Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page (2915 Views)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by Ajibam: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
ShehuAba:

Let me ask you this question:
When last did you see Muslim threads hit front-page?

It used to be so before now every Friday, but seun just decided to stop it abruptly after making only guests to view it.

There's a biggie in front-page because some people don't bother to visit other sections except the front-page.

So, we need to enlighten our fellow Muslim brothers and educate other non Muslims about Islam.

So, bro that's why we are clamoring for this.
Enlightenment and education? After giving you a whole section! You still complain about enlightenment, you must be a joker!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by ShehuAba(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ajibam:
Enlightenment and education? After giving you a whole section! You still complain about enlightenment, you must be a joker!

I Don hear you oga, I am a joker.
Clap for yourself serious man.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by atrix4g(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mr seun Osewa sir, with all that has been said I hop u have a rethink on what we Muslims are saying here, it is for the betterment of the forum moreover Eid is almost here if a site that is loved by people and also boast of a section for the Muslims and none of its thread is reaching front page then that's not fair. Thanks.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by maclatunji: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
I endorse the OP. It is a clear statement that addresses an issue that has to be properly addressed by Seun.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by garsul: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
probsolver: The OP spoke d minds of the Muslims

Assalamu alaikum. The OP only spoke the minds of some muslims, of what use is a topic on the FP, when the thread will almost certainly be derailed by intolerant bigots casting aspersion on the deen and saying regretful things about our noble prophet (PBUH) with some muslims battling to distance islam from their threacherous lies & slanders. For me and some other brothers & sisters that I know, we would rather come to the islamic section and pick an uninfested thread for our consumption

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by hybeenoni: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
An enterprenuer hoping dt his biz grows must nt take sides coz it may hurt his biz, @ seun hope u copy dat
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by cirmuell(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
ShehuAba:

Let me ask you this question:
When last did you see Muslim threads hit front-page?

It used to be so before now every Friday, but seun just decided to stop it abruptly after making only guests to view it.

There's a biggie in front-page because some people don't bother to visit other sections except the front-page.

So, we need to enlighten our fellow Muslim brothers and educate other non Muslims about Islam.

So, bro that's why we are clamoring for this.
okay goodluck with that.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by AbdH: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
No man is just if he does not create a level playing ground. Only topics from this section are treated with disdain. It is disheartening that what actually brought me to Nairaland is being treated as a nonentity.

Treat all sections equally, we demand that our topics become visible to all on the front page. That is not much to ask, hmmmm or is it? Mr Seun?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Well done. @op
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by muhammad23(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mr Seun Osewa... Fairness, Justice and Equity in everything you do... PUT OUR TOPICS ON FRONT PAGE....
We are begging you ni oooo
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by Slitz(f): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
# team Islamic topics on frontpage!!! Seun come out o, y r u hiding angry
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by cirmuell(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
garsul:

Assalamu alaikum. The OP only spoke the minds of some muslims, of what use is a topic on the FP, when the thread will almost certainly be derailed by intolerant bigots casting aspersion on the deen and saying regretful things about our noble prophet (PBUH) with some muslims battling to distance islam from their threacherous lies & slanders. For me and some other brothers & sisters that I know, we would rather come to the islamic section and pick an uninfested thread for our consumption
honestly you are right, even those you don't want in your thread will comment once it hits FP. Can't remember the last time I came to this section. Though someone said your threads don't make FP again even on fridays, I have no say in that so I wish you guys whatever you want. #shalom
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by Wizeboy(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
garsul:

Bro, kindly check almost all the threads on Islam thread and show me just one thread that is not derailed despite the fact that we are ban on front page.

I am certain that if not for the front page, you wouldn't or only by few chance discover that there's an ISLAM thread on Nairaland. The way you saw Islam thread on front page and came in, allow other brethern too to discover such opportunity.

Seun must learn to act with fairness, he must learn to be a true leader, because been the owner of this forum automatically crown him as a leader. We totally reject the marginalisation.

Mr. Seun Osewa, kindly come and explain the reason for your action and why we should continue to be treated badly here.

PEACE

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by tbaba1234: 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
garsul:

Wa aleikum salam,

I wonder whether you would have Islam if the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and his companions decided to keep to themselves because of abuse. It is important that we educate ourselves and non muslims about Islam, particularly in these times. Abuse is not a sufficient reason.

The op mail is as a result of meeting with nairaland muslims and your last post in this section was in 2012. The op did not bring this out of the blue.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
The OP has my support.

