Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (26208 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by eleko1: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Peeps are scared of marriage due to money/commitment issue.Some peeps are eager to quit d singlehood even this very minute if they have the means to get marriage.When U rush in,U'll rush out

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by creamylicious(f): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
#1 that there are categories of cheats amongst men. 2. That the man loves women with a particular shape does not mean someone with a diFferent shape won't tickle his fancy 3. Money equals happiness in marriage. 4. It is important to endure cheating in marriage no matter d number of years he/she has been cheating , you will definitely eat d fruit of ur patience.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by creamylicious(f): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
#1 that there are categories of cheats amongst men. 2. That the man loves women with a particular shape does not mean someone with a diFferent shape won't tickle his fancy 3. Money equals happiness in marriage when you end up with d one you love. 4. It is important to endure cheating in marriage no matter d number of years he/she has been cheating , you will definitely eat d fruit of ur patience.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
amaprincess: One thing i like about this section is, there are so many matured minds here.
Some said marriage is sweet, beautiful and all that, but even with all the sweet comments couples give about their marriages, we still see high rate of divorce, violence and separation.
In the society today, you see so many matured men and women due for marriage, but there are not given it consideration at all.
so many are scared. others, lost interest due to horrible heart break experiences and so many reasons.
i know marriage is not a do or die affairs, but it looks good and mystery some how. imagine two people with different upbringing, background. coming together to tolerate each other, Iive as one till the end of time, it looks amazing.
Now to those already in their marriage, pls enlighten us.
1. how do you feel being married? do you feel chain/tied down by one person for the rest of your life, or how do you see it?
2. what are the things that happen in marriage that change everything forever. like sins that cant be forgiven. its common with men once a women cheats, its unforgivable. although i dont support cheating either.
3. what words of advice can you give a young man/lady who desire marriage but scared. based on what you are experiencing now either positive or negative. what can you tell someone who is afraid of entering into marriage, so he/she don't fail (divorce).
pls honest contributions pls
Thank you.
Marriage is trash! A bondage for a man and liberation for woman. angry

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by nedu2000(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
I worked hard & grew up to get away from my mum's "where were you?" "Where are you going?" questions,now you ask me to start all over again and live with a woman?I'll prefer the women to come and go. This 'all must marry' culture is frustrating

4 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Top ten reasons you should never think of marriage as a MAN http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/top-ten-reasons-marriage-is-stupid/

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by majalisa(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

1. Marriage is the second best feeling to heaven (if you marry your friend) and hell (when you marry a stranger). Marry your friend. It gets to a time in life when it's no longer about the beauty, the six packs, the way s/he walks/smiles, how strong/romantic s/he is in bed e.t.c. It gets to a time when it's no longer how much you love him/her, but how much you want to be with him/her. How much of each other's company you enjoy. If you have to endure through a 3 straight hours of just sitting down and talking, then i doubt how much of your friend he/she is.

2. There is no such thing as 100% perfect marriage. They have lived happily together as husband and wife for 50 years does not mean it was all honey. Healthy communication opens up the room for forgiveness. ...and yes, I mean, no matter the sin.

3. Scared of what? Being imprisoned? Yes, I agree with you. Marriage is a prison. But my point in (1) above determines what kind of prison (fun or pain). Marry your friend.

In my 75-year-old grandpa's words, "Yes, I agree that it is most important you love each other, but love is not the glue that keeps you together forever, friendship is"

love does not make marriage work...knowledge does
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
To be honest, getting married is so scary! It's not easy to pick only one lady out of millions around you and commit to her till death. And to those saying "marry your best friend", need I remind them that even best friends do become worst enemies. One thing I have observed with most marriages around me is that the men in those marriages tend to develop this sense of regret later in the marriage, and thinking about such regrets in a marriage that seemed rosy at the onset, makes my fears about marriage grow worse. IF NOT FOR THE LOVE OF CHILDREN, I won't be thinking about getting married at all.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by perfectcrush(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
No advice, who knows if am scared also?
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by josite: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
even if we blieve the many things apostle paul told us in the bible,we must also believe him when he says those who marry will have trouble in the flesh.so be real and get the necessary wisdom .no matter who you marry they will offend you small,medium or very much like having extra sex.now is the time to begin to develop a maturd response to those situations if they do arise.im a man and i realy do not think it is wise to divorce a woman who fell by having extra sex.i will refuse to magnify it the way the society and my feelings will want me too.i will take it as a human thing but if the spouse revels in such and remains unrepentant,exposing me to helath risks and dangers from her boyfriends i will divorce her.

the bottom learn is marrying someone u really know very well and you really like .dont marry a stranger.dont marry someone that doesnt satisfy your basics in terms of beauty,character,figure,expressions and most importantly dont marry anybody you are asmahed to introduce as your husband for any reason whatsover be it age or comportment or height or figure.

marriage is basically carnal and this is the point missed by sprititual persons,if u love sex and both of u are not on that same level pls dont marry and again look at the necessary people or things that must follow u into your marriage like his debt profile,income,parents,brothers,sisters.

