Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45726 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by azpekuliar: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
I have never seen the need to own one, so I have never owned one. My laptop and my iPhone serve all my computing needs.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty:

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
i dont think its a waste of time at all;

-instead of carrying 20million study guides for my lectures everyday i simply carry my iPad

- i can do all my online tests and assignments on it instead of using a phone that has a very small and inconvinient screen.

-i can video chat on a larger screen, with my family and friends.

- i can watch movies and series online on it

- i am able to keep all my class slides and notes, test and exam papers in one place.

- i can scan and email documents faster on an ipad.

Its very useful for me

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Guy u just vomitted my thought, initially am a die hard fan of blackberry, infact have used four different brand of blackberry, until my offixe guyz started these craze of tab, i just gave it a try, i wanted to go for the cube tab also, but ended up with a tecno S9...first week i enjoyed it, but when it got to me using it to do what my BB does, men see wahala. From there on i started missing my BB which i actually gave out cos i have a tab and don't want to carry 2 'big' phones. What i think the tab is good for is for entertainment cos of its larger screen, am definately going back to my bb soones
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by tobymichael(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
We are being sold lifestyle buy these so called tech giants....everything is made to look cool..wat can we do?
Nothing! We have to sucknit up and accept it as part of life in the world we live in
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ladyinred: 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: U actually picked the wrong person..if u had a little sense in that empty skull of yours...u would realize its my opinion.I didn't force u to open it and neither did I say u shouldnt buy a tablet..But again,what do I expect from low thinking,semi illiterate and unemployed sorry excuse for a human being?its a pity u cant read and comprehend simple English..please when u find an adult education school,forward your expenses to me.because u are really pathe8tic!
Sh*t!
*Falls down from the tree*
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by successismine(f): 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"
hahaha!!! must u use d priest joystick as example
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
You buy china tablet come here dey complain. Allow those who own "machines" like Galaxy Tabs and the rest to complain first.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Everyone has right to spend money on whatever he/she wants. Why tag it as a waste of money jst because u cant afford the luxury of a high end product?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by omoadeleye(m): 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Without reading other people comment, ok, just because you don't fancy or you. Don't know the usefulness of those tab don st mean you should call does precious tab, a waste of money, it just depend the purpose for you of getting the pad, right now am thinking of getting a big screen tab, so I can enjoy a good browsing experience and play all this awesome games, and do all this kind of tricky stuFf on it, well I can't blame you thou, you are just a girl, and how you understand the usefulness of the tab you decide to talk about, cause is not all about what sapping or facebooking, there are lots of stuFf the tab is meant for.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by hyuga(m): 12:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Mcslize: OP I don't agree with your assertion. Ipad and Tablet PC have alot of importance. Unless you do not know what to do with it rather than play games and watch videos that is only when you can say Ipad and Tablets are not different from smart phones.

For those who know the value of Ipad and Tablet , they will tell you it means alot to them especially students. You need not buy all the textbooks when your ipad or Tablet can store all the soft copies of those Books for you and can read them anywhere you are; in the Bus, in your house , in the Canteen. It will make reading easy for you cuz at every moment you can turn on your Tablet and glance through a page.

For business persons, it serves alot of importance. You can save lots of your business files in your Ipad or Tablet and check your mails every time not to miss out any important mail sent to you as it is so portable to be carried about. I prefer the 7inches Ipad or Tablet if you are the type that do not like over size Tab.

In all and all OP your claim may not hold true for everyone if only you know the importance of Ipad or Tablet PC. It is not for fancy. They are meant to ease your work.

ehm, apart 4rm a wider view, my old htc velocity did all u mentioned. Did my final yr project on it (4rm research 2 typing). M nt judgin those who buy it bt frankly i haven't seen what a tab will do dat a smartphone of same os wont do. Smartphones even ve beta cameras
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by barnaby04(m): 12:25am On Oct 03, 2014
At times, some of the things we buy are things we don't really have much use for but just because of wanting to feel among and also be seen as a big boy or big girl stuff.

