Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1222551 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by highmood(m): 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
olodoowoh:
Anambrarians brag a lot and it's gonna make we other igbo people start bashing them on nairaland. Very arrogant set of people.
do you need to start bashing at them because they say what they are? Its either you celebrate with them or post your state and its great men and women for people to celebrate them. That is why we Igbos find it difficult to present a sole candidate for the presidency -Hate. Meanwhile, I have learnt much and I really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Diokpa,nsogbu adiro. But are you a member of the supporters club or what? Because you seem to know much and follow up with club's progress.

And yea,I am kind of skeptical about the team's ability because they are just returning to the elite league with same players they used in the lower league and you and I know that the elite league bu egwu onye okaa obi. Dont get me wrong,I am not saying these class of players can't excel because we know what Abia Warrior did last season with bunch of unknown players and today Enyimba has bought about five players from them(Abia Warriors),but nwanne nkwucha aburo ujo. I have no fear for Gabros because I have always know them as a very formidable side. Anambra has always had a great side but they never last...Where is Udoji United and Jasper United...When Jasper and Udoji hold sway the Nigerian league felt the Anambra resilience. Etu osina di,nke di niru ka...Gabros it is...Make Umu Anaedo no go fall our hand....If there is any team I am scared of in the league its Kano Pillars with Okey Emordi coach.

Ichie OdenigboAroli greetings to you. On the issues you raised i'll like to tell you that from what i have seen about this team there is hope for us in the coming league season starting from our home match March 7, against warri wolves. However, it will interest you to note that big names don't play football in the Nigerian league rather bid clubs in Nigeria league make an average player look like a big player. E.g Abia warrior's Oyekachi Peter was in the NNL with Gabros last two season yet Gabros' Michael Ohamu outscored him though they got promoted to the premiership where he dazzled and today he is a big player just because he moved to Enyimba.

What about Kano Pillars' Christian Obiozor? who will believe he played here in Onitsha alongside Ugochukwu Uzonna and Uche Nwofor for our own relegated Anambra pillars before they moved to Rangers and today the rest is history Uzonna now plays for Chippa United in SA and Nwofor VVV Venlo in Holland and now Lierse SK in Poland. Back to Obiozor today he is a house hold name in kano (almost every fan's jersey in kano bears his name) even before the league kick starts already had 8goals to his credit for Kano pillars during super 6, Ghana tour and a goal in the champions league. Mind you most of these Gabros players were also former Anambra Pillars Players.

Giwa Fc will be our major case study, they won the Group A table of the NNL last two season to play in the league last season, they also won the NNL super 4 in Abuja last season with no Known name. Today if not that Dolphins played in 2014 FA cup finals, Giwa Fc would have been flying Nigeria's flag in the continent because they ended the season on fourth position and also lost to Enyimba at the FA cup semi finals!! Even till now no known player from Giwa apart from the goal keeper OLORUNLEKE OJO who currently has benched Alampasu Dele in the Flying eagles team.

Now back to Gabros FC, If you have watched them play you will agree with me the team is built as a team not around some key individuals on whose shoulders the entire burden dwells e.g If Kano Pillars play a game without Ezekiel Mba, Rabiu Ali, GAmbo Mohammed & Obiozor come and see them loose woefully!! same with Enyimba with the likes of Sokari Kingsley, Nzube Anaezemba, Rasheed Olabiyi and Udoh we saw that almost happened in the last FA cup final where coach Kadiri Ikhana started the match without Olabiyi and Anaezemba if not luck and sheer desperadoo from Goalkeeper Femi Thomas Enyimba will have been down by 4 goals in the first half, but then we saw how the table upturned immediately these two midfield menstro were introduced into the match.

So i'll prefer a team that play together, and stay together irrespective of the BIG NAME syndrome.

