Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1223791 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
pazienza:

Freeglobe, you must know that I am not and have never been a fan of Obi on this forum, but I would be biased not to commend him on the good work he did on Anambra roads.

Surely, even you can see how Obi continued from where Ngige stopped in terms of road construction, why is this hard for you to admit?
I'm sure he did some roads although the quality of the roads is what I'm not sure of. Anyway, we can always agree to disagree
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Zonacom:

This guy, your dislike for obi no get part two.
About prof's write up, i must commend soludo for being neutral ( if he actually is). His analysis of Gej's economic policies is something that should be taken very seriously. It would make sense if the Nigeria Electoral Debate group make use of some of the salient points raised by the prof as basis for the forthcoming presidential debate.
About Peter obi, i dont entirely blame the prof for seizing this opportunity to take a jab at the man who disgraced him politically. But wasn't Soludo the same person that sang Obi's praise before the primaries in 2013? Soludo needs to be careful when saying certain things. He shouldn't drag Anambra's name to the mud simply because he wanna make his point.
when does mentioning peter obi equal dragging anambra to the mud. Most of my problem with peter obi is because his hired agents are trying to portray him as what he is not. He is not the first governor to fail in his duties and will probably not be the last but when people portray a failure as the best thing to ever happen, there is a problem.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Peter obi is one of the best thing that has ever happened to Anambra state. Take it or leave it.

#fact #nopaymaster.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
ferdsmart:
A former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Professor Chukwuma Soludo has described Governor Peter Obi as a man of destiny whose disciplined and God-fearing life has insured his success in life.
He said this yesterday during the memorial thanksgiving mass at St Theresa's Catholic Church, Isuofia in honour of Soludo's mother-in-law. He commended the Governorfor his numerous achievements and noted that he has laid strong foundation for sustainable development which he said future administration could consolidate. He said the State needed a credible successor to him to sustain the gains of the past.

Soludo disagreed with the Governor's plan to retire from politics, saying that the country needed people like him especially during these trying times.
In his remarks, the parish priest, Rev. MichaelNwajiobi enjoined Christians not to run frompillar to post in search of Miracle but should surrender their lives to God and remain steadfast in whatever position they found themselves to attract divine intervention. He said Governor Peter Obi had sacrificed a lot to make the State a model and noted that hisvision and mission had transformed all sectors of the State.

In another development, Gov. Obi said the State Government would soon roll out more interventions for schools in the State. He saidthis at Agulu Girls' Secondary School, where during the commissioning of the School's Hall renovated by the State Government. Governor Obi also commissioned the access road to the school also reconstructed with the support of the State government.
He assured that the school will also benefited from the new projects to be initiated for schools and expressed satisfaction that schools in the State are nowwearing new look through the State partnership with the church.

In his own remarks, the Catholic Bishop of Awka, Most Reverend Paulinus Ezeokafor said the collaboration with the State government had made clear differences which others should emulate

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/17436-obi-has-laid-foundations-for-a-new-anambra-%E2%80%93-soludo.html

Hahahaha, Chief Soludo...a man we should listen to indeed. Apga and Obi knew better.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
straws
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by themano: 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
pazienza:

You truly believe that Ndi Anambra are on the average poorer than Niger state people?

I don't need anything else to know how wrong that stat is.
Trash statistics that have been invalidated over and over again. Anambra State poor state? In Soludo's ego and grudge filled dreams!!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by themano: 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Peter obi is one of the best thing that has ever happened to Anambra state. Take it or leave it.

#fact #nopaymaster.
No, Peter Obi is the best thing that has ever happened to Anambra State! Ho Ha.

Any body in Anambra State as from 1996 and witnessed the rot up till 2004 will know the MASSIVE foundation and progress that Peter Obi has brought.

The roads (Anambra State has the best Network of Intra state Roads in Nigeria), Education (JAMB, NECO,WAEC can bear witness), Health (Amaku Teaching Hospital alone..) and sanity in Governance (if you knew how things went on before then).

And oh. He gave us Willie Obiano. End of Discussion

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by themano: 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:

when does mentioning peter obi equal dragging anambra to the mud. Most of my problem with peter obi is because his hired agents are trying to portray him as what he is not. He is not the first governor to fail in his duties and will probably not be the last but when people portray a failure as the best thing to ever happen, there is a problem.

How can your hatred for a man, lead you to blindness? How old are you? cos you keep spewing trash about Peter Obi, in your bid to castigate him. So you love Willie Obiano? Do you know the hallmark of success? Its Products!! If you re successful, we will know by your products..

Since we all agree, including you, that Willie Obiano is so far performing excellently, and therefore a great product, then the Producer of the Product, being Peter Obi, is then a great Success by all means.

