Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects (33917 Views)

Panic As 'Danfo Driver' Faints During Confrontation With LASTMA Officials / Germany Quarantines Suspected Ebola Patient From Nigeria / Ebola Is Here: 5 Reasons Not To Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by tomiobj(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
bushdoc9919:

They can and they will...after all Nigeria contained 200 contacts well enough!

In under a few days. The matter of usa is in weeks. And we all know that from a patient 0(original carrier of ebola) ebola will spread to wattttmore than 81 people. And they dint know there was ebola so.there was no preventive measures It would av spread to sm1 who probably moved to georgia/florida/ny. And no one will know. By d tym they find out. It will be outta control
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by tomiobj(m): 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
bushdoc9919:

They can and they will...after all Nigeria contained 200 contacts well enough!

In under a few days. The matter of usa is in weeks. And we all know that from a patient 0(original carrier of ebola) ebola will spread to wayyymore than 81 people. And they dint know there was ebola so.there was no preventive measures It would av spread to sm1 who probably moved to georgia/florida/ny. And no one will know. By d tym they find out. It will be outta control
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by tomiobj(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
In under a few days. The matter of usa is in weeks they didn't even know. Nigerians knew in under 5 days. Took us 2 weeks. And we all know that from a patient 0(original carrier of ebola) ebola will spread to wattttmore than 81 people in that period. And they dint know there was ebola so.there was no preventive measures It would av spread to sm1 who probably moved to georgia/florida/ny. And no one will know. By d tym they find out. It will be outta control
ceejayluv:
81 under observation.... we observed over 200 suspected cases during our ordeal...
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Too many primitive people posting comments on this thread. Nigerians follow the measures WHO gave to contain the EVD. I don't know why people are laughing over the situation of the Ebola case in Dallas. This is stupidity at the highest order for those who are laughing because it makes them look very uncivilized. Jeez!

8 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by DoctorTim: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
adavize: Paramedics who transported the patient to the hospital have been isolated, Rawlings’ chief of staff said. They have not shown symptoms of the disease so far, Frieden said.

The ambulance used to carry the patient was still in use for two days after the transport, city of Dallas spokeswoman Sana Syed said.

But she emphasised that the paramedics decontaminated the ambulance, as they do after every transport, according to national standards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ebola patient in Dallas will not be given ZMapp, the experimental drug used to treat several international aid workers and medical staff, including at least two Americans, because stocks have run out.

ZMapp is one of the drugs that is being rushed into trials in the epidemic, along with other drugs that will need more safety data in animals and humans before they are administered to patients.

There have been very few doses available and stocks have all been used up, but the San Diego-based company behind ZMapp is pressing ahead with the manufacture of more supplies. It is not an easy drug to make, however. It includes three man-made antibodies to the virus which are grown in tobacco leaves and take months to produce. (Guardian UK, October 1st 2014)

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

DONT LET YOUR CONSPIRACIES AND HATE GET IN THE WAY OF THE TRUTH. ASK YOUR GOVERNMENT WHAT FACILITIES AND RESEARCH IT HAS PUT IN PLACE.

You must be thinking u are ann American..

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by cherryice(f): 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Omgee cry
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by tomiobj(m): 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
candy:
They will contain it in Jesus name.
then they should stop decievn themselves that the contacts r 81. Ebola spreads faster than that

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by abbey621(m): 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
tomiobj:

In under a few days. The matter of usa is in weeks. And we all know that from a patient 0(original carrier of ebola) ebola will spread to wayyymore than 81 people. And they dint know there was ebola so.there was no preventive measures It would av spread to sm1 who probably moved to georgia/florida/ny. And no one will know. By d tym they find out. It will be outta control

Another uneducated post! Pls do research more on Ebola. The disease is not contagious until the individual starts showing symptoms and even then it can only be contracted thru bodily fluids. The individual sought medical treatment immediately he got sick and all the individuals he made contact with have been quarantined, case closed!

5 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by atiku07(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
U are a fool and may u die of ebola oponu

abbey621:

Come on man! Patrick Sawyer was sick while on board the plane, this man however had no symptoms, which is why he was allowed to make it out of the port of entry and also who told you no Ebola in Nigeria? I can bet you there are many undocumented case which we don't know about, keep listening to lies being spread around by your government!
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by abbey621(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
atiku07: U are a fool and may u die of ebola oponu

Baba nla baba e will die of Ebola, wretched fellow!
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
abbey621:

Another uneducated post! Pls do research more on Ebola. The disease is not contagious until the individual starts showing symptoms and even then it can only be contracted thru bodily fluids. The individual sought medical treatment immediately he got sick and all the individuals he made contact with have been quarantined, case closed!
Most Nigerians are primitive. After seeing most of the posts here and their wicked intentions toward others, I can now see one of the reasons why that society is very shambolic and dangerous for civilized people to live in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by uzolexis(f): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
abbey621:

