Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1223752 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2015
‘Ifeanyiubah stadium’s turf’ll be best in Africa’

By George Aluo

The FIFA licensed agent handling the new
playing turf of the Ifeanyiubah FC of Nnewi,
Mr Ebi Egbe has declared that the pitch,
which would be ready in 50 days will be the
best in Africa.
Egbe who is the managing director of
Monimichelle, an outfit that specialized in
stadium facilities told Daily Sunsports
yesterday that the synthetic turf which was
being built with coconut fibre would have
the same texture with the pitch at the San
Siro stadium, the home of Inter Milan.
“I m a FIFA licensed agent and my
reputation and that of my company is at
stake. What we are constructing in Nnewi is
a different state of the art synthetic pitch
that would be the best in Africa. What we
are putting in place is the same kind of
pitch at the San Siro and whoever doubts it
should come here in 50 days when the
place would have been ready. I have the
mandate of Dr Ifeanyi Ubah to construct a
magnificent playing turf that would change
the face of football in the country and we
are doing just that,” Egbe said.
He said unlike other synthetic pitches in the
country, the Nnewi turf would be “player
friendly”.
“There is no way a player would be scared
to player on the pitch because it is a
different kind of synthetic pitch that has the
texture of natural grass. We will bring Super
Eagles players here to come and play on it
and confirm what we are saying because
what we are putting in place is the same
with what they have in Europe,” he said.
Dr Ifeanyi Ubah who had since taken over
Gabros FC of Nnewi is constructing a brand
new stadium arena. The first phase of the
project had commenced with the
construction of the playing turf which he
had mandated the contractor to deliver in
90 days. The club last weekend defeated
Rangers at home by lone goal in a keenly
contested Glo premier league clash watched
by a fairly large crowd.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2015
*Sorry for deviating*

Regulating islam in Igboland is my future mission. If the governors and elites cant do it,i will.
I have gathered all the Intel i need.
You will be informed on how to support the course, so stay tuned.

Wonder when Africans will begin to sell their own cultures to the rest of the world like the Chinese,Westerners and Arabs do.

Hausas have completly destroyed their culture in place of Islam. Yoruba tend to be following suit.
We can never allow them brainwash and indoctrinate our people.

Islam/Arab culture and African culture are not compatible!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Collynzo9: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2015
San siro pitch is Natural grass reinforce by artificial fibre, it is only partially synthetic
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2015
Igbo/African culture can be made attractive, Modernised and sold to outside World instead of destroying & dumping evrything in the rubbish bin

-We should encourage our girls adopt the sexy african/igbo attires rather than sexy western attires.
-We should instead ecourage civil servant wear elegant office attires made from Igbo/Africa materials instead of Western Suits &Coats

Afterall, No Culture is static!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2015
Musiwa with his other handle is in the house. Umunne m mulu nu anya..cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sCun: 11:35am On Mar 24, 2015
Schematics:
Musiwa with his other handle is in the house. Umunne m mulu nu anya..cheesy
They guy makes sense.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2015
Musiwa is a very intelligent dude. I respect him though.. tongue

sCun:
They guy makes sense.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Flag off of construction of Richbon Automotive Industries at Ozubulu Industrial Estates..

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Schematics:
Flag off of construction of Richbon Automotive Industries at Ozubulu Industrial Estates..
Is that a car manufacturing plant cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Yes it is assembly/manufacturing. They have foreign partners from the Asian Tigers..

ak47mann:
Is that a car manufacturing plant cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Schematics:
Yes it is assembly/manufacturing. They have foreign partners from the Asian Tigers..

they are welcome cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 11:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Anambra is matching forward toward greatness.
Eckel farms
, Coched farms, Richbon plant and so many others.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 12:02am On Mar 25, 2015
Zonacom:
‘Ifeanyiubah stadium’s turf’ll be best in Africa’

