Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? (679 Views)

Saraki: Nigerians Actually Love Corruption But Pretend To Hate It / We Were Told A Lot Of Things To Hate Biafra.- Asari Dokubo / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by gtim4uall: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2014
I have observed that the president seems to have a lot of haters online. I noticed this fleet took a different dimension from the subsidy protest, ever since then it has increase progressively. From my opinion, I commend mr president's effort. I know mr president has out perform every past presidents of this great country and whatever he has not done I won't cruscify him knowing the state of my country. So I want to put it up to those that hate the president, what motivates you to hate mr president?
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by 2cato: 10:31am On Oct 02, 2014
gtim4uall: I have observed that the president seems to have a lot of haters online. I noticed this fleet took a different dimension from the subsidy protest, ever since then it has increase progressively. From my opinion, I commend mr president's effort. I know mr president has out perform every past presidents of this great country and whatever he has not done I won't cruscify him knowing the state of my country. So I want to put it up to those that hate the president, what motivates you to hate mr president?
to the Yoruba; stupidity and unflinching allegiance to their hawusa/fulani slave master.
To the awusa/fulani; foolishness greed and born to rule mentality.

4 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by adebayour26: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Did I tell you I hate him?
many of u criticize him but u can't even lead a group of less than 10 people well.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2014
The swarm of opinion crafting APC Monkeys will be the death of this forum.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by hushmail: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
op u r so correct
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Those who hate Mr President are those blinded by sentiment and selfish ambition. it is clear that despite all odds the president has performed well . some of these people do not even understand what it means to lead people.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by size38: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
We all have our differing opinion on GEJ's administration. To me, GEJ has not performed better than any of the past leaders. GEJ's achievements can only be sited on the pages of newspapers and the internet. But on ground, we can't find anything to be proud of. The few industries that the nation has and still proud of where built by past administrations, particularly, the past military administrations. Eg the four refineries in warri, port harcourt and kaduna state. Petrochemical, seaports, NLNG, NNPC etc. So which major industry has GEJ built?
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
size38: We all have our differing opinion on GEJ's administration. To me, GEJ has not performed better than any of the past leaders. GEJ's achievements can only be sited on the pages of newspapers and the internet. But on ground, we can't find anything to be proud of. The few industries that the nation has and still proud of where built by past administrations, particularly, the past military administrations. Eg the four refineries in warri, port harcourt and kaduna state. Petrochemical, seaports, NLNG, NNPC etc. So which major industry has GEJ built?

I will lobby for your state to have a functional and state of the art cocoa processing plant.

Parasite

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by egift(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't hate Mr. President (I don't "hate" any human - even those that insult and wish me harm).

I just have no regard for Clueless and extremely corrupt people. Who refuse to use the opportunity they have to impact Nigeria positively. In a few years time, Jonathan will be writing a long list of what can be done to make Nigeria a paradise (and one will wonder what he is drinking now - for him not to have done that).

3 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Balyz: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
The fuul is bleeped up, dumb,inept and corrupt. His days in aso rock are numbered

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
gtim4uall: I have observed that the president seems to have a lot of haters online. I noticed this fleet took a different dimension from the subsidy protest, ever since then it has increase progressively. From my opinion, I commend mr president's effort. I know mr president has out perform every past presidents of this great country and whatever he has not done I won't cruscify him knowing the state of my country. So I want to put it up to those that hate the president, what motivates you to hate mr president?
Firstly, there is a distinction between haters and critics. I don'thate the President, he is a kinsman to me, a human and a Nigerian. Only a fool will hate the President. Let me repeat myself, I don't hate the Man Mr. Jonathan Ebelemi Goodluck. In fact, I love him as a brother and I wish him well in all his endeavours. But as President, NO WAY! He is a big flop and electoral mistake. He is a perfect example on the consequences of sentimental voting. He is the product of calamity that befalls a people for doing the wrong direction. He is incompetent and clueless

4 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by philantoxx(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
why will a sane person hate GEJ?
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Balyz: The fuul is bleeped up, dumb,inept and corrupt. His days in aso rock are numbered
well keep numbering..step on it harder n keep counting,loser..where u is now,a million and onehundred and eleven?
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by egift(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
philantoxx: why will a sane person hate GEJ?

Nobody hates him. Nigerians only criticize him to the supersonic corruption he is presiding over. Now if you have difficulties admitting that this administration under Jonathan is extremely corrupt - then we have nothing else to discuss.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by chamboy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't hate him, it's just that nigga ain't fit for dat position. It's like When. Chamakh was playing NUMBER 9 for Arsenalfc
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by philantoxx(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
egift:

Nobody hates him. Nigerians only criticize him to the supersonic corruption he is presiding over. Now if you have difficulties admitting that this administration under Jonathan is extremely corrupt - then we have nothing else to discuss.
bro look up to the title of this thread..my response is in tandem or I stand to be corrected.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by anonimi: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
egift:

It is the height of cluelessness to describe the Jonathan/Sambo administration as supersonic corruption COMPARED to previous federal administrations and current state administrations and LGAs.
Utter cluelessness.