APC vs PDP threads make frontpage, why not Islamic threads? I disagree with the reason given.

garsul:

However, this is an equally sensible comment. It is dicey, honestly. We have these crude guys venting so much vitriol on Islamic threads...Will keeping Islamic threads in the Islamic section alone reduce the hate? or improve the quality of discourse? is that the only solution possible?

Seun, I doubt you run a fiefdom, please listen.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by ShehuAba(m): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
garsul:

Please where are the "your other brothers and sisters", let's see them.

After all, most of us here have affirmed that the op spoke our mind. Please brother, your post even suggests that you're not conversant with happenings on this section.

tbaba, have told you that this was borne out of the meeting that was held recently in Lagos.

Even wizeboy, buttresses the fact that a thread hidden in this section, doesn't mean derailers won't come. I can also attest to that FACT.

i think with the above you understand why we are clamoring for this.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by garsul: 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
tbaba1234:

Wa aleikum salam,

I wonder whether you would have Islam if the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and his companions decided to keep to themselves because of abuse. It is important that we educate ourselves and non muslims about Islam, particularly in these times. Abuse is not a sufficient reason.

The op mail is as a result of meeting with nairaland muslims and your last post in this section was in 2012. The op did not bring this out of the blue.

Dear brother, if you say so. As for me I can't stand my deen been ridiculed and my beloved prophet being spoke about with foul words, it makes my heart bleed. I stopped commenting because there is no point explaining to whom their hearts are herken and chose disbeleive neither will I want to waste my time telling an unbelievers not to judge the deen with actions of some muslims.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by tbaba1234: 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
garsul:

Dear brother, if you say so. As for me I can't stand my deen been ridiculed and my beloved prophet being spoke about with foul words, it makes my heart bleed. I stopped commenting because there is no point explaining to whom their hearts are herken and chose disbeleive neither will I want to waste my time telling an unbelievers not to judge the deen with actions of some muslims.

I understand you but even if one person gets the message, it is good. We have to engage with the reasonable people out there.

The trolls will be taken care of by the moderators, no need to respond to them.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by ShehuAba(m): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Come to think of it. Why won't Muslims clamor for our threads to be on the front-page. When it's clear that most people usually pay more attention to threads that make front page.

Let me cite an example here:

I remember one of my first topics in 2012 to hit front page was widely acknowledged by many. "How to overcome hardships, the Islamic perspective"

https://www.nairaland.com/1041245/how-overcome-hardships-islamic-perspective

I can recall vividly that, some brethren confess to the fact, that the topic really meant a lot to them, and has really helped them in overcoming the difficulties, they found themselves. In fact, some people even with that topic went to the extent of sharing their experience with overcoming hardships. The topic, if am not mistaken was up to 3 pages, and I am very sure that it really affected most people's lives.

Now I ask?
If the topic was hidden in this section, how will a person who just checks the updates on front-page be affected by the story?..
How will it be possible for others to share their experiences with others, if they didn't discover the topic?

The fact is that, no matter how this section is hidden, people will always come there to perpetrate and propagate falsehood. In fact it will NEVER stop people from been mischievous.

To even buttress my point further, the nairaland apps notifies people of topics that make front page, and most people pay attention to that only. So, how will Muslims be marginalized from equally getting notified of their topics which makes front page on Fridays.

Seun, this is totally unfair.

We nairaland Muslims say:
#let our topics start hitting front page as usual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by tbaba1234: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Seun, we are waiting for you, again with a reasonable appeal.
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by ShehuAba(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Look at this again:

Tomorrow is Arafat, and a Friday. And Muslims out there won't be availed the opportunity of knowing more about its importance, essence, and things to do before the 'Eid.

Now on Saturday:
Seun will now move the thread: "'Eid Mubarak to all Muslims" to front-page.

To me, that's totally unacceptable if after the 'Eid, you'll still maintain the status quo of not moving our threads to front-page.

Justice must be played at all times, to all manners of people, no matter how different their ideologies is from ours.

That's why, we are calling on you SEUN to do what's right, and listen to the yearnings of Muslims on Nairaland. After all, we have contributed/ still contributing our own quota to making Nairaland what it's today.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by walelamina: 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Seun Osewa, why now, pls luk into this, Muslims are peaceful people
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by udatso: 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
ShehuAba: Look at this again:

Tomorrow is Arafat, and a Friday. And Muslims out there won't be availed the opportunity of knowing more about its importance, essence, and things to do before the 'Eid.

