Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1223777 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
Schematics:
Overall development in Anambra has been unprecedented.

There are tourist attractions at Ogbunike Cave which the government is presently developing. There is also waterfall at Nkwerre Ezukalla. Both UNESCO heritage.

There are two 5 star hotels and 3 malls going on right now in Anambra to boast hospitality and tourism, this is very ambitious. Airport is already on the table as site the has been secured and preliminary work taken off. Already the state has some of the best road network traversing all corners of the state.

Electricity situation in Anambra is fair compare to some other states. Onitsha Port take off is being delayed by FG's concession project.The only thing Anambra lacks now is rail-line which is more or less a federal government project. Aside that every other thing is either in place or already being put in place.

By the grace of God and strategic thinking, we shall overcome all the teething problems.

I was in a seminar about African renaissance and Rwanda kept coming up as a model for African governments to emulate. So I spoke to the Rwandan rep. later how her country became so successful and she outlined 3 major points her country focused on after the Rwandan genocide.
Mind you, Rwanda's budget was less than $200 million before their economic reforms started.Which was smaller than Anambra's budget.

1. They weaned Rwanda of foreign aid dependence by boosting agriculture and help create Agro packaging businesses using Rwandan resources and farm produce.

2. They boosted foreign direct investment and tourism by making Rwanda safe,easy to set up businesses, building of world class hotels and tourist sites.

3. They created a central revenue collection authority to systematically ensure taxes are collected and remitted to the government.

I think Obiano has been pursuing all these strategies in one way or the other except Number 3.Which is the most critical because government must collect taxes efficiently and block all the leakages of revenue into private pockets, in order to fund development projects.
I have also noticed that 2015 Anambra state budget will have bigger contribution from IGR than in the past.

Anambra must quickly set up a "State Revenue Authority" to systematically streamline all taxes/ IGR sources and have good strategies for collecting and remitting ALL internally generated revenue.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 10:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
More companies springing up...

Harbour estate...

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Production activities makes this road a busy one...

Lorries with waiting in turn to offload their goods while some of them wanna load finish goods..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
Work has resumed on second niger bridge but men on black no allow make I take some pix.

Abeg make una manage this few from the site..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
Saw some workers repairing our street lights..

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by kestolove95(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
FKO81:
Academias from Anambra state:
1. Dr Pius Okigbo first Nigerian PHD in Economics
2. prof Philip emeagwali inventor of super computer
3. Prof Okoye first Nigerian professor of physics
4. Chike Obi first Nigerian professor of mathematicsa, Mathematician famous for his work on non-differential equations won the 1985 ICTP Price
5. prof Kodilnye first Nigerian professor of medicine
6. Professor Kenneth Dike a pre-eminent scholar of African History and was. the first indigenous Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan and founder of the National Archives.
7. Prof James Ezelio first Nigerian professor differential calculus
8. prof Chinua Achebe great novelist
* Cyprian Ekwensi MFR, a writer of international repute
9. Emeka Anyaoku first African commom wealth chairman
10. Prof Ben Enwonwu first Nigerian sculptor of international repute with artwork gracing the United Nations headquarters
11. Professor Samuel Okoye was black Africa's first PhD in RadioAstronomy.
who along with Antony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star.
12.Chief Jerome Udoji a social reformer was the first African to be made a 'D.O' (District Officer) by the Colonial Administration
13. Chimamanda Adichie Novelist
14. Gilbert Kodilinye BA(Oxon) MA(Oxon) LL.M(Lond) Barrist -at-Law
15. Prof Dora Akunyili Pharmacologist
16. Oby Ezekwezili former world bank Charlady in Africa
17. Olisa Agbakoba first NBA president
* Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor, appointed in 2008 by UN
Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping. Operations.
18 Charles Soludo Economist and fromer CBN Governor
19. Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, a London-based visual artist. The first black artist to paint a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II when commissioned to paint the official Golden Jubilee portrai
20. Francis Akpuaka - a renowned professor of plastic surgery

with all dix long list..d state is been rule by an illitrate godfather called uba

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nice one guys. Keep the pictures coming.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 12:02am On Nov 28, 2014
I so much love the location of the nnewi mall. It will greatly add to the beauty of the town I wish the government would do something about the narrow roads around that nkwo triangle. That roundabout there also needs a makeover.