Please my man, what do you do and what are your products. Take it easy. Hate kills.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
^ @themano
I don't give a single damn about your bullsshitt & emotional outbursts. Incase you forgot here is part of the bone of contention

"He noted that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no signature project to remember his regime"

focus on countering this and not attacking personalities
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by themano: 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
^ @themano
I don't give a single damn about your bullsshitt & emotional outbursts. Incase you forgot here is part of the bone of contention

"He noted that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no signature project to remember his regime"

focus on countering this and not attacking personalities

Willie Obiano is a signature Project we can start with... cheesy

On a serious note, how old are you? Were you in Anambra State as an adult as far back as 1993? Do you know the madness that reigned from the Mid Nineties up till 2004?

Did we have a State Secretariate to start with?

Am sure you thinking of some funky white elephant project, when the basics, fundamentals and foundations are rickety and needed to be sorted. Ever wondered why Obiano hit the ground running? The foundation had already being laid.. and up sprang the building

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
themano:

Willie Obiano is a signature Project we can start with... cheesy

On a serious note, how old are you? Were you in Anambra State as an adult as far back as 1993? Do you know the madness that reigned from the Mid Nineties up till 2004?

Did we have a State Secretariate to start with?

Am sure you thinking of some funky white elephant project, when the basics, fundamentals and foundations are rickety and needed to be sorted. Ever wondered why Obiano hit the ground running? The foundation had already being laid.. and up sprang the building

grin grin
seriously real democracy started 1999 and you are mentioning 1993. I was in Anambra when Peter obi sought for election in 2003. I saw his campaign posters, even the one he said his children will school in Anambra etc. He looked innocent. I believe he had the best intention but I guess greediness and selfishness took the better part of him.
It not all smooth for Obiano, remember the situation he met security and how he tackled it. Even IGR and the rest...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 1:17am On Jan 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This statistics opens a whole can of worms about how Ngige left Anambra and how Peter obi left it. Poverty was lowest in Anambra in Nigeria during the regime of Ngige and highest poverty rate in Nigeria after 8 years of Peter Obi. facts are sacred.

.... and this is the same man now hustling for ministerial appointment? @9inches

So Ngige did what again to suppress poverty? Mind reminding us, Ngige buttlicker?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 1:23am On Jan 27, 2015
pazienza:

I stand for the good roads Obi constructed, he should be commended for that.

The NAPEP stats is a better stat, as they are more on ground than the NBS that stay in Abuja conjuring stats out of their anus.

There must be a monumental disaster of epic proportions, perhaps a natural disaster,for Anambra to transform from the least poverty stricken state to one of the poorest within a decade. The NBS stats is irrational/Illogical, probably cooked up to massage some people's ego, and not in agreement with the NAPEP stats nor with the realities on ground.

What about Education? You did not see that I guess?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 1:26am On Jan 27, 2015
Step2002:

Nwanne, I recall you saying this about the same article Soludo is quoting, how come...

As usual, freeglobe caught red handed! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 27, 2015
THE former governor of Anambra
State and Deputy Director-General of the
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National
Campaign Council, Mr. Peter Obi, has
challenged Nigerian students to strive for
greatness by taking their education
seriously.
He spoke when he visited St. Patrick’s
Secondary School, Obolo Eke in Enugu
State during which he presented a cheque
of N2 million to the school for
infrastructure development.
According to Obi, upgrading infrastructure
in the school would enhance sustainable
training aimed at making the students
better citizens and give them the requisite
known-how to compete with others in
future.
Obi said he had to take a break from the
ongoing presidential campaign for the re-
election of President Goodluck Jonathan to
be with the students, because the man he
was campaigning for was also in love with
education and had done so much to improve
education in the country as part of the
Transformation Agenda of his government.
Obi explained that the money he had
continued to give to schools even after he
had left office were donations to him from
individuals and corporate organizations,
adding that he derived joy and satisfaction
donating to schools because God had
already provided him with all his needs in
life.
Manager of the school, Rev. Fr. John
Martins Chikani, said he was overwhelmed
by emotions for a former governor to
travel to a remote part of Enugu State to
assist the school.

follow on twitter @anambrastate_ng

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

the name Peter Obi will kill u one day, keep on fooling yourself ewu awusa. what have u done to the community of urs before? instead of engaging your useless self for something profitable, u are here causing nuisance. your entire generation can never achieve half of peters legacy.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:06am On Jan 27, 2015
Report from the world class Sabmiller facility in Onitsha. A high-paying job for our graduates and their European and American counterparts in Onitsha..

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2015
The company adheres to the strictest safety training and standard for its staff..

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by RareDiamond: 11:23am On Jan 27, 2015
I want President Jonathan to complete this project once and for all.

Onitsha commerce chamber wants FG to complete Zik’s mausoleum

The Onitsha Chambers of Commerce, Mines and Agriculture has urged the Federal Government to complete Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe’s Mausoleum, abandoned more than 17 years ago.