This was what a Journalist and a football Analyst have to say about GABROS after the super 4 tournament "............................ the high level of confidence i mentioned is what won the 1st game for them. Gabros has done the same over highly rated 3SC as they took the Oluyole Warriors into the cleaners, the Ifeayi Uba boys are just but classical. Very skillful side, mobile and calculative one touch passes which makes them dangerous on counter attacks, watch-out for them..................." (Adedeji Oluseyi Sbj Malawi)

The two goals scored by Gabros were from counter attacks and in football it takes a very highly and tactical side to achieve this fit!!

Ka CHineke m'ezie okwu

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by warrior01: 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
uduokirika1:

Ichie OdenigboAroli greetings to you. On the issues you raised i'll like to tell you that from what i have seen about this team there is hope for us in the coming league season starting from our home match March 7, against warri wolves. However, it will interest you to note that big names don't play football in the Nigerian league rather bid clubs in Nigeria league make an average player look like a big player. E.g Abia warrior's Oyekachi Peter was in the NNL with Gabros last two season yet Gabros' Michael Ohamu outscored him though they got promoted to the premiership where he dazzled and today he is a big player just because he moved to Enyimba.

What about Kano Pillars' Christian Obiozor? who will believe he played here in Onitsha alongside Ugochukwu Uzonna and Uche Nwofor for our own relegated Anambra pillars before they moved to Rangers and today the rest is history Uzonna now plays for Chippa United in SA and Nwofor VVV Venlo in Holland and now Lierse SK in Poland. Back to Obiozor today he is a house hold name in kano (almost every fan's jersey in kano bears his name) even before the league kick starts already had 8goals to his credit for Kano pillars during super 6, Ghana tour and a goal in the champions league. Mind you most of these Gabros players were also former Anambra Pillars Players.

Giwa Fc will be our major case study, they won the Group A table of the NNL last two season to play in the league last season, they also won the NNL super 4 in Abuja last season with no Known name. Today if not that Dolphins played in 2014 FA cup finals, Giwa Fc would have been flying Nigeria's flag in the continent because they ended the season on fourth position and also lost to Enyimba at the FA cup semi finals!! Even till now no known player from Giwa apart from the goal keeper OLORUNLEKE OJO who currently has benched Alampasu Dele in the Flying eagles team.

Now back to Gabros FC, If you have watched them play you will agree with me the team is built as a team not around some key individuals on whose shoulders the entire burden dwells e.g If Kano Pillars play a game without Ezekiel Mba, Rabiu Ali, GAmbo Mohammed & Obiozor come and see them loose woefully!! same with Enyimba with the likes of Sokari Kingsley, Nzube Anaezemba, Rasheed Olabiyi and Udoh we saw that almost happened in the last FA cup final where coach Kadiri Ikhana started the match without Olabiyi and Anaezemba if not luck and sheer desperadoo from Goalkeeper Femi Thomas Enyimba will have been down by 4 goals in the first half, but then we saw how the table upturned immediately these two midfield menstro were introduced into the match.

So i'll prefer a team that play together, and stay together irrespective of the BIG NAME syndrome.

This was what a Journalist and a football Analyst have to say about GABROS after the super 4 tournament "............................ the high level of confidence i mentioned is what won the 1st game for them. Gabros has done the same over highly rated 3SC as they took the Oluyole Warriors into the cleaners, the Ifeayi Uba boys are just but classical. Very skillful side, mobile and calculative one touch passes which makes them dangerous on counter attacks, watch-out for them..................." (Adedeji Oluseyi Sbj Malawi)

The two goals scored by Gabros were from counter attacks and in football it takes a very highly and tactical side to achieve this fit!!