By George Aluo

The FIFA licensed agent handling the new
playing turf of the Ifeanyiubah FC of Nnewi,
Mr Ebi Egbe has declared that the pitch,
which would be ready in 50 days will be the
best in Africa.
Egbe who is the managing director of
Monimichelle, an outfit that specialized in
stadium facilities told Daily Sunsports
yesterday that the synthetic turf which was
being built with coconut fibre would have
the same texture with the pitch at the San
Siro stadium, the home of Inter Milan.
“I m a FIFA licensed agent and my
reputation and that of my company is at
stake. What we are constructing in Nnewi is
a different state of the art synthetic pitch
that would be the best in Africa. What we
are putting in place is the same kind of
pitch at the San Siro and whoever doubts it
should come here in 50 days when the
place would have been ready. I have the
mandate of Dr Ifeanyi Ubah to construct a
magnificent playing turf that would change
the face of football in the country and we
are doing just that,” Egbe said.
He said unlike other synthetic pitches in the
country, the Nnewi turf would be “player
friendly”.
“There is no way a player would be scared
to player on the pitch because it is a
different kind of synthetic pitch that has the
texture of natural grass. We will bring Super
Eagles players here to come and play on it
and confirm what we are saying because
what we are putting in place is the same
with what they have in Europe,” he said.
Dr Ifeanyi Ubah who had since taken over
Gabros FC of Nnewi is constructing a brand
new stadium arena. The first phase of the
project had commenced with the
construction of the playing turf which he
had mandated the contractor to deliver in
90 days. The club last weekend defeated
Rangers at home by lone goal in a keenly
contested Glo premier league clash watched
by a fairly large crowd.

I love this news.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:05am On Mar 25, 2015
I started with setting up the Awka Capital Territory Development Authority headed by Chike Okonkwo, renowned in Urban Development. He worked with Malam Nasir el-Rufai in Abuja. I thought that his experience can be brought to bear here. Supporting him are are some very bright guys like the Managing Director, Michael Okonkwo from Orumba South among other people. Okonkwo studied in the United States. They have done a booklet on what we should do and should not do in Awka, which is the starting point. We have done aerial mapping of the whole state. But we started with Awka so that you can use GPS, direct the roads, see development, etc.

If you look at Awka, you can see three flyovers springing up. When those flyovers are done, they will look like the hanging bridge in London. It will bring out the aesthetics of the place.

We are in the process of selecting somebody that will design Awka capital territory. We foreclosed Nigerians, we want them to bring guys from Dubai, Kigali, Seoul, US. When they come, they will draw what nobody has drawn. They will draw things from their dream. Each time I say it, people will say ‘where will you get the money?’ I will say, ‘do it first.’ They will draw a super structure. I will tell them, ‘don’t imitate anybody, just give me the best in your profession better than Dubai or any place you can think of.’ By the time they finish, they will superimpose it on what we have now and that will determine what areas we widen with minimal compensation.

On his increment of salary amid dwindling economic fortunes

That is why I am an accountant. We are increasing our internally generated revenue. I met N500m per month. I have been moving to N1.1 and N1.2 billion and targeting N3.3 billion monthly. After the elections, there are a few things I will do and the money will come. What I did actually is all about adjustments. The people in the local governments earn more than the people in the state so we just balanced their salary.

His achievements in the last one year

We have flushed out kidnappers from Anambra State. We have cut off their weapons supply lines and sealed off their supply routes. We have pulled down their physical and psychological empires.

We have laid a solid foundation for the provision of reliable electricity that will help us recover our Midas touch. Late last year, we concluded arrangements with UD Independent Petroleum Production Company (UDIPPCO) to build a gas-powered plant that will generate 80 mega-watts of electricity. Similarly, barely fortnight ago, we signed on Falcon Corporation Limited to build another gas-powered plant that will generate 100 mega-watts of electricity.

More importantly, we realized that we needed a platform through which we would transform the economic and commercial landscape of our dear state. To facilitate this, we set up the Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA) on 15th May, 2015. The results have been tremendous. Investors today recognize ANSIPPA as a one-stop business and investment centre that coordinates all investment related activities across all arms of government in the state. ANSIPPA is led by a Governing Council which boasts of over 300 cumulative years of experience in development finance, investment banking, investment promotion and policy formulation.

