Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,023 members, 7,803,438 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1222725 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
yang:

Bia si ebe a puo osiso

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you notice her name ? grin grin grin grin grin
I ignored her because i knew she was anoda wayward yoruba girl looking for who to share Aids and their typical poison.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
yang:
Bia si ebe a puo osiso
Nyamiri, Banza Dan Iska !

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
Igbonazy:

Coward, the guy isnt Namdi Kalu,Pig!
I dont know why you dimwits are throwing expletives at me over an innocuous comment. Your brother was complaining about the paucity of a vibrant media outlet in the SE and i suggested that namdi kanu could/can use his radio biafra channel to broadcast the positives in the SE instead of the hate messges he is spewing.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Cjrane2:

I ignored her because i knew she was anoda wayward yoruba girl looking for who to share Aids and their typical poison.
Your wretched and soon-to-die is a Yoruba girl. I dont know why you eastern loonies always assume that everyone is yoruba, i dont know why you dummies are taking offence over my comment.

You want a vibrant Fourth Estate in the SE and at the same time you are still championing namdi kanus radio Biafra. Goodluck with that

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
GspotAngela:
what of radio biafra? I think your suggestions should be fowarded to namdi kanu. He had a very large audience, instead of him to use the medium to broadcast the positives and potentials in the SE, he was busy spreading hate and venomous messages. Refering to Nigeria as a zoo; instructing ibos to burn Yoruba chuches; demanding for monetary donations that would be used to purchase arms to fight a war against the Nigerian government etc.

Non-ibos in Nigeria regard radio biafra as the most popular media outlet in the SE, and what is it known for? Violence, War, Secession, Bigotry, Hate, Revisionism, Lies etc
let me guess, you know the meaning of hate speech, owk, show me where you have condemned Oba akiolu, then I will take you serious. 2. radio biafra never asked anyone to burn down churches! the same way he shreds other tribes he does worst to igbo tribe, and ijaw excluding ibibio.. You are not in any position to advice us! keep it to yourself. people like me are coming to take your long media hogwash to cleaners. All the lies will be rubbished like what CCTV is doing to CNN. you lots should continue to thrive on falsehood. we are coming.. nonsense..

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
patrick89:
let me guess, you know the meaning of hate speech, owk, show me where you have condemned Oba akiolu, then I will take you serious. 2. radio biafra never asked anyone to burn down churches! the same way he shreds other tribes he does worst to igbo tribe, and ijaw excluding ibibio.. You are not in any position to advice us! keep it to yourself. people like me are coming to take your long media hogwash to cleaners. All the lies will be rubbished like what CCTV is doing to CNN. you lots should continue to thrive on falsehood. we are coming.. nonsense..
1) i am not yoruba and i am not ibo. I have little concern about oba akiolu's speech against the ibos. However, namdi kanu is threatning the whole of Nigeria with war and i am a Nigerian, so it of concern to me

2) that oba akiolu made a statement which you consider as a hate speech in front of ibo community leaders in Lagos who were clapping and laughing with him doesnt give you the impetus to also spew hate ( two wrongs dont make a right).

3) the fourth estate in my region isnt as strong as that of the SW, if you are using ours as a standard, as i assume in your insinuation, then you'v got a long way to go before you catch up with CNN -CCTV analogy you used.

4) i wish you, namdi kanu and radio Biafra goodluck in your quest towards 'Media domination'

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
patrick89:
I like what you wrote, but honestly that will be tantamount to absolute capitalism, we are not ripe for that, our government do not have that "much" responsibilities to relinquish some to private hands. what Onitsha needs now is complete expansion. towards the sub urbans, this will ease the strain on the infrastructure.