Ka CHineke m'ezie okwu

Nnam, God bless you. The boys have my full support now and always. Forward ever, backward never.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 6:39am On Feb 28, 2015
The subject, 'Community Ownership of Football
Club in Nigeria' is yet to be leverage on in
Nigeria but EseOghene Edafe, an OAP, a sports
researcher and analyst in a chat with SL10.ng
talked about the importance of communities
taking up ownership of football clubs in Nigeria.
The series in Community Ownership of Football
Club in Nigeria will start on Wednesday by 10am
on SL10 Nigeria Twitter handle ( @SL10Nigeria ).
Enjoy the recap of the chat on Monday:
SL10: Good morning
Edafe: Morning
SL10Nigeria: Can community ownership of
football clubs in Nigeria work in this part of the
world?
Edafe: Yes it can and it's what Nigeria needs.
SL10: How can it be achieved bearing in mind
that Nigeria is a diverse community often with
many cultures in a state?
Edafe: Football thrives in diversity and multi-
cultural ethnicity
SL10: Agreed but how do you propose to arrest
the illiteracy level which spurs division instead
of unity?
Edafe: That diversity is actually what is
supposed to work to our advantage. Plenty of
flavour and colouration
SL10: Why do you think 'Community Ownership
of Football Clubs" is what Nigeria needs?
Edafe: For one it is suicidal to expect that tax
payers money should be spent unaccounted for
in football.
SL10: Community ownership, please simplify it
for proper understanding.
Edafe: It simply means the clubs being owned by
the people instead of Government. Let's say
10000 people pay 5k (five thousand )
membership fee
SL10: That means a group of people coming
together to own a club. Can one be a major
shareholder but not an outright owner?
Edafe: The constitution of the club should spell it
clearly that everyone would have equal share for
50yrs at least so that the annual renewal would
run and build funds for the sustenance of the
clubs over the years. Every business without
accountability and financial integrity would never
grow or gain value and respect.
SL10: With this idea of community ownership, is
it possible to get grant/loan from bank to
expand or will it be done as normal
contribution.
Edafe: If a club has 10000 fans committed to the
cause in five years they would increase income
by 35% through merchandise and adverts.
SL10: As a community owned club, how will the
issue of referees seeking PR when it's not part
of our budget be curbed?
Edafe: I ran a club from 2003 to 2004, never
paid a kobo to refs yet got promoted to the top
flight. Good players and good coach would solve
that problem. Poor coaching and under fed
players causes that.
SL10: Are you saying all the clubs in the NPFL
don't pay good salary and coaches need to
upgrade their techniques.
Edafe: Absolute yes to that. What you read on
paper is not what players get. Plus it's
inconsistent in coming. The idea of Community
club ownership initiative would give fans a right
of ownership and vote their board and managers
who are accountable to them.
When banks wanted to introduce #ATM
Nigerians said area boys would steal them, it
won't work etc. What do we have today? A club
with 5000 fans every other week would have its
own bottled water, beverage and snacks for sale.
Enyimba won the CAF Champions League
because Uzor Kalu loved football, how far
thereafter? Back to status quo.
With fans ownership, equipments would improve,
players welfare would improve and marketing as
well. Change is not something people like
because some people are benefiting from the
present abnormalities so they won't.
A topical example of community ownership is FC
Barcelona and Real Madrid. These are clubs
owned by communities not individual or group.
SL10: Can you talk about My Naija FC As
regards community ownership of football
clubs' ?
Edafe: #MyNaijaFC was set up as vehicle to
introduce the concept of fans ownership in
Nigeria. We are trying to spread it.
SL10: So how far have you and your team at
My Naija FC gone with the project?
Edafe: We must agree that the present system
of government patron is criminal,lacking in
financial best practice and corporate integrity.
We are proud to say that we have signed an
agreement with Sandlanders who are expert in
the practice for technical, strategic and logistic
partnership. Stationery Stores FC have also
bought into the idea. Still working on the final
detail.
The same way the greedy status quo driven lazy
folks are opposed to the League Management
Company (LMC) so are they against us. But we
are marching on.
SL10: Thanks for the chat.
Edafe: You are welcome.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
yellowsun:
[size=18pt]ALL STAND FOR THE CHAMPIONS[/size]

[size=14pt]GABROS FC[/size]

OdenigboAroli;
Schematics;
FKO81;
BuddahMonk;
Zonacom;
Uduokirika1;
Warrior01;
UgoDollars;
Freeglobe;
Cjrane;
etc

Great build up.
I have been busy guys but I will return,soonest.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Uduokrika nwanne,great analysis right there. I didnt know Peter Onyekachi,Christian Obiozor and Uche Nwofor cut their football teeth in Anambra. Really,that gladdens my heart.
I will return and address some of the point you raised. Ka nwa guy je chuo ego,first....lol
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by akanuson: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Anambra self
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by imakebigbucks: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Single person Makes $389,844/Yr in Her Spare Time on The Computer Without Selling
Anything,,, through the site given below
www.buzz77.com
"I basically make $30,000-$40,000 a month online.Through this site.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fresh from doubling the monthly figure of the state’s Internally Generated Revenue of N500m which he inherited from his predecessor to N1.1bn, the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has set himself a new revenue target of N3.3 billion per month.