Come on man! Patrick Sawyer was sick while on board the plane, this man however had no symptoms, which is why he was allowed to make it out of the port of entry and also who told you no Ebola in Nigeria? I can bet you there are many undocumented case which we don't know about, keep listening to lies being spread around by your government!
so what makes you think there is still ebola in Nigeria? are you incinuating that we are not capable of handling it Take it or leave it,there is no ebola in Nigeria. I don't know why some pple never want to hear good news come out of Nigeria. angry
To the topic- I really hope US takes care of this as soon as possible,ebola is not a disease i would want even my enemy to have. I wish them the best and what is it with Liberians spreading this disease

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by nora544: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
abbey621:

That is not realy tru, first when he went to the hospital they send him away that is the problem because America feel that they cannot get it, it has to do with the goverment, and the health standart in the country.

When a goverment told the doctors what they have to do when y person from such a country come to the hospital and tell that he has fever the first they have to to is to make a test and not send him away.

In my country we had during nigeria had ebola 4 people who went to the hospital or a doctor and they had fever and what we make was that tey get tested on Ebola, it is better to test 100 people and all are negative than send one person away with fever.
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by abbey621(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
nora544:

That is not realy tru, first when he went to the hospital they send him away that is the problem because America feel that they cannot get it, it has to do with the goverment, and the health standart in the country.

When a goverment told the doctors what they have to do when y person from such a country come to the hospital and tell that he has fever the first they have to to is to make a test and not send him away.

In my country we had during nigeria had ebola 4 people who went to the hospital or a doctor and they had fever and what we make was that tey get tested on Ebola, it is better to test 100 people and all are negative than send one person away with fever.

Yes you are right, the hospital made a mistake by sending him away but the matter was quickly corrected and the individuals he made contact with are now quarantined. America is very good in containing a situation like this, either through legal or illegal means, so nothing to fear!
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by ceejayluv(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
tomiobj:

In under a few days. The matter of usa is in weeks they didn't even know. Nigerians knew in under 5 days. Took us 2 weeks. And we all know that from a patient 0(original carrier of ebola) ebola will spread to wattttmore than 81 people in that period. And they dint know there was ebola so.there was no preventive measures It would av spread to sm1 who probably moved to georgia/florida/ny. And no one will know. By d tym they find out. It will be outta control
That was the same fear we had after that buffoon went to hide in PH with ebola.., over a hundred people were thenceforth observed.
Duncan fell ill four days after he arrived Dallas.. was confirmed to have ebola four days after. The fact is that so far, there is one confirmed ebola case in the USA. There are high prospects of containment.
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by abbey621(m): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
uzolexis:
so what makes you think there is still ebola in Nigeria? are you incinuating that we are not capable of handling it Take it or leave it,there is no ebola in Nigeria. I don't know why some pple never want to hear good news come out of Nigeria. angry
To the topic- I really hope US takes care of this as soon as possible,ebola is not a disease i would want even my enemy to have. I wish them the best and what is it with Liberians spreading this disease

I know my country and I know my people, Nigerians are one of the most stubborn set of people. All I'm saying is that a problem shared is a problem half solved, it's only those that report sickness that the government would be aware of.

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by 24in7: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
asadike: Na wah 4 back to sender things and why always liberia?
cuz they're d distributors /marketers of dis product grin

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
tomiobj:

That's what you think.

American health authorities are very serious....and American hospitals have isolation facilties that African hospitalscan dream of.

But enough about that...once control measures are in place, Ebola can be stopped. Also the reason why so many die in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea is that many do not go to hospital....they prefer to be taken care of at home or in traditional healer's houses. Most hospitals are not well equiped. And there is still a lot of misinformation out here.

In America...people run to hospital at the first sign of fever.

Also Ebola requires close constant contact to spread, not just a one time contact.(That is why medical people die of the disease in such high numbers...close constant contact).
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Otasdeyoung(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
very unfortunately American Government took this lightly initially hoping that is an African affairs. Hope by now every means to contain and control this evil plague should be a thing to research on. Nevertheless, American Liberian is a father and son affair. They should quickly learn fast from Nigeria on how to reduce Ebola to Zero. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by atiku07(m): 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Arindin ni e! ode ti on fi owo osi juwe ile baba e!

abbey621:

Baba nla baba e will die of Ebola, wretched fellow!
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by davo3286: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2014

I tire o...
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
all4naija: Too many primitive people posting comments on this thread. Nigerians follow the measures WHO gave to contain the EVD. I don't know why people are laughing over the situation of the Ebola case in Dallas. This is stupidity at the highest order for those who are laughing because it makes them look very uncivilized. Jeez!
And naija plenty for the area faa....
I hope all these developed countries won't start making Visa applications more difficult for west Africans travelling to their countries for genuine reasons.
Since the business in town now is exportation of ebola virus.