I think it would be a great idea to completely expand Onitsha roads and hand it over to private sector to maintain, however I do
not believe the government
do not have "much" responsibilities nor believe we are nt ripe for this. The idea to cut cost,have more things that can be self sustaining and profitable for both the government and the private firms, so that we can focus more ducation,Health and new projects.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bishop42:
TURNING ONITSHA INTO A BEAUTIFUL CITY THROUGH WORLD CLASS ROAD MANAGEMENT

IT would be great idea to get some competent companies to takeover some economically viable roads in Onisha and run them profitably (aswel as pay their taxes) in other to lessen the burden of road contruction & maintainance on the state government. Their major duties: Fixing/expanding the roads, Cleaning and keeping silt off the roads, Road beautification, Street light & lawn maintainance

HERE IS HOW IT CAN BE DONE PROFITABLY...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bishop42:
CONTD..
The companies will be allocated 1km of viable road each, in and around Onitsha.

They will make money from
1. Fines (of all kinds)
2. Road Advertisment ( billboards, median adboards,electronic billboards etc) .
3. Parks and recreation spots

Some of their staffs will be in stratergic locations to monitor,fine and maintain law & order.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
GspotAngela:
1) i am not yoruba and i am not ibo. I have little concern about oba akiolu's speech against the ibos. However, namdi kanu is threatning the whole of Nigeria with war and i am a Nigerian, so it of concern to me

2) that oba akiolu made a statement which you consider as a hate speech in front of ibo community leaders in Lagos who were clapping and laughing with him doesnt give you the impetus to also spew hate ( two wrongs dont make a right).

3) the fourth estate in my region isnt as strong as that of the SW, if you are using ours as a standard, as i assume in your insinuation, then you'v got a long way to go before you catch up with CNN -CCTV analogy you used.

4) i wish you, namdi kanu and radio Biafra goodluck in your quest towards 'Media domination'
you seriously have a big issue with radio biafra! your antics is meaningless to me. honestly you do you think I will engage with radio biafra. whatever that make you happy, keep masturbating on it.
The fourth estate in South isn't formidable, they have shown that they are just propaganda at the hands of the highest bidders,
LET me tell you, going about to peep into igbo people's discussion will not sign off your insecurity! your nightmare is still on the way. just mind your business. open your state's page you won't find us there..

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bishop42:

I think it would be a great idea to completely expand Onitsha roads and hand it over to private sector to maintain, however I do
not believe the government
do not have "much" responsibilities nor believe we are nt ripe for this. The idea to cut cost,have more things that can be self sustaining and profitable for both the government and the private firms, so that we can focus more ducation,Health and new projects.
honestly, I like the road expansion idea, I have criticize the past government on that especially in awka, where people build very close to the roadside, but saying or suggesting private take over of our roads is a no no for me, because we are still emerging economy, we do not have the required middle class to make that possible. Government should step up in image laundering of the state( not going to the media like amechi and okoroocha) but hosting big. Programmes events, conferences, and being in the news for good things. Bring back investment home...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
patrick89:
you seriously have a big issue with radio biafra! your antics is meaningless to me. honestly you do you think I will engage with radio biafra. whatever that make you happy, keep masturbating on it.
The fourth estate in South isn't formidable, they have shown that they are just propaganda at the hands of the highest bidders,
LET me tell you, going about to peep into igbo people's discussion will not sign off your insecurity! your nightmare is still on the way. just mind your business. open your state's page you won't find us there..
the arrogance of you lot has made you all averse to common sense and sound reasoning.
You earlier alluded that there is dearth of media outlets in the SE and i suggested that namdi kanu can rebrand his radio biafra into a viable channel that can be used to broadcast the positives and potentials in the SE instead of hate and call for war.

I have told you, i am not from the south, heck, the southsouth are also doing very vert well in the mass media, seriously rivaling the Southwest.

Brila FM - Larry Izamodje
Silverbird - Ben Muarry Bruce
Daar communication/AIT - Raymond Dokpesi
Channels TV - Tony Momoh.