Chief Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State and Mr. Okey Moka, Chairman and CEO of Anambra State Board of Internal Revenue during the inauguration of the Revenue House, Awka.
Governor Obiano who set the new target while commissioning the State Internal Revenue Service Headquarters called ‘’Revenue House’’ at Agu-Awka, also emphasized the imperatives of efficient revenue generation to enable government meet its obligations to the people and sustain the tempo of development across the State, especially with the dwindling Federal Allocation resulting from falling global oil prices.

I met average revenue of about N500m monthly when we took over about 11 months ago.
But we have been able to move it to about N1.1bn. But this is a far cry from where we should be. For us to be more comfortable in what we are doing, we should be generating not less than N3.3bn monthly. That’s why every hand must be on deck.”

The governor recalled that when he took over the reins of leadership in the state, the price of crude oil was still very high in the international market pointing out that the current fall in oil prices meant that his administration would have to seek very creative ways of meeting the revenue needs of the state.

“So, to be able to sustain the work we are doing, we need to rev up our Internally Generated Revenue. That’s why we are paying attention to anything that will help us increase our revenue.”

The governor assured staff of the Revenue Board that government would provide them with the required logistics to carry out their duties efficiently including vehicles and adequate security while government was equally working on 32 offices of the Board to provide conducive working environment.

He assured that measures had been put in place to plug all revenue leakages by ensuring all taxes were paid into banks. He noted that they would be given specific targets and would be rewarded according to performance and explained that the State government had streamlined taxes collected by the State government and those of the local government
councils to avoid duplication or multiple taxation.

Earlier, the Executive Chairman, Anambra State Internal Revenue Service, Sir Okey Moka thanked the governor for his proactive disposition in ensuring that the facility was completed and assured that the workforce would work hard to boost the State IGR to enviable level.

Sir Moka also urged income earners to pay their taxes promptly and regularly as their civic responsibility and law abiding citizens, and made it clear that the Board was poised to enforce the relevant tax laws within its jurisdiction to reduce the incidence of tax avoidance and evasion.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Things Anambra State government need to do for us this year.

1. Link Oraifite Street Awada and MCC Rd with a flyover across the express with double lane.

2. Link Uga Street Fegge and Atani Rd with a flyover across the expressway with double lane.

3 Dualize Nnewi-Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Okija Road with state of the art street furnitures.

4. Dualize Onicha Rd Nnewi with state of the art street furnitures.

5. Tar major streets in Awada, Nkpor, Fegge, Iyiowa and Woliwo.

6. Ban signposts and billboards that littered all the streets in Onicha and Nnewi.

7. Build two skyscrapers (16 storey each) in Onicha, one in New market Rd, one in Old Market Rd and develop a comprehensive CBD in Onicha

8. Clear Nwangene lake and convert it to an international car park where containers will be offloading instead of blocking our streets here.

9. Change all the names of the streets that bear Northern State in Onicha and change it to the name of great Omanbalas,
change Bida Rd to Achebe Rd,
change Sokoto Rd to Soludo Street,
change Kano Street to Adichie Street,
change Kaduna street to Akunyili street,

etc

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by castrogee(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
BuddahMonk:

1. Link Oraifite Street Awada and MCC Rd with a flyover across the express with double lane.

2. Link Uga Street Fegge and Atani Rd with a flyover across the expressway with double lane.

3 Dualize Nnewi-Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Okija Road with state of the art street furnitures.

6. Ban signposts and billboards that littered all the streets in Onicha and Nnewi.

7. Build two skyscrapers (16 storey each) in Onicha, one in New market Rd, one in Old Market Rd and develop a comprehensive CBD in Onicha

8. Clear Nwangene lake and convert it to an international car park where containers will be offloading instead of blocking our streets here.