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Liberians are now becoming agents of EVD distribution and Spread Worldwide. Who will liberate Us from these Liberians undecided

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by JiggamanGh: 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
TYlicious:

I did the exact same thing! cheesy. "Almighty America" isn't so mighty after all!

Thats why yall will always remain poor because your heart is poor. You are laughing because the disease is in America. Do you know how many africans live in america. By God's grace we will contain this disease. God bless america and Africa and he should have mercy on you evil beings.

4 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by RaptorX: 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
anitank: These Liberians are just plain wicked! They come in contact with their Ebola relatives, then leave the country for another, hoping to get better treatment and yet refuse to own up until it's too late

This man helped his sister who had Ebola to the hospital just days before he traveled to the US. He got sick and went to a hospital without mentioning his travel history to them so they gave him antibiotics and he left. It was when he got really sick that he was tested for Ebola which came out positive.

Now that he has put a lot of people in danger, I hope he's happy.

And it's completely pointless and inhumane that some of you are happy about this. That it's the US doesn't make them immune to Ebola, it was only a matter of time before they record a case....and until they're more serious with their restrictions to people travelling from Countries with Ebola, same would apply to countries all over the world.
Another American butt licker, let me educate you. Do you know that Americans from Tulane university and Fort detrick army bio warfare center were conducting bio warfare research in Sierra leone right b4 this outbreak? Even whites will tell you they believe this is a bio warfare research gone wrong by the US, but dumb Africans still believe America love them. Go listen to minister Loius Farakhan call ebola a race specific bio warfare virus targetting Africans, you negroes are dumb beyond belief.

4 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2014

gringringrin he who laughs last..laughs best gringrin
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by abbey621(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
RaptorX: Another American butt licker, let me educate you. Do you know that Americans from Tulane university and Fort detrick army bio warfare center were conducting bio warfare research in Sierra leone right b4 this outbreak? Even whites will tell you they believe this is a bio warfare research gone wrong by the US, but dumb Africans still believe America love them. Go listen to minister Loius Farakhan call ebola a race specific bio warfare virus targetting Africans, you negroes are dumb beyond belief.

Shut your dirty mouth! Another lost soul who believes everything is a conspiracy. Instead of facing the fact, you perfer to believe useless theories. Show me one credible article which backs your statement, no evidence, no research, just a bunch of confused individuals still blaming whites for your predicament.

4 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by darkman200: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
RaptorX: Another American butt licker, let me educate you. Do you know that Americans from Tulane university and Fort detrick army bio warfare center were conducting bio warfare research in Sierra leone right b4 this outbreak? Even whites will tell you they believe this is a bio warfare research gone wrong by the US, but dumb Africans still believe America love them. Go listen to minister Loius Farakhan call ebola a race specific bio warfare virus targetting Africans, you negroes are dumb beyond belief.

M o r o n! You will die of ignorance. You are a lost case.

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by uzolexis(f): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
abbey621:

I know my country and I know my people, Nigerians are one of the most stubborn set of people. All I'm saying is that a problem shared is a problem half solved, it's only those that report sickness that the government would be aware of.

you have a point there but i dont think ebola is something any Nigerian would joke with,there was so much sensitisation about it. Besides it's a disease that can't be hidden for long cause of it's severity so if the govt n health workers say it's gone, i believe it is as i don't think any Nigerian would be that foolish,we loove life too much.
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by abbey621(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
uzolexis:

you have a point there but i dont think ebola is something any Nigerian would joke with,there was so much sensitisation about it. Besides it's a disease that can't be hidden for long cause of it's severity so if the govt n health workers say it's gone, i believe it is as i don't think any Nigerian would be that foolish,we loove life too much.

I admire your optimism, I lost all hope in Nigerians when they started the salt water thing, let's just hope for the best. I truly want Nigeria to be Ebola free so that my visit this month would not be spent in fear grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by 2aces(m): 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Icon4s: All flights to and from America should be banned with immediate effect and all Americans coming from other parts of the World should be quarantined and tested at our Airports. angry
Useless people let them now c how it feels angry
TIT FOR TAT has never felt better
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by mctons: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Alfred200825: remove nigeria from that list nd besides the world is looking up to Nigeria, Nigerians and President Jonathan.

Seconded grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Delta Quack Doctor Bursted While Performing Illegal Abortion (Video) / Checkout This Lady's Amazing Weight Loss Progress From January To July / Growing Menace Of Poison Among Friends At Beer Parlours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.