D sight of some parents once made me sick e.g d lady whose dad sleeps inside one cele church around ojuelegba and the lady whose mum looks like a mad woman ,yes the lady worlks with a bank,i said not for me.to god be the glory she is married now meaning d dislike is not hers but mine.

to be honest do go ahead and marry any who has your basics but in my own case knowing i cant forver endure ,divorce remains an option since i dont want to kill anybody or be kiled in case it turns out to be a mistake.believe me humans make mistakes and it doesnt have to be the end of your life .making this clear from the onset may even help the other guy to behave.marriage for me is not padlock.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by MadCow1: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
emusmith: All these coming from you

But why? grin
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by zboyd: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1:

Secondly.. There is no such thing as an unforgivable sin in marriage.. What's unforgivable is repetition. So say he slaps you once, it's nothing. But when it becomes a habit that is recurrent, then it's abusive and that relationship is toxic.

smh
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Unionised(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
amaprincess: One thing i like about this section is, there are so many matured minds here.
Some said marriage is sweet, beautiful and all that, but even with all the sweet comments couples give about their marriages, we still see high rate of divorce, violence and separation.
In the society today, you see so many matured men and women due for marriage, but there are not given it consideration at all.
so many are scared. others, lost interest due to horrible heart break experiences and so many reasons.
i know marriage is not a do or die affairs, but it looks good and mystery some how. imagine two people with different upbringing, background. coming together to tolerate each other, Iive as one till the end of time, it looks amazing.
1. how do you feel being married? do you feel chain/tied down by one person for the rest of your life, or how do you see it?
2. what are the things that happen in marriage that change everything forever. like sins that cant be forgiven. its common with men once a women cheats, its unforgivable. although i dont support cheating either.
3. what words of advice can you give a young man/lady who desire marriage but scared. based on what you are experiencing now either positive or negative. what can you tell someone who is afraid of entering into marriage, so he/she don't fail (divorce).
Thank you.

DON'T GET MARRIED!!!

...it's not a prison yard.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by repent4christ: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dont be afraid!
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by zboyd: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
creamylicious: 4. It is important to endure cheating in marriage no matter d number of years he/she has been cheating , you will definitely eat d fruit of ur patience.

smh
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Whalewale(m): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
MadCow1: Advice for those too chicken to get married..

My advice for those who want to get married is simple... If you are convinced in your heart and in your head that you have met the right person, please go ahead and get married. Should it later become apparent that you have made a mistake by marrying your partner, get a divorce immediately.

I don't agree with your last paragraph.. It contradicts what you said earlier. Because sometimes while with the right person in marriage, one tends to feel that they have made a mistake. SO are you saying that everyone should divorce once they have that feeing?

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

1. Marriage is the second best feeling to heaven (if you marry your friend) and hell (when you marry a stranger). Marry your friend. It gets to a time in life when it's no longer about the beauty, the six packs, the way s/he walks/smiles, how strong/romantic s/he is in bed e.t.c. It gets to a time when it's no longer how much you love him/her, but how much you want to be with him/her. How much of each other's company you enjoy. If you have to endure through a 3 straight hours of just sitting down and talking, then i doubt how much of your friend he/she is.

2. There is no such thing as 100% perfect marriage. They have lived happily together as husband and wife for 50 years does not mean it was all honey. Healthy communication opens up the room for forgiveness. ...and yes, I mean, no matter the sin.

3. Scared of what? Being imprisoned? Yes, I agree with you. Marriage is a prison. But my point in (1) above determines what kind of prison (fun or pain). Marry your friend.

In my 75-year-old grandpa's words, "Yes, I agree that it is most important you love each other, but love is not the glue that keeps you together forever, friendship is"

By their words u knw them...

"SENIOR MEN"
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by MadCow1: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
Whalewale:

I don't agree with your last paragraph.. It contradicts what you said earlier. Because sometimes while with the right person in marriage, one tends to feel that they have made a mistake. SO are you saying that everyone should divorce once they have that feeing?

I said when it becomes apparent.. Not just a mere feeling.

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Tunagee(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
are you looking for husband?

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by therapisteve(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
Do all the followings and stay Happily Married For Life!!!