9. Change all the names of the streets that bear Northern State in Onicha and change it to the name of great Omanbalas,

etc

These would sure be great, if implemented. But I doubt if the present administration has the capacity to implement them.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
BuddahMonk:

etc

Nwannem you are on point with all the request above. Don't think they can meet that within this year though. It shows you are aware and alive to our true needs to make our state a great place to live. I'll score you 100% for the post above. Thanks a lot
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Thanks bros for understanding am not demanding too much.

The most important thing is the vision, I don't know whether the government have the vision, these are things that our state need to step up the notch, the River Niger bank can be cleared and decorate with ornamental tree and park seats by the sides overlooking the river, things like these don't cost a monkeyass but the vision is the key.

Someone will tell me skyscrapers are white elephant projects, they aren't white elepahnt project, they make city look nice and command automatic respect, the encourage land economics, they promote aesthetism, they increase the intellectual level of the residents by attracting white collar jobs.
Just two skyscrapers is enough for the time being, one in New Mkt Rd one in Old Mkt Road.

Things like these don't cost anything but the lack of vision make it look like they are rocket science

cjrane:

Nwannem you are on point with all the request above. Don't think they can meet that within this year though. It shows you are aware and alive to our true needs to make our state a great place to live. I'll score you 100% for the post above. Thanks a lot

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
castrogee:

These would sure be great, if implemented. But I doubt if the present administration has the capacity to implement them.

Respect
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:32am On Mar 02, 2015
The people rejoice when a technocratic governor is in power. A Chartered accountant of international standing knows how best to deploy and manage resources. Our resources are well accounted for..

Barely two weeks to its one-year anni­versary, the pace-setting government of Chief Willie Obiano has scored another first in the annals of good governance.

In a report released by the Federation Accounts Sub- Committee on International Public Sector Accounting System (IPSAS) implemen­tation, Anambra State was ranked highest in the South- East.

The South-East zone also came first in the overall rank­ing among the states of the Federation. With an impres­sive score of 80 percent, the fiscal merits of the Obiano administration’s commitment came to the fore.

Confirming the develop­ment, Senior Special Assistant on Budget in the Governor’s Office Mr. Melie Onyejepu, stated that the successful rat­ing of Anambra State was borne out of the governor’s insistence on early adoption of transparency in all account­ing process.

“Anambra became IPSAS compliant by ensuring the adoption of the set standards, setting up the infrastructure and the IT support as well as getting our people to do the right thing.

“Given the volume of ac­tivities and programmes being undertaken under the state’s four-pillars of economic de­velopment in agriculture, Trade and Commerce, Oil and Gas and Industrialization, and the Enablers we must ensure that things are done right in the area of budgeting in line with the governor’s direc­tives,” Mr. Onyejepu reiter­ated.

The rating of IPSAS adop­tion by states is based on a road map designed by the FAAC Sub-Committee on IP­SAS implementation, which required among other criteria, the conclusion of cash basis adoption by end of 2014, and that states financial reports should be IPSAS compli­ant. The survey reviewed the Initiation, Activation and IT Support of states, which in­volves proper procurement procedures and the adoption of the accounting software, as well as GO-Live which meant deployment readiness, budget conversion, data migration and IPSAS-compliant book-keeping.

In barely one year in of­fice, Governor Willie Obiano has endeared himself to the people of Anambra State with widespread development pro­grammes aimed at uplifting the standard of living of the people. This has manifested in massive infrastructural works in roads, bridges, edu­cation, health, housing, public utilities, and erosion control, among others. Social wel­fare scheme for workers, the elderly and pensioners have equally been receiving atten­tion, not to mention massive investment inflow from both foreign and local firms.