A federal administration that has:

- Revived our aviation industry not just be remodelling airports but also having international flights to Enugu & Kano.
- Revived our railways
- Repaired, maintained existing roads and built new ones
- Established new universities (although I do not like the idea)
- More transparent in disbursements to the other two INDEPENDENT tiers of government i.e. States & LGAs
- Transforming our electricity sector
- Revamping our moribund automobile industry

yet some daft person says it is supersonic corruption COMPARED to others shocked

If you have proof of any past federal administration or current state governor or LGA chairman that did more state so with proof here otherwise keep your peace on this matter.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Balyz: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Just imagine the 'akuya' saying that "corruption isn't Nigeria's major problem" or "ordinary stealing and you are calling it corruption". The guy is unbelievably detestable angry

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by egift(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
anonimi: It is the height of cluelessness to describe the Jonathan/Sambo administration as supersonic corruption COMPARED to previous federal administrations

That is the summary - Jonathan's reference of strength is a competition for the worst. grin

For you information, [b]more money have been stolen under the supervision of Jonathan's administration that any other time in Nigeria's history
- FACT.

The most alarming part is instead of prosecuting people who have stolen from Nigeria, he is busy pardoning and dropping charges, issuing awards, contracts and inflating the budget to buy his way to a 3rd term.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by chimerase2: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
I dnt hate him I only criticize some of his policy

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by anonimi: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
egift:

That is the summary - Jonathan's reference of strength is a competition for the worst. grin

For you information, more money have been stolen under the supervision of Jonathan's administration that any other time in Nigeria's history - FACT.

The most alarming part is instead of prosecuting people who have stolen from Nigeria, he is busy pardoning and dropping charges, issuing awards, contracts and inflating the budget to buy his way to a 3rd term.

I guess it is safe to say that you do agree that the Jonathan/Sambo administration is the BEST among Nigeria's past federal administrations as well as compared with current state governors and LGA chairmen vis-a-vis the performance of their constitutional responsibilities given that you have expressly categorised all these others as the "worst".

Duly noted!
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by texazzpete(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
anonimi:

It is the height of cluelessness to describe the Jonathan/Sambo administration as supersonic corruption COMPARED to previous federal administrations and current state administrations and LGAs.
Utter cluelessness.

A federal administration that has:

- Revived our aviation industry not just be remodelling airports but also having international flights to Enugu & Kano.
- Revived our railways
- Repaired, maintained existing roads and built new ones
- Established new universities (although I do not like the idea)
- More transparent in disbursements to the other two INDEPENDENT tiers of government i.e. States & LGAs
- Transforming our electricity sector
- Revamping our moribund automobile industry

yet some daft person says it is supersonic corruption COMPARED to others shocked

If you have proof of any past federal administration or current state governor or LGA chairman that did more state so with proof here otherwise keep your peace on this matter.

None of these things and 'supersonic corruption' are mutually exclusive. Part of the reason why Nigeria is still yet to achieve its true potential is due to people like you who are very highly educated and clearly intelligent yet are all too eager to bury that intelligence for selfish reasons.

Even the FG estimates that hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil are stolen daily...so to insist that these 'developments' you proudly tout can only exist in a corruption free environment is just plain laughable.

For a country that regularly features high in the global corruption index to boast of hardly any major corruption indictments and conviction in the past few years...it's either someone up there is very tolerant of corruption or by some miracle many of the thieving Nigerians have spontaneously given their lives to Christ and shunned corruption.

I only hope whatever you're doing this for is worth it.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by texazzpete(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2014

I criticize his actions a lot, but i have NEVER hated the President and will continue to wish him well. When I think of him, I have no hatred or anger in my heart, just crushing disappointment.
He is a PhD holder, the 'philospher-king' that Plato spoke about. He was supposed to be the one to usher in an age of utopia for us. The one I thought would drag this moribund country forward. I stayed up to 3am that night, cheering wildly as he defeated Atiku Abubakar to win the PDP primaries.

All I've ever wanted is a better Nigeria. What I see now saddens me in many ways. But we will see. I KNOW he will win in 2015....APC has absolutely no chance to win next year. I nurse the hope that he has had to make so many compromises to ensure he gets re-elected in 2015. I hope that when he wins next year, he finally starts to act like the philosopher-king Plato urges us to hope for..

We'll see.

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by egift(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
anonimi: I guess it is safe to say that you do agree that the Jonathan/Sambo administration is the BEST among Nigeria's past federal administrations as well as compared with current state governors and LGA chairmen vis-a-vis the performance of their constitutional responsibilities given that you have expressly categorised all these others as the "worst".

Duly noted!

It is like sewing metal trying to have a sensible discussion with a sycophant. You are more interested in twisting my words rather that confronting that Corrupt of Mass Action under Jonathan. (Soon you start quoting and modifying comment to have a better twist) grin grin grin

@Thread:
So folks while defending the Zoologist, often use "BEST" as if Jonathan met nothing on ground. The office he is, did he build it? How many Refineries did he meet and how many more has he built? How many Nigerians were poor before, what % are now taking care of?