The southeast can also get in line. This is the crux of my entire arguement which you have failed to understand

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
[s][/s]GspotAngela:
the arrogance of you lot has made you all averse to common sense and sound reasoning.
You earlier alluded that there is dearth of media outlets in the SE and i suggested that namdi kanu can rebrand his radio biafra into a viable channel that can be used to broadcast the positives and potentials in the SE instead of hate and call for war.

I have told you, i am not from the south, heck, the southsouth are also doing very vert well in the mass media, seriously rivaling the Southwest.

The southeast can also get in line. This is thecrux of my entire arguement. [s][/s]

This Yoruba man, who invited you here? learn to mind your biz and also keep your advice to yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
winniz:

This Yoruba man, who invited you here? learn to mind your biz and also keep your advice to yourself.
can you see why i said your arrogance is your undoing as it has greatly denied of sound reasoning and common sense.

You now call your mother a yoruba man because of what i wrote without any intention to spite on my part.

The southsouth who are now gradually making waves in the Television sector of the mass media are not like you arrogant lot.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
[s][/s]GspotAngela:
can you see why i said your arrogance is your undoing as it has greatly denied of sound reasoning and common sense.

You now call your mother a yoruba man because of what i wrote without any intention to spite on my part.

The southsouth who are now gradually making waves in the Television sector of the mass media are not like you arrogant lot.[s][/s]

This Yoruba fo.ol just leave this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by GspotAngela(f): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
winniz:

This Yoruba fo.ol just leave this thread!
your mother is a yoruba fool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
GspotAngela:
your mother is a yoruba fool
ignore the she male and he she will flee. Don't be distracted, don't reply her.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by KinkyAngela(f): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
menabadoo:
ignore the she male and he she will flee. Don't be distracted, don't reply her.
* your mother is a she male

* you want me to be ignored yet you quoted me

* okay, i have seen you ..... now go chop shi't

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yang(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
[s][quote author=GspotAngela post=36304549] the arrogance of you lot has made you all averse to common sense and sound reasoning.

The southeast can also get in line. This is the crux of my entire arguement which you have failed to understand [/quote[/s]]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yang(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
[s]
GspotAngela:

The southsouth who are now gradually making waves in the Television sector of the mass media are not like you arrogant lot.
[/s]
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chizobamgbume(m): 12:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Ndi be anyi there's little sense in what she said. Let's stop the habit of attacking anyone that didn't tell us what we want to hear.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 12:49am On Jul 27, 2015
chizobamgbume:
Ndi be anyi there's little sense in what she said. Let's stop the habit of attacking anyone that didn't tell us what we want to hear.
i was guilt of talking to him indirectly too. But i have since ignored his rant. I wish we can all ignore.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by knowledgeable: 5:10am On Jul 27, 2015
GspotAngela:

The southeast can also get in line. This is the crux of my entire arguement which you have failed to understand

I can understand your frustration with Your message to the Igbos, but you no what?, although they understand you proper, but they don't have iota of trust to the yorubas or anybody that sounds like them especially after this last election.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2015
GspotAngela:

. You may have all the points as you want, but hei, we don't want! it's not arrogance! we don't want! that's the simplest meaning! we do not want to have anything with you. just be in your lane. we won't cross in yours. We need powerful media, our people abroad can also feel home from abroad, that's simple..

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 9:06am On Jul 27, 2015
knowledgeable:

I can understand your frustration with Your message to the Igbos, but you no what?, although they understand you proper, but they don't have iota of trust to the yorubas or anybody that sounds like them especially after this last election.
Please tell him/her.. we don't want it's not arrogance it's "we don't want " it's very simple.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:19am On Jul 27, 2015
patrick89:
Please tell him/her.. we don't want it's not arrogance it's "we don't want " it's very simple.

"Anyi achoghi "
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2015
Brila FM is owned by an Edo state indigene and it is operating from the 4 major Nigerian cities cutting across the 6 geopolitical zones. More and more media out-fits are taking root in the great city of Onitsha.