The increase in public sec­tor spending associated with capital projects often give room for leakages in public accounting system, but the Obiano administration’s com­mitment to transparency and steadfast implementation of the IPSAS regime in the state saw the provision of the req­uisite infrastructure and soft­ware leading outputs in line with international accounting standards.

Anambra State has un­doubtedly benefitted from the asset of Obiano’s professional experience. The Governor’s wealth of financial manage­ment experience has gradu­ally translated into enhanced financial regulations and prac­tices in the day-to-day imple­mentation of government’s development initiative.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=107162

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:49am On Mar 02, 2015
Does Anambra still have Local Government chiarmen? Why are internal roads in the state, especially in Awka such an eyesore and all dusty. Whose duty is it to fix these roads.
I also think the governor should start expanding and dualizing roads in our major cities even at the cost of demolition of houses. This idea of single narrow roads everywhere in Anambra makes places like Awka and Nnewi to look like villages.
Chime did it in Enugu so no one should tell me money is the problem

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:05am On Mar 02, 2015
Most of roads in the city are already marked for dualization in line with UNHABITAT/ACDA masterplan. Its a complete construction yard because a lot dust comes from the construction sites on the express/flyovers and adjoining roads. Preliminary works has resumed at Amawbia byepass and most other roads already. The roads I know Obiano promised to dualize in Nnewi are the long stretch of road leading to the mall and around it.

Aside that a lot is going on in Anambra with ongoing construction of 3 brand new dual carriageways that will connect the Anambra International Cargo airport from our major cities..

FreeGlobe:
Does Anambra still have Local Government chiarmen? Why are internal roads in the state, especially in Awka such an eyesore and all dusty. Whose duty is it to fix these roads.
I also think the governor should start expanding and dualizing roads in our major cities even at the cost of demolition of houses. This idea of single narrow roads everywhere in Anambra makes places like Awka and Nnewi to look like villages.
Chime did it in Enugu so no one should tell me money is the problem

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2015
d Onitsha dat u ppl have been making noise abt is it the one I passed tru yesterday?... der is god o.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:45am On Mar 02, 2015
Yes Onitsha is New York with good network of roads.

Anyway I am coming to the Imo thread to show some real pics of Owerre. Brace up bro..

quote author=lygn19 post=31219675]d Onitsha dat u ppl have been making noise abt is it the one I passed tru yesterday?... der is god o.[/quote]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 02, 2015
oneeast:
Yes Onitsha is New York with good network of roads.

Anyway I am coming to the Imo thread to show some new pics of Owerre. Brace up bro..

quote author=lygn19 post=31219675]d Onitsha dat u ppl have been making noise abt is it the one I passed tru yesterday?... der is god o.
I went anambra yesterday, for d very 1st time, I was expecting to see sky scrappers, nd d oda thing s u guys keep saying, I don't intend to insult but if I was to list out wat I saw problem go burst here, but lemme just say sth Anambra/ Onitsha is over hyped.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 02, 2015
Anambra ppl dat wants to vote Gej, I didn't see one foundation of d second Niger bridge that they said he was building o, or was I in the wrong place...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:51am On Mar 02, 2015
Schematics:
Most of roads in the city are already marked for dualization in line with UNHABITAT/ACDA masterplan. Its a complete construction yard because a lot dust comes from the construction sites on the express/flyovers and adjoining roads. Preliminary works has resumed at Amawbia byepass and most other roads already. The roads I know Obiano promised to dualize in Nnewi are the long stretch of road leading to the mall and around it.

Aside that a lot is going on in Anambra with ongoing construction of 3 brand new dual carriageways that will connect the Anambra International Cargo airport from our major cities..

we have been hearing this UNhabitat plan since Peter Obi's first tenure. The paper work is completed. I have a copy of it. What is delaying the implementation ever since? or the usual excuse to divert attention. The ACDA are not doing anything! Apart from the flyovers going on in Awka, nothing else is happening there. No policy changes, no infrastructure/landscaping nothing!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2015
lygn19:
I went anambra yesterday, for d very 1st time, I was expecting to see sky scrappers, nd d oda thing s u guys keep saying, I don't intend to insult but if I was to list out wat I saw problem go burst here, but lemme just say sth Anambra/ Onitsha is over hyped.
How is it that this is your first time in Anambra? Where do you live?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 02, 2015
the so called Onitsha port that was much talked abt I saw it with my two eyes, if dat were house and one dysfunctional crane, and one olden days boat dats on land, then seriously I guys have a long way to go.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Anambra is what we said it is. its not overhyped. Say whatever you want to say but at least it is far better than what you have in imo state. The Port is already receiving and exporting containers around the world while you are busy whining.