HOW TO MAKE Ur MAN HAPPY 4 Life
1. Feed him
2. Sleep with him
3. Leave him with peace
4. Don't check his phone (Msgs)
5. Don't bother him with his movements

HOW TO MAKE Ur Wife HAPPY 4 Life

It's really not too difficult but... To make a woman happy, d
Husband only needs to be:
1. a friend
2. a companion
3. a lover
4. a brother
5. a father
6. a master
7. a chef
8. an electrician
9. a plumber
10. a mechanic
11. a carpenter
12. a decorator
13. a stylist
14. a sexologist
15. a gynecologist
16. a psychologist
17. a pest exterminator
18. a psychiatrist
19. a healer
20. a good listener
21. an organizer
22. a good father
23. very clean
24. sympathetic
25. athletic
26. warm
27. attentive
28. gallant
29. intelligent
30. funny
31. creative
32. tender
33. strong
34. understanding
35. tolerant
36. prudent
37. ambitious
38. capable
39. courageous
40. determined
41. true
42. dependable
43. passionate
WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:
44. give her compliments regularly
45. go shopping with her
46. be honest
47. be very rich
48. not stress her out
49. not look at other girls
AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:
50. give her lots of attention
51. give her lots of time, especially time for herself
52. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she
goes
BUT MOST OF ALL IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:
53. never to forget
*birthdays
*anniversaries
*valentine
*arrangements she makes etc sha
Do all these and U are Guaranteed A Blissful Marriage!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by soundproof: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
@soundproofents
Come, let's Make your new Month, as bright as sun, as colorful as rainbow, as lovely as flowers, as happy as birds. Trust me, with us handling your events... You're gonna Enjoy your event to its full extent!......Happy new month Contact us via 08023741844, 07033558028 or 08170065111
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by ernie4life(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
EmoBoy: I'm so scared of marriage. I have serious trust issues especially with women. . . Perhaps I better not get married
you are not alone in the trust issue but you are alone in the " perhaps not get married" grin
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Mutuwa(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage is a contract where a man looses his "Bachelors Degree" and a woman gets her "Masters"

He said: "I'm married for fifteen years and we never had an argument" Shaykh says: "I guess you are not staying with your wife I'm sure. Because even the best man had misunderstanding with his wives.

Boy: "Dad, what's the difference between mum's tears&wife's tears?" Dad: "Mum's tears hurt the heart&wife's tears hurt the pocket

Why do couples shake hands on their wedding day? It is a norm and formality with all boxers, they shake hands before the fight begins

A man entered his room and saw his wife looking at their marriage certificate and he said, "are u cherishing old memories?" The wife said' "no, I'm looking for the expiry date"

A boy asked his father, "Abba, what is the price of marriage?" The father said, "Son, I don't know because I'm still paying.

A man asked his doctor, "what is the medicine for a long life?" The doctor said, "get married" d man said, "does it work?" The doctor said, "I don't know but it will remove the desire for long life from u".

Gentlemen and ladies,The secret to a happy marriage is not in wedding the perfect partner but rather in loving the imperfect partner "Perfectly Well" wink

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by theshadowknows: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
being scared symbolizes uncertainty and immaturity. maybe your decision to get married should come when you are ready so as not to hurt yourself and others....and stop being afraid of making mistakes, for life is all about the executive decisions we take and being at the mercy of those choices.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Emeka you want to marry? In Nigeria? Chai. Emeka if you marry in Nigeria plz ensure your wife delivers the child in USA. The future for the future kids in Nigeria is not bright for now..maybe when God sanitizes from federal to local govt ...only then will I advice you to marry and multiply..
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by repent4christ: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am married with three kids expecting the forth, marriage is more sweeter if ur married to ur friend and materiel covetousness is not attached and the fear of God is in the couple. Nevertheless all cannot marry thier friends, so most important is to get married to one who fears God and love is the binding necklace and the word of God being the centre point. The man should love the wife and the wife should respect him as the head of the family.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by dapsy4u2(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
MARRIAGE IS PARTNERSHIP THAT WORKS BASED ON UNDERSTANDING AND TRUST!
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Mutuwa(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thank you.

Its good if its good..and really bad when its bad..are u married ma? smiley
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by no11: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
@QMark how do you know the feeling of heaven please
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by layi(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am married and i can tell you the only real issue is finance. You MUST get $$$ . money is stronger than 'human' luv
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by josite: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
theshadowknows: being scared symbolizes uncertainty and immaturity. maybe your decision to get married should come when you are ready so as not to hurt yourself and others....and stop being afraid of making mistakes, for life is all about the executive decisions we take and being at the mercy of those choices.

think deeply.it is human to fear uncertainty.that is why human prefers to have their money in their pocket rather than rely on ATM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos / How Many Children Would You Like To Have?? / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.