Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video (589 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video. / Young Cannabis Smokers Run Risk Of Lower IQ, Research Claims In New Zealand / Mystery Death Claims 4 In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by damilare442: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
Boko Haram sect leader, Abubakar Shekau (or possibly his clone), Who’s said to have been killed in Konduga last month by Nigerian military has announced that he is alive and will die only when Allah says so.
A new video released through the regular channels has shown his face, and he is vocally debunking the stories of his death, and he has added that he is still in the business of making a Caliphate out of Nigeria.
In a 36-minute video obtained by AFP
“Here I am, alive. I will only die the day Allah takes my breath,” Shekau cackled, adding that his administration was still “running…a Caliphate” and administering the punishments as prescribed by Sharia law.

There had been previous skepticism (by observers of the Northern insurgency) over the death of the man known as Shekau when it was reported last month.

In the new video, Shekau wore combat fatigues and black rubber boots, and he was standing on the back of a pickup truck, shooting into the air with his anti-aircraft gun.

It is unclear where the video was shot. He spoke for 16 minutes in two languages: Arabia and Hausa.

The heavily bearded man, who looks not unlike the previous Shekaus in older videos has rubbished the military’s claim that he had been killed, calling it propaganda.

“Nothing will kill me until my days are over… I’m still alive. Some people asked you if Shekau has two souls. No, I have one soul, by Allah,” he said, apparently reading from a script.

“It is propaganda that is prevalent. I have one soul. I’m an Islamic student.

“I’m the Islamic student whose seminary you burnt… I’m not dead,” he added, apparently referring to the destruction of the group’s mosque in the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, in 2009.

“We are running our caliphate, our Islamic caliphate. We follow the Koran… We now practice the injunctions of the Koran in the land of Allah,” he said.

The group also claimed to have shot down a Nigerian air force jet that went missing nearly three weeks ago.

An air force spokesman said the jet was missing.

“For any group to claim they shot it down is mere propaganda and rubbish,” Air Commodore Dele Alonge told AFP

Source:http://kaybaba.com/abubakar-shekau-debunks-death-claims-new-video/

Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by damilare442: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
for real
Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by seunlayi(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
if you like die, if you like don't die but stop pointing at me

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by chinex276(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Allow me one on one with this bastard in national stadium, lagos with everyone available nd he'll be history...(no weapon ooo... Karate nd boxing)
Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by declaro(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
WHETHER YOU ARE DEAD OR NOT WE SHALL CRUSH YOU SOON TO DUST. WE ARE COMING FOR YOU AND PREPARE YOUR BODY FOR A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH. It is even better for us to catch you alive than to shot you to quick death. Just wait for our gallant soldiers because they are on their way.
Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by Gooci(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
was that not a "middle finger" from shekau?
Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by timawoku(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ope o! he is still alive, now we can catch you and give you numerous tortures for your crime against humanity...
Re: Abubakar Shekau Debunks Death Claims In New Video by lekejob(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wonder shall never end

(1) (Reply)

I’m A Feminist, And I Converted To Islam / Checkout Naija Man Who Is Sleeping With His Three Daughters Arrested / How To Make Serious Money With Google Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.