Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? (1476 Views)

Actor Festus Aguebor Is Dead (photo) / Bovi's Mother, Margaret Ugboma Is Dead / The Beauty And Humility Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by rattlesnake(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Details.coming cry cry
http://www.naij.com/299524-breaking-ex-nan-boss-oluremi-oyo-dead.html

According to Premium Times, the sad news was confirmed today by her husband. It has been learnt that she passed away yesterday, October 1, in a London hospital after having been battling cancer for some period of time.

The Platform recalls the major facts from the biography of the prominent Nigerian.

Oluremi Oyo was born in 1952 in Ilorin, Kwara state. She received a Diploma in mass communication at the University of Lagos, then a post graduate Diploma in international relations at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs and, to crown it all, a Master’s degree in International relations at the University of Kent at Canterbury, U.K.

Oluremi started climbing up the ladder of her career success as a cub reporter in the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation, where she soon became the principal editor. This was followed by the work in NAN, where she served as editor and pioneer head of the quality control desk. For more than 10 years she also acted as Nigeria Bureau chief for the Inter Press Service Global News Agency.

From 2003 to 2007 Oluremi served as the Senior Special Assistant to President Olusegun Obasanjo for media and publicity. It is worth mentioning that she was the first woman to have been appointed to such position.

Appointed NAN Managing Director in 2007, she initiated the directing of the Agency to the digital age.

Oluremi, survived by husband, children and grandchildren, has been honoured by numerous prestigious awards and ranks, including a knighthood bestowed on her by Pope Benedict the 16th for her tireless work in supporting the education of girls. May her soul rest in peace

Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2014
if na true R.I.P.
If na lie Op d thunder that wil fire u is doin press up
Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by sohl7(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Res in peace
Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2014
Can't really remember this face.... Rest in peace though
Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by ifaoni(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2014
R.I.P, old hag.
Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by Kunleskey(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Rip
Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by mcfarlin(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
ifaoni: R.I.P, old hag.

Why the needless insult?

Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
ifaoni: R.I.P, old hag.
THIS IS WHY WE NEED A DISLIKE BUTTONangry!!!!!!!IDIOTS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P TO THE LADY.IF THECNEWS IS TRUEsad
Re: Oluremi Oyo Is Dead??? by ifaoni(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
dhammyg:
THIS IS WHY WE NEED A DISLIKE BUTTONangry!!!!!!!IDIOTS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P TO THE LADY.IF THECNEWS IS TRUEsad
u said idiots? Sometin between ur legs stinks... Go clean up, who.r.e.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Annie Idibia's Birthday Party Last Night / Red Carpet Photos! Fade Ogunro, Emma Nyra, & More At ‘olamide Live In Concert’ / Ramsey Nouah Is Not Married, His Purported Wife Is Just His Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.