With the efforts of ANSIPPA, Anambra is currently Nigeria’s number one investment destination. With over US$2.0 billion attracted from 16 major investors in the past 12 months, we are well on our way to achieving our economic mission. So far, we have attracted over $660m of investment to this sector. Some of these investments are:

* A $150m investment in rice production and processing in Anaku, Ayamelum Local Government Area (LGA) by Coscharis Group.

* Over $160m investment in the defunct Omor Rice Mill and 5,000 hectares farmland for rice cultivation and processing by Joseph Agro of the Aiteo Group.

* The $220 Tomato and Cassava production and processing farms in Omasi Community, Ayamelum LGA owned by Ekcel Farms Limited.

* The $40m investment by Grains and Silos Limited to construct an ultra-modern grains storage facility to support our thriving brewery industry in Onitsha and other parts of south Eastern Nigeria.

* Delfarm Limited, who signed a $50m agreement between Songhai Regional Centre, Benin and the Anambra State Government, will transform the farming settlements of Igbariam into another Songhai agricultural marvel of Nigeria.

To ensure that our local farmers are well positioned to take advantage of the agriculture revolution in the State, we have organized our farmers into 1,500 cooperatives. We have also equipped them with 100 Tractors, 45,000 tons of high-yielding rice seedlings, 18,000 tons of highly improved maze seedlings and 700 metric tons of fertilizers. Before the end of this year, we would have prepared over 1,000 hectares of land in readiness for mechanized farming. Five days ago, we also commissioned the 1st Agricultural Training Center in Anambra in Mgbakwu. 250 youths are currently undergoing training in this facility in the areas of staple crop cultivation and processing, aquaculture, piggery and horticulture.

Our efforts in agriculture will enable our state produce over 300,000 metric tonnes of rice, 150,000 metric tonnes of cassava and 240,000 metric tonnes of tomatoes in the next 24 months.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/my-differences-with-obi-obiano/#sthash.7oJFiBkC.dpuf

Willie Is Working!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:25am On Mar 25, 2015
In other news...

Concessioning plan stalls operations at Onitsha port

MORE than two years and seven months after its was commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan, the N4.6 billion Onitsha River Port complex is yet to commence operations, largely due to the concessioning scheme scripted for the facility.

The port complex, which has not really functioned since it was first commissioned by President Shehu Shagari in 1983, was rehabilitated by the present administration through National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), as part of measures to boost business activities in the South East.

Commissioning the port complex in August 2012, Jonathan said: “The river or marine transport must be enhanced and to do it, we need inland port like the one in Onitsha. Our target is to link all the ports by road and rail so that doing business in Nigeria becomes easy. The river port must be linked up to other areas of resources. Today, the process is being started and others on the drawing board must be completed”.

Senior officials in the Federal Ministry of Transport, who spoke with The Guardian yesterday, blamed the delay on an ongoing concessioning scheme being put in place by the Federal Government.

NIWA’s General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Tayo Fadile, in a chat with The Guardian yesterday, disclosed that the concessioning programme is expected to commence in June.

Another source, who preferred to remain anonymous, said: “To drive activities at the port, the Federal Government is involving the private sector. There are challenges. But, with the involvement of the private sector, things may move a lot faster. The market is there. We need to put things in proper perspective so that we don’t make mistakes of the past”.

He also pledged the commitment of the Federal Government to complete all river ports projects and ensure they are viable in the interest of all Nigerians and the larger economy.

Already, an Indian firm has been commissioned as Transaction Adviser for the concessioning of Onitsha and other river Ports.

Speaking at a conference on the economic use of the Onitsha River Port, stakeholders urged the Federal Government to come up with legal and administrative framework that will help bring to light the enabling environment that will encourage businesses to thrive at the Onitsha River Port.

The conference also commended the Federal Government for the huge investment expended on the dredging of the Lower River Niger.