Yes it is a city of skyscrapers..what next?

lygn19:
the so called Onitsha port that was much talked abt I saw it with my two eyes, if dat were house and one dysfunctional crane, and one olden days boat dats on land, then seriously I guys have a long way to go.

[quwiituthor=lygn19 post=31219962] I went anambra yesterday, for d very 1st time, I was expecting to see sky scrappers, nd d oda thing s u guys keep saying, I don't intend to insult but if I was to list out wat I saw problem go burst here, but lemme just say sth Anambra/ Onitsha is over hyped. [/quote]

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

How is it that this is your first time in Anambra? Where do you live?
I didn't come to anambra for business or anything I just wanted to see for my eyes willie obainos change, asin all d stuffs I ve been hearing abt anambra being London and d dubai of Africa, but I didn't see any o, ur govt has to do there best, anambra has a very big erosion problem, by God's grace u guys wud scale tru... am leaving anambra today... I am going to ASABA, I hope it's as they say.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 9:01am On Mar 02, 2015
lygn19:
I didn't come to anambra for business or anything I just wanted to see for my eyes willie obainos change, asin all d stuffs I ve been hearing abt anambra being London and d dubai of Africa, but I didn't see any o, ur govt has to do there best, anambra has a very big erosion problem, by God's grace u guys wud scale tru... am leaving anambra today... I am going to ASABA, I hope it's as they say.
Ewu

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2015
OK, it's London. are u ok now, I was seeing sky scrappers, like 100stories tall, nice green grasses, a busy river port, big companies etc... smiley
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2015
if I say d things I saw at anambra asin d real things I saw at anambra sm ppl wud start going tru my profile to know which state I came from let them go and finish the states career...lol''' I am not saying this with any sentiments in mind, at least Anambra has population for good businesses to thrive, Anambra ppl I know re naturally enterprising... but sm of them shud at least put there environment into consideration, most of them re ready to sell close to a dump site dat they can just clean in less than two hours, but it's not der business as far as they re making money, no offense to any1, sm of them can do business in a dilapidated building for years, mk enough money to build a house, have a good car, etc,, but to use dat money demolish dat structure build sth modern and appealing to the eye na war. Obaino pls if u want to demolish at Onitsha don't look at anybodys face, they need it.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:18am On Mar 02, 2015
I will really start judging Obiano after the elections. Let me allow him deal with the election jamboree for his party. After that, we know what's next, even with the overdue banning of okada
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2015
Yes like as I said Onitsha is New York as you can see. Do you have any problem with that?

lygn19:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2015
Onitsha is to the SE what Lagos and PH are to the SW and SS. We are advancing steadily with 5 star facilities, malls etc, unlike your useless state as seen in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2171666/pictures-rochas-okorochas-evil-deceits

lygn19:
if I say d things I saw at anambra asin d real things I saw at anambra sm ppl wud start going tru my profile to know which state I came from let them go and finish the states career...lol''' I am not saying this with any sentiments in mind, at least Anambra has population for good businesses to thrive, Anambra ppl I know re naturally enterprising... but sm of them shud at least put there environment into consideration, most of them re ready to sell close to a dump site dat they can just clean in less than two hours, but it's not der business as far as they re making money, no offense to any1, sm of them can do business in a dilapidated building for years, mk enough money to build a house, have a good car, etc,, but to use dat money demolish dat structure build sth modern and appealing to the eye na war. Obaino pls if u want to demolish at Onitsha don't look at anybodys face, they need it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.