A tablet and a smart phone are two similar items that does same purpose, only that one has a fairly bigger screen than the other which is the only difference between the two.

I bought a tablet that is less than a year old which was the latest tech in market then, as I write this, I don't think have used it actively in the last two months cos I just discovered that what I does on it is still what I does on any of my smart phones. So why always carry a burden about?

Today, whenever I look at it where I kept it and remembers the fortune used in buying it, I ask myself, did I actually wasted money in buying it? Cos its something I rarely use these days

This our thirst for latest gadgets and feeling big always, may it not lead us astray!

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Sunbellar: 12:49am On Oct 03, 2014
meekpie:

Hmm sounds tempting sir, but it seems my 5" smart phone can do all these effortlessly as well, but with the added convenience of being able to slide it in my trouser or shirt pocket when I'm done with it. . . There's gotta be a more striking selling point to justify that 100k+ investment nau
Inasmuch 5" Samsung galaxy note 3 can do these aforementioned jobs, it is still as much costly as Samsung galaxy note 10.1 and bear in mind that it's only Samsung notes can make notes and jot down things. The only advantage of note 10.1 over note 3 is screen resolution.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by sleekman(m): 12:52am On Oct 03, 2014
I tell people that Ipad and android like models are a waste of money. Its best 2 go for hybrids such as d Hp envy X2. Its a tablet and a laptop. 2 in 1. They are called transformers. Its got remarkable performance and battery time is longer than most pads.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by DAVE5(m): 1:02am On Oct 03, 2014
jamillion: People seize to realize d fact that weda u buy ipad, tablet or iphone dey still use the same android OS its jst d app dat Maks d operation diff.......ie, jst try and compare iphone6 wit 6+, ipad 3 and 4, curve 4 and 4 etc.....wise up...

d world is moving forward...

my point is d iPhone 6 and 4 might just be the same technically but 6 (or any other latest gadget) is now more efficient at what they do...

5mb storage device used to b like big boxes in the olden days meanwhile now 1tb storage device can fit right in your hands....
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 03, 2014
navistar:

Somebody is pained!! Unfortunately I don't trade words with people on public forums. Just wanted to let you know how STUPID your opinion sounded. Calling me semi illiterate was rather too polite.. you should have said I was a full on subnormal human with acute dylexia! Don't you think? I would find the adult school that you deemed so wise to suggest to some1 who in my opinion is your intellectual superior!! But then again am speculating.. forwarding the bill to you won't be fair? After all you can't afford an ipad, sorry don't like an ipad cry
I had to scrol back and check ur name after reading this post I was especting to female as ur gender, but was supprised to notice u are male. U knw, real men dont do what u just did, trading words with a lady? Common guy u can do more than that.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 03, 2014
navistar:

Somebody is pained!! Unfortunately I don't trade words with people on public forums. Just wanted to let you know how STUPID your opinion sounded. Calling me semi illiterate was rather too polite.. you should have said I was a full on subnormal human with acute dylexia! Don't you think? I would find the adult school that you deemed so wise to suggest to some1 who in my opinion is your intellectual superior!! But then again am speculating.. forwarding the bill to you won't be fair? After all you can't afford an ipad, sorry don't like an ipad cry
I had to scrol back and check ur name after reading this post I was especting to see female as ur gender, but was supprised to notice u are male. U knw, real men dont do what u just did, trading words with a lady? Common guy u can do more than that.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Aida13: 1:39am On Oct 03, 2014
barnaby04:
At times, some of the things we buy are things we don't really have much use for but just because of wanting to feel among and also be seen as a big boy or big girl stuff.

A tablet and a smart phone are two similar items[b] that does same purpose[/b], only that one has a fairly bigger screen than the other which is the only difference between the two.

I bought a tablet that is less than a year old which was the latest tech in market then, as I write this, I don't think have used it actively in the last two months cos I just discovered that what I does on it is still what I does on any of my smart phones. So why always carry a burden about?

Today, whenever I look at it where I kept it and remembers the fortune used in buying it, I ask myself, did I actually wasted money in buying it? Cos its something I rarely use these days

This our thirst for latest gadgets and feeling big always, may it not lead us astray!