The President of the chamber, Dr Tim Anosike, gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Onitsha, Anambra.

According to Anosike, the delay in completing the mausoleum is a show of disrespect for the late Azikiwe, Nigeria’s first president.

“I know we are equal to the task; we can provide more than enough for that project bearing in mind the importance of the mausoleum. “So, what I am saying is that that project should be speeded up; whatever should be done to make sure that project is finished is what we are looking forward to.

“We are tired of hearing the stories that this project will take many years to finish.

“It’s something they can finish within nine months if they are determined.“

The president of the chamber said, when completed, the mausoleum would be a tourists’ attraction just as other mausoleums of great leaders all over the world.

He said, “When you go round the big cities in the world, you will see specially designed places meant for the remembrance of great leaders and statesmen and you will see tourists trooping in their thousands yearly to such places. “Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, popularly known as `Zik of Africa’, was great not only in the country, but in Africa and stands as one of the foremost African leaders that liberated the continent from colonialists.“

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/onitsha-commerce-chamber-wants-fg-complete-ziks-mausoleum/

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:31am On Jan 27, 2015
famousurch:

the name Peter Obi will kill u one day, keep on fooling yourself ewu awusa. what have u done to the community of urs before? instead of engaging your useless self for something profitable, u are here causing nuisance. your entire generation can never achieve half of peters legacy.
you this jobless pickpocket, you think your foolish abuse will stop me from setting records straight. Why not focus on issues and stop following me around and attacking personalities. Facts is no respecter of emotions. Tell us what Peter obi did with state funds for 8 years or shut up forever. Where are the "signature projects"? cheesy
fool!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by shineeye: 3:00am On Jan 28, 2015
This is a special announcement please read this write up and see what president jonathan have done for the igbos.For those against him should show us which other president in nigeria have done such things for ndi igbo before,his allowed SE to stand up and use their God's given talents again.Thos who God has blessed no-man can curse.I dont support APC,PDP,APGA but i am that kind of person that always stand for the truth.Nworo nu aka unu doo nti gi aka maka nsogbu du kwa ooh

Jonathan And Practical Transformation Hits East Of Nigeria!!!
Factories Are Back after 30 years Of Neglect.

1] INNOSON MOTORS - This is a private sector initiative encouraged by the economic policies surrounding the Transformation agenda. The President and his Government guarantee Innoson's contract with foreign partners and the Automobile policy assured the foreign partner of the viability of the Investment. Innoson have over 3,000 workers and expanding their plants to employ about 6,000 Nigerian workers.
2] TRAINS FROM PH TO ENUGU TO MAKURDI - Nigerians can now board air conditioned and ultra furnished Interior trains to Enugu from Port Harcourt for just N650 under an 1hr for a journey that was hitherto approximately 4hrs.30mins before. You can also go to Makurdi.
3] ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - Why fly to Lagos or Port Harcourt if I can fly to Enugu and get home in few minutes?
4] ANAMCO IS BACK - Remember those 1717 buses used in Universities, especially Uniben? They are from Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company. OBJ killed them but they are back and jobs are rolling in. Nigeria trained automobile Engineers are coming back to steer the ship...http://anammco.net/html/about_us.html
5] 2ND NIGER BRIDGE - Half bread is better than chin chin. No other govt remembered 2nd Niger bridge. ObJ paid lips service to it but never started. The House of Representatives refused to add the Bridge construction cost in the budget. Jonathan used SURE-P funds and PPP to ensure that the link between the East and the rest the country becomes strong and safe.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nedu09(m): 8:29am On Jan 28, 2015
shineeye:
This is a special announcement please read this write up and see what president jonathan have done for the igbos.For those against him should show us which other president in nigeria have done such things for ndi igbo before,his allowed SE to stand up and use their God's given talents again.Thos who God has blessed no-man can curse.I dont support APC,PDP,APGA but i am that kind of person that always stand for the truth.Nworo nu aka unu doo nti gi aka maka nsogbu du kwa ooh

Jonathan And Practical Transformation Hits East Of Nigeria!!!
Factories Are Back after 30 years Of Neglect.