All get are fancy spreadsheets, statistics, looted funds, 1000s of deaths, darkness, free for all corruption, etc.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by anonimi: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
texazzpete:

None of these things and 'supersonic corruption' are mutually exclusive. Part of the reason why Nigeria is still yet to achieve its true potential is due to people like you who are very highly educated and clearly intelligent yet are all too eager to bury that intelligence for selfish reasons.

Even the FG estimates that hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil are stolen daily...so to insist that these 'developments' you proudly tout can only exist in a corruption free environment is just plain laughable.

For a country that regularly features high in the global corruption index to boast of hardly any major corruption indictments and conviction in the past few years...it's either someone up there is very tolerant of corruption or by some miracle many of the thieving Nigerians have spontaneously given their lives to Christ and shunned corruption.

I only hope whatever you're doing this for is worth it.

I am doing it for the ongoing redemption of my country as is evidenced in this Transparency reference to the Mo Ibrahim Governance assessment:

Nigeria Moves Up On Ibrahim Index of African Governance, Ranks 37th in 2014

The 2014 Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG), released on Monday, shows that Nigeria ranks 37th out of 52 African countries.

This appears an improvement from the 2013 ranking where the country took 41st position.

The Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG) provides an annual assessment of the quality of governance in African countries. Compiled by combining over 100 variables from more than 30 independent African and global institutions, the IIAG is the most comprehensive collection of data on African governance.

More from: Transparency

I see a trend reversing the rot of past decades and I see a jostling by those who brought the rot upon us to enslave us yet again hence will invest as much of myself as possible to ensure that return to Egypt does not happen.
QED!

Anyone who is observant enough will know that there is a SYSTEMATIC addressing of the issue of corruption by this administration unlike the usual plenty-noise-little-result from EFCC that ensnared us in this rot.

texazzpete:

All I've ever wanted is a better Nigeria. What I see now saddens me in many ways. But we will see. I KNOW he will win in 2015....APC has absolutely no chance to win next year. I nurse the hope that he has had to make so many compromises to ensure he gets re-elected in 2015. I hope that when he wins next year, he finally starts to act like the philosopher-king Plato urges us to hope for..

We'll see.

I see that you have some understanding of what is at stake and is needed to ensure we CONTINUE the little progress we have had under the Jonathan/Sambo team despite the challenges IF they decide to run again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by anonimi: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
egift:

@Thread:
So folks while defending the Zoologist, often use "BEST" as if Jonathan met nothing on ground. The office he is, did he build it? How many Refineries did he meet and how many more has he built? How many Nigerians were poor before, what % are now taking care of?

FYI =>

Economist agrees with World Bank report on Nigeria’s poverty reduction level

Litwack who said this at the Nigeria Economic Report launch in Abuja said Nigeria's poverty rate dropped from 35.2 per cent in 2010/2011 to 33.1 per cent in 2012/2013.

The decrease, he said, represented a dramatic drop from an estimated poverty rate of 62.2 per cent recorded between 2009 and 2010 based on the Harmonised Nigeria Living Standard Statistics (HNLSS).

He said the number of poor Nigerians stood at 58 million, out of an estimated population of N170 million, more than half of which live in the North East or North West of the country.

Unemployment, he said, was 10 per cent but under-employment posed a bigger challenge because a large share of the population is engaged in low productivity and low income jobs.

The report also said there had been positive economic trends with significant progress made by the Federal Government towards poverty eradication in Nigeria.

The World Bank official also predicted a 7.4 per cent economic growth for Nigeria in 2014. (NAN)

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/e....zPZOz44S.dpuf
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by Baawaa(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
GEJ,as a person i don't hate him.What i dislike is his administration because of corruption.Corruptions has been before Jonathan,but Jonathan embraces corruptions more than past presidents
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by texazzpete(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
anonimi:

I see that you have some understanding of what is at stake and is needed to ensure we CONTINUE the little progress we have had under the Jonathan/Sambo team despite the challenges IF they decide to run again.

I see.

Well, like I said, I have no choice. GEJ will win in 2015, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Let's hope his second term is better than the first.
Re: What Motivates You To Hate Mr President? by anonimi: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
texazzpete:

I see.

Well, like I said, I have no choice. GEJ will win in 2015, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Let's hope his second term is better than the first.

A MAJOR key to that is to ensure that he does not have to make the survival compromise he has had to make till now just as Fashola (to a large extent) has to make compromises to his overbearing godfather.
One way to do that is to increase our engagement in the political process beyond simply commenting and queuing up to vote by also VOLUNTEERING our money, efforts, time, talents etc to IDENTIFYING, encouraging & supporting better candidates than what we currently have from the LGA level upwards.

The "mobilisation" of votes for the "established" politicians "election winning machinery" is from the LGA level upwards.

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is "Clueless" About Goodluck Jonathan? - Femi Aribisala / 2015 Governorship Election In Lagos / Video!! Wike Asks Rivers People To Vote Against Pdp In The State And The Federal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.