LAGOS – Headquarters
Headquarters: 4, Oluwatunmike Disu Street, Opposite Jakande 1st Gate, Lekki-Ajah Expressway.
Tel: 08034439502

ABUJA
Grange Hills, Mpape junction.
Tel: 08024110723

KADUNA
10th Floor, Nagwamatse Building, Ahmadu Bello Way
Tel: 08125380139, 07088605220

ONITSHA
33, Hiltop Crescent, Federal Housing Estate, Trans Nkisi GRA.
Tel: 07033404749

Email Address

General Administration: admin@brilafm.net
Advert Department: marketing@brilafm.net

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2015
AnamCity:
Brila FM is owned by an Edo state indigene and it is operating from the 4 major Nigerian cities cutting across the 6 geopolitical zones. More and more media out-fits are taking root in the great city of Onitsha.

LAGOS – Headquarters
Headquarters: 4, Oluwatunmike Disu Street, Opposite Jakande 1st Gate, Lekki-Ajah Expressway.
Tel: 08034439502

ABUJA
Grange Hills, Mpape junction.
Tel: 08024110723

KADUNA
10th Floor, Nagwamatse Building, Ahmadu Bello Way
Tel: 08125380139, 07088605220

ONITSHA
33, Hiltop Crescent, Federal Housing Estate, Trans Nkisi GRA.
Tel: 07033404749

Email Address

General Administration: admin@brilafm.net
Advert Department: marketing@brilafm.net
Onitsha is attracting so many media companies because of the size of it's economy & population!.Onitsha metropolitan city is between 3 to 5 biggest city in Nigeria in terms of population!.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2015
Atiku, Kalu, Ekweremadu, others for 2015 Lights of Anambra Awards

Former Governor of Abia State and Chairman of The Sun Publishing Limited, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and Nige­ria’s former Vice Presi­dent, Atiku Abubakar have been shortlisted for special recogni­tion as True Friends of Anambra during this year’s Lights of Anam­bra Award.

Coordinator of the Move­ment for the Actualisation and Sustenance of Good Governance in Anambra (MASSGA), organizers of the Lights of Anambra Award, Mr. Agbachukwu Ezeife, in a release yes­terday in Awka said the personalities are being recognized for their warm political and social relation­ship with Anambra people.

Agbachukwu, son of Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, for­mer Anambra Governor, also confirmed that many notable Anambra people have been shortlisted for awards that would be be­stowed on them during the ceremony scheduled to hold on July 31, 2015 at the Women Development Cen­ter, Awka.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2015
Duck farming: Neglected source of protein, income

: ARINZE ONEBUNNE

One of the critical expectations of Nigerians from the new government is the diversification of the nation’s economy away from oil dependency to agro- business. Not turning to agriculture will imply our continuous dependency on crude oil and the attendant reliance on importation of goods that could have otherwise been manufactured in Nnewi, Aba, Kaduna, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Kano and Onitsha and most of our fast-growing new cities. It is in the light of this that Jovana Farms, is organising nationwide agro-seminars to provide useful information, create awareness and thus motivate Nigerians to get involved in agricultural ventures.

The history of duck consumption in this country is an interesting one. Duck consumption has graduated from a no man’s food into poor man’s food and then a delicacy.

In the early and mid sixties, duck was regarded as ‘no man’s food; towards the end of the 70s, it graduated into ‘poor man’s food. Those who were used to eating duck up to 80s were regarded as poor people who could not afford beef, chicken or turkey. The demand for chemical-free meat has been increasing yearly because of the growing awareness of their safety, especially among health-conscious people. The prejudice against duck and duck consumption was informed by ignorance on the part of consumers.

When the term poultry is pronounced, the first picture that usually comes to mind is chicken or turkey. What most people do not know is that poultry entails more than rearing these birds. There are many birds whose rearing is becoming popular and profitable. One of them is duck. Entrepreneurs are now reaping from this neglected animal because it’s very easy to start and requires a small capital. Other neglected but vital breeds are peafowl, ostrich, rabbit, guinea fowl, guinea-pig, etc.