The location of the Awka mall seem to br away from the city centre

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 12:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Onitsha tiny street roadsgrin

gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Curlieweed: 12:55am On Nov 28, 2014
FKO81:
I'm not creating this thread to exaggerate or brag but to inform those that lack information about my humble state. Anambra state is endowed with great men and women who have excelled in various fields of academics, business,politics etc. Anambra state capital and the seat of Government is Awka. Onitsha and Nnewi are the biggest commercial and industrial cities, respectively. The state's theme is "Light Of The Nation". Boundaries are formed by Delta State to the west, Imo State and Rivers State to the south, Enugu State to the east and Kogi State to the north. The origin of the name is derived from the Anambra River (Omambala) which is a tributary of the famous River Niger.
The indigenous ethnic group in Anambra state are the Igbo (98% of population) and a small population of Igala (2% of the population) who live mainly in the north-western part of the state.[3]
Anambra is the eighth most populated state in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the second most densely populated state in Nigeria after Lagos State. The stretch of more than 45 km between Oba and Amorka contains a cluster of numerous thickly populated villages and small towns giving the area an estimated average density of 1,500–2,000 persons per square kilometer. Anambra is rich in natural gas, crude oil, bauxite, ceramic and has an almost 100 percent arable soil. In the year 2006, foundation laying ceremony for the first Nigerian private refinery Orient Petroleum Refinery (OPR) was made at Aguleri area.[4] The Orient Petroleum Resource Ltd, (OPRL) owners of OPR, was licensed in June 2002, by the Federal Government to construct a private refinery with a 55,000 b/d capacity. Furthermore, Anambra state is a state that has many other resources in terms of agro-based activities like fishery and farming, as well as land cultivated for pasturing and animal husbandry. Currently, Anambra State has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. Primary and secondary school enrollment in the state is one of the highest in the country. Consequently, Anambra state has the highest number of JAMB candidates going after the limited number of spaces in Nigeria's tertiary colleges, and since 2011/2012 till date (2014) has made the best results in both WAEC and NECO conducted senior secondary school examinations.

Great thread, bro. I was in OSHA a few months ago and couldn't believe it. Please keep the flag flying and ignore trolls.

Hopefully, we can get an APGA government next year and finally start enjoying as you guys are doing now.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 1:05am On Nov 28, 2014
Curlieweed:

Great thread, bro. I was in OSHA a few months ago and couldn't believe it. Please keep the flag flying and ignore trolls.

Hopefully, we can get an APGA government next year and finally start enjoying as you guys are doing now.
it is not really about party but personality.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:33am On Nov 28, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Am back after 4weeks of incercetrations

thanks for Okija Amaka holding down

Buddha nwannem,alusi n'eje uka glad to have you back.
Guy,where are the pictures you promised....Nnaa,ekwekwana ka iwe wee mooo grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 1:50am On Nov 28, 2014
Mehn! Stuff really went down here ooo, just yesterday that I relaxed. Ma dayyz!... Seems some good citizens invited the authorities to sanitize the land cheesy. I really missed all the drama oh angry.
I for like view dose pics wey dem don quarantine sha grin

asha80:
awka's own looks abandoned.
It was, until lately. Dunno why though
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 1:53am On Nov 28, 2014
OreMI22:
Is there a reason why Park road was dualized without installing street lights??

Is that the Anambra standard ?

Take a look at the centre divide, you'll see the base where the street light will be mounted. I believe the contractors are not done with the road yet. The Obiano I know won't have it so.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 1:55am On Nov 28, 2014
Myluv1:

It was, until lately. Dunno why though
meaning work has commenced there?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:11am On Nov 28, 2014
asha80:
meaning work has commenced there?

As you can see from the pix.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Anambra obodo oyibo.. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2014
Curlieweed:

Bro,
Please explain the bolded.
Thanks
asha80:
it is not really about party but personality.
Oga
So you follow dey campaign against rochas?

Wahala dey oh.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2014
tabletman1:
Bro,
Thanks Oga

Wahala dey oh.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
tabletman1:
Saw some workers repairing our street lights..

Please what road is that?

Wow! This might seem insignificant, but it speaks volumes about the change Onitsha is experiencing. Things are truly changing. I lived off and on in Onitsha from 1978 to 2008. In this long period of time and across many administrations both military and civilian, i had never seen a street light bulb replaced or repaired!

For this to happen, as insignificant as it appears, it shows that real leaders are finally back in Anambra. The locust years may truly be over indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Curlieweed: 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
tabletman1:
Bro,
Thanks Oga

Wahala dey oh.

Onitsha has really transformed for the better. Cleaner and a little less chaos. It used to be one of my least favourite cities but I actually spent a night there, something I never attempted previously.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
cjrane:

Please what road is that?

Wow! This might seem insignificant, but it speaks volumes about the change Onitsha is experiencing. Things are truly changing. I lived off and on in Onitsha from 1978 to 2008. In this long period of time and across many administrations both military and civilian, i had never seen a street light bulb replaced or repaired!