Now on Saturday:

To me, that's totally unacceptable if after the 'Eid, you'll still maintain the status quo of not moving our threads to front-page.

Justice must be played at all times, to all manners of people, no matter how different their ideologies is from ours.

That's why, we are calling on you SEUN to do what's right, and listen to the yearnings of Muslims on Nairaland. After all, we have contributed/ still contributing our own quota to making Nairaland what it's today.

well spoken. seun you hear?
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by tbaba1234: 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
ShehuAba: Look at this again:

Now on Saturday:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by lanrexlan(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
ShehuAba:

I Don hear you oga, I am a joker.
Clap for yourself serious man.
Don't mind the guy.
Seriously,Seun will need an immediate action on the issue
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by mikolo80: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wizeboy: Seun please your attention is needed here...

It is disheartening that no single Islam thread on front page. Check my profile since I have joined your forum (Nairaland). I have never been banned or make unscrupulous comment to anybody likewise many others here.

Why would people committing the offence be justify while our innocent thread is been punished. This is purely discrimination, I don't really mind if you ban me because of this, is time you should start acting indiscriminately without fear or favour.

Many comments are been hiding on your forum each day and you never ban such section on front page.

Peace
and yet You wonder why no one wants to play with ya'll
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by mikolo80: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wizeboy: Dear Seun Osewa,

We write this open letter to you, the owner of Nairaland.com to express our disappointment and objection to your barring threads located in Islam for Muslims section from the front page of your website (without restrictions).

We want to let you know that most of us participate actively on other threads in other sections without breaking the rules and find it disheartening that we cannot express our beliefs on your forum without been marginalised whilst people of other faiths have their threads on front page without any discrimination.

We learnt that you decided to ban Muslim threads from front page due to many hidden comments and bans that are given to erring members who break your forum rules by posting insults or seeking to derail threads.

This we find to be unfair and unjust as there are many hidden comments in the Politics section with bans handed out to rule-breakers. Yet, threads from that section appear on front page virtually every day.

Whether a thread hits front page or not, some people might still break Nairaland rules and you can easily find threads that are not on front page with hidden comments.

Therefore, your refusal to let our threads hit the front page for all to see has not achieved your desired result as it only portrays you as a biased and unfair decision-maker.

We appreciate what you have achieved with Nairaland thus far but expect that you would build it as a platform that is fair to all regardless of faith.

Therefore, we request that you reverse this unfair and unjust policy of yours and instead ensure that the forum rules are implemented fairly at all times.

We hope you will consider this open letter and act accordingly towards being fair to everybody.

Best Regards,

SIGNATORIES:
Wizeboy
Udatso
bluedome
amuda3040
yeyenatu
DJDOLA
walelamina
Dynamo1
Mubarack44
AbuuUthaymeen
tbaba1234
balash
simbiatadesomi
dmy
Rhukie
thirty
shakirat
page5
Skills102
muhammad23
eluquenson
kaz33im
amuda3040
Harbiorla
Decipher
Slitz
Tbarrister
wow
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by lanrexlan(m): 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
mikolo80: and yet You wonder why no one wants to play with ya'll
Bro,it's late in the night.Go and sleep,you need rest
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by Biliamin(m): 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Fairness is what we seek. Seun please do the needful
Re: Open Letter To Seun On Putting Islam For Muslims Section Threads On Front Page by tbaba1234: 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
ShehuAba: The truth is that Mr seun osewa thus far has not really justified why the Muslim threads haven't been hitting front page for sometimes now.

Despite the fact that Muslims have served meritoriously and still doing so on Nairaland.

One thing you should realize is that many nairalanders just visit the front page, and don't bother visiting other sections. That's why most at times, threads on the front page get lots of attention, contributions etc.

When you decide to isolate the Islam for Muslim sections because of bans, negative comments by others, and your thought that Islam/ Muslims are violent is totally uncalled for.

No matter how you try hard to hide the section, those who still want to be mischievous do still come there to do what they are good at.

So, i as a Nairaland Muslim, together with my brethren humbly request that You Reconsider your action of not putting our threads on frontpage , and be fair in your judgment and do what's right.

#seun Muslim threads needs to hit front-page

cc:
Seun
mukina2
maclatunji
Jarus
tbaba1234
penmight

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Relationship Sunnah In Islam ( See Here) / Let Us Talk Salaat / Jesus Will Follow Which Religion When Comes Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.