Although duck farming contributes to the alleviation of protein deficiency in diets of people in developing countries, it has largely been neglected as a livestock specie due to ignorance. Most farmers have focused mainly on chicken and turkey farming.

Thus, their actual contributions to healthy food production have been greatly underestimated by policymakers in the agricultural sector in developing countries. Especially in Nigeria, there is little knowledge on their production, marketing and consumption under smallholder conditions.

The domestic ducks are waterfowls. They are raised mainly in regions of high rainfall, riverine districts of the tropics. In Nigeria, local ducks are raised on free-range system alongside with domestic chickens.

There are many species of duck, but the following breeds appear to be common: White Pekins, Buff, Blue Swedish, Aylesbury, etc. Duck farming can commence with a unit normally called a foundation stock, which is sold for N20,000 depending on the breed. A unit comprises two-males and eight-females.

Even though ducks are hardier and more resistant to diseases, they are fewer farmed than chicken due basically to cultural beliefs which tend to portray ducks as mystique birds. However, development in research and technology has increasingly eliminated these cultural barriers and enhanced productivity of the birds. Nigeria can thus take advantage of the economic and nutritional benefits of ducks to improve on the shortfall in the animal protein supply in family diets.

It’s my view that duck farming should be encouraged with a special focus on the traditional subsistence rearing system as practised by limited- resource farmers. The birds can practically raise themselves and they are too versatile to be ignored.

Ducks are able to digest fibre and protein food relatively more efficiently than chickens. This is an advantage considering recent emphasis on non-conventional feed stuffs to bring down cost of feeding-inputs in the poultry industry.

Under free-range system, ducks are reared with minimal attention by the farmer with respect to what they eat. The scavenging ducks feed on grasses, seeds, insects, worms, etc. But under confinement, the farmer must provide the birds with balance feed for enhanced production. Duck farming in Nigeria is ideal for those in need of a cost effective farming.

Duck can lay up to 100 eggs per year depending on the specie. They start to lay at about 18 weeks of age. The reproductive circle of duck comprises three phases: laying phase – 15 days, incubation phase – 28-30 days, brooding phase – 60-63 days.

If you are considering adding ducks to your farm, you will be making a wise choice, as they will be pleasant companions and entertain you daily while providing pest control, manure for your soil, meat, eggs and feathers.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Chicason Group To Establish Mechanised Farming In Anambra

To Build N1.2bn Vegetable Oil Plant
THE Managing Director (Manufacturing), of Chicason Group, Nnewi in Anambra state, Mr. Linus Ilozue, an engineer, has disclosed that the company has concluded arrangement to go into mechanised farming, aimed at producing over 1000 tons of palm produce to feed their vegetable oil plant, which presently has production capacity of 50 tons per day.

Ilozue added that Chicason Group is set to establish a new vegetable oil refinery at the cost of N1.2billion with a capacity to produce 150 tons per day, in addition to building a soap manufacturing plant valued at N1.5billion with capacity production of 144 tons per day.

Consequently, Engr. Ilozue said the company has approached Anambra Government for the allocation of 34,000 hectares of land to establish its palm plantation in the state.

In a joint press briefing with the state Commissioner of Agriculture, Mr. Afam Mbanefo at the company premises, Nnewi, Ilozue said employment capacity would be boosted by additional 800 from the present 3,000, while saving foreign exchange.

He said production would add value to local resources, improve human lives and encourage the growth of agriculture and agro-based industries to improve food security of the nation.

The Managing Director, who said that his company is in dire need of raw materials, regretted that palm kernel and palm oil are very scarce, as he strongly appealed to the governor to consider their request, and make the needed land acquisition possible.

The Agriculture Commissioner disclosed that government has introduced several measures including mapping out a total of 165,000 hectares of land and setting up land committees to encourage entrepreneurs in the sector.

Afam said government desires to encourage development of agriculture/agro-based industries in the state, one of the major interests of Governor Willie Obiano’s administration.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.