A communiqué issued at the end of their deliberation urged the Federal Government to hasten the setting-up of the administrative delivery team with members drawn from various related organisations for the quick take-off of operations at the river port.

Participants noted the importance of synergy between the federal government and the Private Sector under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) and encourage re-doubling of efforts at concessioning of the River Port.

It emphasised the need for constant upgrading of Maritime and Port infrastructure to enable the investors take optimal advantage of Anambra State’s expansive coastline in areas of shipbuilding, Dockyard Operations, Metal fabrication, dock labour, warehousing and recycling plants, among others.

Participants also noted the importance of moving goods and services through the inland waterways which according to them will help to decongest traffic on road and give added benefits in terms of cost and safety.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:12am On Mar 25, 2015
Dr. Willie Obiano's mansion in Anambra before he became the governor..

Capt. Iheanocho paid Dr. Obiano homage in his Anambra private home to seek for his immense support and help him tighten the loose ends to enable him clinch the government house in his state! cool

Anambra truly the political power house of the east.. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by DaVerdict: 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
uduokirika1:
Ok d new braaxilian striker eldorado will be making his debut against. Akwa UTFD @ uyo for d next encounter

Chief Uba is matching his word with action as contruction work for the new 25,000 capacity stadium has commenced according to him will be ready for next season's continental matches. Such was his lofty quest!

All sector transformation in Anambra continues....

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 12:34am On Mar 26, 2015
Waiting patiently for page 200 grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 26, 2015
levelszik:
Waiting patiently for page 200 grin grin grin

Na wah for you o!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2015
Since the creation of Abia state No political party have pull such a multitude for a rally is indeed a record breaking. APGA is making the way cool
new governor excellency Alex otti
cool

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ikeyman00(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2015
@@@@

Biafra is coming!

tune in to chk97.6 fm

we are marching to Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:03am On Mar 26, 2015
ak47mann:
Since the creation of Abia state No political party have pull such a multitude for a rally is indeed a record breaking. APGA is making the way cool
new governor excellency Alex otti
cool
We need great mind in Abia to unlock their potentials, by God's grace Abia will be great and prosper in Otti's hands

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
FKO81:

We need great mind in Abia to unlock their potentials, by God's grace Abia will be great and prosper in Otti's hands
I sincerely hope they get it right this time.... my heart bleeds when I see pictures of what PDP has turned ABA too.... Another 4 years of misrule would kill Aba completely....
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
I sincerely hope they get it right this time.... my heart bleeds when I see pictures of what PDP has turned ABA too.... Another 4 years of misrule would kill Aba completely....
Point of correction, Orjis not PDP, Enugu is controlled by PDP, it's individual thing not party. Thanks!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 10:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
FKO81:

Point of correction, Orjis not PDP, Enugu is controlled by PDP, it's individual thing not party. Thanks!
Exactly bro

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4thsense: 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
Been a while guys, trying to catch up with over 40 pages I had missed. Dalunu!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2015
cnario:

Na wah for you o!
nna mehn,if u know as the progress of this thread dey sweet me like mastication of aki-oyibo and oka combo, u no go talk so cheesy .......... wish I live in anambra to contribute meaningfully to this thread. but I take solace on the fact that I still remain the highest like clicker on this thread.(self declared) grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Mar 27, 2015
Which building is this? I was in Awka briefly yesterday and was wondering which building is this. The road in the first picture is along Ikenga industrial layout. They didn't put up a project signpost. Looks strong sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by spyder880(m): 6:07am On Mar 27, 2015
What is holding this thread, I want to break into the 200th page grin Happy weekend to all my brothers from Anambra, I will be coming again soon.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:14am On Mar 27, 2015
spyder880:
Which building is this? I was in Awka briefly yesterday and was wondering which building is this. The road in the first picture is along Ikenga industrial layout. They didn't put up a project signpost. Looks strong sha.
shoprite

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by obioraval(m): 6:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Page 200 na.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 6:26am On Mar 27, 2015
What's with this page 200 thing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.