey feel u bro. Always looking forward to ur comments.

3 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Define your own path before getting married like that is anything that would bring you closer to your grave happens, you can still dust up yourself and forge ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.