Wow, just wow @ bold. I can't. I just. Darn.

grin
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 03, 2014
I recommend a phone, pad and laptop. Three useful must have gadgets..
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ideal1076(m): 6:12am On Oct 03, 2014
I am enjoyin my Asha200 wallahi..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by JoeCutie(m): 6:24am On Oct 03, 2014
datalossvictim1: I recommend a phone, pad and laptop. Three useful must have gadgets..
Pad? which kinda pad though?

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by grudges: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2014
west of money or watever u call it, I never 've e impression of owning tablet as a machine I can carry like my ordinary phone cos I know it will nt take me long tym 2 become piss up wth it, when I know a phone of 5 inch can serve me all my needs, nevertheless, I can use tab at home only, for watching nd readng some stuff.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Sowl(m): 6:56am On Oct 03, 2014
quinfayva: so not true, for a student it serves as an electronic library for all your textbooks you dont have to carry all your textbooks around.For those presenting seminars you save money and energy printing different materials for seminar praacticals,you just present with your pad.Bonus points your snap lecture notes from projectors (for those of us in ajebutter schools) ,you can also travel with it conveniently when travelling for short duration, ditching your heavy and space occupying laptop.The key point is don't buy gadgets because of hype but because you have need of it.plus playing games eg fruit ninja and temple run is sooooooo awesome on your pad lol just had to add that.

Goodthin u made mention of ur skul bein ajebuttaish,coz if it was a skul like mine dat i finished 4rm.... Ur fellow coursemates b lookin @ u lyk a nerdy geek ajebutta dat only wants 2flaunt her gadgetr toy smiley
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by twosquare(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2014
pro01: If you must buy a tablet, buy one that runs on Windows OS. These Android tablets are pretty much entertainment devices that serve no useful purpose besides viewing pictures/videos, gaming, and surfing the Internet.

On the other hand, with a Windows tablet, you can enjoy (almost) the full functionality of a laptop and actually get work done. At least that's my experience.
can you recommend one windows tab for me?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by blackweaver(m): 7:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Ochillary: If am ever going to buy a tab its going to be for gaming purpose.. Big screen + the battery

thank you joo, too many people try to use their tablet as a phone replacement , meanwhile it was meant to compete with netbooks not phones. The original iPad didn't even come with a mobile network and till today if I buy a tablet for myself it has to be Wi-Fi only
I use my tablet for browsing at home, watching movies , playing HD games (plants vs zombies is more fun on a tablet ), and reading - especially comics. Those who say tablets don't perform any particular function obviously don't read comics (unless they have phablets)

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by tender777(f): 7:47am On Oct 03, 2014
allanphash7: why dont you go for 3310 then instead.
lol that model now belongs to a museum.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by nony0631: 8:18am On Oct 03, 2014
I've been playing game with my own utterly useless
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Talius(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2014
jamillion: People seize to realize d fact that weda u buy ipad, tablet or iphone dey still use the same android OS its jst d app dat Maks d operation diff.......ie, jst try and compare iphone6 wit 6+, ipad 3 and 4, curve 4 and 4 etc.....wise up...
u didn't make any sense, u were just confusing ur readers
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Revolva(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2014
YEAH POSTER has said it...sometimes i see tablet as a waste of time n money....cos i see no reason i will be walkign with a Big slate board on my palm..when my fone can do almost all...the only reason i like tablets ..its for journalism works
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by masqot(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2014
I love my laptop cos it works incredibly like no iPad. My android mobile is my companion while my kids play their games on the iPad.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2014
twosquare: can you recommend one windows tab for me?

Microsoft Surface tablet (Windows 8 ) is really good, and so is the Lenovo Thinkpad series. Some Dell and Asus tablets also run on Windows 8. .it all depends on your budget. If you can spare about N130-140k, I'll suggest either Microsoft Surface or Lenovo Thinkpad 2, although there are cheaper models that can do the job too.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by caprini1: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2014
A laptop,a blackberry and an android phone is all you need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.