1] INNOSON MOTORS - This is a private sector initiative encouraged by the economic policies surrounding the Transformation agenda. The President and his Government guarantee Innoson's contract with foreign partners and the Automobile policy assured the foreign partner of the viability of the Investment. Innoson have over 3,000 workers and expanding their plants to employ about 6,000 Nigerian workers.
2] TRAINS FROM PH TO ENUGU TO MAKURDI - Nigerians can now board air conditioned and ultra furnished Interior trains to Enugu from Port Harcourt for just N650 under an 1hr for a journey that was hitherto approximately 4hrs.30mins before. You can also go to Makurdi.
3] ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - Why fly to Lagos or Port Harcourt if I can fly to Enugu and get home in few minutes?
4] ANAMCO IS BACK - Remember those 1717 buses used in Universities, especially Uniben? They are from Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company. OBJ killed them but they are back and jobs are rolling in. Nigeria trained automobile Engineers are coming back to steer the ship...http://anammco.net/html/about_us.html
5] 2ND NIGER BRIDGE - Half bread is better than chin chin. No other govt remembered 2nd Niger bridge. ObJ paid lips service to it but never started. The House of Representatives refused to add the Bridge construction cost in the budget. Jonathan used SURE-P funds and PPP to ensure that the link between the East and the rest the country becomes strong and safe.

that's remind me...where is the promised Onitsha river port? not even included here? nobody talks about it anymore even your Jona. that Guy is not competent enough. he should at list Fix that project. nobody should celebrate about that bridge cause they will still toll all the billions on us.. why didn't they toll the ones built at Lagos and Benue? besides that's not enough for SE as a whole. don't forget what he did in kogi state as a state surpass all this list.. .reason! the matter.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OmenifenIgbo: 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
Pls don't recommend tolling the Benue bridge. It's still Igbos that will pay. Think about that
Nedu09:

that's remind me...where is the promised Onitsha river port? not even included here? nobody talks about it anymore even your Jona. that Guy is not competent enough. he should at list Fix that project. nobody should celebrate about that bridge cause they will still toll all the billions on us.. why didn't they toll the ones built at Lagos and Benue? besides that's not enough for SE as a whole. don't forget what he did in kogi state as a state surpass all this list.. .reason! the matter.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by akanuson: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
good job
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
Willie Obiano, the governor of Anambra state, has increased the salaries of workers in the state civil service by 15 per cent.

The pay raise, announced on behalf of the Anambra state executive council by Tony Onyima, the commissioner for information, culture and tourism, takes effect from January.
According to Onyima, the decision was in fulfillment of Obiano’s promise during his maiden meeting with the state workforce shortly on assumption of office.
“The governor promised to raise the salary of civil servants to bring it at par with their counterparts in the local government system,” he said.
“The pay rise was approved because of improvement in the state’s internally generated revenue, which at that time stood at N500 million monthly. But with determination, aggressiveness and
the blockage of loopholes, the state’s IGR has risen to over N1 billion.”
Onyima urged civil servants to reciprocate the government’s gesture by improving their productivity.

http://www.thecable.ng/obiano-raises-anambra-workers-salaries-15-per-cent

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Anambra is now in good hands.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
Labaran Maku visits Obiano
Maku earlier in his speech lauded the Governor Willie Obiano led administration for its focused leadership, massive infrastructural development and security of the State.
Maku recalled that he visited the state about one and half years ago and admitted that a lot had changed within the short period of Obiano’s tenure.
“We are not surprised that Anambra state that was once avoided by travelers due to the activities of armed robbers and kidnappers, today has gone quiet and tranquil,” he said.
The governorship candidate expressed confidence that the state would lead in the industrial sector, following Obiano’s security and infrastructural
development initiatives.
http://nigerianpilot.com/nasarawa-guber-gov-obiano-pledges-work-makus-victory/
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Something is not right about the amt quoted for some roads under this administration
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
asha80:
Something is not right about the amt quoted for some roads under this administration
Be specific, which road? how much?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Zonacom:
Be specific, which road? how much?
http://nannewsnigeria.com/obiano-launches-construction-n16bn-road-projects on the above link...the road in question is is said to be 4km and the amt quoted for construction is 1.6bn which comes to 400m per km which quite high if you ask me unless a long bridge is part of the construction or the area in question is a marshy terrain...http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/167666/1/nnewi-ekwusigo-pledge-support-to-apga-as-obiano-fl.html for the above link the nnewi road to be constructed is 6.22km at 1.2bn which comes at slightly less that 200m per km..i know all about the road coming with standard road signs.light etc but...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
asha80:
http://nannewsnigeria.com/obiano-launches-construction-n16bn-road-projects.....click on the above link...the road in question is is said to be 4km and the amt quoted for construction is 1.6bn which comes to 400m per km which quite high if you ask me unless a long bridge is part of the construction or the area in question is a marshy terrain ....http://nannewsnigeria.com/obiano-launches-construction-n16bn-road-projects. for the above link the nnewi road to be constructed is 6.22km at 1.2bn which comes at slightly less that 200m per km..i know all about the road coming with standard road signs.light etc but...

something is wrong with this link.
Not working!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
cjrane:

something is wrong with this link.
Not working!
which one?if it is the first one here it is again.
.http://nannewsnigeria.com/obiano-launches-construction-n16bn-road-projects

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.