For this to happen, as insignificant as it appears, it shows that real leaders are finally back in Anambra. The locust years may truly be over indeed.
You need to come to my village, Solar light everywhere ooooo. From 6.30pm till dawn.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

You need to come to my village, Solar light everywhere ooooo. From 6.30pm till dawn.
which village?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
tabletman1:
Bro,
Thanks Oga
Wahala dey oh.
rochas is not going for reelection as governor...he is going for presidency or vice...i do not see how my comment relates to rochas though.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nwanne m Odenigbo nwa aroli: onye Umuoji ka ibu,ma mara na ife eji abu Anambra erika erika nwannem.

I still have many pictures shaa, i left to Osha to Ihiala, Obiano through is Zero tolerance to pothole is fixing Orlu Rd, Ihiala, do you know Ihiala have gotten bank rd with many banks lining up the streets with branches.
I went to Fidelity branch here, believe me the que was akin to what you see in Onitsha, nwanne building materials bu hot cake here, EEDC are fixing new transformers, i saw many rehabilated schools.

Nwanne, Anambra is beyond what you capture via camera anymore, i saw them fixing streetlights in Onitsha but i couldnt take pics,

though i still have pics but am yet to make it to the cafe, maybe tomoro shaa so that i will edit the pics and reduce the resolution.

OdenigboAroli:

Buddha nwannem,alusi n'eje uka glad to have you back.
Guy,where are the pictures you promised....Nnaa,ekwekwana ka iwe wee mooo grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
tabletman1:
Onitsha tiny street roadsgrin

gringrin

We need to stop people from parking cars in this kind of narrow lane,so that they can be enough space.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Nwanne m Odenigbo nwa aroli: onye Umuoji ka ibu,ma mara na ife eji abu Anambra erika erika nwannem.

I still have many pictures shaa, i left to Osha to Ihiala, Obiano through is Zero tolerance to pothole is fixing Orlu Rd, Ihiala, do you know Ihiala have gotten bank rd with many banks lining up the streets with branches.
I went to Fidelity branch here, believe me the que was akin to what you see in Onitsha, nwanne building materials bu hot cake here, EEDC are fixing new transformers, i saw many rehabilated schools.

Nwanne, Anambra is beyond what you capture via camera anymore, i saw them fixing streetlights in Onitsha but i couldnt take pics,

though i still have pics but am yet to make it to the cafe, maybe tomoro shaa so that i will edit the pics and reduce the resolution.

I think our able governor (willie obiano) is in a hurry to develop Anambra State for good. Buddah Nwanne , missed all your posts, where have u being?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
3dankey:

I think our able governor (willie obiano) is in a hurry to develop Anambra State for good. Buddah Nwanne , missed all your posts, where have u being?

I love the bolded.
I remember in 2007, Godswill Akpabio was described using similar adjectives "in a hurry to develop" and " angry about the state of affairs".
Seven years later, Akpabio's "hurry and anger" to change the face of his state proved to be worthy emotions that benefited his state.

I believe it is a good omen for Anambra that such words are now being used to describe Willie Obiano.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
3dankey:

We need to stop people from parking cars in this kind of narrow lane,so that they can be enough space.

I don't think the government can do anything about that. Surely People must drive and they must park their car. The problem is the town planning authority and the landlords.

When I lived in Fegge and Awada, I can tell you that many landlords build on every inch of their compound, leaving no space for the cars of their tenants.
We need to move away from the standard size of plots in order to make sure some space is provided as car park. Another way of doing it is making sure that streets passing through areas with high rise building are allotted twice the size of regular streets. So that residents can be mandated to park only on one side of the street.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
Obiano to build doctors quarters in 37 general hospitals

Governor Obiano said while work was ongoing at the 37 general hospitals, the Onitsha, Enugwu-ukwu and Ekwulobia General Hospitals would be equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities to provide compre­hensive healthcare in the three senatorial zones.

The governor also inaugurat­ed the equipment distribution at Ekwusigo Local Government Headquarters, Ozubulu, and that of Anaocha Local Govern­ment Area at Neni.

Flagging off the distribu­tion, Governor Obiano said the state government was spending huge resources to equip all cat­egories of hospitals across the state to serve the people better and provide quality healthcare delivery closer to the people

The Commissioner for Eco­nomic Planning and Budget, Prof. Solo Chukwudobelu, disclosed that the materials and equipment distributed in Ekwusigo were valued at N67 million; while the medical equipment and education mate­rials being distributed in prima­ry health centres and schools in Anaocha Local Government Area are valued at about N75 million.
Read more: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=92786

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Awka Capital Development Manual Ready

the Secretary of the Board and Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Housing and Urban Development, Willie Okafor, said the development plan for Awka capital territory has been developed into hard and soft copy prototypes, with visuals, while the aerial topography of Awka has been taken, toward making Anambra a smart city with satellite towns that will decongest the state capital.

The board members also assured that there would be no undue victimisation when they commence full operations, saying that genuine land owners would get compensated if their property are affected in the course of work.
Read more: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=93007

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.